Question: Do you like the new "New Posts" button?

Do you like the New Posts button? Y/N

• I want to see trading posts in New Posts

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • I don't want to see trading posts in New Posts

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters
Status
I see some people are panicking making such a drama about this as if trading subforum was completely removed....

1. you could always go to trading subforum and it's sections to see all those trading posts
2. what May described works indeed so there is no problem at all...

There is a button for BOTH options.

If you're logged in and click on the the 'New Posts' on the dark grey bar, you'll get the old version
(=including the trade threads).

The only thing that changed is that you have to click the button on the bar below the old button.

Ah not true; other thing that changed is that now both sides have a choice.
bubble_bobble_blue_push.gif

Isn't this what could be called 'a perfect solution'?

Ok, everything is fine move along :)

There is a button for BOTH options.

If you're logged in and click on the the 'New Posts' on the dark grey bar, you'll get the old version
(=including the trade threads).

The only thing that changed is that you have to click the button on the bar below the old button.

Ah not true; other thing that changed is that now both sides have a choice.
bubble_bobble_blue_push.gif

Isn't this what could be called 'a perfect solution'?

yes perfect... now that I know. thx!

One guy ( that must be shot down) was complaining because he sees only selling threads, now I'm sure 711 didn't made the final decision based on that guy post but nevertheless this new "feature" totally ruins my experience

Firstly, I made that tread to say that the only thing that remained from the once active and sharing community of EF are the trading posts. Neo just misintrepreted my message to address what he thought would be a solution.

The only thing it is going to do is showing the emptyness just more; like the new EF site.
But actually, if I start to think about it; it is not the forum; it is the community that died. From cryengine dividing them, to planetpartners snooping away key community members to their own fora, to employing a key member to too strict moderation of some.

I do not dislike buying and selling threads; I like to look at them myself. And would you before you start shooting people actually read the two posts in that thread (both before 711 made his remark) by me.
Also not that by the time you joined the forum it already started to failing apart I guess. I'm sorry you didn't knew the times we had lot's of fun on forum; when people actually did experiments and shared their results with the community. things like "doing a vedder" to "sweat to a hangar", to flaming threaths about soc wars and pvp to Skams bunny fetish. Times with the HOF section was filled with people proud of finding good loots and claims, people dreaming of skilling up. People quickly making a thread about some funny ingame event like wormwholes to the rig or stacking people at troy.

Regards,
Acronoid

The dark-grey bar does not show on every page I load up, even when logged in, but several of the options have drop-down bars, so it would be easy to select which type of new posts you'd like if given the opportunity.

I don't want to see sales etc on my first look through, but would like to be able to select those threads specifically sometimes too. Can we have that option maybe please?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nttype=vBForum_Post&exclude=42,43,44,50,64,88

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

I guess this third option would be excluding all except 42,43,44..... etc
and I'm guessing people can bookmark whatever they want anyway...... no need for massive unrest....

Wasn't there a thread before asking for this? and most replies were in favour of it?

Now when we do get it, no one seems to want it :laugh:

Lesson to be learned: a vocal part of the public demanding some change is most likely a vocal minority. (It works this way IRL, too.)

Status
Back