EF Rules Discussion

Status
Hm. If birthday threads are not allowed just because people might be unable to read it, why then do we have memorial threads :scratch2:

Hm. If birthday threads are not allowed just because people might be unable to read it, why then do we have memorial threads :scratch2:

I made my statement of why this particular thread was removed:

The thread was not deleted because "I don't like Knuckles". Actually, I find him quite entertaining at times.

It was deleted because Knuckles has been banned from this forum (along with several other EU community forums) long before I took over. I see no reason to have a birthday thread for a person who is not a member of this forum (especially when such a thread is likely to spark controversy and disrupt the community here).

In additon, Knuckles has also created a multitude of fake accounts to undermine the mission of EntropiaForum by disrupting mature and valid discussions of EntropiaUniverse. While these duplicate accounts have all been banned when found, Knuckles indeed brags about his 'exploits' and even instructs others how to do the same.

Also, I agree with many of the reasons Pinky outlined. This thread was clearly created to once again stir up some fictional 'forum war' that I have no interest in participating in. I have done my best to minimize the disruptive effects of such hate campaigns here on EF.

I apologize to any members who come to EF simply looking for information and interaction about EntropiaUniverse, and instead get a heavy dose of drama, conspiracies and such. That is not the mission of EntropiaForum, and it is my and the moderators job to keep the discussion on this forum focused on EntropiaUniverse, not soap operas and petty squabbles.

Notice that nowhere in this post was the inability of someone to view the thread given as a reason for its removal. Unregistered visitiors and non logged in members can view all forum threads on EntropiaForum, thus even banned members can see all threads on the forum. Therefore, the deletion of the thread had nothing to do with whether the person can read it or not.

As for the questions of "what rule did this thread break?", my response is that any thread that is likely to cause disruption or unnecessary drama on the forum can and will be removed. The forum rules state this quite clearly:

forum rules said:
While the above rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate all circumstances. Consequently, EntropiaForum administrators reserve the right to take any actions deemed appropriate to ensure that the forum is not disrupted or abused in any way, or that any of our members are harassed.

711 said:
This thread was clearly created to once again stir up some fictional 'forum war'

for the ecord i resent this statement, if i had wanted to stir up shit i would have concentrated on multiple avtars etc. the thread had no 2nd purpose and no hidden genda, it was simply a birthay thread. thats it, i am afraid the rest is all paranoia.
but ppl can tell themselves what they like to justify thier actions

I can not bielive the thread was made as an innocent thread to wish happy BD to a friend.Saying that is just plain lie;and we all know that.

Cause you dont beleive its a lie? Didnt realise you were the oracle but sorry you dont speak for me!

As far as i was aware this is meant to be a public forum so everyone is welcome. If not then the whole forum should be private and hidden to registered users only.

for the ecord i resent this statement, if i had wanted to stir up shit i would have concentrated on multiple avtars etc. the thread had no 2nd purpose and no hidden genda, it was simply a birthay thread. thats it, i am afraid the rest is all paranoia.
but ppl can tell themselves what they like to justify thier actions

maybe you didnt have a 2nd agenda but you must realise the chances of it turning into a big shit storm were rather high, noone is that naive

Originally Posted by forum rules
While the above rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate all circumstances. Consequently, EntropiaForum administrators reserve the right to take any actions deemed appropriate to ensure that the forum is not disrupted or abused in any way, or that any of our members are harassed.

Sounds very close like "let's go to bomb that tiny nation before they think to do it with us". Rules are rules and I accepted them makeing a account here. Anyway I hope to see openings instead than more restrinctions.

Well that's probably the dumbest and most disrespectful post I've read this week on any forum, ER included.

Or are you expecting people to agree with you?

"Yes, we shouldn't be allowed to remember someone just because they're dead and don't know it."

:rolleyes:

Good question...
But i think thats 2 diferent things.

