Do you think some average active players are devalued compared to the less active players? (plz read the post first)

Do you think some average active players are devalued compared to the less active players?

• Yes.

Votes: 130 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 143 40.9%
  • I don´t care.

Votes: 77 22.0%

• Total voters
I have played since Dec 03 and have never had a Hof or global. The best I can remember is 112 Ped while hunting and 83 ped while mining. I'm not even sure that all the posted winners are real.

I pay and play. My goal is to see how far I can make the money this month go. I have yet to see a profit in any month. Usually just under break even. Once in awhile a lot under. The fun for me is improve skills needed to effectively use weapons and Aid kits I have in storage and to see how many stupid decisions I don't make today costing me money.

I don't think the loot payouts are random. I think that the formulas track how much you have received, and calculate how much you are to get. A random 'bang on the buck' is awarded for whatever reason to whomever.

I don't think this theory is a valid one. I was gone for two years for health and I saw no difference when I came back.

I agree that globaling and Hoffing is directly linked to depositing. but please do no think for one second that Hofs below 1K means the hoffing player is on the financial winnind side in peds. I frequently HOF, yet always well bellow 1K peds and absolutally never more than what I have just deposited before the HOF. My average depsoting monthly is about 1.5K peds. So no matter how many times I HOF, its always at a gradual loss. Since my last depsosit i have lost all my peds through mining and hunting at a faster pace than usuall, whereupon I have stayed out of the game, not being able to be active due to a ped balance of zero. The speed of my loss, I feel is directly linked to the seasontime and MA needing the spending money. But thats my personal feeling on that.:wtg:

Perhaps when I deposit again, I will mine and hunt less, pacing myself realy slow, because of christmasstime. I might pick up my gaming activities when this season has passed. So for two more weeks I am staying well away from the game. Bad loots and decay is heavy at the moment. Mindark staff must have expensive gifts to hand out this year IRL. If you are wise, you refrain from activities and deposits at times like these.:eyecrazy:

I dont realy mind them taking me for all I have, I am used to it. Its just that i wish they would do it slower with larger HOFs to prolong my gametime and ingame activities untill the next deposit. Then again what the hell do they care right?
Its not like I remove money from the game, I dont own LA, planets, Malls, shops or even a App, and never have removed money from the game ever. I cycle my peds to keep playing untill its all pooof! lol

Last edited:
I have played since Dec 03 and have never had a Hof or global. The best I can remember is 112 Ped while hunting and 83 ped while mining. I'm not even sure that all the posted winners are real.

I pay and play. My goal is to see how far I can make the money this month go. I have yet to see a profit in any month. Usually just under break even. Once in awhile a lot under. The fun for me is improve skills needed to effectively use weapons and Aid kits I have in storage and to see how many stupid decisions I don't make today costing me money.

I don't think the loot payouts are random. I think that the formulas track how much you have received, and calculate how much you are to get. A random 'bang on the buck' is awarded for whatever reason to whomever.

I don't think this theory is a valid one. I was gone for two years for health and I saw no difference when I came back.

http://www.entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=148191
unless the tracker is lieing you are.

I agree that globaling and Hoffing is directly linked to depositing. but please do no think for one second that Hofs below 1K means the hoffing player is on the financial winnind side in peds. I frequently HOF, yet always well bellow 1K peds and absolutally never more than what I have just deposited before the HOF. My average depsoting monthly is about 1.5K peds. So no matter how many times I HOF, its always at a gradual loss. Since my last depsosit i have lost all my peds through mining and hunting at a faster pace than usuall, whereupon I have stayed out of the game, not being able to be active due to a ped balance of zero. The speed of my loss, I feel is directly linked to the seasontime and MA needing the spending money. But thats my personal feeling on that.:wtg:

Perhaps when I deposit again, I will mine and hunt less, pacing myself realy slow, because of christmasstime. I might pick up my gaming activities when this season has passed. So for two more weeks I am staying well away from the game. Bad loots and decay is heavy at the moment. Mindark staff must have expensive gifts to hand out this year IRL. If you are wise, you refrain from activities and deposits at times like these.:eyecrazy:

