Corrected results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27 – 29.

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Corrected results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27 – 29.

Due to an unfortunate mistake in our administration, the wrong winner was appointed.

The correct order of winners are:
1st Place - $2000 Alienware Gift Card: Lizzie PERKy Borden - 495.2 points
2nd Place - $750 Alienware Gift Card: Thorkell Wizze Viking- 455.5 points
3rd Place - $250 Alienware Gift Card: Cunning Cunning Linguist-103.7 points

The avatar that was incorrectly placed third initially, keeps the prize:
4th Place - $250 Alienware Gift Card: Andre Psychos Pereira -102.9 points

We sincerely apologize for the mistake and congratulate the now four prize winners of the event.

Originally Posted Here

Oh dear, entropia tracker is more accurate than MA ;)

And gratz to the winners of course :)

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
Good to see it being corrected!

Grats to winners!

woohooo :) Perky now time to party with Noobzy :p

Congratulations!

I am positively surprised about this development. Even though I worry that this is costing some of the CLD money which was meant to bring new activities, not fix them :)

Apart from that, the willingness to acknowledge mistakes and take responsibility for correcting them is a sign -to me- of MA/Calypso rising to a higher maturity, and is a very good sign for years to come.

Thanks You MA for correcting this :yay:

I am positively surprised about this development. Even though I worry that this is costing some of the CLD money which was meant to bring new activities, not fix them :)

Apart from that, the willingness to acknowledge mistakes and take responsibility for correcting them is a sign -to me- of MA/Calypso rising to a higher maturity, and is a very good sign for years to come.

MA might seem smarter than you think I can tell you one of those inactives they brought back covered most of that prize pool with their deposits so far :laugh:

MA might seem smarter than you think I can tell you one of those inactives they brought back covered most of that prize pool with their deposits so far :laugh:

But first, players must convince the MA that (1 +1 = 2), although it is no doubt about it which in this case....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

"their deposits" = best joke of the day.

...(1 +1 = 2)...

This is an interesting "concept" and ever so debatable. Any other "revelations" that MA should be convinced of? Hmmm? Anyone?

:popcorn:

This is an interesting "concept" and ever so debatable. Any other "revelations" that MA should be convinced of? Hmmm? Anyone?

:popcorn:

Annoying the players is a bad thing to do.

Posting that you're going to nerf something ahead of time results in a lot "unfair" posts on the forum.

just to complete in the event or in total?

I assume that was kinda part of the plan :silly2:

Yay!!!

MA personel are humans too! but they also have a high tech system to monitor everything!

Happy to finally see an appology, why did it take so long?

And grats to the new winner in the contest!

and the added price winner!

forget it....

Last edited:
Today, the contest order is modified, so MA is taking back the money they gave to him as he was the winner, but there is only 7700 peds on the card.
I bet they can't sell the items he bought, for several reasons (a bit long to explain all now), but finally his ped card is now at 0.00, and that doesnt change the fact that 7700PED is always 7700PED and not 20 000PED...

Uhh... maybe you should have read the posts and noticed what the awards were Akbar? The winners were not given ped. The winners will get Alienware gift cards. As MA did not yet give anything to anybody, it will also not be taking anything away either. Having some idea what you are talking about generally does help.

Thank you MA and all the players. Like anyone in my situation, I'm both happy and sad that everything turned out all right. I'd like to congratulate the 3rd and 4th place, especially Psychos who sent a support ticket telling MA that the winners were wrong even though it could have cost him his prize.
I've already congratulated the first place winner soon after he got that hof and took first place. but congratulations again :p

I know how Lizzie felt because I had similar thoughts about this event when I lost the first place in the last 30 minutes after having had the lead in over 47hours... It was tough :p
Some of my greedy thoughts at the time: "hofs are not that common afterall, it's not easy to get one just because you're trying extra hard. and especially to time it in the last 30 minutes. ppl have done 10k kills missions without getting a single hof" and so on
However, the false result and the correction has removed my doubts.

