Easter Mayhem: want to get motivated!

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Hi

Most likely Easter mayhem is coming up within 1-2 weeks.
Many players have gathered tokens in the last couple of mayhems, including myself, but are unable to use them and acquire an interesting item, because the mayhem item vendor has been severely plundered!

I could use a carrot... give me a reason to grind the upcoming mayhem... why would I grind if I cannot get a reward for it?

Some Suggestions:
- restock some of the items in the vendor (limited quantity)
- add a couple of nice twen mayhem items (should be slightly better then the current items, for instance same weapon, but +2 uses/minute)
- add a couple of higher end weapons. (we're all moving up in professions)

cheers
Naomi

P.S. one more suggestion: allow to refine 10% 1hour pills to 100% 1hour pills (takes 11 10%pills to make 1 100% pill)

Hi

Most likely Easter mayhem... will have the same shitty returns as we experience last months.

I could use a carrot... give me a reason to grind the upcoming mayhem... At least turn off this inhuman twen tax.

Last edited:
Yes we NEED a restock to the vendor!

Ranged AMPs and bigger LR please and thank you.

I saw some "leak" that there would be more items in mayhem vendors like lvl 200+ weapons etc.. not sure when and if true but yea

to quote : LP-170, BP-200, LP 60 Mod, and LB-50 to be added to Mayhem vendor.

Hi

Most likely Easter mayhem is coming up within 1-2 weeks.
Many players have gathered tokens in the last couple of mayhems, including myself, but are unable to use them and acquire an interesting item, because the mayhem item vendor has been severely plundered!

I could use a carrot... give me a reason to grind the upcoming mayhem... why would I grind if I cannot get a reward for it?

Some Suggestions:
- restock some of the items in the vendor (limited quantity)
- add a couple of nice twen mayhem items (should be slightly better then the current items, for instance same weapon, but +2 uses/minute)
- add a couple of higher end weapons. (we're all moving up in professions)

cheers
Naomi

P.S. one more suggestion: allow to refine 10% 1hour pills to 100% 1hour pills (takes 11 10%pills to make 1 100% pill)
Yeah something and i even might consider canceling my withdraw :D

Here is an idea. Give players the ability to get a guaranteed rare token. Allow them to refine 50 or 100k normal tokens into a rare one, so they know they are guaranteed mayhem items if they grind enough.

Numbers are just an example. I think 100k would be way too high, but it still removes the hopelessness of wondering if you will get a rare one.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 there is a saying where I'm from, it goes like this:

"The sparrow hopes and dreams of corn falling from the sky"

Good luck obtaining anything from MA.

because there are too many people and their alt armies who have stacked up tokens at this point to drain the vendor, instantly depleting it - I think you can put some things there + pills but everything needs to start from scratch to get rid of the bloat. E.g. twen tokens + mayhem tokens as an example. Mindark, and this thread, needs to take a lesson of #cyrenegate.

Those who just pulled or upgraded will say no and those who have tokens and cant buy anything will say we need a restock now.
But the main question should be why do we have to deplete the vendor in the first place, why can the range of items in type and quality be much broader ?
Why do weapons that have such difference in quality and value cost nearly the same on the token vendor ?
Why is there no avatar bound weapon options on trader that can be upgraded adjusted-perfected over time ?

Why not have some insanely expensive items on the trader for a million tokens ? Could even be estates, ships, unique items some even with requirements noone in game has reached yet - put something out there to strife for, to work towards for years to come.

We should never be in a situation where we have years hunting worth in tokens sitting with nothing interesting to spent it on - motivate for the next grind and many more to come. Not everyone wants to just make cash.

Those who just pulled or upgraded will say no and those who have tokens and cant buy anything will say we need a restock now.
But the main question should be why do we have to deplete the vendor in the first place, why can the range of items in type and quality be much broader ?
Why do weapons that have such difference in quality and value cost nearly the same on the token vendor ?
Why is there no avatar bound weapon options on trader that can be upgraded adjusted-perfected over time ?

Why not have some insanely expensive items on the trader for a million tokens ? Could even be estates, ships, unique items some even with requirements noone in game has reached yet - put something out there to strife for, to work towards for years to come.

We should never be in a situation where we have years hunting worth in tokens sitting with nothing interesting to spent it on - motivate for the next grind and many more to come. Not everyone wants to just make cash.

Me likey this idea, wep market atm is shite and will continue to be shite for a while I reckon. Why not diversify a little, but hey who are we to tell MA what to do? 😁🤣🤣🤣

People who live in space wiLl jUsT wAnT mOrE sHiPs

Fair points. Now recycle your tokens. *laughs in MA* :ROFLMAO:

Tokens should have more uses, but in limited and consumable items. More/Better pills, tradable skill pills from vendor (and token rebalance). L versions of 2.0 weapons and armor. CDF style weapons purchasable with tokens, Plates tuned to that mayhem mob damage types. faps and resto chips. Sky is the limit.

Me likey this idea, wep market atm is shite and will continue to be shite for a while I reckon. Why not diversify a little, but hey who are we to tell MA what to do? 😁🤣🤣🤣
as some one said. we just wait for next meta change

Tokens should have more uses, but in limited and consumable items. More/Better pills, tradable skill pills from vendor (and token rebalance). L versions of 2.0 weapons and armor. CDF style weapons purchasable with tokens, Plates tuned to that mayhem mob damage types. faps and resto chips. Sky is the limit.
That what i was thinking yesterday.. get L wepons from mayhem vendor :) 2.0 high effi good dpp :)

That what i was thinking yesterday.. get L wepons from mayhem vendor :) 2.0 high effi good dpp :)
I have no idea why they didn't do this yet, it is a great idea and lets people test out the weapons and see what they like. The mayhem L weapon droprate is pretty damn low and this would be a good way to get them.

