Question: Do you like the new "New Posts" button?

Do you like the New Posts button? Y/N

• I want to see trading posts in New Posts

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • I don't want to see trading posts in New Posts

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Status

bettlejus

Stalker
Society
ROUA
Joan Xperia Dárc
As 711 said, the New Posts button doesn't bring threads from the trading section

One guy ( that must be shot down) was complaining because he sees only selling threads, now I'm sure 711 didn't made the final decision based on that guy post but nevertheless this new "feature" totally ruins my experience

I only use New Posts button when reading this forum and I do like to see what other people are selling/buying from time to time. I don't want to go to the Trading section for that and in my opinion 711 should have made a poll for this, after all, this forum is for people and trying to improve it means trying to make better for the general advice not just 1-2 people

So, make your vote, do you like the new New Posts button or the old one?

FFS, this has totally messed things up.

I want to see ALL new posts not just the posts that some people think I should see.

I agree with slither.

Please bring back all posts when I click "New Posts button"

I want to see all new Posts... but would like to have other Options too... like: New last 48 hours, New Last week, News in Trading section, News in all other sections (without trading).

I want to see all new Posts... but would like to have other Options too... like: New last 48 hours, New Last week, News in Trading section, News in all other sections (without trading).

Don't go over the hedge now:) Just like it was is perfect:)

Would like to see all new posts, not "some new posts". For all that i care they could remove the offtopic threads from the new posts, as it is Planet Calypso forum after all(not some humor site)...

If you want to fight against selling threads filling up new posts you should set a limit of one active sales thread per person(i see some have 8-9)

i like it, i think it encourages real discussion and engages the community more

if i want to see what is for sale then i just go to the sales forums, 2 clicks away, or if i want to save the trouble, just bookmark it

I think it is a great idea short term. Would like it if there was a trading section link on the top of the forum home page though. Would help promote the trading still and keep the trading off the new posts.

All I know is there is no lag now on forum. All the people trying to sort through the trading threads mixed in with the new threads might have been putting too much traffic load on the sites server.

Only 2 pages to check now so lot less time on forum and more time in game. :)

So I advertise my shop and no one sees it? That's really not very useful.

Before all of you go haters on Neomaven, Im sure he was given some instructions from MA, its afterall their forum, he just continued to maintain it.

Before all of you go haters on Neomaven, Im sure he was given some instructions from MA, its afterall their forum, he just continued to maintain it.

As you're not the only one who seems to hold this impression:

711 has specifically said:
As the full terms of the original agreement were not fulfilled by SDS (inherited when SDS acquired FPC), transfer of ownership of the PlanetCalypsoForum website and database was never finalized and remains with me.

If you want to fight against selling threads filling up new posts you should set a limit of one active sales thread per person(i see some have 8-9)

Agreed, but after all why Planet Calypso Forum should be the global market place at the first place? But as Kimmi said Planet Calypso team might have demanded this change, as newcomers' point of view this forum might not seem so useful.

Wasn't there a thread before asking for this? and most replies were in favour of it?

Now when we do get it, no one seems to want it :laugh:

on the one hand, a screen full of selling threads for 4-5 pages doesnt look too good for the game. on the other hand 20 threads updated overnight for the games primary forum doesnt look good either.

Wasn't there a thread before asking for this? and most replies were in favour of it?

Now when we do get it, no one seems to want it :laugh:

I didn't reply to that thread 'cause it was just another whiner not happy with what they had, why should I have to argue with a whiner to keep things the same? If 711 had put up an official post asking for opinions I would have.

MA have done the same thing with loot. They look at these whining posts and assume that people aren't happy, but most those who are happy with the current situation just ignore the whiners, and therefore get fucked 'cause they weren't jumping up and down shouting 'keep things the same'.

I'd like it if it worked, I still get the buying and selling posts.

I can live with that change.
I think that second button, for only trading new posts, should be added.
This way all will be happy.

Perfection:
- Button1 'All new posts'
- Button2 'New non-trade posts'

Why not:

Button 1 = New posts
Button 2 = New trading posts

? :)

There is a button for BOTH options.

If you're logged in and click on the the 'New Posts' on the dark grey bar, you'll get the old version
(=including the trade threads).

The only thing that changed is that you have to click the button on the bar below the old button.

Ah not true; other thing that changed is that now both sides have a choice.
bubble_bobble_blue_push.gif

Isn't this what could be called 'a perfect solution'?

too late Kimmi, too late :mad:

this sucks...i need to keep an eye on the markets,how the else fuck do i know what to hunt :scratch2:

this sucks...i need to keep an eye on the markets,how the else fuck do i know what to hunt :scratch2:

Many ignores the fact that buying/selling is the single most important part of this game and want the threads removed. It's like you say that if you don't know the market you lack knowledge to decide what to hunt/craft/mine. Afterall this might be good for the ones that continue to follow the trading section as the others will have a loss of not having a clue to what goes on ;)

Lol. I just noticed that services and pricecheck are also removed. What a epic fail :p

Ok, mass buying/selling threads are excluded. But why are pricechecks, shops and service threads excluded? For those sections, it is vital for people to see them w/o searching!

In a real cash economy the market section has a big role of course and imo should be included. Quite evident what most users want as well by looking at the poll of this thread.

However by clicking 'Forum' instead of 'New posts' in the top menu you'll get a sub-menu below with another 'New posts' link. That one includes the trading section. Involves an extra click and page load but it's a workaround until we see what happens.

There is a button for BOTH options.

If you're logged in and click on the the 'New Posts' on the dark grey bar, you'll get the old version
(=including the trade threads).

The only thing that changed is that you have to click the button on the bar below the old button.

Ah not true; other thing that changed is that now both sides have a choice.
bubble_bobble_blue_push.gif

Isn't this what could be called 'a perfect solution'?

Ah yes I see it now and it works. So we already have both options available.

I didn't reply to that thread 'cause it was just another whiner not happy with what they had, why should I have to argue with a whiner to keep things the same? If 711 had put up an official post asking for opinions I would have.

MA have done the same thing with loot. They look at these whining posts and assume that people aren't happy, but most those who are happy with the current situation just ignore the whiners, and therefore get fucked 'cause they weren't jumping up and down shouting 'keep things the same'.

Lol. I just noticed that services and pricecheck are also removed. What a epic fail :p

Ok, mass buying/selling threads are excluded. But why are pricechecks, shops and service threads excluded? For those sections, it is vital for people to see them w/o searching!

Highly agree with these.

omg, probably the single best post ever written, take note everyone :wise:

Status
Back