BD is suposed to wish nice things to someone you like , when memorial is selfish people that whine because they wont enjoy anymore presence of someone.
And before evryone come after me with flaming.First , try to see why you cry and what you do when close people die... its very selfish himo.
Personaly , i dont have any specific religion , but i still bielive earth is a step on the whole cycle , and i am happy the person is now in the next step of his cycle.

But the main point , and the one that should not be forget is , why create that thread...
The one who created it , do have an acount at the same forum, where the persone he wish BD to got one.
What is point to wish a happy BD here when the person is banned... i still fail to see any logic to that , beside
1) trying to create drama and stirup shit(seems work good)
2) working at MA and having same logic as them

Good question...
But the main point , and the one that should not be forget is , why create that thread...
The one who created it , do have an acount at the same forum, where the persone he wish BD to got one.
What is point to wish a happy BD here when the person is banned... i still fail to see any logic to that , beside
1) trying to create drama and stirup shit(seems work good)
2) working at MA and having same logic as them

i resent the accusation eto

i must be trying to cause drama? trust me theres more than enough drama around already. maybe u should ask urself why thers drama, if the thread had been left alone, a few peeps would have said gratz, hav a cool day. and that would have been it. but no, theres some over the top reaction and suddenly theres a mountain out of a molehill
ma logic? lol

had it even crossed ur mind that maybe it wasnt some mailcious attack? trust me if i wanted to launch a attack theres much better ammunition to use that a birthday.......

some peeps here know him but maybe didnt know it was his birthday and i thought it would be a nice gesture to let them know about it.... and guess what if u dont like him and dont wanna know, then u didnt need to read a greeting.

dont try to make out i am stirring up shit, if i was i would have posted about it on er wouldnt i? and did i? no! so dont make me out to be the bad guy for a honest gesture

did u actualy see the original post? i doubt it

geez, this is dumb, its a birthday ffs, how evil can a birthday be?

geez, this is dumb, its a birthday ffs, how evil can a birthday be?

I agree. How hard can it be to see what that thread had the potential to turn in to?

regardless of how harmless your original post was.

i resent the accusation eto

i must be trying to cause drama? trust me theres more than enough drama around already. maybe u should ask urself why thers drama, if the thread had been left alone, a few peeps would have said gratz, hav a cool day. and that would have been it. but no, theres some over the top reaction and suddenly theres a mountain out of a molehill
ma logic? lol

Ask your self ... Ask your self.... nice saying , do it a bit too...
Who make a behemon out of a chirpy here.
Neo own the forum , neo pay the bill , he think that thread is not welcome , he delette thread.End of story.
But no , there come the need to make thread about dictatoship , where pinky say , she "understand neo" and so come thread on ER to say how pinky is a fagot brownoze shit bad girl that smell like longu ass...
Hey guy , calm down.
Have a rest , and look at what happen.
Knukles IS banned , he his banned since years.If you whant provide info about knukles health to his friend , do it an other way.

had it even crossed ur mind that maybe it wasnt some mailcious attack? trust me if i wanted to launch a attack theres much better ammunition to use that a birthday.......

So , you will tell me that has never crossed your mind that thread will be deleted or it will go in flame war... You , at any second when making that thread , or after , did think that will turn out shity...

some peeps here know him but maybe didnt know it was his birthday and i thought it would be a nice gesture to let them know about it.... and guess what if u dont like him and dont wanna know, then u didnt need to read a greeting.

I havent read it , as i dont read any BD thread.I dont provide my bd date , as i personaly dont care about such things.I never wish BD to friend or family...
People should give more attention to other on normal day , and there would not need a BD to remind you to be nice with friend...
I just dont like any kind of date created to remind you to have a normal behavior with someone because he is black , woman , poor , secretary , gay or what ever.
I prefer try to be nice all days , and dont have any special day to stigmatise my stupidy from the nomal time.

So , i havent read that greeting , and i dont care of it.I personally dont care about the whole things.i just think it was lame enought to make that thread here , and there was no need to come with all that drama.

