Enhancements to Entropia Forum

mrproper said:
Add them to your favorites. If you don't have one added, find a fovorite one and click "View all of Mudikicker's images"

OK, but it would be easier just to have a link on top of page that says "My Gallery"? :D

MudKicker said:
OK, but it would be easier just to have a link on top of page that says "My Gallery"? :D

True, I always had a hard time finding my pics, so now I mark them all as favorites. I concur that this feature is useful.

OK, got another Idea :D

It's an Improvment to the reputation system, just a small one, but usefull.

Aswell as stating the topic the rep was given In, It should also state the post number. I think this would be particularly useful for big topics, where you've made several posts.

Dom_sufc said:
OK, got another Idea :D

It's an Improvment to the reputation system, just a small one, but usefull.

Aswell as stating the topic the rep was given In, It should also state the post number. I think this would be particularly useful for big topics, where you've made several posts.

When you click the little link with the thread title (first column) you get to the exact post you received your rep. If you want the post number, look at the link.

mrproper said:
When you click the little link with the thread title (first column) you get to the exact post you received your rep. If you want the post number, look at the link.

Wow, out of maybe 4 Ideas I've had, 2 are already features :laugh:

Don't I feel daft. Again... Hehehe.

I knew about the Topic Title bit, just not that it went to the exact post from which It was repped. Ah well. +rep & ty :)

Not knowing how many pics I could post on a thread, I started with about 25 lol

then tried 20, 15 and so on until I got fed up and so called "spammed" and got -rep for 4 same titled threads but with different global pics in.

Well, everyone has to start somewhere.

Would help if the Post Error Message said something like " Sorry, but you can't post more than 6 pictures at one time, please add more to your thread later, have a nice day! :) "

711 said:
My biggest excitment in acquiring EntropiaForum is the prospect of adding new features and tools that will make our members' time spent on the forum more productive and enjoyable.

I have some ideas already in mind, but I thought it would be a great help to hear YOUR ideas on what features you would like to see added, to make your time spent here more enjoyable and productive, and increase communication in the community.

We have alot of very bright, creative folks here so I am looking forward to your ideas, so let loose in this thread!

Ok, lots of pages of ideas have gone by, this thread has been open since 8/31/06, yet, im not sure anything has actually changed. Other than the donate link going away.

711, me thinks your kind of following in the ways of MA, ask for input, yet nothing appears for months....not a dig, just an observation.

Can you at least post a synopsis of changes you are actively looking at making to the forums? Or do you want us to just mindlessly continue throwing ideas at the wall like jello and see if any of them stick?

Regards,

NetStalker said:
Ok, lots of pages of ideas have gone by, this thread has been open since 8/31/06, yet, im not sure anything has actually changed. Other than the donate link going away.

711, me thinks your kind of following in the ways of MA, ask for input, yet nothing appears for months....not a dig, just an observation.

Can you at least post a synopsis of changes you are actively looking at making to the forums? Or do you want us to just mindlessly continue throwing ideas at the wall like jello and see if any of them stick?

Regards,
Netstalker,

I have been working the last few weeks on exploring the available upgrades for vBulletin, and how such an upgrade might affect current functionality of the site and what new tools would become available. This is a delicate effort, and requires research before plunging into changes.

Perhaps you are not aware, but EF is currently running version 3.0 of vBulletin. The latest version of vbulletin is 3.6; this means that EF is 6 FULL VERSIONS behind. The reason MB chose not to update to newer versions is that things like the reputation system were not supported in the newer versions. Since the rep system is a big part of this forum, MB decided that adding new functionality was not worth losing things that EF members really enjoy about EF. As time passes, add-ons that make the rep system and other modules compatible with newer versions of vbulletin become available. I am now working through all of these scenarios to determine the best way to upgrade, add exciting new tools and features, while not dramatically affecting the existing functionality that EF members have come to love about this forum.

I am indeed using this thread for ideas when checking out the various modules and add-ons to newer versions of vBulletin, to hopefully add some of the features requested by our members.

I am sorry if this process is taking too long for your tastes, but I'd rather move forward carefully, and be sure that the upgrades and new features we decide to implement not only enhance EF, but also cause as little discomfort to our members as possible in the upgrade process.

Last edited:
NetStalker said:

Regards,

When I saw this thread reappear In my User CP, I thought exactly the same. (But a bit more basic :D )

All these Ideas. And no mention of change. With all the controversy over your hidden Identity ect one would think you'd be trying to get the community on your side. You've bought the car, and left It to rust In the garage.