I dont realy mind them taking me for all I have, I am used to it. Its just that i wish they would do it slower with larger HOFs to prolong my gametime and ingame activities untill the next deposit. Then again what the hell do they care right?
Its not like I remove money from the game, I dont own LA, planets, Malls, shops or even a App, and never have removed money from the game ever. I cycle my peds to keep playing untill its all pooof! lol

see pm

I don't think he realised he knew he was being watched :laugh:. Mining 53ped, hunting 113ped. Guess he just could'nt recall from his head alone, not to worry tracker shows it all :).

Also Trog the globals people get are very real, what might not be real is whethere that was a lucky loot for them or if they indeed lost that much peds in the process. That is the lure to some players if not most (not me though). People can't make a judgement call and say "oh he got very lucky with that loot", to a few select individuals this maybe correct but mostly not.

I agree that globaling and Hoffing is directly linked to depositing.

Sorry, I can prove this wrong.
I play since 05, depositted WAY more than 80% of the players here, spent a ton on skills, items and playing (for me, my GF and my son), but NEVER had an uber without a team.

Reason: I play too careful. If I read how much people loose on one hunt or even in a week, I never did that bad... so I don#t want a uber or tower, if it keeps me away from losing as much as they do :)

The same situation here.

My last $130 USD depo gave me 2 globals. And lossed 50% of it in just 3/4 days.

I can NOT realy understand the way they (MA) want to go!

I cannot understand how you can loose 1300 PEDs in 4 days hunting. I use weapons I maxed, and most I can lose is 150 PEDs/1 hour... but not _every_ hour.

What gear and mob you use?

I will offer you an alternative theory - publication bias.

This quote is from the first page and didn't get any attention in this thread. It is probably the best explanation of all the ones provided here.

Publication bias in a nut-shell means that only good results get published. In EU you just hear about the people who came back and got big hofs, but nobody comes to the forum to post that after a long break they came back and loot was as usual.

I know I had long breaks with no HOF upon return, and I know others I can say the same about. I am sure that there are much more people with this experience than the ones that have hit big after their break.

I cannot understand how you can loose 1300 PEDs in 4 days hunting. I use weapons I maxed, and most I can lose is 150 PEDs/1 hour... but not _every_ hour.

What gear and mob you use?

150 ped loss is a lot , maybe you should get in contact with the guy bellow

You do it wrong. MA calculates 1$ per play time, that means, you should be able to HUNT for 50 hours with 50 bucks. If that doesn't work for you, you do it wrong, that simple.

If I play carefully, it works for me, so I assume, it works for everyone.

Last edited:
http://www.entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=148191
unless the tracker is lieing you are.

I'm sure he only meant "HOF", not globals.

see pm

The same situation here.

My last $130 USD depo gave me 2 globals. And lossed 50% of it in just 3/4 days.

I can NOT realy understand the way they (MA) want to go!
Losing 650 ped in 4 days is quite easy to do. You just need to cycle through 6500 peds in a LA at 5% tax, loot tt-junk only, and voilá, the odds to achieve that goal are quite good.

Lol, at least someone reads my stuff ;).-

Let me clarify: I started to log my huntings again when I did the Steel Bird mission. There I made profit over all... some runs I lost, some profit, usual thing. When I hunted Harbingers or Leginaires in between, I lost max. 150,- in one run (will post exact numbers in different topic i think).

But:
When I hunt and I see loot is bad, I am able to stop. For legionaires I didn't stop, because I wanted to go for a mission. For Harbingers (in Twin) I did it for the fun of it. That's where I said: who cares about loot.

But if I care about loot, I am unable to lose 50% and I still don#t understand how someone can lose 1300 PEDs in 4 days with normal playing.

If I lose many PEDs, I know that I do something funny or stupid and I never blame MA. If I hunt "normal" I never lose that much. Even if I do stupid things, I am unable to get such a loss. So my question is: what do these people really do?

