Deposit Fees

Not sure why you say respect to Skam, when it was her incorrect correcting of a term that started it off... ah well.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

In that case - its EXCHANGE RATE. 1:9.xxx NOT 1:10 - FEES

Because Im sure they will not express the credit card / ukash / anyothercash fee explicitly to the customer - basically every CC contracts starts with "You will not transfer credit card fees to the customer".

Which doesnt mean they will not charge you those.
As of your bank exchange (yen, aud, eur, nok, coconuts vs USD) - has nothing to do with EU, MA, CC franchise or nothing and can be moved to offtopic conversation ;)

Hope now i helped a bit.

I.

No, it is fees as long as they do not have a floating exchange rate, and proclaim the exchange rate to be pegged to the us dollar at 10:1.

Yes, for purchases. Also, why you see some places give cash discounts and not charge a credit card surcharge. However, this is also probably part of the reason MA seems to code these as cash transactions and not purchases.

As I said earlier, MA really should change all this and make all the friction costs backended.

They show the fees pretty clearly with ultimategamer card, I would guess they do so with almost all of the except for cc.

Last edited:
Banktransfer is nice,

But IDeal is even better as its instant and not a minimum of 100 usd, same rates as banktransfer though :)

Many have said this before but I say it again.

Sure, perhaps it's important to know the fee. But if you don't want any fee stick to the bank wire transfer. I don't like paying fees so I use bank wire transferr.

If you use bank wire transfer you don't have to care about the fee (or what they are) because there is non (if you bank don't have a administration fee). And if there is an extra cost you will know that its a bank administration fee.

A small guide from a support case.

2009-05-20 11:00 Entropia Universe Support:

"You can start a bank wire transfer to deposit under the “Deposit” section at Planet Calypso's website or at the ‘EU Transfer Center’ button (Ð) in the ‘Action Library’. However, the smallest amount to transfer with this method is 100 USD. Please click on “Bank office”. In this area, fill in the amount and the currency that you want to deposit. If you use another currency than USD for your deposit, we recommend you to use the exchange rate from the European Central Bank to do the conversion. Click on “Continue” and you will be transferred to the Bank Deposit Information where the bank account details and the deposit key is displayed. You will receive an email with this information too. It can take up to 4 bank days to commit a deposit and this depends on the time that takes of your bank to send the notification.

If you have an online bank, please add the deposit key in the message to the receiver of the bank wire transfer. Please note that MindArk does not impose any administration fee but your bank might have additional fees for the transference."

Vi önskar dig en bra dag i Entropia Universe
Med vänliga hälsningar,
Entropia Universe Support

The conversion rate is whatever the current GBP-USD rate is at the time *10
the fee is 2.5% of the ped total after conversion.
Tasha

whats the Ukash exchange rate like? do you know what it was last time you used and what the spot price was for $:£. (CC give notoriously poor exchange rate, with 1% less i might well change to Ukash)

Because Im sure they will not express the credit card / ukash / anyothercash fee explicitly to the customer - basically every CC contracts starts with "You will not transfer credit card fees to the customer".

often see websites, businesses, restraunts and occasionally shops that state a fee for using CC, though usually called a "surcharge". MA have probably called it "exchange rate" to avoid confusion, but caused it anyway.

Many have said this before but I say it again.

Sure, perhaps it's important to know the fee. But if you don't want any fee stick to the bank wire transfer. I don't like paying fees so I use bank wire transferr.

If you use bank wire transfer you don't have to care about the fee (or what they are) because there is non (if you bank don't have a administration fee). And if there is an extra cost you will know that its a bank administration fee.

Thats interesting to know .... for me me at least all the banks in my area charge very high fees for wire transfers, have heard that is not the cast in all parts of the world though. Hopefully someday that will be the case here as well.

Yea my bad, 100$ is enough for bank transfer. They will give u a paper by mail. It is the instructions u can give to ur banker to proceed.

Dont forget to buy a gold card and increasing ur deposit amount on ur acount in case u wanna depo larges sumns.

The exchange rate when useing Ukash is usually very accurate but can sometimes lag abit behind forex quotes. I think this is because MA might use the closeing price on the day before.

UKash is cheaper than CC to depo and was the cheapest except for Bank transfer.

Last edited:
For the bank transfert to MA bank, if u live in an European country (assimiled by Europe) there is absolutely no bank fee for this transfer.

Banktransfer is nice,

But IDeal is even better as its instant and not a minimum of 100 usd, same rates as banktransfer though :)

Could you give a link to this IDeal you are talking about so i can check it out.

Tasha

To be clear, an "exchange rate" of 9.651 is still referenced when depositing in USD from the U.S.

It's not an exchange rate though - it's a credit card processing fee. Aridash got it right.

To quote 711 from another thread:
The 3.5% credit card deposit fee is a very standard fee for internet transactions, and is imposed by the company who processes credit card transactions for MindArk (DIBS).

MA needs to replace the phrase "exchange rate" with "processing fee" to dispel the confusion...

As stated before, there is no fee to do a bank transfer...

Could you give a link to this IDeal you are talking about so i can check it out.

Tasha

IDEAL is a Dutch service that only works for customers of Dutch banks, it is a direct bank-to-bank transfer, so the money goes directly from the customer to the merchant, just like paying cash in a store etc.

IDEAL website

Apparantly non of you deposited lately. You receive now an eMail confirmation with the following details. Fees and else can be seen cleary...

eMail upon Deposit said:
Your deposit into your Entropia Universe account was successful. It has been registered with the following details:

Deposit ID: XYZFHJD
Transaction Date 2009-MM-DD HH:MM:S
Payment Method: Dibs
Real Amount: 30.00 USD
Deposit Fee: 1.05 USD

PED: 289.50 PED

Dibs = Creditcard Service. Since I live in Germany my Creditcard gets charged in USD and my card provider charges exchange rate fee on that too, but thats independent of what MA/FPC charges.

Same eMail you get with paysafecard.

Hope that helps.

Back