Once again , i think a group of people should step down from their war horse , have a rest , and see the irony and stupidity of the whole situation.

I guess neo is on defencive behavior , and will probably delette anything that seems like an atack.That BD thread was not clever at all to make things calm down.

Ask your self ... Ask your self.... nice saying , do it a bit too...
Who make a behemon out of a chirpy here.
Neo own the forum , neo pay the bill , he think that thread is not welcome , he delette thread.End of story.
But no , there come the need to make thread about dictatoship , where pinky say , she "understand neo" and so come thread on ER to say how pinky is a fagot brownoze shit bad girl that smell like longu ass...

lol

ok, 2 things, i never mentioned dicttorship, i posted asking why the thread was removed as i hoestly didnt see any problem with the original post, thats why i was so mad as i felt the delete was a over-reaction. but now i accept that was a bad move and i hold my hands up to that

and 2, if u read the posts on er u would have seen i was asking ppl to lay off pinky as she was just giving her view so pls dont accuse me of attacking her

So , you will tell me that has never crossed your mind that thread will be deleted or it will go in flame war... You , at any second when making that thread , or after , did think that will turn out shity...

thats correct

i thought "oh its a birthday, i'll post a greeting" thats it, ok i'll hold my hands up for not thinking about how everyone would react, but ffs is was a birthday, do u really sit and think about that kinda shit when ur posting a happy thread? i hadnt even considered neo wanting to delete it, why, cos theres loads of birthday threads about ppl who are not of ef

if i am honest it wasnt untill after neo went on a deleting spree that i figured it was going bad, but by then i was mad and it was too late anyway.

I havent read it , as i dont read any BD thread.I dont provide my bd date , as i personaly dont care about such things.I never wish BD to friend or family...
People should give more attention to other on normal day , and there would not need a BD to remind you to be nice with friend...
I just dont like any kind of date created to remind you to have a normal behavior with someone because he is black , woman , poor , secretary , gay or what ever.
I prefer try to be nice all days , and dont have any special day to stigmatise my stupidy from the nomal time.

So , i havent read that greeting , and i dont care of it.I personally dont care about the whole things.i just think it was lame enought to make that thread here , and there was no need to come with all that drama.

ok i never realised that neo has so much hatred for knuckles, thats my mistake.. .but lame? drama? that was done by the "freestle" modding that kicked in. i hve never in my life seen this much drama over a birthday, even when ppl i dont like have a bd i wish them well, imo a bd is ment to be a happy day. lol i was even hoping neo might unlock them for a day as a nice gesture, shows how dumb i was and how i totaly underestimated the anger

i'll share some personal thoughts with u here... after the whole thing kicked off i felt real guilty/angry, not from the reaction in ef, but cos i felt i had put a damper on his bd. u prolly wont believe me tho. imo its the one day of the year ppl should put aside thier differences and just wish each other well.... but thats my mistake and i have learnt a lot from it

Once again , i think a group of people should step down from their war horse , have a rest , and see the irony and stupidity of the whole situation.

I guess neo is on defencive behavior , and will probably delette anything that seems like an atack.That BD thread was not clever at all to make things calm down.

i got off my war horse the moment it wasnt his bd anymore, cos nothing can be done then. since then i have only replied when ppl have made direct accusations against me
i honestly dont see the point of removing the happy thread and leaving the pissed off one, i still think it would have been wiser to delete that one and to leave/lock the bd one, then everyones happy

but if u had actualy seen the thread i started u wouldnt know there was no malice, no anger, no agression, nothing.... ok there was a funny pic of a cake and a lil jpeg of a bd card, but i am sure most ppl can see that if i'm googling funny cakes to post then its unlikely that i am trying to start any kinda war

sure, i overeacted when neo deleted the thread, i admit that, and i am adult enough to hold my hands up to not thinking it all tru, and i am also guilty of posting too fast as i just saw that it was midnight in sweden and wanted to get a greeting in nice n fast. but i wont stand by when ppl try to twist that into some forum-war shit, theres always been a choice of forums for ppl to use, so how is now any different?

