Entropia featured on TV

Marco|SDS

Prowler
On the Swedish science show Vetenskapsmagasinet Entropia Universe was featured - you can watch it here: http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=32256&a=580577 (scroll to the bottom and see the "3/5" entry for today's show, we are in the last five minutes or so). Some scenes from the MA office, and interviews with Magnus and Carl - I am so proud of them. =)

(and Etopia's clothing was presented on TV, fancy that! ,-)

Awesome, going to watch it now :)

ditto!

Edit: Watched it now. Its cool to see you got some coverage.
I tried freezing the tape and look for new stuff at your walls, but could only see old stuff :f
Keep up the good work :)

Last edited:
ehm.. why do they still talk from project entropia?! was the recording before the namechange?

Just saw it - VERY interesting ;) A shame it's in swedish for all the English talking people in here :(

But very nice though to us, who understands it :D

Yes, about two months or so. And as we didn't know when it was going to be aired, we elected to call it by its old name. But the ATM and New Oxford was in it though. =)

Davi-D said:
ehm.. why do they still talk from project entropia?! was the recording before the namechange?

Akoz said:
ditto!

Edit: Watched it now. Its cool to see you got some coverage.
I tried freezing the tape and look for new stuff at your walls, but could only see old stuff :f
Keep up the good work :)

*G* so did I :D ! Most of all I envy the huge screen ....I want one... :rolleyes:

Btw it's very nice to see some faces "behind" the company! Would be nice, if it was possible to see even more. Marco, you should all make us a personal video and post it in here :D

Marco| (and Etopia's clothing was presented on TV said:
I guess it worth a hof :D

BTW , shop is Lady Wolf shop at CND i think :)

Cool !! Next step : Aktuellt !

Very nice one.

For those who don't wanna see all the program from TV2, they can start at around 24:30 in the program where the EU part starts. :D

/Kjetil :cool:

Maps and charts :tongue2: :drool: ....

Can we borrow some ;) ?

Kjetil said:
Very nice one.

For those who don't wanna see all the program from TV2, they can start at around 24:30 in the program where the EU part starts. :D

Thx, you saved me alot of time.. + rep!! .
Sucks for me, Yo No Hablo Swedish :(

Nice stuff :thumbup: (despite i didn't understood anything from what was said)

mrproper said:
Maps and charts :tongue2: :drool: ....

Can we borrow some ;) ?

Ya, when Carl spoke he had lots of maps (eudoria, TI), and mobs artwork behind him.

And what are those red marks on the map, the location of the hof's? j/k :silly2:

Cougar said:
Nice stuff :thumbup: (despite i didn't understood anything from what was said)

Ya, when Carl spoke he had lots of maps (eudoria, TI), and mobs artwork behind him.

And what are those red marks on the map, the location of the hof's? j/k :silly2:

Well I had no ideea the original Eudoria map looks just like I immagined it to look at it's best. In any case, none of us have that map, and the red dots are revivals. As far as I can see it's pre VU 8.3, no Zeus North. And the plans for the moose and art galleries we are trying to make so we don't get lost in there. And what's up with the TI close-up? :confused:

Ok, you made me curious and i had installed MP9, so better it will be good !

Second, jag kan inte svensk pratar... so could anyone rip this vid, add english subs and repost link ? :p

The interesting part here is "Gorson" who ask for how much it cost for a ticket to CND. ;)

If you look close on Carl Uggla, you will see he has ear-ring in his rite ear, meenig hes gay.

So everyone saying MA is gay where 100% rite!

Anyone else notice they blacked out the name of a friend logging in? I'm trying to figure out who could be on Magnus' friend list that would cause Mindark to ask the reporter to black it out... Not only was it obscured in one static image, but the blur moved in sync with the text scrolling.

Can we start with the conspiracy theories yet?

:confused:

Noticed those too... so are employees playing PE, with usual accounts or not? You are confusing me already.

As a sidenote, on of my neigbours wears earings in both his lobes so nobody can think by mistake he is gay....

Very cool Marco. We love seeing MA's offices and decorations. I just wish I could understand the words! Anyone want to post a translation? :D

inquzor said:
If you look close on Carl Uggla, you will see he has ear-ring in his rite ear, meenig hes gay.

So everyone saying MA is gay where 100% rite!

What are you like 12 years old?

Entropia and ATMs

Hi all: my name is Joel Kom, and I'm a reporter with the the Ottawa Citizen, a newspaper in Ottawa, Canada. We're doing a story on MindArk's announcement that they're moving to let PE players take out real money from ATMs based on deals they make in the game, and I'd like to talk to people who actually play the game to get their thoughts, since it's the players who this really affects.

If you're interested and have a few minutes, could you give me a call to offer your take, preferably some time before 8:00 EST? You can get me toll-free at 1-800-267-6100 ext6871, or get me directly at 613-726-6871. Thanks, looking forward to talking.

Joel

Does it really matter who is gay and who is not ? it's suposted to be a virtual universe, so i really think that things like that dosen't really matters. There is no proffession like a gay or lesbian or hetero in PE to can it lol :D

It have been told that sometimes MA emploees playing EU so i'm not very supriced :D Magnus was kinda stressed during interview :D anyways well done :D

I just love that screen on wich Magnus was demonstrating things in PE :p kinda BIG...

//edit

Mr. Reporter i would call you, but my spoken english skills are very poor and you probably would't understand me what i'm talking :p if you want to know anything please send me an Private Message on this forum, i will be pleased to answer some questions.

Wow thank you for posting!

While being American (speaking English only) I could not understand what they where saying, but it was great seeing behind the scenes footage of your staff and work area!

Interesting to see some aspects of the soft ware you make EU with, and I was shocked to see that you have huge ass monitors to view what’s going on in EU!

Kjetil said:
The interesting part here is "Gorson" who ask for how much it cost for a ticket to CND. ;)

Yes I noticed this too :)

Well, ive talked with lots of friends about this game. When I started some years ago - they just didnt get what I was talking about. Lately I can see theres been a good year for MindArk mediawise, and the publicity has made it much easier for me to explain about what a "Virtual Universe" is all about. (I held my first lecture on the subject 1991 at the university)

Its interesting to see the difference when a real feature/science-programme makes a story about MindArk, instead of as earlier only very gaming focused programmes. Its not many games from abroad that´s taken so seriously into very traditional papers like New York Times, not to mention BBC and CNN, and many more. Not that long ago Project Entropia were more or less looked upon as a joke by some "computer magazines" in Sweden. I think they choke now when they see all the things written all around the world.

I still think the most exciting concept of Entropia is the virtuallity and the philosophy, (the endurance to hold to it too), behind the whole conceptual development. Thats what makes it for me. Theres no other product that will have such a huge impact upon future virtuallity than Entropia. Why? Cause nordic countries go for quality and conceptuallity - often carried by a pure and clean idea.

Some time ago I also had a convo with some old students of mine from my time at the university - Industrial Design, and they were really amazed of the concept of the products and tools. Even some of my artie-fartie friends was amazed of New Oxford.

I think this is the actual breakthrough for MindArk and Entropia Universe. To be accepted within the scientific and intellectual community - as an exciting progressive move within the worlds of thoughts, concepts and virtuallity.

ps. Just to mentioning it - ive just started a project with a group of journalists and computer science ppl to write a book with the working title - "Virtual Universe - a new frontier: Rebirth of the cherubs and avatars." Planned to be released next year.

Could happen I will bother you some Marco ;-)

Silver - virtually

Back