I'll be honest and say that I did not belive that MA could make a mistake like this. Like a madman I've been visiting this forum every day, checking my mails, emails, checking the news over and over, Waiting for MA to explain to all the upset players the reason for the results I was hoping that they would do this really soon because that thread was attracting way too much negativity. like someone else said:
"What do you think people intrested in this game will think after they've read through this thread?"

Since I did not want to belive the results was wrong, I was eagerly waiting for a response similar to these:
"Sorry the timezones in the invite was wrong, the event started 2 hours early and had to end 2 hours early"
"Sorry, we did not explain the rules in full in the event invitations, Since this is a individual event you had to do 100% of the damage to the mob on your own. Meaning a <99% health mob would NOT counted"

I can not deny that I got a double morale now, losing a grand prize like this twice is really heavy... This might sound extremly selfish since I still got the second prize but if you could think yourself in my situation you'd probably feel very similar...

As for all the negativity around this "secret event" I hope you all have started to understand the importance of it all. some of these inactive players have been very active in the past and has undoubtedly been very dedicated to this game. Beliving that something that could bring those players back would be a bad thing is really outrageous and not thought trough at all.

They sent out this survey and got almost 1000 replies! Who knows how many replies they Did not get! Either way all those 1000ppl and everyone that did not reply has all deposited >10$ each(some maybe even over 10k peds) plus the 500 players that started playing again might have already deposited an averege of >10$ each. So this event has defenitly already paid for itself a few times over for a prize which was most likely even donated for advertisment purposes.

Some might have missed the post about it but there'll apparently be a similar event for the still active players so there's no reason to be upset about unfairness anymore.

I really like this game but it's not a game I'd want to jump in to alone. when I started in 2008 I had a lot friends but since it was so hard to keep your money and the lack of goals they quickly lost their intrest and quit... I have not been very active since then but I've always had entropia in the back of my thoughts, visiting the forums now and then.
... I always thought that I'd start playing again.

However, There's sadly alot of negativity here and it sounds like it's even harder to keep your money now compared to how it was 4 years ago. It's sad but I still can't bring my friends to play this game as it is right now.
I've got my theories how to improve the game but what I belive to be the absolute biggest improvement would be what I replied in this (Thread) about people getting the chance to choose their own risks when it comes to hunting.

One more thing I think would be very helpful for this game would be to remove all old posts full of whining, negativiy, complains and so on. removing a new thread would be really frustrating for the OP and he might bring his bad experiences somewhere outside of the forums where you have no control(this you would not want). but old threads, I don't think anyone would care if they were removed but they still exist and they might have bad impacts on possible new players. just a thought.

editing this away, hehe my posts seems to be too big to fit.

Last edited:
Good job to the community:thumbup: for fixing yet another MA screw up.

Finally a post I can be positive about! Grats to rightful winners :).

Thank you MA and all the players. Like anyone in my situation, I'm both happy and sad about how it all turned out. But it’s a really good thing everything turned out alright in the end. I'd like to congratulate the 3rd and 4th place, especially Psychos who sent a support ticket telling MA that the winners were wrong even though it could have cost him his prize.
and gratz again to the first place winner now when it's finally official.

I know how Lizzie felt because I had similar thoughts about this event when I lost the first place in the last 30 minutes after having had the lead in over 47hours... It was tough :p
Some of my greedy thoughts at the time:
"hofs are not that common afterall, it's not easy to get one just because you're trying extra hard."
"I've heard that ppl have done 10k kills missions without getting a single hof"
"Cmon it was 30min left how big chance is there that this would happen?"
and so on.
However, the false result and the correction has removed my doubts completely.

I'll be honest and say that I'm very surprised at the results. I did not belive that MA could make a mistake like this. Like a madman I've been visiting this forum every day, checking my mails, emails, checking the news over and over, Waiting for MA to explain to all the upset players the reason for the results I was hoping that they would do this really soon because that thread was attracting way too much negativity. like someone else said:
"What do you think people intrested in this game will think after they've read through this thread?"