it was neos decision to leave that thread there. in pm i asked him to delete the one criticising and to reinstate the one saying HB, sure lock it if u like, but tht way ppl could see oh its his bday, but theres a locked thread so noone can flame etc... that was sensible i thought, but neo wasnt up for it, maybe it would have been harder to make me out to be the bad guy ... dunno

ppl can attack me for not thinking of the concequences, ppl can have a pop for not thikng it thru, ppl can even have a go for me not taking neo's precious feelings into consideration. all of that is fine. but when ppl who didnt even see the post come and tell me that i was stirring shit then i get mad, and i feel the need to defend myself

this is a done deal for me now, lets let if float into history. i've certainly learnt a lot from this experiance. anyway this thread was posted in to see what rules were broken, not to debate the rights and wrongs, as we prolly both made mistakes

i'm done for this thread, if u want to tell me how wrong i am or chat further then pm me

Two of my questions/suggestions were ignored now, no point saying them again I think.

This thread was viciously moderated by 711:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?&p=967859

And I can see why.

But why is Stryker allowed to name scammers?
Rule #14 has no effect here?

Rule # 14
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific EntropiaUniverse avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT allowed. Such threads or posts will be edited/deleted or locked without notice.

Two of my questions/suggestions were ignored now, no point saying them again I think.

I'll review the thread to see any questions I may have missed.

This thread was viciously moderated by 711:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?&p=967859

And I can see why.

'Viciously'? :confused:

All posts by Jake123 were removed, as this was a fake account of a banned member. Any posts which quoted one of Jake123's removed posts was either deleted (when there was no substantial reply) or edited to remove the quote.
It makes no sense to delete a post but leave quotes of the deleted post intact.

Any other posts that were deleted were wildly off-topic or violated some other forum rule. In all cases, the applicable forum rule is cited in the note under the deleted posts.

But why is Stryker allowed to name scammers?
Rule #14 has no effect here?

This issue began well before Rule #14 was added, and many members of the community are quite aware of many of the circumstances involved. The purpose of Rule #14 is to prevent unfounded accusations and smear campaigns. The bulk of Stryker's thread relates to accusations and attacks made against himself by other participants, here on EF and other venues; the references to RJN are provided as context for those unfamiliar with the situation.

In any case, the thread has been locked, and would have been locked much sooner if one of the moderators or admins had seen it.

Finally, this thread is for the discussion for the forum rules as they exist, not the application of such rules. The purpose of this thread is not for you to comment on every admin or moderator decision that you may not agree with. If you have questions regarding such issues, feel free to contact me directly via PM.

In light of current developments I kindly do request the deactivation of rule #18 for a duration of maybe a month and furthermore the creation of a section "EntropiaForum > Information > Quitting Players".

This will help keeping the overview and make it easier to say goodbye to the players who leave.

This is not a demand but a request to consider.
So please do think on that 711, thank you.

I just saw your reply 711. Better late then never, I guess.

'Viciously'? :confused:

Yes. Viciously in the sense that a lot was cut out of it.

And I told you I understood why, so please spare me that lecture next time.

This issue began well before Rule #14 was added, and many members of the community are quite aware of many of the circumstances involved. The purpose of Rule #14 is to prevent unfounded accusations and smear campaigns. The bulk of Stryker's thread relates to accusations and attacks made against himself by other participants, here on EF and other venues; the references to RJN are provided as context for those unfamiliar with the situation.

Finally, this thread is for the discussion for the forum rules as they exist, not the application of such rules. The purpose of this thread is not for you to comment on every admin or moderator decision that you may not agree with. If you have questions regarding such issues, feel free to contact me directly via PM.

Funny, I thought the rules were to be applied as they exist and not to times past.

