Do you think some average active players are devalued compared to the less active players? (plz read the post first)

Do you think some average active players are devalued compared to the less active players?

• Yes.

Votes: 130 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 143 40.9%
  • I don´t care.

Votes: 77 22.0%

• Total voters

Fanan

Stalker
Fanan Head Shot
Sometimes I see people who were absent from game for a few nice months, sometimes for a year or more, (at least without globals according to the ET) to return and take realy nice big HOF's. Clear the fact that to not showing globals does not mean they are inactive, they may have been doing trade, sweat or just cycling very low amount of peds.

Of course even low runs should produce a global time to time, I'd say one global every month atleast (excluding the fact that the guy just hunt sabakumas lol).

The point I want to get is: MA seems to promote (by giving big loots) the players that are inactive (acording to ET not cycling PEDs daily) for a long period of time.

By one hand we all know MA works like a real bank and that means that the investments take time until produce profit, but on other hand the medium players that cycle peds every day, and that keeps this game/community alive, seem to be left aside.

I see this as a gift to try to catch the player again and I believe that PEDs in this cases won´t last long, unless they withdraw it. Yet this continues to be very unfair, when you see players with a hundred or more of globals without even a 400 PED HOF.

Therefore:

Do you think some average active players are devalued compared to the less active players?

This is just my personal opnion.

Feel free to comment.

GL all!

See you all next year! :D

I believe in personal loot pools, where different amounts of losses are set to be returned in different amounts of time. A player who has been gone for extended periods has surpassed the required time to get most of or all of their scheduled return, so boom, big HoF.

Just my theory on why this happens :)

I believe in personal loot pools, where different amounts of losses are set to be returned in different amounts of time. A player who has been gone for extended periods has surpassed the required time to get most of or all of their scheduled return, so boom, big HoF.

I think this too. Most logical explanation I can think of, of someone quitting (making enough of a loss to do so) then coming back and getting a nice :dance:
on their return.

Personal loot theory does play a big part... since those that appear inactive a long time and suddenly are active likely did a deposit. That seems to make globals happen more.

I think this too. Most logical explanation I can think of, of someone quitting (making enough of a loss to do so) then coming back and getting a nice :dance:
on their return.

I will offer you an alternative theory - publication bias.

Ah, right, interest/dividends payments for their investments (deposits) over time.

Last edited:
What the others said:
People play, acumulate large amount of loses, say "fuck it all", go inactive, miss the gambling, return (with fresh deposit), the system "remembers" about their previous loses, fat HoF, jealous "average players", someone says "fuck it all", goes inactive, etc...

When you see it several hundreds of times it does not surprise you that much :D

Been away from game this from time to time for different reasons & it never paid up for me, no matter how big a deposit...
Think the boring answer is no, it's dynamic. (sry, will never mention that word ever again, it's a promise)

The point I want to get is: MA seems to promote (by giving big loots) the players that are inactive (acording to ET not cycling PEDs daily) for a long period of time.

all I can say is never happend to me

Wel everytime I made a deposite , loot will become extrem bad.

No point to play big , not even a little bit more than average... even you loot wel , it always is a pile of TT junks.

Every time I do a break, when I relog I hit big. Probably lucky mojo.

I play this game for 7,5 years now. These theories keep coming up even though they are complete bollocks. Loot is frickin' random. The only ways you can increase (not guarantee) your chances are by having more skills (being more efficient), using as eco tools as you can afoord and by playing alot (more loot moments), the rest is determined by luck.

That's all there is to it.

Sometimes I see people who were absent from game for a few nice months, sometimes for a year or more, (at least without globals according to the ET) to return and take realy nice big HOF's. Clear the fact that to not showing globals does not mean they are inactive, they may have been doing trade, sweat or just cycling very low amount of peds.

Before making any assumptions based on this you would have to check this fact. Just take a large enough sample of people having a break/returning and look how many of them indeed hit big.

my biggest HoFs happened when I was online every day, and I cycled PEDs every day.

After my long break (VU10 due to lack of good hardware!), Loot was as always. Bad ;)

So my simple answer is NO!

The more you play the more chance of a big HoF!

Well its dynamic, some people never hit a really big one, some hit them several times in short period.