711 said:
Netstalker,

I have been working the last few weeks on exploring the available upgrades for vbulletin, and how such an upgrade will affect current functionality of the site, and what new tools would become available. This is a delicate effort, and requires research before plunging into changes.

Perhaps you are not aware, but EF is currently running version 3.0 of vbulletin. The latest version of vbulletin is 3.6; this means that EF is 6 FULL VERSIONS behind. The reason MB chose not to update to newer versions is that things like the reputation system were not supported in newer version. Since the rep system is a big part of this forum, MB decided that adding new functionality was not worth losing things that EF members really enjoy about EF. As time passes, add-ons that make the rep system and other modules compatible with newer version of vbulletin become available. I am now working through all of these scenarios to determine the best way to upgrade, add exciting new tools and features, while not dramatically affecting existing functionality, that EF members have come to love about this forum.

I also am using this thread for ideas when checking out the various modules and add-ons to newer version of vbulletin, to hopefully add those items requested by our members.

I am sorry if this process is taking too long for your tastes, but I'd rather move forward carefully, and be sure that the upgrades and new features we decide to implement not only enhance EF, but also cause as little discomfort to our members as possible in the upgrade process.

I was typing mine as this was posted... Lets hope you stick to your word.

Good luck.

711 said:

As I stated, this was not a dig at you, just a request for info. By all means take all the time you want. I, and I wont speak for others, am just looking for an update.

Thanks for your more than adequate response and time.

Good luck and regards.

(and yes I am familiar with this version of vBulletin, I run 3 myself for internal intranet forums for the State of Arizona. 3.0.1, 3.0.3 and 3.0.5 are the major version numbers I support. And yes, taking the rep system away would piss a ton of folks off.)

NetStalker said:
(and yes I am familiar with this version of vBulletin, I run 3 myself for internal intranet forums for the State of Arizona. 3.0.1, 3.0.3 and 3.0.5 are the major version numbers I support.

*Head explodes*

Dom_sufc said:
*Head explodes*

lol, maybe i should clarify a bit.

I installed and monitor the boards, but they are purely business related and I dont have all the *ahem* crap that goes along with a public board.

However, changing the forums between versions is dicey at best and I avoid it like the plague.

In my position, leave it alone, it works fine....

Of course, I would never post an option like 711 did for asking for enhancements or improvements to my boards either.... :D

Ok back on topic....

Skins are still at the top of my wish list.

This is just my two-pecs on the subject, since I have not yet weighed in. I cannot think of anything that needs changing on this forum, apart from a few silly rules that I have long since given up ever getting changed. The 'skins' issue is a very real concern though. There are some otherwise very nice forums, that I do not frequent, as I do the EF, simply because I cannot tolerate the colour-schemes, and they are not modifiable! I hope that doesn't sound too superficial of me but it's true. I am quite pleased with the 'skin' on this forum, but to someone else who might find it unsightly, having a choice of skins would be handy.

Sincerely,
Donald

Bump this one up.

Submit all your suggestions on how EF could be improved: new features, tweaking of existing features, etc.

As I had some bad experiences with auctions on the selling division here I'd love to propose something new.

You can read the story about my bad xperience here

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47404

To avoid these situation I'd love to insert something new, at Ebay they already got it, when you recieve you item you can give the person a sort of + rep ore - rep.

The difference is that this sort of reputation shows if you can trust this person while trading, for example he already traded several items and only got +reps from the buyer, then it would be a sign that this person can be trusted.

It would also be cool if the buyers could post why they -rep or + rep the seller. For example Im trading with Mr. X and want to see his reputation and I click it. Now I see that he had 14 + reps and one - rep. He got all the + reps with comments such as, MR X is a nice guy and sold the item at the price we aggreed and met me ingame when we aggreed. At the - rep there is only one person complaining that he had to wait 2 days for his item.

Now I can conclude that MR.X is a trustworthy person.

Plz tell me your opinions ...

Ok, thought of this today.

lately for some reason, there seems to be alot of topics that have come up before. Mostly new players coming to the forum and asking questions we have answered many times, and are explained In detail In sticky threads ect.

So I propose this. For new accounts, for 1 month, everytime you go to post a thread, you have to click OK on a message that prompts you to search before you post, and maybe even links to the Sticky Threads. Also It could warn about the amount of duplicate threads that regular users like me get sick of seeing, and replying to.