And of course this is for discussing rules. But how are you supposed to discuss them if you are not allowed to discuss what they mean? :scratch2:

In light of current developments I kindly do request the deactivation of rule #18 for a duration of maybe a month and furthermore the creation of a section "EntropiaForum > Information > Quitting Players".

This will help keeping the overview and make it easier to say goodbye to the players who leave.

This is not a demand but a request to consider.
So please do think on that 711, thank you.

Pirx,

Please bear in mind that EntropiaForum is a fan forum for EntropiaUniverse. Quitting threads are counter to the mission of this forum.

The vast majority of members and visitors to EF come here for discussion and information about EntropiaUniverse, not to read complaint threads and posts of those who are so discontent with EU that they are moving on. The very nature of gaming forums results in a natural imbalance: those who are satisified are busy enjoying the game or universe, while those who are discontent, in a bad mood or unhappy often spend more time whining and complaining on the forums.

This rather common gaming forum phenomenon is magnified with EntropiaUniverse for several reasons:

• An extremely passionate community
  • Real-cash economy which will always result in some 'winners' and some 'losers' due to the dynamic loot distribution.
  • Personal attachment to one's in-world avatar
  • Society and friendship bonds are much stronger in our virtual universe

This is not to say that all threads must be positive, or full of praise of Mindark (a glance at the dozens of threads and thousands of posts regarding the new VU should make that point clear). However, even posts that are critical are at their core attempts to share ideas on improving EntropiaUniverse. Quitting threads do not share this intent, and the overwhelming majority of such threads are filled with bitterness, flaming and an overall negative attitude, which is why MindBuster added this rule initially.

Sorry but this rule is a fundamental part of the mission of EntropiaForum, and thus will not be repealed or suspended.

This is not to say that all threads must be positive, or full of praise of Mindark (a glance at the dozens of threads and thousands of posts regarding the new VU should make that point clear). However, even posts that are critical are at their core attempts to share ideas on improving EntropiaUniverse.

[sarcasm]What? Where have you ever seen a thread like that?[/sarcasm]
:boxer:

Pirx,

Please bear in mind that EntropiaForum is a fan forum for EntropiaUniverse.

Is it not possible, though, that people might be fans of the product, and yet have problems with the approach the company takes?

Personally I've still got a very soft spot for PE. However, Mindark seems to have taken a decision to take the game completely down another road.

Is it impossible for people to be a fan of PE, and yet to be a staunch critic to MindArk?

Not trying to cause any drama here, and no sarcasm in this post (Wow. I thought I'd never live to see that day). Just genuinely wondering. AFAIK MS9 has always been one of the most vocal fans of PE. Heck, I bet that her posts either drew in, or kept in more people than the posts of many.

I still think she's a PE fan. She just doesn't like MA, just like a whole lot of people out there. I totally understand that her thread (also) got locked, that's only fair towards the rest of the community whose threads get locked/deleted.

But aren't people at least allowed to voice their issues? I thought she did so in a very articulate and decent way. In the long run, squashing criticism towards MA will come and bite you in the ass. Because if the new Brasilian people or the Chinese gamers arrive and all they see is bunnies, flowers, and sunshine on these forums, they'll be in for one heck of a wakeup call.

Just my (non-taxed) 2 pec.

Is it not possible, though, that people might be fans of the product, and yet have problems with the approach the company takes?

Personally I've still got a very soft spot for PE. However, Mindark seems to have taken a decision to take the game completely down another road.

Is it impossible for people to be a fan of PE, and yet to be a staunch critic to MindArk?

Not trying to cause any drama here, and no sarcasm in this post (Wow. I thought I'd never live to see that day). Just genuinely wondering. AFAIK MS9 has always been one of the most vocal fans of PE. Heck, I bet that her posts either drew in, or kept in more people than the posts of many.

I still think she's a PE fan. She just doesn't like MA, just like a whole lot of people out there. I totally understand that her thread (also) got locked, that's only fair towards the rest of the community whose threads get locked/deleted.