I have no idea why they didn't do this yet, it is a great idea and lets people test out the weapons and see what they like. The mayhem L weapon droprate is pretty damn low and this would be a good way to get them.
ah yeah lol so true about drop rate :D i even forgot u get them in loot :D

Because of the token inflation in the system now, it has the potential of killing off the armatrix market. It's already pretty fragile.

People who live in space wiLl jUsT wAnT mOrE sHiPs

Fair points. Now recycle your tokens. *laughs in MA* :ROFLMAO:
i want a deathstar on the token trader ffs !

Some more examples:
Mayhem Mankini with 50% regeneration buff
Mayhem Helmet Mounted Display - attachment for helmets with 10% more speed/acceleration while piloting
Mayhem Personal Shield device - 10% incomming dmg reduction before armor
Mayhem Drug dispenser adj/perfected - allows to stack pills for autorecharge 1(adj) to 5(perf) different types
Mayhem Armor autorepair - attachment for armor pieces - keeps your ul armor at 100% tt for maximum protection by redirecting 100% of the decay to the attachment
Mayhem Bloodmagic Implant - 20% more dmg - but the extradmg hits you as well
Mayhem Fancy Cloak Unique - sparkles

i want a deathstar on the token trader ffs !

Some more examples:
Mayhem Mankini with 50% regeneration buff
Mayhem Helmet Mounted Display - attachment for helmets with 10% more speed/acceleration while piloting
Mayhem Personal Shield device - 10% incomming dmg reduction before armor
Mayhem Drug dispenser adj/perfected - allows to stack pills for autorecharge 1(adj) to 5(perf) different types
Mayhem Armor autorepair - attachment for armor pieces - keeps your ul armor at 100% tt for maximum protection by redirecting 100% of the decay to the attachment
Mayhem Bloodmagic Implant - 20% more dmg - but the extradmg hits you as well
Mayhem Fancy Cloak Unique - sparkles
WTB [Mayhem Fancy Cloak Unique - sparkles edition (F,C)]

Thats kind of true with that motivation tbh.. Farmed last 5 myhems and not rly gonna do easter one.. Got 16k normal tokens and 1 rare one and nothing to do with it tbh ... I see no point doing all the myhems atm if i cant use the tokens .

Would love anything along those lines

I can think of a few ways to balance that are fair too? Add a weapon in a new class that doesn't get affected by current skills? Can force a new stream of skilling and would make the "high end" guns not as valuable right at release since no one will have the skills for them.

Interesting that NI and cyrene both now have a "mission chain" for upgrading armor/plates all the way through perfected that has a bit of nuance and interest attached to it. Same idea with Toulan and DSEC. Yet Caly's armor upgrades are kinda.... boring? All of them are pretty much the same and don't have an extended chain. There's no such thing as vigilante perfected, or nemesis perfected. I'm also suprised Caly hasn't added some sort of weapon chain, perhaps something that starts from bukins and goes all the way up to something good.

Heck, why not have a chain like that, which involves upgrading with mayhem tokens? Does this hurt crafters too much? I don't know. The argument is that supply needs to be kept in check which is the whole point of the vendor, so maybe this isn't a great idea after all but it would be pretty awesome to have an epic mission chain along those lines. You know what this is like? RDI!!! Give us more things like that!! Imagine if contracts from RDI or something similar had you choose between lets say 10 different things that each provided there own benefit. Do i want the RDI backpack? Do I want the RDI mankini? Do I want the RDI necklace (woohoo, new slot...)? Adding choices is always good and helps add individuality to peoples goals throughout the game.

I don't think everyone should be grinding away for the same thing all the time. It could be a lot more nuanced and interesting if there were a lot of different types of options in mission chains and mayhem vendors. At this time its basically everyone fighting to get the best weapons ASAP and then the vendor is dried for some time. If the vendor was filled with (L) items, blueprints, rare pills, rare crafting items (hey maybe dunkel plastix or something! Don't hate me balance team), dpp enhancements, plates, different specialty armors (imagine sets like sigyn/chelydra), new attachments on weapons (extenders that last longer? other ways to boost dpp even if you take a hit on efficiency?), new vehicles?

I know a lot of this is really hard to balance, and its tough to find the right spot between balancing and making something appealing to grind towards but I really thinks theres a LOT of opportunity that should be taken advantage of!

As long as it not uses the same spot as the armor plates, this is an awesome idea.

mayhem vendor might be restocked with limited number of items for a higher number of tokens, it happened already with some of the amps with an increase of required tokens by a good% - i.e. from 1 rare + 15k mtokens to 2 rares +20k mtokens

imagine the dps that exists now in game is able to push up to 90-100k mtokens /6 weeks of event ( xmas ) - 10x mod nano, 12x lp100, 10x bp130, 3x bc120, some lp120 and perf electric,

- what used to be a 1 year and a half work for tokens is now under a 2 mayhems period
- TWEN is just at the beginning tho

just saying

Back