Deposit Fees

Miccey

Dominant
Society
Swedish Warrior
Mikae Miccey Diamond
How much in % is the fee..

Lets say i dep 65$..How much would the fee be?
It would be 650 Peds with out fee, but there is
a dep fee, right?

Its "exchange rate" not fee ;)

For 65$ you'd get 627.30 Ped (9.651 exchange rate)

Its "exchange rate" not fee ;)

For 65$ you'd get 627.30 Ped (9.651 exchange rate)

No, it is a fee , the exchange rate is fixed at 10 to 1.

The different deposit methods then have different fees layered on them. In fact this is an area that I think MA could make big improvements on for little overall work. They don't seem to think it matters, but I think people seeing their money `disappear' before they even start to play has negative effects. I think they could get the same effect by having the fees backloaded instead of frontloaded, in terms of passing the costs on, with less of a negative psychological effect to the players.

No, it is a fee , the exchange rate is fixed at 10 to 1.

Except when you actually go into the deposit window it says "exchange rate".

Ive always thought its a bank fee aswell, but they've actually named it exchange rate (I think they changed it when the deposit window changed?) now. I suppose the exchange rate is really just 10-1 with built in bank fee's.

But its still called "exchange rate" ;)

Ok ill ask it in another way:

How much PED would I get if i deposit 65$, after fees, tax or
WHATEVER...???

but that is because you are not buying in dollars correct? In you are not then there are two things, the fees, and the exchange rate of your rl curriency, which is not MA controlled and has nothing directly to do with the game.

WHATEVER...???

Wipe your glasses, man!

There's 13 words in my first post, and 9 of them is explaining how much bang for the buck you'd get.

but that is because you are not buying in dollars correct? In you are not then there are two things, the fees, and the exchange rate of your rl curriency, which is not MA controlled and has nothing directly to do with the game.

No Im buying in dollars. There's only one option, and that is USD.

It may be that the fee Im getting is the NOK->USD->PED transaction, but in that case Id get even less peds for my money then say a US citizen, and I doubt thats how it works tbh... And in that case, a exchange rate of 9.5 wouldnt make sense.

(just checked my bank, right now USD->NOK is at 6.65)

WHATEVER...???

In order to answer that we would need to know as a start, what you deposit method is, and what your starting rl currency is etc.

This is part of why I say MA would be much better off backloading these fees, not frontloading.

Well... deposit 1000$ and do an acount transfert. No fee.

Wipe your glasses, man!

There's 13 words in my first post, and 9 of them is explaining how much bang for the buck you'd get.

Except that is true only for one deposit method you are looking at in game right now... it is different for example if you are using the UltimateGamer card, probably different for the Ukash, and different depending on what rl currency you are billed in, the terms of your credit card, etc etc.... as I said this area need improvements, that MA could do if they cared .. like making sure purchases are not coded as cash advances, setting up a multi currency account themselves etc.

So roughly 627 PED to play with..
Right

Except when you actually go into the deposit window it says "exchange rate".

Ive always thought its a bank fee aswell, but they've actually named it exchange rate (I think they changed it when the deposit window changed?) now. I suppose the exchange rate is really just 10-1 with built in bank fee's.

But its still called "exchange rate" ;)

No, or at least it shouldn't be. I don't use the ingame deposit screen, so I can't see it, but if they call it this, it is an error, so someone should post it in bugs for them to fix.

As for the question, if their is an answer... fees and such are discussed here.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/support-faq/deposits-and-withdrawals/deposit-faq/

Except that is true only for one deposit method you are looking at in game right now... it is different for example if you are using the UltimateGamer card, probably different for the Ukash, and different depending on what rl currency you are billed in, the terms of your credit card, etc etc.... as I said this area need improvements, that MA could do if they cared .. like making sure purchases are not coded as cash advances, setting up a multi currency account themselves etc.

Well MindArk is afaik working on it with the MindBank?

The answer I gave him was with a regular Visa, which I assume is the most common way of depositing. He wanted a clear-cut answer and thats what I gave him.

Unless he buys ukash, in which case he should have specified.

No, or at least it shouldn't be. I don't use the ingame deposit screen, so I can't see it, but if they call it this, it is an error, so someone should post it in bugs for them to fix.

So first Im wrong, unless Im right, in which case MindArk is wrong. :D

Skam is correct

Wipe your glasses, man!

No Im buying in dollars. There's only one option, and that is USD.

It may be that the fee Im getting is the NOK->USD->PED transaction, but in that case Id get even less peds for my money then say a US citizen, and I doubt thats how it works tbh... And in that case, a exchange rate of 9.5 wouldnt make sense.

(just checked my bank, right now USD->NOK is at 6.65)

Right you are buying dollars, but buying in/from a different rl curriency... which has different rates of exchange for different curriencies and times.

