EBN: RDI searching for new robot technology

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
EBN: RDI searching for new robot technology
09 Dec 2008

As the robots have evolved into the new forms that have plagued our colony, RDI is very interested in learning the exact form of the latest step in robot evolution. In order to understand the robots, RDI need salvaged parts from the robot invaders to analyze.

"[The robots] have to have a plan somewhere; it's just a matter of finding it and decoding it", says an analyst for RDI. "The robots don't take a dump without being programmed to. Actually, they don't take a dump at all, but you get the point."

Specifically, RDI needs the following items:
Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit
Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger
Exceptional Robot Optical Lense
Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint
Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprint
Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprint

If you are in possession of these particular items, please hold on to them.

To conduct proper analysis, RDI needs the following items:

15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints OR 15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses (or any combination of those that produce 15 samples).
AND
5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints OR 5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers (or any combination of those that produce 5 samples).
AND
1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint OR 1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit.

Any colonist who acquires a complete sample set should present it to RDI to collect a reward.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit : OK, we have lots of bits to collect. Going to be very difficult for a single Avi to loot all the bits required. So it comes down to size of ped card LOL

Hey ho, will fight on defending the planet regardless.....

Last edited:
PoE reward or not yet ?

and what about miners ?

And the story goes on... give me a reason to loose my peds I guess. ;)

Here we goes again . . .

Edit: for a short time i hoped that MA suddenly had lost their greed and wanted to make the game functional again . . . But this only shows they will never change. The information around events like this also allways sucks and gives more confusion then useful information.

How many ppl are pissed?

Last edited:
Ok.. you don't need one.. or two or three pieces of tech...

You need 21 pieces!

Well, I guess that means a lot will be looted at least... :)

I assume the miners will find the same exceptional tech as the hunters do.

:eek: that is a great number for one armor ...

Specifically, RDI needs the following items:
Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit
Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger
Exceptional Robot Optical Lense
Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint
Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprint
Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprint

If you are in possession of these particular items, please hold on to them. To conduct proper analysis, RDI needs 15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints and/or Exceptional Robot Optical Lense, 5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints and/or Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger, and either one Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit or one Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint. If you can acquire this, you will be awarded by the RDI.

Originally Posted Here

I can not say that this makes it exceptionally clear what is exactly needed.
The way it sounds one needs 21 items to get an PoE armor set. But somehow i think they do not mean it that way.

Can some official from MA formulate it in a clear and meaningfull way?

Cheers
Siam

I dont understand...so, to get a POE player need:

15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lense lub 15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprint
plus
5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints lub 5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger
plus
1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit lub Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint

15 EROL or 15 COLB + 5 CHCB or 5 ERHC + 1 EROU or CCUB

?

I heard a rumour over at RDI that they expect some of the items to be hidden in the ground...

If miners can get it with non-ordinary find (like Hadisan or Angel Scales) chances for miner to find something is almost 0% as Non ordinar find popups once per 4k drops ... 12h playtime allow drop 1k a day = 4 days to get it once i bet that possibility of that tech to be this part is small, so due to event and I`ll have 2-3 possible loots with 0.01% possibility of part.

plus
plus

?
As i see it too - now only Q left is how rare will they be - need at least to be found
225 EROL or COLB
75 CHCB or ERHC
15 EROU or CCUB

to give away 15 sets. So gratz to thou sold EROL or COLB for 10k ped or more :laugh:

plus
plus

?

Yap correct ... 21 parts for PoE

My assumption is that you need:
15 EROL and/or 15 COLB = 1 PoE
5 CHCB and/or 5 ERHC = 1 PoE
1 EROU or CCUB = 1 PoE

so I guess you can combine EROL and COLB like 5 COLB and 10 EROL to get a PoE.

If miners can get it with non-ordinary find (like Hadisan or Angel Scales) chances for miner to find something is almost 0% as Non ordinar find popups once per 4k drops ... 12h playtime allow drop 1k a day = 4 days to get it once i bet that possibility of that tech to be this part is small, so due to event and I`ll have 2-3 possible loots with 0.01% possibility of part.

