Info: Confirmation that loot sucks 2010

Hugh Willose

Prowler
Society
Dark Knights
Hugh Willose
Just thought i would share some accurate statistics of my first 100 hunts this year, No wonder people are quitting this game

Anybody wanting a blank copy of this file for their own use, email me at

yerman@btinternet.com

next update march 1st

i didn't realise there would have been such a demand for this spreadsheet so here's a link to download it

http://www.irelandfishing.co.uk/entropia

thnx guys :)

Last edited:
I've lost 1k ped only in mining this week and that has never ever happened before.

20-50% returns never happened and now they're completely normal.. I'd love to see even one profitable run..

i did badly durning sga mining

ok now but still losing on TT glad markup fixes that

I'm sorry for the losses, but I just wanted to say:

Impressive excel file :eek:

I know this issue too good, in our soc (including myself) most people stopped playing too because of such returns. MA broke the players and is about crashing the game. So sad, so true.

have you ever wondered ... less ppl playing = less money being used = less money in the loot pool

so if alot of ppl stop it means lees for those that stays..
alot of ppl still cant play cuz of bad comps and all these posts about bad loots make them not wanna hurry back

so maybe all the complaining and all the missing ppl is part to blame and not completely MA ?

you can -rep me if you want i just think of it this way

have you ever wondered ... less ppl playing = less money being used = less money in the loot pool

so if alot of ppl stop it means lees for those that stays..
alot of ppl still cant play cuz of bad comps and all these posts about bad loots make them not wanna hurry back

so maybe all the complaining and all the missing ppl is part to blame and not completely MA ?

you can -rep me if you want i just think of it this way

Less people play = less money being used = less money in the loot pool = less people claiming loot from the loot pool.

Stop bitching about the others and overthink your speech first, or do you think that the second 1000 people would get no loot at all ?

let me add my humble contribution to the whining party... :silly2: i just went through a period of 5k peds cycled hunting, with 2 globals: 50+60 ped. never happened before. isn't it just great??? :wtg:

well we still see alot of ATH´s and if there arent alot of ppl to fill again some has to pay for it....

im not saying loots arent bad but every time we all blame MA and never think there could be any other reason

looks about the same as my returns, think u have done a little better then me tho, gratz :silly2:

Bad loot started with SGA for me and still havent gone back to "normal" loot :mad:

very nice excel skills :)

well we still see alot of ATH´s and if there arent alot of ppl to fill again some has to pay for it....

im not saying loots arent bad but every time we all blame MA and never think there could be any other reason

Now think one time before talking that players are to blame because they're staying away about the topic why players are staying away. I'm sure it's not because EU is such a place of joy atm !

Impressive losses.....maybe MA should explain where they get this (average)$1 per hour from.
My losses are also (almost)unbearable at times ...... MA do seem to ignore loyal players after 2 years(potential average 'stay' in EU)..... squeezing every last ped from them before they finally throw up their arms in frustration & leave. I would think that they would want to keep them interested & hooked.

oh i am not complaining and i wont get into any neg rep dispute with anyone. I dont mind paying for my entertainment, i love this game, but in the past i have generally broke even, this is not a whinning thread, just sharing some accurate info, i would be interested to see any other stats, especially something positive. :)

Great Excel file. That is some serious work.

Now if only MA would include loot descriptions in chat window for normal hunts instead of just Team then maybe someone could edit a programme to read the chat log and make all these calculations automatically.

Oh that would be amazing lol.

the universe as we know it has come to an end :rolleyes:

Now think one time before talking that players are to blame because they're staying away about the topic why players are staying away. I'm sure it's not because EU is such a place of joy atm !

well i know alot of ppl take break after reading all the posts about losses and then they dont even give it a try for themselfs.....

im not saying its there fault but you seem to bo sure its all MA to blame.

ill leave you to your way of thinking and wish you GL :)

no need to keep this going.

P.S Hugh> hope you get a nice hof soon to cover some looses :)

Would be very nice if you could share the excel without the data. Would be very handy to use one myself, and i guess many others to. Anyway would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance! :)

Very impressive excel sheet in the face of the antiwhiners.