The theory of big hit after break can be scrapped imo. One rarely notice or hear about the people who returned after a long break and not hit a big one, for obvious reasons. It's not like you go post on EF a week into your return that you didn't hit any big hof last week.

my biggest HoFs happened when I was online every day, and I cycled PEDs every day.

After my long break (VU10 due to lack of good hardware!), Loot was as always. Bad ;)

So my simple answer is NO!

The more you play the more chance of a big HoF!

Well its dynamic, some people never hit a really big one, some hit them several times in short period.
This; I've tried (more or less forced) this break/HOF theory and... it never worked for me.

I was gone for 6 months or so, I came back and in my first week I didn't global.

Coincidences are not fact without true evidence and statistics to back them up.

I do not think they are rewarded by MA when they come back.
But these types of HOF:s are very easy to spot compared with other
HOF:s. So they draw a lot of attention when they happen.

Regards Coach

Nice replys so far. I must say I agree with alote of opinions.

I also believe in personal loot pools. And my best loot was after ten crazy days on drones where I cycled about 18k PED during that time.

Of course these kind of HOFs are very easy to spot because to see a new ava (at least for me, at this moment around two years and half of play) getting the best loot of the day...

I never said they don´t deserve it because the ET is quite recent and it not reflect the all career of an old player.
My point is that this kind of time trigger can be very unfair, comparing the player that plays one or two weeks in a all year and the other player that cycle peds almost every day stimulating the economy.

Even if the loot is a random variable and in a long term we all get the same percentage back in relation to TT expenditure, (that I dont believe, some seem to have special treatment but that is another subject) would not be supposed that the player that cycle every day had more hypotheses to catch one of those big loot?

This is a game, it's supposed to be played, no?

imo the only thing is that there is 100% chance when someone gets a big after a break that he will post and say it to everyone: he wont say " after a long break i deposited 2'000$ and got a 10k peds just before beeing broke again" he will say "after a long break i hitted THIS".
For me it's all about visible events or not. as said by many, noone will go and post "wtf i did a 1 year break, now i play back for three days and i lost everything".
Beside that, there is no randomness or almost none, beside the "will i get blp or energy amno". It's rather the inverse : "there are mechanisms the players are not aware of" --> it looks like random because we cannot predict it, but not beeing able to predict an event does not make that event random at all, just a model story

I've seen a bunch of folks get a nice "welcome back" present after returning in game. :scratch2:

This; I've tried (more or less forced) this break/HOF theory and... it never worked for me.

Thats the difference: I never forced to get a HoF.

I do what brings me fun, and what I like to do atm.
I play straight on a budget, and if money is gone, I do something else that cost less money or even no money.

The big loots always happend when I didn´t expect anything, not a global at all.

If you got the right thinking about EU you will have a lot of fun!

My attitude is: every depsist is gone as soon it is deposited.
My deposits are mainly what I am willing to pay for fun!

Sometimes it last a little longer sometimes a little shorter, who cares?

Well I have been inactive for over a year and on my 2nd day back BOOM 14k hof on an unamped bomb, so I am giving you +rep and voting yes as you may have something with thie theory :)

No, in general MMORPGs reward active, social players with a big network. Because they keep other players ingame. The isolated active player has no special value, and hence doesn't a special treatment.
I claim that the above is true not only in gerenal but that EU is rewarding social networking players.

I always heard beginner's luck was a quick way to get someone caught up in any form of gambling. As a beginner who deposited my first month and roamed around mining and hunting my way through it without so much as a global, I'm thinking MA should put this theory to the test and addict me now! :D

In reality, I'd really prefer to think the loot is completely random. It seems more ethical that way.

Favorite Mineral: Belkar Stone
Largest Find: 33,733 PED
Total Finds: 34,451 PED
Current rank (30 days): Na of 2693

Once again, a better exemple would be impossible.

Should we realy believe that all the avas are born equal?!

Favorite Mineral: Belkar Stone

Once again, a better exemple would be impossible.

Should we realy believe that all the avas are born equal?!
Yes? That person's tt return will even out eventually like everyone else's.

for their sake - I hope they take the money and run

Yes? That person's tt return will even out eventually like everyone else's.

Eventually yes! But how?! When those type of avas just play one week per year. :(

What I dont understand is the game/lootius/MA/FPC whatever, favor those kind on avas instead of the ones that play almost every days.

Back