That's probably about same chance of hunter looting one

If you are in possession of these particular items, please hold on to them. To conduct proper analysis, RDI needs 15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints and/or Exceptional Robot Optical Lense, 5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints and/or Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger, and either one Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit or one Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint. If you can acquire this, you will be awarded by the RDI.

That's quite confusing so re-wrote it out, a little clearer:

15 of (Corrupt Optical Lense BP | Exceptional Robot Optical Lense)
5 of (Corrupt Hyper Charger BP | Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger)
1 of (Corrupt Contraction Unit BP | Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit)

So 21 parts needed for PoE set. Going to be a lot of trading near the end. :)

That's probably about same chance of hunter looting one
nop ....

Every time you loot mob and if it`s loot value is bigger then 1 ped you already involve chance of looting it.

Miner must get non-ordinary find to involve loot chance. You have that chance 50% of mobs you loot, miner will have it few times as he must hit non-ordinary find apart from regular claim!

i have 1 lence and 1 hyper charger... that wont get me very far...

back to hunting i guess

There are some confusion to this - those RDI guys have their heads full of mathematics and physics. This is a rewording that hopefully is clearer.

--

15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints OR 15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses (or any combination of those that produce 15 samples).
AND
5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints OR 5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers (or any combination of those that produce 5 samples).
AND

Any colonist who acquires a complete sample set should present it to RDI to collect a reward.

--

There are some confusion to this - those RDI guys have their heads full of mathematics and physics. This is a rewording that hopefully is clearer.

--

AND
AND

--

LOL Thats gonna cost us :D i got 1 hypercharger and 1 lense for sale!

nop ....

Every time you loot mob and if it`s loot value is bigger then 1 ped you already involve chance of looting it.

Miner must get non-ordinary find to involve loot chance. You have that chance 50% of mobs you loot, miner will have it few times as he must hit non-ordinary find apart from regular claim!

Only that when you do get something out the of ordinary now chance are very high there something in it..
All in all about the same chance..

....so my defending calypso project ends here.
No more bot killing unless they directly spawn on my nicer side.

Gratz to the ones with fat wallet.

AND/OR I can glady offer RDI an exeptional busy item and 5k common dung to analyse.

Yes me pissed. UFF

JohnnyBravo - don't assume that there is a finite number of samples to be found. ,-)

We aim for excitment and not frustration. =)

(and no, I won't go into more specifics than this, it is an ingame event after all, and not a contest - as explained in a thread elsewhere)

If this is the case than this sucks ass... This will create so much bullshit with trading that in the end Mind Ark will make a fortune on us blasting PEDs away and will give out maybe 5 full sets as the rest will have trouble finding their owners...
In the very end there will probably be few people left with half needed while others have same amount or similar and none will want to sell at reasonable price.
This was probably supposed to give a chance to everyone in the eyes of MA but at the end it will blow up in everyones face again.

:mad: I hope these assumptions are very wrong. If not than this will probably be the last event I'll ever participate in created by MA...

You couldn't expect the lence was a big share in PoE. It will come down to 15 rare parts, the contraction units. The people who loot them can buy the rest pretty cheep i'd guess. It's just like dna collecting.

I want a 100k set of armour and I want you to make it really easy for me to get it :rolleyes:

It will come down to 15 rare parts, the contraction units. The people who loot them can buy the rest pretty cheep i'd guess. It's just like dna collecting.

Yep, this is what I expected.

EDIT: Once again...I don't care anymore ;) Maybe I got my hopes up too much that things are changing and after 3 years of dedicated playing I have looted something entertaining and within my reach to complete... I guess I'll still hope to HOF after over 2 years since last one he he he...

Last edited:
I heard a rumour over at RDI that they expect some of the items to be hidden in the ground...

Let there be light ....

Thanks Marco,

Now can we get proper clarification on this ...

Now we just need to wait on the clarification of :

The main questions being,
1. Robots everwhere & anywhere in any zone upon Calypso ?
2. Can mining be done everywhere & *anywhere* upon Calypso and off-world locations like CND ?

To acquire all these RDI research components. :)

Justin Justin Justin ....

Keep this website on continuous play with the speakers up full till you feel you can take no more and need to respond ...

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

Back