EBN: RDI searching for new robot technology

No offense, but i am not even sure if an AoW member can really understand the situation of the newbies and stuck mid-level players.

In the current situation we have a very small circle of ubers, a small group of semi-ubers, a lot of medium-skilled players and according to my gut feeling and that of other people we have a decreasing number of newbies :(

No offense taken. No matter what everyone was a newbie at some time. PE/EU has never been easy IMO even when I started long ago there were daunting challenges back then as there are now. It was not all skill fapping and TTing shadow arms for everyone like I hear. I guess that is where I was trying to go with my prior post. Each variation of PE/EU comes with its own set of challenges and improvements how each of us reacts to those changes can determine how successful or not successful you are. I see more new names globalling, HOFing, ATHing, and finding discoveries than in the past. People will come and go and come back again and go from EU that is just the nature of it. That has been happening since before I started.

I think CE2 will attract more new people and with the introduction of other planets and other content I think we will see a lot of spill over from planet to planet. That is just my opinion though we really don't know until it happens. TI and CND brought in a lot of people many of whom are still here today playing EU their own way. Some deposit and others figure out a way to get what they want without depositing.

I am by no means an uber in EU and I don't have all the answers to all the riddles MA throws at us. I just know that its possible to achieve your goals on a budget. I have done it as have many before me and probably many after me.

I can remember starting PE and seeing people like Stakkan and Starman getting great loots and realizing if I wanted to enjoy that I had to start grinding, make mistakes, learn from them, and play within my means. There was no SIB, or skill chips, or mentors back then it was up to each person to figure out what worked and what did not. Heck I did not even know there was a forum for PE at the time :laugh:

I am still trying to catch those guys in terms of skill :ahh: hehehe its been quite a challenge and along the way I have learned a few things about PE and EU that make me stick around.

Snakecharmer, why not make it your goal to climb over that mid-level wall? Whether you sink or swim I can bet you will learn things about EU I don't even know. Nothing is as sweet as actually achieving a goal in EU because it is that difficult.

I guess EU has always been about balancing what I like to do with what I need to do to remain self sufficient. Sometimes its meant I have had sacrifice here and there to accomplish my goals other times I have happened upon a good loot on my goal quest which has helped. There have been times I have had to wait a number of VUs before I see any results if any at all.

Ahhh well I don't mean to ramble I just know if you sit around waiting for MA to change certain parameters of EU which they may or may not do you can miss things that are happening right now.

What's the Hurry?

My personal feeling is that the time it takes to advance is a good thing.

I am enjoying the triple skills available right now, but only because it is special and limited. I would not want skills to go up anywhere near this fast under normal circumstances. Too easy is no fun, and too fast is just another game. The extended time-frame and open-ended, unscripted experience - combined with the RCE - is what makes me committed to FPC as my virtual home.

I started after the major skill nerf, but I find skill progression to be quite reasonable. I also think the fact that it gets harder the father you reach to be both logical and appropriate.

It is the journey, not the destination. The main reason I have no desire to chip in skills is precisely that I don't want to take any short cuts. I have risen from a sweating to noob to a 'cool' hunter in less than 2 years of daily play, just a few hours a day. I am still not even mid-level, yet I have come so far. The last place I would like to reach in FPC is the end. Since there is no end, and since I will never catch those who started sooner or committed themselves more fully, (or both), I don't have to worry about that.

Of course things could be better, and many things can be improved. I feel more confident than ever that, on the whole, they will be. It will never be perfect, but what is? Likewise (in a nod to the topic), the PoE Armor event is open to everyone equally. The chance of success is not equal, nor should it be. More money, more time, more skills, more knowledge; all of these thing improve your chances. Frankly, the thought that even I, with one lucky loot, could win an armor set miles beyond my needs, and worth thousands, seems kind of silly. Sure I would love it, but the prospect having to gather a variety items by whatever means you bring to the task, all the while uncertain of success and so not without considerable risk, is far more interesting.

Once you reach the end, all you have left are the memories. As long as you are on your journey, you have the experience. The ongoing experience is what matters to me. Memories can wait.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
... Frankly, the thought that even I, with one lucky loot, could win an armor set miles beyond my needs, and worth thousands, seems kind of silly. Sure I would love it, but the prospect having to gather a variety items by whatever means you bring to the task, all the while uncertain of success and so not without considerable risk, is far more interesting.

Once you reach the end, all you have left are the memories. As long as you are on your journey, you have the experience. The ongoing experience is what matters to me. Memories can wait.

:beerchug:

Miles

Well, a armour like that can be reached quite fast sometimes :D
Was almost broke when I started the hunts yesterday, always made a smal profit until my "luck" in getting 9 PEDs worth in TT and due to the insane markup the special loot had, getting almost 2k PEDs for that. It fulfilled a little dream and I surely have now what I consider an uber armour :D
On the one side I feel a bit sorry, that I took so much from others, on the other it was their greed that made them pay.
Sometimes, the little things are those that give the most :D

As the Exceptional Robot Optical Lense is going for around 50 ped right now, I sure do hope that MA will let us trade them in for a something nice like a "defender berea" or something at the end of the event. I'd hate to think that all the PED I burned on bots was for nothing. Just let us trade it in for something to say thanks for busting your ass on those bots! *hint hint* MA!

So... lets just says, theoretically :silly2:, that one has all the parts collected, what does one do now? How/where do we trade these in Marco?

Considering it says that the scientists need these parts to study to to gain knowledge regarding the robot technology id guess the sooner the better? also since we dont know when the invasionattempt stops...? :)

im sure they let us know in time what to do :smoke:

I like Cake!

W00t! Good luck :D

At the moment a newbie can loot pixie or goblin fairly easy, perhaps even shogun, but that's about it. How many people do you know that looted all parts for even just vigi by themselves? (and i'm not even getting started about how people loot the wrong gender item for themselves or how only EU alone manages to make the gender selection in the beginning an important decision for the possibility to get armor sets cheaper).
To me it is quit obvious that you don't need to loot all parts of what you want by your self. This is not a single player game after all. There are lots and lots of people around to trade with.
I'd even go as far as saying you are not supposed to loot everything you want/need on your own. What would be the point of having an MMO if every one just played it as a single player game and didn't trade with others?

How can I trade items to PoE ?

Hi,
Anyone can tell me clear how (where and when) can I to trade my 21 pices (15+5+1) to an PoE set ? :scratch2:

im sure they let us know in time what to do :smoke:

Considering they said that there is neither timelimit on this, nor any limit to how many parts can drop, the "lets just wait and see" thingy doesnt really work... IF its possible to loot parts for lets say 20 sets in total given enough time it should be the 15 first to finish that got them shouldnt it? ;)

Back