News: Cosmetic Mayhem Token

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

Cosmetic Mayhem Token​

The upcoming Halloween Mayhem 2023 event will introduce new Cosmetic Mayhem Tokens into Entropia Universe! The Cosmetic Mayhem Tokens can be used to obtain exclusive cosmetic items such as clothes, masks, and more. Compared to previous years, cosmetic items will now be available through the Mayhem Vendor.

The Mayhem Vendor will update over time with new cosmetics. The Cosmetic Mayhem Tokens are untradeable through Entropia Universe Auction and by player-to-player trade, but you can freely trade the items you acquire from the Mayhem Vendor.

There will be five obtainable cosmetic tokens: Cosmetic Mayhem Token, Bronze Cosmetic Mayhem Token, Silver Cosmetic Mayhem Token, Gold Cosmetic Mayhem Token, and Redulite Cosmetic Mayhem Token.

How will you get these Cosmetic Mayhem Tokens? By participating in Entropia Universe Mayhem missions, you can expect to receive Cosmetic Mayhem Tokens when reaching certain mission thresholds.

For detailed information about the upcoming Mayhem reward lists, keep your eyes peeled for the Halloween Mayhem 2023 announcement!

Originally Posted Here

Count me in.

I hope the vendor has something we can exchange for small amounts of them.

Otherwise those tokens will rot in my storage, since I can't grind a lot and they are untradable... :cautious:

I hope the vendor has something we can exchange for small amounts of them.

Otherwise those tokens will rot in my storage, since I can't grind a lot and they are untradable... :cautious:

At least looks like it wont be a huge stockpiling kind of problem, more like a 1:1 tradein ratio?

Juding by the name of the tokens and how the announcment is worded. You will only get like a couple by completing the bronze/silver/gold/redulite mission chains and they wont be lootable.

Possibly, I got the impression they could be repeatable since the announcement said "missions" (plural).

It's fine I guess.

Possibly, I got the impression they could be repeatable since the announcement said "missions" (plural).

It's fine I guess.
Actually I just noticed there is regular Cosmetic Mayhem Token. So that one probably going to be from the daily missions lvl 1-10 and rest will be from the main chains

The Token Trader has been present for a couple of weeks now already.
You can have a look at Twin Peaks balcony.

:tiphat:

It's fine I guess.
With missions, it means the Mayhem Annihilation missions in Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Redulite. You will receive the Cosmetic tokens when reaching certain reward thresholds!

With missions, it means the Mayhem Annihilation missions in Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Redulite. You will receive the Cosmetic tokens when reaching certain reward thresholds!
does it also mean that we dont get the actual item for completing the stages in mayhem? Or do we get the Item plus additional Token?

does it also mean that we dont get the actual item for completing the stages in mayhem? Or do we get the Item plus additional Token?
Pretty sure you won't get items for completing stages. You'll get tokens which can be converted into items

Edit:
unless they add some extra special items that circumvent the token system

So for next Mayhem we will have 5 different types of tokens in loot:
- Twen Tokens
- Unreal Tokens
- Mayhem Tokens
- Cosmetic Tokens
- Rare Mayhem Tokens
:yay:

Ahhh tokens, deeds and mashing F. This game is really coming along in its effort to distill down to the blandest gameplay posiible while still turning a profit lol

Why exactly couldn't you just put these items in the loot? Why do we need more tokens? Do items like clothes need to be so scarce the only way that more than the typical 6 people can get a taste of looting them is to break those few items up into needing mass tokens so peasants can fractionally loot part of a shirt?

This game is circling the drain...

cosmetics. wow. that's so creative. I hope they put some crayons in there too!

Why exactly couldn't you just put these items in the loot?
Because since 2013 the exact group of people have been complaining 24/7 others were looting items, here you got Tokens, exactly what the community has requested, Mindark delivered.Enjoy.

Last edited:
Because since 2013 the exact group of people have been complaining 24/7 others were looting items, here you go Tokens exactly what the community has requested, Mindark delivered.Enjoy.
Yeah but this doesn't solve the root of the issue. This is a half assed attempt to appease people without actually having to change anything.

