Create a Critter Competition

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Are you a two headed rock chewing dragon or a cuddly little six legged hamster?

Now it’s your turn to create a creature for the new Planet Calypso to be based on the CryENGINE graphics engine.

Imagine you’ve discovered the secrets of DNA engineering on a distant alien world, far into the future. Imagine you can play God and create a new creature from scratch. Would it be a beast or a beauty? Man’s best friend or the ultimate predator? Which landscapes would it inhabit and why?

If you’ve started thinking about the answers, it’s time to pick up your pencil and begin work on your submission to the Create-a-Critter competition. Keep reading…

Entries should be submitted via email to creaturedesign@mindark.com and include:

• Full avatar name of entrant.
  • Artwork: Submitted as one JPEG file no larger than 1MB. The file may contain several images to illustrate different views, animation suggestions, colors etc.
  • Text: Submitted as Word or pdf file. The file should contain:
  • Creature name (max. 20 characters incl. spaces, hyphens etc.).
  • Creature description (100 word limit). Creativity, relation to Calypso story and novelty elements will be taken into account when judging.
  • 10 creature maturity names reflecting difficulty levels e.g. young, mature, elite etc. (max. 15 characters).
  • Suggested stats and parameters for creature based on current creature characteristics on Planet Calypso. Final balancing decisions of the creature will be made by MindArk.

Other Details

Entries will be judged on creativity and presentation and 1 winning entry will be chosen. The winning entry will be modeled and animated by First Planet Company artists and introduced during the Second Golden Age of Calypso which will begin at the release of the CryENGINE update later this year, and continue for several version updates afterwards.

By submitting an entry, entrants expressly assign all rights to copyrights, patents and other proprietary rights for the work to First Planet Company AB.

Closing Date & Prizes

The closing date for submissions is June 1st 2009. The winner will be announced shortly afterwards. As well as introducing the winning creature to Calypso, the winner will also receive a Calypso Survival Kit consisting of an Adjusted Hedoc SK-80 Unlimited and an Isis LR53 (L) Improved. The avatar name of the winning entry will also be included in the description.

Judges decisions will be final.

Originally Posted Here

{Info added to opening post}

Can't Wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
yay sw33t :) I will, ofc, participate :D

whee... nice one

The mr-joey Cat is comming :D

Very cool, gonna have to ponder about this one during easter... :) I wouldnt mind that FAB!

If only I had the design skills, I would enter in a heartbeat, good luck to all those that enter ;)

*grins*

This should be fun...

EDIT: By the way, we're allowed more than one entry right?

Last edited:
This sounded SO cool... until I got to THIS PART: "By submitting an entry, entrants expressly assign all rights to copyrights, patents and other proprietary rights for the work to First Planet Company AB."

:eek:

Erm... NO!!! I might SELL you my design, or even LEASE it to you... but to work hard on it and then just GIVE it to you? I think not!

Y'all have fun with this. I'll just look for more things to mine...

Wow unL Adjusted Sk-80, that's one hell of a fap I'd love to own...

subscribed .. :D

Cool :)

Nice prize but seems like a bit of an odd choice. How many people can use that fap? Still, if you can't, I'm sure you can sell it to someone who can for a nice price.

I have approximately zero design skills but I might give this a shot just for a bit of fun.

Subscribed :)

Time to get the crayons out...

Woohoo ! Subscribing :p

Time to draw around , think of a name, then make my sister draw it again :p

CLAM! NEED YOU!

:)

Hurrikane

(oh yes, can we have more than one entry I also wonder?)

Nice!

I guess I could use one of the creatures I started developing during the short time I was part of a planet partner team...

Or several depending upon if one is allowed to hand in several entries.

Time to get my drawing stuff and put my knowledge to practice may the best design be chosen. And to the one who is not willing to give away a design, but getting a name inside/outside eu, your name is in the discription of the mob and an UL Hedoc ained bad. But as a participant of the competition I hope more people are not willing to give away there design the more change for me ;).

I hope more entry's are possible got to manny ideas :)

greetings,

alius ally micnolius

Straight from Frank at the chat: More than one entry is OK:)

Hurrikane

great idea MA :wtg:

Gotta catch em all!

No pokemon allowed!

Well we know for sure now that CE2 will not come till after june 1st.

"The winning entry will be modeled and animated by First Planet Company artists and introduced during the Second Golden Age of Calypso which will begin at the release of the CryENGINE update later this year,The closing date for submissions is June 1st 2009. "

Very nice competition! No land areas or mega uber uniques items needed for a decent price either, this is great :)

looking forward to this :D

This sounded SO cool... until I got to THIS PART: "By submitting an entry, entrants expressly assign all rights to copyrights, patents and other proprietary rights for the work to First Planet Company AB."

ROFL, nice one MA. 100s of free ideas and you only have to give credit for 1:laugh:

Great idea for a competition!

A plea though.....

PLEASE dont give the name of it starting with an 'A'

We already have:

Aetherex
Allophyl
Ambulimax
Araneatrox
Argonaut
Armax
Atrax
Atrox
Attacker
Aurli

also we have 3 types of "Corn"..... :D

I'll get my felt tip pens out.

Great idea for a competition!

A plea though.....

PLEASE dont give the name of it starting with an 'A'

We already have:

Aetherex
Allophyl
Ambulimax
Araneatrox
Argonaut
Armax
Atrax
Atrox
Attacker
Aurli

also we have 3 types of "Corn"..... :D

But my mob's called an Acorn. :confused:

Actually, was going to go with Acorntrox, but... ;)

My submission....Honestly, who would not want to spend hours and hours killing this?...its an instant hit amoung Entropians....:cool:

barney.jpg

My submission....Honestly, who would not want to spend hours and hours killing this?...its an instant hit amoung Entropians....:cool:

barney.jpg

Bring on the Barney Guardians!:)

Hurrikane

Time to blow the dust off my old pencils and bring back my good old drawings for inspiration! =)

All ur Adjusted Hedoks are belong to me!:p

Nice event and GL everyone!:wtg:

Looks like fun! I'm in!

I have allready a mob:​

Marco
cre_pvp_noob-0695e64b_sml.jpg

Mob Levels:
1. Noob Salesman
2. Mature Salesman
3. Salesman
4. Senior Salesperson
5. Minor Pusher
6. Pusher
7. Professional Pusher
8. Dealer
9. FCP Agent
10. CEO

Loots: Vehicles, MF Updates, Beer, Cashcards, Taiming updates .....

:laugh:

Back