Create a Critter Competition

nice competition, i may give this a go, will have to get some crayons maybe )

Cool.:yay:

I've had an idea for some time for a new mob - great idea, and look at the prizes. :)

Hmm yeah now I read it again that copyright clause is pretty heavy.

Surely MA only need the copyright for the winning mob, not from every entry.

I reckon my submission would be looking something like this...

teletubbies_lead_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg

...and ofc I would win and be the most hated creature designer ingame! :yay:

...however I reckon u won´t be needing a sk-80 fap to heal up from my version of Tinky Winky's nasty handbag attacks though...a good ol' happy slap will do just fine, to set the little critter...straight... :laugh:

Make a model of your fave EU critter or item!

Here's a software thing that supposedly will make a model of just about anything you want, using 3D data files. It's talked about lately on another game's forum regarding making detailed models of the ingame ships. I haven't used it so I can't vouch for it. They say it's kinda time consuming though. From what I've seen, it'll make a really detailed model of anything you want: guns, critters, armor ( it might be able to go life sized on the armor!), etc.

Anyways, It's called "Pepakura"

Here it is if you want to check it out:

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

Now, this gives me an idea.

I will not say what, but I will work on it.

:)

I reckon my submission would be looking something like this...

teletubbies_lead_wideweb__470x329,0.jpg

...and ofc I would win and be the most hated creature designer ingame! :yay:

Hated? I would love to shoot them.

Server Hamster, anyone? It'd have really high health due to all that exercise making it super healthy, and moves very quickly, but as it tires quickly, it would do weak damage :laugh:

Yes i know i can't draw, but gave it a go:ahh: and its not a real entry :rolleyes:

Server Hamster, anyone? It'd have really high health due to all that exercise making it super healthy, and moves very quickly, but as it tires quickly, it would do weak damage :laugh:

Yes i know i can't draw, but gave it a go:ahh: and its not a real entry :rolleyes:

hehe nice hamster verry scarry but how does it run the hamster has his foots in 2 different ways maybe the new letomie ;)?

Really that drawing ained that bad and it is also the idea of the mob that counts.

FPC can't expect only proffesional drawings from crowd sourcing and if they are smart (and they are) they will look at the idea and not at the quality of the drawing.

hehe nice hamster verry scarry but how does it run the hamster has his foots in 2 different ways maybe the new letomie ;)?

Really that drawing ained that bad and it is also the idea of the mob that counts.

FPC can't expect only proffesional drawings from crowd sourcing and if they are smart (and they are) they will look at the idea and not at the quality of the drawing.

True, they will probably focus on the concept rather than the quality of the drawing, but even then the concept would need to be put across clearly so the drawing needs to be half decent.
I would have spent a lot more time on the drawing if I was going to submit it as an actual idea, rather than just messing around, but even still; i hadn't noticed the foot originally :ahh:; if i can be bothered I might redraw it later :silly2:

My new mob is invisible, so no need for time-consuming drawings at all:)

Hurrikane

Adjusted Hedoc SK-80 Unlimited and an Isis LR53 (L) Improved. The avatar name of the winning entry will also be included in the description.

well the gun is worth something I guess lol

adj 80 hardly gets my pulse racing :)

well the gun is worth something I guess lol

adj 80 hardly gets my pulse racing :)

It does mine, but then I don't have Level 521 Paramedic like you :D

My new mob is invisible, so no need for time-consuming drawings at all:)

Hurrikane

We already have those! I was definitely killed by one once ;)

Wistrel

For once this is a no skills event...you could win it with one day ingame I mean by that, whih is nice.

I can't draw, but I know peeps who can and they are usually keen to practice and show off so that's not a biggie.

How much do we moan about new mobs and us not being involved as much as we would like....and now we get a go to prove we can do better..that's good isn't it?

I'm off down my local primary school to ask them to show me some imagination I think, pure little minds full of imagination could cream this ..if they aren't too busy watching online pron :rolleyes: .

GL to all, this is going to be hilarious if we take it as fun and a chance to enter EU history.

t

Time to start designing the Douchebag. Which one of you wants to model for it?

haha this is going to be funny some of the mobs in this...

maybe a shrapnel-mob will appear, so that eMine armor will have a use :laugh:

This reminds me of 1985, when Mattel did the "Create your He-Man figurine" contest :p

More a Question for MA/FPC here:

Had a discussion with my housemate re the idea of creating mobs with 'interesting' stats. By interesting I mean we can specify potentially hidden stats.

The example we came up with was a mob that mostly does small damage but also has a "lethal attack" that will suddenly kill you in one blow which is effectively a critical hit.

Given we can can have different percentage chances of dealing criticals with different weapons based on skills I presume all mobs maybe have a "hidden stat" detailing their chance of doing a critical???

The question is, could we specify this kind of information in our mob design?

I guess regarding criticals they are based off max damage anyhow so the general model is too inflexible to have a mob for example that only does 15 damage normally but 50 on a critical right?

One thing MA might want to consider is providing some stat guidelines maybe? Doesn't have to be too complex, perhapse just some comments on what sort of damage ranges are considered suitable for new players, semi new, low mid, mid, high mid and so forth. I'm guessing they have such guidelines written up somewhere for their own balancing purposes anyhow maybe?

Just a thought really. I think it just might save MA some time at the end if players can at least get their proposed stats ball park right rather than totally outta wack.

Wistrel

One more question for MA

Are there any kind of vague guidelines on "complexity" we need to follow?

To give an idea of that I'm talking about, we know that the old mobs were sort of lacking in polygons but don't know much about the restrictions of cryengine (at least MA's implementation of it).

For example, would a centipede be out of the question? ie nice idea but absolutely impossible to put into the game without causing mega lag (or some other problem) or perhapse being too hard to animate?

Any thoughts on this sort of thing?

Tar

Wistrel

I will provide MA with 6 different mob designs, each of different difficulty level.

(I was working on some ideas about this anyways but it wasn't really a priority and I had more serious projects plus studies to do irl. :) )

Unless MA would wish to use some of the concepts later as well, I will post the images after the contest for everybody to see.

Cool :)

Nice prize but seems like a bit of an odd choice. How many people can use that fap? Still, if you can't, I'm sure you can sell it to someone who can for a nice price.

I have approximately zero design skills but I might give this a shot just for a bit of fun.

I can't use the fap yet, but I sure as heck would skill up for it! :D

Now this sounds intresting :wtg:

I'll give this a go, could use that fap ;)

This reminds me of 1985, when Mattel did the "Create your He-Man figurine" contest :p

They were gonna put the winner as the highest level boyfriend in Barbie Planet, right?

IMHO, it looks like they are open to suggestions, and acceptive of creativity. They are thinking outside the box, and guess who's out there? Us.
So, I'm gaming a lot of concepts in my mind, I actually think the properties of the creature are more important than the appearance. Thats how I will approach this.
One more question for MA

Are there any kind of vague guidelines on "complexity" we need to follow?

To give an idea of that I'm talking about, we know that the old mobs were sort of lacking in polygons but don't know much about the restrictions of cryengine (at least MA's implementation of it).

For example, would a centipede be out of the question? ie nice idea but absolutely impossible to put into the game without causing mega lag (or some other problem) or perhapse being too hard to animate?

Any thoughts on this sort of thing?

Tar

Wistrel

Back