It's like people complain food is too expensive so rather than fixing price issues their solution is to just cut the package size in half so it looks cheaper on the shelf. "There, food is half price" nevermind it's also half the food for that price too.

is not a bad idea, i suspect this is cause the unbalanced number of items spread thru player base, uneven numbers and that is difficult to control if u want to pair or upgrade for future sets, ball is in the player's yard now
tho

i really hope to see finished products here,
i.e. mask without the rest of the armor parts, warlock spikes and ears without the rest of the suit and so on

just saying

l.e. i hope to see the items slot fixed too, tbh i dont understand why as a concept is not possible to put on diff items, cause i understand same item is a nonsense like 2 coats or 2 helmets or idk 2 set of shoes, but not when are totally diff stuffs.

Last edited:
cosmetics. wow. that's so creative. I hope they put some crayons in there too!
Well designed end products and luxury items, such as cosmetics, is actually exactly what we need more of to help drive markup along the whole chain. You see how insanely successful and profitable the implementation of skins have been in other games, for example. People pay for this. Desirable end products and luxury items are key components of a healthy economy. At least the new engine will unlock more potential in regards to this, now if Mindark pounce on it or not is of course another question. They have neglected stuff like tailoring for well over ten years now.

Why exactly couldn't you just put these items in the loot? Why do we need more tokens?
Because putting the items in the loot pool means the top players with the right tools for the job will loot the most. People have been complaining about this exact thing FOR YEARS. Now MA makes a way to level the playing field for something that is an added bonus by simply completing the Mayhem missions which most will do anyways. It's an added bonus that will have value and is tradeable once obtained from the vendor. I see zero downside and zero reason to complain about it. Now even low level players with less than optimal gear that grind to finish the Mayhem missions can get something EXTRA for their hard work.

project Entropia was a “fashion” and art game with all the clothes and paintings to home deco, maybe they are bringing that back slowly.

I'm in the 'problem not solved by this' camp, I think. The tokens won't be tradeable, and apparently given as progress rewards, not as loot.
So, see the problem there, as usual?
A positive might be that if you lump together the rewards you can afford one better fashionable instead of the most basic + second most basic reward as you go level for level.
A disadvantage is that the trader may run out of what you want because others in your category of metal were faster and wanted it too, instead of you being guaranteed your silver ears or whatever...
BUT, the items will be tradeable, so the most desirable will go to the fastest people and maybe sold to who actually wants the items badly.

Tokentropia is a catchy name, someone should TM it ;)

Because putting the items in the loot pool means the top players with the right tools for the job will loot the most. People have been complaining about this exact thing FOR YEARS. Now MA makes a way to level the playing field for something that is an added bonus by simply completing the Mayhem missions which most will do anyways. It's an added bonus that will have value and is tradeable once obtained from the vendor. I see zero downside and zero reason to complain about it. Now even low level players with less than optimal gear that grind to finish the Mayhem missions can get something EXTRA for their hard work.
Yeah but they could have just, oh I don't know... added more shit to the loot pool? And they could have specifically limited certain items capped at lower mob levels. They already have the means to say if certain items only loot on mobs below a certain level (such as calypso bone samples).

I mean we're talking about clothes here - not TWEN/Mayhem guns and armor.

Tokens just don't seem the ideal solution for something as basic as cosmetic loots. More exciting to see a 0.01 ped shirt in loot rather than yet another token where if you collect enough can be used to BUY a shirt (that will probably have zero markup anyways).

Definitely a flawed system. Reminds me of that old saying by Henry Ford "if I had listened to people I would have given them faster horses rather than the automobile". This is definitely a case where MA is trying to give us faster horses. MA isn't innovating based on the core of peoples desires they're just trying band-aid solutions that don't requiring rethinking their flawed RCE model.

Yeah but this doesn't solve the root of the issue
You are focusing on HOW to solve the problem, I just explained WHY its happening.People complain and suggest, Mindark deliver.
I'm saying for years be very careful what you suggest because, you don't understand the consequences.

You are focusing on HOW to solve the problem, I just explained WHY its happening.People complain and suggest, Mindark deliver.
I'm saying for years be very careful what you suggest because, you don't understand the consequences.
what about people who want to sweat robots?

Back