Regardless of what is says in the game, the finance industry has set understood terms for these, which MA should match.

The answer I gave him was with a regular Visa, which I assume is the most common way of depositing. He wanted a clear-cut answer and thats what I gave him.

Correct sort of.... I am sure it is not the first or last time MA will be wrong.

I hope so, (Re: the bank)

and MindArk is wrong in at least one place anyway....

On the web site they have

PED

The Entropia Universe currency, the PED, has a fixed exchange rate of 10:1 with the US Dollar. 10 PED = 1 US$.

So either the ped is a fixed rate (pegged) exchange rate currency or it is not.
One of the two is wrong, and I tend to believe the one that says it is pegged for various reasons.

Rotrap.
This is how it goes:

USD => PED
First you deposit, via Visa, say 65$.
You get peds in an exchange rate of 9.651 (This is probably because of transaction fees.)
You get 627 ped to play with ingame.

Then, on your bank:
<Your Currency> => USD
For me the currency would be NOK, so Id pay 429 NOK for 65$.
This exchange happens on my account, my bank's side -not on MindArk's side.

The 10-1 is correct without the transaction fees, which MindArk doesn't take, its the payment provider.
That "exchange rate" is the same (with Visa) if you are in US or any other country in the world.

So either the ped is a fixed rate (pegged) exchange rate currency or it is not.
One of the two is wrong, and I tend to believe the one that says it is pegged for various reasons.

the exchange rate is $10:1Ped. if you do a bank transfer in $ thats what you receive. however if you do a CC transfer theres a 3.5% fee involved, and rather confusingly they put "exchange rate" of 9.65 on the screen when you do this. Dont know what happens with Ukash, i think you pay the fee when buying the voucher so you get 10:1 when you actually deposit to EU (no one seems to have ever confirm the fees with UKash, but they must make their money somwhere)

I pay with UKash in GBP
When I depo I get a conversion rate and then a fee which is deducted from my total before it goes on to my Ped Card.

It is the cheapest way to depo other than bank transfer.

Tasha

I dont know why i went thru all the thread cause its annoying :mad:

Respect to Skam on having tough nerves.

The fee is giveortake 4% of the deposit amount. Youll get 4% less then what u paid for.

Plz dont complicate... not like ull buy 1000000 USD worth of ped - ull buy 50
What? Ull lack some bubblegum money if they take away one more USD as fee or what.

I.

P.S.

No offence. Its hot and very dull day at office.

I dont know why i went thru all the thread cause its annoying :mad:

Respect to Skam on having tough nerves.

The fee is giveortake 4% of the deposit amount. Youll get 4% less then what u paid for.

Plz dont complicate... not like ull buy 1000000 USD worth of ped - ull buy 50
What? Ull lack some bubblegum money if they take away one more USD as fee or what.

I.

P.S.

No offence. Its hot and very dull day at office.

Interesting that you find it annoying.... it is however a very important fact if the exchange rate to peds is fixed or not. It also is important if the deposit friction costs are fees are not, for me at least, fees are tax deductible, exchange rates are not.

Not sure why you say respect to Skam, when it was her incorrect correcting of a term that started it off... ah well.

BTW, this is also a game where people will haggle over a fraction of a percent of the MU of items.... the fees going in matter a lot more then this.

I pay with UKash in GBP
When I depo I get a conversion rate and then a fee which is deducted from my total before it goes on to my Ped Card.

can you tell us what the conversion rate is like and what the fee is? what do you get in ped for say £100?

The conversion rate is whatever the current GBP-USD rate is at the time *10
the fee is 2.5% of the ped total after conversion.

Tasha

Interesting that you find it annoying.... it is however a very important fact if the exchange rate to peds is fixed or not. It also is important if the deposit friction costs are fees are not, for me at least, fees are tax deductible, exchange rates are not.

Not sure why you say respect to Skam, when it was her incorrect correcting of a term that started it off... ah well.

BTW, this is also a game where people will haggle over a fraction of a percent of the MU of items.... the fees going in matter a lot more then this.

In that case - its EXCHANGE RATE. 1:9.xxx NOT 1:10 - FEES

Because Im sure they will not express the credit card / ukash / anyothercash fee explicitly to the customer - basically every CC contracts starts with "You will not transfer credit card fees to the customer".

Which doesnt mean they will not charge you those.
As of your bank exchange (yen, aud, eur, nok, coconuts vs USD) - has nothing to do with EU, MA, CC franchise or nothing and can be moved to offtopic conversation ;)

Hope now i helped a bit.

I.

In that case - its EXCHANGE RATE. 1:9.xxx NOT 1:10 - FEES

Because Im sure they will not express the credit card / ukash / anyothercash fee explicitly to the customer - basically every CC contracts starts with "You will not transfer credit card fees to the customer".

With a UKash deposit you are told what the fee is before you confirm the transfer.

Tasha

Back