But if I care about loot, I am unable to lose 50% and I still don#t understand how someone can lose 1300 PEDs in 4 days with normal playing.

If I lose many PEDs, I know that I do something funny or stupid and I never blame MA. If I hunt "normal" I never lose that much. Even if I do stupid things, I am unable to get such a loss. So my question is: what do these people really do?

How?! Playing no?

As you said before even if its "only" 150ped lost per hunt, like happen to me on 2 runs on ithaca, you just need another 2 runs like that to make the 600 ped lost.

4 x 150 = 600 lol (50% of last depo as i already said)

And btw I don´t play this game to be rich (more to be poor infact), I play it for fun and to develope my ava. But the cost start to be prety high, maybe at prof. lvl 60 the loot start to come again.

Last edited:
Lol, at least someone reads my stuff ;).-

Let me clarify: I started to log my huntings again when I did the Steel Bird mission. There I made profit over all... some runs I lost, some profit, usual thing. When I hunted Harbingers or Leginaires in between, I lost max. 150,- in one run (will post exact numbers in different topic i think).

But:
When I hunt and I see loot is bad, I am able to stop. For legionaires I didn't stop, because I wanted to go for a mission. For Harbingers (in Twin) I did it for the fun of it. That's where I said: who cares about loot.

Good Question, maybe they´re playing to big, using wrong Gear, have not enough on Pedcard for cycling, doing to much in TT......

Last edited:
Sometimes I see people who were absent from game for a few nice months, sometimes for a year or more, (at least without globals according to the ET) to return and take realy nice big HOF's.

That's a simple bias. Only those that get a global will get noticed.

In what 5 months he's only been able to show us 10 examples and of those every single one was a newer player getting a big hof not someone that had been gone for a while and came back to a big hof. His selection bias disproves his own theory.

In what 5 months he's only been able to show us 10 examples and of those every single one was a newer player getting a big hof not someone that had been gone for a while and came back to a big hof. His selection bias disproves his own theory.

fact is that a regular mmorpg would reward the dedicated and active players, not the ones that visite the game one time a year or the newbie player in order to make him adicted. This is not fair for the regular depo user.

and the best example is 10 pages on tracker without a sigle 300ped hof, because is my own example!

ps: and i m not sekking daily for this examples, but some are so much funny that deserve to be posted.

fact is that a regular mmorpg would reward the dedicated and active players, not the ones that visite the game one time a year or the newbie player in order to make him adicted. This is not fair for the regular depo user.
and the best example is 10 pages on tracker without a sigle 300ped hof, because is my own example!
ps: and i m not sekking daily for this examples, but some are so much funny that deserve to be posted.

Well, I am a regular player and I have to say: I am rewarded: I know when to keep my looted items and when to sell them. I know that it makes sense to keep stuff and sell sometimes in 300 PEDs stocks. I know what armor to use and what weapon to avoid etc.

These are things in regular MMORPGs are not important. In a normal MMORPG no one cares about decay or costs of ammo etc. Entropia is totally different, and only the very experienced players or the players who dive deep into the system get good results. This is exactly what I expect from a RCE environment, so I am rewarded.

Only thing that annoys me, is that my taming profession is useless.

Maybe one comment from above is a good hint:
If you don't have many PEDs in your pocket, you can't hold back loot to get a better price. Example: I a miner whoi is totally broke will need to TT some stones or sell way below MU because he doesn't has enough TT value, to place an auction item at normal MU.
If this happens on on each of your runs, you easily lose 10% on top of normal losses.

Am I being told that a global is $10 (ten) USD? Is that what I'm being told; TEN DOLLARS IS A GLOBAL? 100 ped? Worst yet, $5.

If that's the case I must have had a hundred of them over the years. Several hundred. How can anyone call ten dollars a global? Shit, I blow away that much in ammo and equipment decay in a day.

And, it was 113 ped not 112 ped as stated in my post. So, _U kosmos/Power. Mine was an error in understanding the global definition while you two are just _holes.