Of course It would have to be short, otherwise people will click OK straight away.

This would last one month, then you no longer see this message. Of course If you think there's a better time period...

Also my other Idea. Maybe you could make the Search button In the top navigation bar, red, or bold. Or both.

Maybe you could relocate it somewhere more "in your face" Like next to the "Forums" link, and many other new places on the forum.

What do you think 711? Im open to constructive criticism, and feel free to say "Leave my forum alone noob" :D

711, do you read this thread anymore lol? Or have a pissed you off too much In the past on here? Hehe.

Anyway. New suggestion/question. Is It possible to impliment multiple picture uploads? If so, it would be great to be able to use this. More so on this forum than others due to the high amount of globals posted at once. Would be great to get them up in one go.

Each on could be specifically added to different categories if required, or you could select an option for the lot to go Into one category, ie, Global Screenshots.

Please comment on my last Idea to ;D

711, do you read this thread anymore lol? Or have a pissed you off too much In the past on here? Hehe.

Anyway. New suggestion/question. Is It possible to impliment multiple picture uploads? If so, it would be great to be able to use this. More so on this forum than others due to the high amount of globals posted at once. Would be great to get them up in one go.

Each on could be specifically added to different categories if required, or you could select an option for the lot to go Into one category, ie, Global Screenshots.

Please comment on my last Idea to ;D

I do indeed follow this thread, which provides ideas for me when browsing the customizations and modifications available for vBulletin.

As for multiple image uploads, this is not something I had planned on implementing, but I can investigate possibilities.

I do indeed follow this thread, which provides ideas for me when browsing the customizations and modifications available for vBulletin.

As for multiple image uploads, this is not something I had planned on implementing, but I can investigate possibilities.

Ok, great stuff :) The not reading bit and the over looking my posts was a joke. Hehe. Im not that much of an argumentative person ;)

What about the Ieda I posted before that? Not so much the search button, but the message? Im no coder, or even a computer techy, so I've no Idea whats possible. Just throwing out some Ideas I think may be useful.

I'll second Dom_sufc on that one - people posting profession images for the chipping thread in the skills section would save some time with multiple image uploads too...for each chip I eat its normally 14 images to upload :D

I'll second Dom_sufc on that one - people posting profession images for the chipping thread in the skills section would save some time with multiple image uploads too...for each chip I eat its normally 14 images to upload :D

There may be the problem of too much being uploaded however, so maybe for a collection of Images more than certain size would have to be made Into GIF to follow Image upload size regulations. Maybe being able to upload bigger data sizes at once could come with better values when buying Premium Memberships.

This alone would attract more buyers of them. Hell, im considering It anyway, this would tip me over the edge Into get Modified ;)

Yep would love this aswell - when I posted all those London pics it took ages :)

I know it was mentioned in some of the posts at the beginning of this thread but I'd like to see more functionality around the buddy lists. i.e. if you click on a buddy name you can go straight to their profile. If it does it now then I've never figured out how to.

I'm sure now I've realised this thread is here I'll keep adding to it when I think of things :)

However I have to say I love the forum and think it is great :) *creeps*

Seriously the work and time that has been spent so far has been great and it improves all the time :)

Someone +repped me saying It was a good idea to have it to only Prem Members, I didn't mean ONLY Prem members, but they just have the better option of been able to upload a bigger size batch of pics. Instead of having to make them GIF, like a normal member would.

This way you win for all. Everyone gets the feature, but Prem Members get the "Modified" version ;)

All good points Dom. For the record I think jpg is generally the best format to use for keeping the size down - gifs tend to be somewhat bigger!

All good points Dom. For the record I think jpg is generally the best format to use for keeping the size down - gifs tend to be somewhat bigger!

Not to mention the very high quality and low size given by .PNG sometimes ;) over jpg and gif...

Especially when exporting from the vector/dtp software.

Not to mention the very high quality and low size given by .PNG sometimes ;) over jpg and gif...

Oh right, I thought that GIF gave the smallest, but only gave you like 24 colours. Hehe, well you get the Idea ;D

No doubt. Although .png files sometimes aren't supported too well. For some reason I can't view them at work so I just get an empty placeholder instead...

I'd like to see this:

- thread starter is able to close own threads in buying/selling section

Kyl

I'd like to see this:

- thread starter is able to close own threads in buying/selling section

Kyl

You can if your a Mod Member.

Back