Loot system must be adjusted! If MA is no longer 'responsible' then FPC must make the financial sacrifice.... or we.. you who still willing to play and loose or keep hoping a noob ath will be doOOooOOOomed.

i would be willing to do a monthly update if people are interested

At least you got plenty of skills that are dropping in value every second. :yay:

first , VERY NICE EXCEL FILE !!!
Yes , i caps it , it worth it , great job there...

As for loss , well , i am always in loss so...
But i have to say , i got a big drop in my loot after that last update 10.6.6
It same in all crafting and hunting...

FPC aaaaand MA want their money, not just FPC, not just MA.
Sucks

Just thought i would share some accurate statistics of my first 100 hunts this year, No wonder people are quitting this game

I always knew the status of the hunt was the least favored in the game. I think your results indicate that it is time something changes in the game. I think it would be good to provide new "star" products from Mindark to Crafters, as there is BP OA101 that using miners products (its minerals) and products from MindArk (tt bombs), that make possible many production of this products, because give many globals, uberloots and ATHs. However is not exists equivalents BP that fomenting the hunting (and hunters) with the use of products from MA. (BPs now are not related to hunting products and MA products, and are not atractive to crafters, because are not so producers of "globals" like an OA101 for example)

If MA give new "star" products to Crafters; that combine hunting materials and MA materials ("tt materials"), I am sure that helping to the hunter with real incentives; and not just the miners, like is the situation now. (Year's sales, of mineral products, are 8 times larger than the sales of hunting products; however, the miners are still only a third of the hunters)

The facts that you show to us, I already knew a long time because I am a hunter, however exist a group of avatars here always showed good results only, and for that reason, I had already become a miner. Because I knew hunting do not pay.

However, this reality requires from MA that assume the responsibility for compensating the real economy of this virtual world; which sincerely, as I see, it is worse than Haiti Economy.. :(

Last edited:
Hi.

you cycled 37087 peds,
you loot total was 30488 peds, which is 82.2% return.

I don't see much info on markup in your screen shot. if you were to adjust your total markup to reflect 95% return, how big would your losses be?

1. Thanks for sharing (nice work!)
2. I'd be interested in a monthly update
3. I can confirm that indeed, it's worse than before; at my low-level, I don't loose as much, but I'm sure that if I had enough time to play, I would reach your numbers :(.
I've been hunting Argos most of December and January - except a Scip Team hunt, and maybe 2 runs on Longtooth; I have 5 globals for this period, with the biggest one of 106PED.
This is bothering me; in the past I was able to get even without the need of many globals; not on every run, but overall. Right now, there is no way I can do this without hitting something special.

Like many others, including the OP, I don't dream of getting rich, and I totally agree to pay for entertainment; the issue now is that it's becoming more expensive... every month.

The amount of money people spend around here never ceases to amaze me...

i would be willing to do a monthly update if people are interested
+rep for effort.
I am interested.

Loots aren't great but for me never were anyway.

In a weird twist of events the people who are constantly profiting are non depositors or people who haven`t deposited for years. Most of these are top soc hunters. The current loot system turns off the normal monthly depositor with payed job that can`t hunt 24/7 to catch the uber but favours the non depositors. There are very few ppl depositing in this game and this hurts economy a lot and ofc the lootpool. It`s very common that you meet old players with commando unlocked and beyond +good gear that only depoed 20-30usd or not so old players. Probably MA had easier time profiting before but now it`s even harder for them with this crisis and more than 40% of playerbase being from the US.

Don`t think it means that MA increased taxes on loot, but less deposits means also less activities that people can afford which results in less turnover which in turn makes a smaller lootpool=worse loot.

One couldn`t help but ask why does MA introduce these "enhancer" system and also currently working on a quest system when there`s lots of unfinished business from the old Entropia like flying, mindforce or taming. Why would MA work and put precious resources in 2 new systems before delivering the unfinished business? Probably because they are really trying to get people to deposit asap and this is really a top priority for them before any long term plans.

Back