Of course even low runs should produce a global time to time, I'd say one global every month atleast (excluding the fact that the guy just hunt sabakumas lol).

nothing wrong with saba :dodge:
my lizard likes worms:yup:

Personal loot theory does play a big part... since those that appear inactive a long time and suddenly are active likely did a deposit. That seems to make globals happen more.

Here are my thoughts from http://www.entropiaplanets.com/foru...rse-discussion/4305-thoughts-loot-tables.html

Ok I have looked around and it seems the general consensus of most players is that the loot you get and weather or not you global/hof is all determined by how much and how frequently someone deposits.

Here is what I have deducted from it all. First off I believe the chance at a global/hof is in no way related to if and when you deposit. Further more I don't believe there is some sort of algorithm to balance deposits to loot. I think a non-depositor has the same chance to get loot as a depositor.

I think the only reason people think there is a relationship or some sort of program running at the core of Entropia Universe that gives more loot to depositors is because a lot of the globals/hof's you see are usually from people that do indeed deposit. The reason though is actually totally unrelated to how much they put in, rather they just stay out longer. Either hunting/mining/crafting longer. Of course if you stay out, say for 5 hours just constantly hunting/mining, you are going to have a better chance of a global/hof than someone that only goes out for 30 minutes to an hour. I have put this theory of mine to the test and it seems like it is in fact the case.

Of course this is only my thoughts and there really isn't any actual facts to base it on but just seemed like common sense.

Good luck everyone!!!

Favorite Mob: Argonaut
Largest Loot: 11,328 PED
Total Loot: 12,522 PED
Current rank (30 days): 1980 of 3113

Inactivity FTW on a MMORPG!!!

Infact I start to think that the less you play, and when I say "play" I mean gambling on one of the three activities, the best chances you got to hit a big one!

Man I just can say that stoping depo was the best move I had since I play this BS game!!! Going now for four months without depo (already a personal record) and I will undoubtedly reach six months (maybe one full year who knows), that is my main achievement atm. And to see examples like the above one just give me even more strength to accomplish it!

Thanks MA!!! Your loot algorithm rocks!!!

Been away for long time > no hof
Deposited very big > no hof
Hunted like crazy with big UL guns > no hof
Hunted like crazy with big L guns > no hof
Crafted, mined > no hof
Ran around Twinpeaks naked > no hof
Stuck a thumb up my ass during hunts > no hof

so basicly, I have no clue but I dont believe in coming home hofs.

I think it should be if the company intends to healthy and economically that the players should have the following in their loot.

1. Depositer (money to the game) +
2. No depositer -
3. Activity ( no free activity like sweating and so on) +
4. Withdrow ( money from the game) -
5. If MA see that a Avatar has not been depositing in (lets say 3 months) -
6. The more you depositing, the more should loot be +

The point I want to get is: MA seems to promote (by giving big loots) the players that are inactive (acording to ET not cycling PEDs daily) for a long period of time.

I think there's something in the game mechanism that increases the odds of abnormally high loots based on sharp increases in activity over a short amount of time... this is for new players, returning players, folks who drastically change their gaming style maybe....

players like this seem to see better than average "good loots".... so that a normal guys 300 peder might be the "lucky guys" 3k pedder...

other factors influence too, so its not like anyone can plan on repeating their successes.

I agree, loot should be more predictable overall.

I think it should be if the company intends to healthy and economically that the players should have the following in their loot.

2. No depositer -

Yes, this would be the correct logic. Too bad that MA don't follow this!
Instead they prefer to treat us as drug addicts.

The year that I had depo more was also the year with the lowest high loots ever. What motivation I have to continue to depo?

Hope this game survive for many more years, because I still love to play it, but something should be done on the loot algorithm if MA realy want regular depo ppl.

Yes, this would be the correct logic. Too bad that MA don't follow this!
Instead they prefer to treat us as drug addicts.

The year that I had depo more was also the year with the lowest high loots ever. What motivation I have to continue to depo?

