Question: Does your skill level (hit / dmg) affect on the eff parameter of unmaxed gun?

SuperFly

Guardian
Society
LCA>TKoE>CoTS>Freelancer
Leo SuperFly Phoenix
For example:

IMK2 @L66 hit/dmg shows me HA 8.0/10.0 and 90% eff.
Should i expect 2% TT losses only bec of 2% misses or the eff reduces to 90 * 66 / 100 too?

Not affected by skills. Hold your mouse over the Efficiency label and read the third line.

According to statements from MA (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...statments-pertaining-to-loot-post-2-0.263346/) un-maxed damage is returned in loot while skill misses are not returned in loot.
8/10 HA means 2% misses.
From the same list of statements from MA efficiency maps to 0-7% loot.
If we assume 0-100% efficiency maps linearly to 0-7% loot; 2% misses reduces the efficiency with 28.6 percentage points.
So 90% becomes 61.4% equivalent if you want to compare it to other options (given the assumption above).

Last edited:
Yes, the question is more about the loot calculation algorithm.

2 month ago i switched from maxed L4 (65% eff setup) to unmaxed EP38Aug (79% eff setup) and my TT return went down from very stable 97%+ to 91% (50k+ loot events since). The same dps / rings / mob / hunting style - nothing was changed here except Eff. I expect 2% TT losses bec of the misses and 1% increase bec of the Eff (if we apply the linear model) - it should be around 96%+ in total, but i see a huge gap here.

I noticed MA increased the max possible multiplyer from x1250 to x2500 and maybe we are living in the new environment since.

Do we have the same loot calculation algorithm now as 2 month ago?

97% TT return is the outlier I think :)
Welcome back to normal :p

Yes, the question is more about the loot calculation algorithm.

2 month ago i switched from maxed L4 (65% eff setup) to unmaxed EP38Aug (79% eff setup) and my TT return went down from very stable 97%+ to 91% (50k+ loot events since). The same dps / rings / mob / hunting style - nothing was changed here except Eff. I expect 2% TT losses bec of the misses and 1% increase bec of the Eff (if we apply the linear model) - it should be around 96%+ in total, but i see a huge gap here.

I noticed MA increased the max possible multiplyer from x1250 to x2500 and maybe we are living in the new environment since.

Do we have the same loot calculation algorithm now as 2 month ago?
2 months is probably not a big enough sample size to draw conclusions from on a 6% loot swing but yes I’m sure going from maxed to I maxed is playing a factor.

Shouldn't scopes and sights help you miss less with an unmaxed weapon?

In theory yes but the effect seems to be really small. I have tried to measure it but haven't found any conclusive information from the data...

According to my data 60% Skill Modification bonus gives me 0.6% HA bonus on unmaxed rifles and 0.3% HA bonus on unmaxed pistols (bec of the range).

According to my data 60% Skill Modification bonus gives me 0.6% HA bonus on unmaxed rifles and 0.3% HA bonus on unmaxed pistols (bec of the range).

A month ago, I reported a bug with attacks per minute.
Weapons + buffs over 100 attacks per minute are converted into a bonus up to the maximum DMG. I.e. 100 attacks is the cap, but every single point goes to as percent to max DMG... assume it like invisible AMP. That is, a ring + pill with a faster reloading in itself increases the maximum DMG... this is illogical.

The idea to mention it here is that this bug not only increases the maximum DMG, but it also increases the average TT return, which is proof that the system does not report TT only on the peks spent for this kill... ratio maybe, I have no idea. But once a reload ring or pill raises the average TT return, it's hard to say exactly how to calculate our actions in the game.

Weapons + buffs over 100 attacks per minute are converted into a bonus up to the maximum DMG. I.e. 100 attacks is the cap, but every single point goes to as percent to max DMG... assume it like invisible AMP. That is, a ring + pill with a faster reloading in itself increases the maximum DMG... this is illogical.

The idea to mention it here is that this bug not only increases the maximum DMG, but it also increases the average TT return, which is proof that the system does not report TT only on the peks spent for this kill... ratio maybe, I have no idea. But once a reload ring or pill raises the average TT return, it's hard to say exactly how to calculate our actions in the game.

No way! :oops:
That means the owners of all mayhem and fen pistols and the owner of unique dagger are cheaters - isnt it?

P.S.: WTB Mad4Adj and ModMerc at the boxes

Last edited:
I've got my equalizer finally. I'm at 96%+ now as expected.

Can you pass one to me. I'm at 92-93% during the last 300KPEDs.

No way! :oops:
That means the owners of all mayhem and fen pistols and the owner of unique dagger are cheaters - isnt it?

P.S.: WTB Mad4Adj and ModMerc at the boxes

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic, but it doesn't matter to me personally who is a fraud to give definitions. This is a major mistake and concern of the MA, which is not from yesterday. But indirectly, I think it matters because of the common pool on the planet, on which the big waves depend. So I think it would be better to be normal. This would undoubtedly lower the total TT%... etc.

As a result, this effect has a direct impact on the DPP and not on the Effi, and so far the Effi is considered to have an impact on the TT return.

When i had scanthi the pistol use more ammo if it exceeds 100 use per min so its not free dmg.
Atleast it worked like that 2 years ago

• Attacks with items that exceed the server limit of 100 attacks per minute (i.e. through stacked buff effects) will now receive a damage increase proportional to what would have been achieved with the faster attack speed, while still being limited to 100 attacks per minute. This damage increase will result in increased ammunition and item deterioration proportional to the additional damage created.

link here

Thanks for this information, I was not aware of these notes.

But an experiment with the Uber weapon tower gives me this result.
0.70083333% - from a pure weapon.
0.77666666% - the same weapon with 10% reload.

58% EFF are ~72.5%.
70% Eff ~73%.

From where do you think the difference is?

Efficiency, while closely related are NOT DPP related from maxed or unamaxed guns. I think it was sravog that had a decent post about it on a thread.
There are a few guns who have who have less DPP than another but more efficiency. Efficiency closely related to that but it has nothing to do with it as it is a fixed base value. Simply equipping a scope, lasers and extender show you that. You gained EFF but lost DPP.

Efficiency is not avatar based, weapon capacity based. It's a static. Thus, should you have 10 in laser and use a lr-90. You will get that efficiency with a DPP that is probably worse than a Grindhouse gun. IS it better ? Worse ? all debates...

But if MA say that average return is average return...

I mean, from my experience efficiency just mean you lose more peds. You usualy get x% more loot but it cost less so you get shafted in your globals unless it's a super hof. Just make the good return longer to hit or much more gross profit if you are lucky. <--- Thats my opinion.

Back