Corrected results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27 – 29.

Congratulation to the Winners!

Good job MA for acknowledging the mistake and correcting.

Don't say that, lol. MA led me to belive I was the first prize winner because it all took too long to be "just a mistake", almost 2 (very long) weeks for such a small thing that I almost started to belive it myself... It's terrible, I don't want anyone to have to go through this again :( I hope they'll double check the next event to prevent something like this from happening again.

These 2 weeks have been very long. first for not getting any confirmation about my 2nd prize especially since the event felt so "hush hush"
I had already accepted the placements as they are now because it was what I had come up with by tracking everyone in the event.
But then they claimed that I was the first prize winner just to screw with me!
(or it was just an honset mistake :p ) But it took them another week to resolve it! outrageous!
Because of this, I had to get over the first prize twice.

I probably sound really selfish right now but I hope you can imagine.

It's not selfish to expect a little information when you have been part of an event & it appears that something has gone wrong.. I'm still waiting for a answer to a simple question I asked after the disappointment of being disqualified from Merry Mayhem.

Gz to the winners & glad to see 4th place keep his prize

Spongey

Congrats to the winners.

My question is.... Where did these gift cards come from? Our loss? Devs loss? Promo loss?

Thats basically an ingame ath... Kinda screwed up if you think about it.

My question is.... Where did these gift cards come from? Our loss? Devs loss? Promo loss?

Marketing money, taken from the CLD sale money.

Well, 0.05% of the CLD money... 0.0542% if counting the extra 250USD due to the mistake.

Even with the small extra cost, it's a nice, cost-effective promotion.

Congrats to the winners.

How about it was sponsord by alienware? it's called advertising.

Congrats to the winners.

No the reward came from their own pockets!

133277142475.png

It's a little admiring that you're even trying... they're not gonna open that thread ever, if anything they might remove it altogether.
None of that so called "CRITISISM" was in any way helpful for MA, the game or the community.
and the problems has already been solved, that's what this thread is for.

All that negative thread can do is to spoil the game for everyone else by scaring off new potential players. which is what you'd think someone like you would want to prevent. unless you're just a troll who really does not care and only want to see people bitching at each other.

I think that you underestimate the mods intelligence. Sometimes, they can change idea, like everyone else. So it works a try.
About the events there are still many questions left imo. Why this event was so secret? how many participants (really 1000 old players log in???)? partial list of the not winners? (like happen in other events) etcetc.
Without considering the general questions like: why you didn t make a similar event for who is playing this game everyday depositing and then for the inactive ones? MA said the it plans to do it? whit what format? for ubers only (like usual)? skills based??? time in game for year based or what??????
Now probably you don t care about any of those matters. It s your right. Maybe someone does. Fair enough?

Corrected results from the inactive participants hunting event April 27 – 29.

Due to an unfortunate mistake in our administration, the wrong winner was appointed.

The correct order of winners are:
1st Place - $2000 Alienware Gift Card: Lizzie PERKy Borden - 495.2 points
2nd Place - $750 Alienware Gift Card: Thorkell Wizze Viking- 455.5 points
3rd Place - $250 Alienware Gift Card: Cunning Cunning Linguist-103.7 points

The avatar that was incorrectly placed third initially, keeps the prize:
4th Place - $250 Alienware Gift Card: Andre Psychos Pereira -102.9 points

We sincerely apologize for the mistake and congratulate the now four prize winners of the event.

Originally Posted Here

Gz to all and well done for MindArk too fixing the mistake :)

I think that you underestimate the mods intelligence. Sometimes, they can change idea, like everyone else. So it works a try.
About the events there are still many questions left imo. Why this event was so secret? how many participants (really 1000 old players log in???)? partial list of the not winners? (like happen in other events) etcetc.
Without considering the general questions like: why you didn t make a similar event for who is playing this game everyday depositing and then for the inactive ones? MA said the it plans to do it? whit what format? for ubers only (like usual)? skills based??? time in game for year based or what??????
Now probably you don t care about any of those matters. It s your right. Maybe someone does. Fair enough?

now you got some reasonable arguments. but You got it a little wrong, 500 players logged in, not 1000.
The event was not secret either just not talked about very much. First they sent out the survey to all inactive players that has done a deposit to the game. They did not tell the community about this survey until they had gotten their results. they got 1000 replies which they were very happy with.
I'm pretty sure they did tell people about the results of the survey once they had finished it.

What they did right away was to decrease the "This creature did not carry any loot" messages ingame which was one of the top reasons people had quit (according to the survey) to show the players that they do care.
I read this in my mail but I'm pretty sure I read it in the highlights on the launcher when I installed the game and logged in again but I might be mistaken...

Maybe MA let the inactive players do the first event so they could be given even another chance to take part in the event for the active players? :D if that's their reasoning then they'd have more players in the game when the other event for the active players will be held. who knows xD you have got such small worries... people are intresting...

You're being reasonable now but You got it a little wrong, 500 players logged in, not 1000.

Actually, 1000+ logged in according to the announcement, and 500+ were still active a couple of days ago according to Charlie over at Solfais :)

Wait a minute...

Was this thrown by MA or was it thrown by the calypso team?

If it was just calypso, was it inactives of calypso only, because thats all they can do? Or what it for all of EU?

But if it was all of EU, can calypso do that? And wouldnt MA have to do that?

Basically who actually did this and who did it cover is my question.

Congratulations!

:cool:

Actually, 1000+ logged in according to the announcement, and 500+ were still active a couple of days ago according to Charlie over at Solfais :)

haha, ok. that's even better. I guess it can be good to be wrong sometimes. :D

Wait a minute...