I did not want to belive the results was wrong. (for obvious reasons.) So I was eagerly waiting for a response similar to these:
"Sorry the timezones in the invite was wrong, the event started 2 hours early and had to end 2 hours early"
"Sorry, we did not explain the rules in full in the event invitations, Since this is a individual event you had to do 100% of the damage to the mob on your own. Meaning a <99% health mob would NOT counted"
etc.

I can not deny that I got a double morale now, losing a grand prize like this twice is really heavy... This might sound extremly selfish since I still got the second prize but if you could think yourself in my situation you'd probably feel very similar...

I really like this game but it's not a game I'd want to jump in to alone. when I started in 2008 I had a lot friends but since it was so hard to keep your money and the lack of goals they quickly lost their intrest and quit... I have not been very active since then but I've always had entropia in the back of my thoughts, visiting the forums now and then ... I always thought that I'd start playing again. :ahh:

However, There's alot of negativity here and it sounds like it's even harder to keep your money now compared to 4 years ago. It's sad but I still can't bring my friends to play this game as it is right now.
I've got my theories how to improve the game but what I belive to be the absolute biggest improvement would be what I wrote in another thread about people getting the chance to choose their own risks when it comes to hunting.

One more thing I think would be very helpful for this game and its community would be to remove all old posts full of whining, negativiy, complains and so on. removing a new thread would be really frustrating for the OP and he might bring his bad experiences somewhere outside of the forums where you have no control(this you would not want). but old threads, I don't think anyone would care if they were removed but they still exist and they might have bad impacts on possible new players and even on the OP themselves if things start to turn around for them. just my thoughts

Last edited:
Akbar,
The "winner" , was never the winner, so he could be misleaded, but in the end he know he wasn't the actual winner.

But being the winner and seeing a bug, and not being awarded your earnt prize, that's messed up
Glad all is fixed now

considering that actually THE WHINING CRITICISM of many of US was based on true facts, pls 711 or moderators can you reopen that tread in order we can discuss about even more ????? (also some apologies would be welcome)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...active-participants-hunting-event-April-27-29

Simply because some of the complaints were justified doesn't mean all of them were and that it warrants a reopening of the thread. The vast majority of posts in that thread did contain unjustified negativity and whining, backed up by no facts or actual reasons.

What is there really left to discuss that you can not discuss here? Why re-open a thread if it will only lead to non-constructive negativity?

considering that actually THE WHINING CRITICISM of many of US was based on true facts, pls 711 or moderators can you reopen that tread in order we can discuss about even more ????? (also some apologies would be welcome)

It's a little admiring that you're even trying... they're not gonna open that thread ever, if anything they might remove it altogether.
None of that so called "CRITISISM" was in any way helpful for MA, the game or the community.
and the problems has already been solved, that's what this thread is for.

All that negative thread can do is to spoil the game for everyone else by scaring off new potential players. which is what you'd think someone like you would want to prevent. unless you're just a troll who really does not care and only want to see people bitching at each other.

Last edited:
Akbar,
The "winner" , was never the winner, so he could be misleaded, but in the end he know he wasn't the actual winner.

Don't say that, lol. MA led me to belive I was the first prize winner because it all took too long to be "just a mistake", almost 2 (very long) weeks for such a small thing that I almost started to belive it myself... It's terrible, I don't want anyone to have to go through this again :( I hope they'll double check the next event to prevent something like this from happening again.

These 2 weeks have been very long. first for not getting any confirmation about my 2nd prize especially since the event felt so "hush hush"
I had already accepted the placements as they are now because it was what I had come up with by tracking everyone in the event.
But then they claimed that I was the first prize winner just to screw with me!
(or it was just an honset mistake :p ) But it took them another week to resolve it! outrageous!
Because of this, I had to get over the first prize twice.

I probably sound really selfish right now but I hope you can imagine.

Last edited:
Back