Hope this game survive for many more years, because I still love to play it, but something should be done on the loot algorithm if MA realy want regular depo ppl.

In this way, the company will have access to more money to work with and the company would get more satisfied players because the players would see a progress in the game, and in the long run would get more players who stay in the game.:wise:

2. No depositer -

You did not really think that through, did you? :laugh:

Very funny you say that. My last 4 days of playing I have lost 1300 PEDs using an Apis (maxed) on mostly Atrox. Don't believe me? Here's my hunt log:

Format:
[Date] (If not mentioned, it's still the same day)
[Location] (If not mentioned, same location as previously) & [# of PEDs of ammo cycled]
[Starting weapon TT value so I can keep track of decay. Apis decay marked up 30%, Prosectutor M15 marked up 15%]
[BLP Professional standing level & progress to next level]
[Total net gain or loss]

April 3, 2011
Atrox W of Ithaca (400)
Apis (130%): 171.66 > Decay 86.35
BLP 32 -- 70.91 > 77.09%
Net: +87.21
===
(400)
Apis: 105.24 > Decay 89.93
BLP 32 -- 77.09 > 85.92
Net: -94.48
===
(400)
Apis: 34.27 > Decay 36.58
Apis: 205.00 > Decay 72
BLP 32 85.92 -- 96.22
Net: -173.36
===
April 5, 2011
Atrox W of Ithaca (400)
Apis (130%): 149.50
BLP 33 1.42 -- 11.08%
Net: -222.69
===
(400)
Apis: 68.70 Decay 81.35
Prosecutor: 45.29 Decay 32.09
BLP 33 11.08 > 23.46%
Net: -181.54
===
(500)
Apis: 205
BLP 33 24.48 > 39.20%
Net: -235.55
===
(400)
Apis: 108.49
Prosecutor: 13.20
BLP 33 39.20 > 52.50%
Net: -140.36
===
April 6, 2011
(400) Leviathans
Apis: 28.42
BLP 33 52.50 > 58.65%
Net: -78.90
===
(400) Atrox
Apis: 149.06
BLP 33 58.65 > 70.82%
Net: +7.99
===
(400) Feffoids
Apis: 69.82
BLP 33 70.82 > 84.06%
Net: -81.85
===
(400) Atrox
Apis: 192.04
BLP 33 83.06 > 90.09%
Net: +75.74
===
(400)
Apis: 149.86
BLP 33 90.09 > 34 1.39%
Net: -110.94
===
(400)
Apis: 76.50 Decay 61.47
Prosecutor: 13.20 Decay 5.99
BLP 34 1.39 > 13.08%
Net: -10.39
===
April 7, 2011
(400) Atrox
ApisL 205.00
BLP 34 15.07 > 25.78%
Net: -148.22

TOTAL for last 4 days: -1307.55

Sorry for lack for better formatting -- didn't feel like bothering with it. Just copypasted from my huntlog.txt file.

Just for good measure, I'll list my gear:

[Armor]: Nemesis (M) x 7 parts, non-plated (Atrox) & Gremlin (M) 5b plated (vs Feffoid & Leviathan)

[Weapon]: GeoTrek LP485 Apis (Maxed) amped with Fi/Ra/Co Beast

[Tag gun]: SilverFang M.01 Starlight (decay was NOT included in the costs)

[Enhancers]: Damage I, II, III, IV, V as were allowed by Apis tiering (cost of these being expended was ALSO excluded from my hunt log)

Last edited:
Very funny you say that. My last 4 days of playing I have lost 1300 PEDs using an Apis (maxed) on mostly Atrox. Don't believe me? Here's my hunt log:

Selective reading?

When I hunt and I see loot is bad, I am able to stop...

But if I care about loot...

What Smoerble wrote, IF one cares about returns and reacts..

Btw, your setup is shit if you want to break even. Not saying that caused those -1.3k ofc, but you won't win any with it in the long run, no matter how good your tt returns would be.

Well, and mob choice: Showing us a short time sample on WOP mobs doesn't impress anybody either.

Back