But aren't people at least allowed to voice their issues? I thought she did so in a very articulate and decent way. In the long run, squashing criticism towards MA will come and bite you in the ass. Because if the new Brasilian people or the Chinese gamers arrive and all they see is bunnies, flowers, and sunshine on these forums, they'll be in for one heck of a wakeup call.

Just my (non-taxed) 2 pec.

Constructive criticism is not discouraged; there are literally thousands of such threads here on EF.

However this issue is quite apart from the rule regarding quitting threads. Please reread my previous post in this thread where I attempt to make that difference clear.

Pirx,

Please bear in mind that EntropiaForum is a fan forum for EntropiaUniverse. Quitting threads are counter to the mission of this forum.

The vast majority of members and visitors to EF come here for discussion and information about EntropiaUniverse, not to read complaint threads and posts of those who are so discontent with EU that they are moving on. The very nature of gaming forums results in a natural imbalance: those who are satisified are busy enjoying the game or universe, while those who are discontent, in a bad mood or unhappy often spend more time whining and complaining on the forums.

This rather common gaming forum phenomenon is magnified with EntropiaUniverse for several reasons:

• An extremely passionate community
  • Real-cash economy which will always result in some 'winners' and some 'losers' due to the dynamic loot distribution.
  • Personal attachment to one's in-world avatar
  • Society and friendship bonds are much stronger in our virtual universe

This is not to say that all threads must be positive, or full of praise of Mindark (a glance at the dozens of threads and thousands of posts regarding the new VU should make that point clear). However, even posts that are critical are at their core attempts to share ideas on improving EntropiaUniverse. Quitting threads do not share this intent, and the overwhelming majority of such threads are filled with bitterness, flaming and an overall negative attitude, which is why MindBuster added this rule initially.

Sorry but this rule is a fundamental part of the mission of EntropiaForum, and thus will not be repealed or suspended.

I am with your arguments all the way.
What I kindly request is a special area in which whining or negativity is specifically forbidden, but the people are allowed to announce their leave.

I am a passionate fan of EU but I am not a passionate fan for MindArk.
This is a very important distinction.
Please bear in mind that the customers wishes naturally differ from the producers wishes.
You are giving MA a lot of power with the way you act out the rules.
To be honest it is easier to post positive criticism in other forums than in this forum, which should be the #1 fan forum for EU.

Just think about creating a quitting section, where whining explicitly is forbidden.
If you should do it I am sure you will be surprised that suddenly a lot of moderating work is gone.

Edit: Oh and if possible you could set it up like the diaries, so no replies are allowed.

Last edited:
Constructive criticism is not discouraged; there are literally thousands of such threads here on EF.

However this issue is quite apart from the rule regarding quitting threads. Please reread my previous post in this thread where I attempt to make that difference clear.

Well. I was expecting exactly that reply.

However, that does not remove the issue I mentioned. It's obvious MindBuster and you want this place to be some kind of a Teletubbies representation of PE. MindBuster because it's his little milkcow, you because you have tens of thousands invested in the game.

What I'm saying is that you're shooting yourself in the foot in the long run. People can come here, read stuff, and then decide for themselves. If you leave "whining" as it's so often called on the forum, what's wrong with letting people state the exact reasons why they leave?

What's the difference, really? So I can constructively complain until I'm blue in the face (which I have tried doing). That's allowed. I can bitch and whine, as long as I keep it within certain reasons (which I've done). I can pretty much say what I can prove to show the world MindArk is in fact, the dark side.

But I cannot sum up those reasons in a single post when I leave?

But I cannot sum up those reasons in a single post when I leave?

I'm sure my friends would ban me from telling them I'm giving up smoking if they could ;)

I'm sure my friends would ban me from telling them I'm giving up smoking if they could ;)

Peter Stuyvesant, Philip Morris, and Lucky Strike are not good friends to have though ;)

Status
Back