Was this thrown by MA or was it thrown by the calypso team?

If it was just calypso, was it inactives of calypso only, because thats all they can do? Or what it for all of EU?

But if it was all of EU, can calypso do that? And wouldnt MA have to do that?

Basically who actually did this and who did it cover is my question.

I don't know. I did not think that far... I thought it all was the same but the emails came from
Jan Welter Timkrans Humble Creator of Entropia Universe. planetcalypso@entropiauniverse.com
So maybe it was from the calypso team afterall?
after checking my mails it does not say anything about MA at all(or calypso for that matter.) only "Entropia universe".

"As a former or inactive participant, we are very interested in your feedback on ways we can improve the overall user experience in Entropia Universe.
We would be delighted if you would take a few moments to complete a short survey and share your experiences and opinions about various aspects of Entropia Universe."

and the rest are only instructions about prizes and times of the event and such.
it came 3 emails, first explaining about the survey, second one was a thank you email for filling out the survey and the third one showed the result of the survey and instructions on the event.

Well done, MindArk. A concern that an error was made in the first place but at least you've admitted it and corrected it.

Mentioning any other concerns about the event would be churlish in context.

Proof that complaints on the forums, do sometimes result in fixes..

Since the discrepancy in winners was only realized, because of the "whiners" in the first announcement thread.

Proof that complaints on the forums, do sometimes result in fixes..

Since the discrepancy in winners was only realized, because of the "whiners" in the first announcement thread.

long life to the whiners and malox to other ones

kidding :D

well now i am curious what do you consider inactive?

Cause the winner stated looks pretty active on the tracker

and the 2nd place looks definitly inactive.

so what is the definition of this 'inactive' event?

to be honest i am not sure if the community was right on this...

Again if you look at the trackers of 1st and 2nd place... you can 'notice' i mean if you can't then you must be blind one person is WAY More ACTIVE then "inactive" then the other person which is CLEARLY inactive...
so not sure if the community was being Fair on this contest and just jumping into a hissy fit to prove mindark wrong... like what is considered inactive and active in this game?
lol
cause it looks like i could of done this event too..

Last edited:
500 ppl active after some time
50% of them deposits $30 to play for a while
= +$7500

Cost: Sponsored by Alienware

Gain: +$7500

More players, more fun & free money for EU - what's not to like here?? And it maybe took a day or two to set up.

well now i am curious what do you consider inactive?

Cause the winner stated looks pretty active on the tracker

and the 2nd place looks definitly inactive.

so what is the definition of this 'inactive' event?

to be honest i am not sure if the community was right on this...

Again if you look at the trackers of 1st and 2nd place... you can 'notice' i mean if you can't then you must be blind one person is WAY More ACTIVE then "inactive" then the other person which is CLEARLY inactive...
so not sure if the community was being Fair on this contest and just jumping into a hissy fit to prove mindark wrong... like what is considered inactive and active in this game?
lol
cause it looks like i could of done this event too..

I read somewhere that you had to have been inactive the last 6 months of last year or something like that, to "qualify", Lizzie managed to time that inactivity perfectly to qualify for the event. we got the survey in the end of march and a reply and an invite for the event about a week later, in the beginning of april. I checked lizzie on the tracker and before april he had indeed been inactive, even if it had not been for a long time... He just got really really lucky. with the timing.

But I agree with you. He's too active! change the winners please. ;)

Last edited:
The people saying the contest order was wrong weren't the "whiners". The "whiners" are the ones that were throwing a fit that MA had this contest at all, I imagine they are even less pleased now that another person got an award from it.

Ah then just Lucky Congratz :)
Right time Right place Right space :)

Gratz to Lizzie PERKy Borden

Enjoy it!

The people saying the contest order was wrong weren't the "whiners". The "whiners" are the ones that were throwing a fit that MA had this contest at all,.....

Quoted for truth.

Gratz to the winners, thanks MA and all the people who fought for truth

woohooo :) Perky now time to party with Noobzy :p

Pfft. Noobzy is to much of a cider drinking shazbot nub :girl: to be partied with! I might however go forcefeed him some beers for kicks :beerchug:

Thanks everyone for the gratz and thanks to the sane ppl (and BAstards :D) pointing out the error in the results. GZ to the other winners, sry wizze, can see how this was all a bit frustrating to you :/.

/Il Perkulatore

so perky curious how long were you away from the game?

I just need to know now.
;)
since i see you here posting

Pfft. Noobzy is to much of a cider drinking shazbot nub :girl: to be partied with! I might however go forcefeed him some beers for kicks :beerchug:

Thanks everyone for the gratz and thanks to the sane ppl (and BAstards :D) pointing out the error in the results. GZ to the other winners, sry wizze, can see how this was all a bit frustrating to you :/.

/Il Perkulatore

Yeah lol... I had already accepted the 750 and they pull something like that, I did not belive they could be wrong so I thought it was some other reason behind it all. But it's not something you have to apologize for.

Btw, tell me when you hear something about your prize. I have not heard anything at all from them yet

Last edited:
Gratz to those who took part. Just glad to see it went to real inactive players not alt's.

The people saying the contest order was wrong weren't the "whiners". The "whiners" are the ones that were throwing a fit that MA had this contest at all, I imagine they are even less pleased now that another person got an award from it.

The total prize fund was only 30,000ped. How many hofs and globals over the past week have we seen that are far bigger than that on hydra alone so not sure why they got that annoyed.

OK so it was old inactive players, how many on the forum believe that MA give a loot bonus to returning players. If they'd done this for newbie players only would they have got just as annoyed?

Back