Entropia featured on TV

weee :p you will write a book.. it's gonna be a bestseller and then they gonna make a poor movie from it like they did with Doom, Bloodrayne, Mortal Kombat and few other ones :D

Lunar_PL said:
weee :p you will write a book.. it's gonna be a bestseller and then they gonna make a poor movie from it like they did with Doom, Bloodrayne, Mortal Kombat and few other ones :D

It's Uwe Boll's fault.

Far Cry (2008) (pre-production) (producer)
Postal (2007) (pre-production) (executive producer) (producer)
Seed (2007) (pre-production) (executive producer)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007) (post-production) (executive producer)
BloodRayne (2005) (executive producer)
Alone in the Dark (2005) (executive producer)
House of the Dead (2003) (producer)

^^

He's responsible for all the bad videogame movie remakes.

He needs to be shot.

edit:

Just finished watching the movie.. Overall, great job. :D you SHOULD be proud Marco! Carl seems like a cool guy.. and heck, he already got you on TV.. :laugh:

Am I the only one that took the zoomed image, tried to clean it up and figure out what avatar Magnus was playing in twin? :D

Last edited:
Nice.... too bad the only words I understand in Sweedish are Volvo,Saab,Svenska,and Ericsson. LOL.

i wanna play like they do, not just a big ass screen, but also the NO LAG AT ALL play...

ROFL Dash :laugh: so true ^^

p.s.
As I watched the part where they where developing "New Oxford", I was quite dissapointed that they didnt realized tress were growing inside Buildings and the bridge. Doesnt look right :p

w00t - I recognize the shop they are showing on CND *points at siggie* :D

Hm.. they mentioned in the clip that you allready can take out Peds converted to dollar in an IRL ATM terminal. Sound like someone at MA was a little bit too enthusiastic and gave them wrong information. Or is there something we don't know yet marco ?

Etopia said:
BTW , shop is Lady Wolf shop at CND i think :)

Wolf Grey said:
w00t - I recognize the shop they are showing on CND *points at siggie*

Yeah cool - it's my shop...I like that :D

e-lite said:
Hm.. they mentioned in the clip that you allready can take out Peds converted to dollar in an IRL ATM terminal. Sound like someone at MA was a little bit too enthusiastic and gave them wrong information. Or is there something we don't know yet marco ?

They where showing the GoldCard card+reader during that section, so I guess they meant that it was possible for MindArk to take the money directly out of our accounts when we slide that little thingy in the reader to get another fix of EU ;)

Wolf Grey said:
They where showing the GoldCard card+reader during that section, so I guess they meant that it was possible for MindArk to take the money directly out of our accounts when we slide that little thingy in the reader to get another fix of EU ;)

Yeah, I guess you're right. That must be it :D

ta ta daaa - translation!

guy in the beginning: it's already possible today to live your whole life on the internet, you don't even need to disconnect to earn your first million. people in this town, gothenburg, makes it possible.

bald guy: it's not a game, it's a virtual universe.

guy with earring: the thing we strive for is to build a better world then the existing one.

reporter: so called massive multiplayergames is nothing new. even in the 80's there was "mud", textbased adventures for a great number of players. today, the game "world of warcraft" is the biggest one, with six million players. Project Entropia is different from all other games in one imporant way.

bald guy: it's a fixed exchange rate, 10 PED, project entropia dollar, for 1 american dollar.

reporter: project entropia has it's own economic system. all the money in the paralell universe is real. instead of making money on selling the game, they make money on the fact that the users weapons, clothes and other things decay, but they users themselves can also make money.

bald guy: she is selling ticets, spacetravel ticets to club neverdie. I'm asking what the cost will be. either she ownes a spaceship of her own or she knows someone who does, so she is selling ticets for that person.
club neverdie is an asteroid that was sold to an american guy for 1.000.000 american dollar.

reporter: Jon Jacobs who bought the asteroid is hoping to make money on it's natural resources and on a nightclub. his rolemodel is the first big entrepreneur in the paralell world. David from australia bought an island for 26.000 dollar.

bald guy: David got his money back within a year after the purchase.

reporter: what does he make his money on?

bald guy: he makes money from other players that play on his island. he can impose taxes in different ways.

reporter: when we are visiting project entropia in gothenburg, they are installing armourglass and steelwalls in the entrance. we are not aloud to film there because of the safety, the company is now considered a bank. players can withdraw money from the universe from an ordinary ATM.

guy with earring: we get one question quite often, and it is about that guy who bought the asteriod, "why don't you make 10 asteroids then?" we wouldn't do that because then we would be destroying the whole economy and that would hurt us too. we have to be very careful with what we do here, to not abuse our colonists trust.

reporter: the next step in the universe is a culture-city, drawn by Ernst Billgren. in the city you can listen to lectures about art, and you are going to be able to buy virtual art to have in your virtual house but the art is also sent home to you, in the real world. in the end it's all gonna be possible to do in the virtual world. and surfing the internet becomes unnecessary.

bald guy: if you are logged in to this world... why log out from this world? why surf an ordinary boring browser?

okay, I suck at translating stuff but I hope someone will understand..
puh, that took some time..

Thank you MarlaSinger for the translation. A great job. How would we know if it wasn't anyway :D

If anybody has been to the BBC link at the bottom of the original article page, do you know what the thrid picture down is of? The one that looks like an arena, taken from an angle above. Is it actually EU? I'd like to go there :)

Regards,

Jal

nice to see EU on TV :D
& ty for the translation marla ;)

Nice, Its good to se a translation aswell...

If all goes well perhaps a English/US program will want a Report :)

MarlaSinger said:
reporter: when we are visiting project entropia in gothenburg, they are installing armourglass and steelwalls in the entrance. we are not aloud to film there because of the safety, the company is now considered a bank. players can withdraw money from the universe from an ordinary ATM.

:rofl:

Who's fault is this? :laugh:

Too many threats to MAHQ? ;D

I could do a in-movie translation of it if someone rips it for me since I have not tools for that.

If someone can do that, please PM me so you can send the file.

And also, I have no storage space to upload it anywhere, so someone has to support me with that too =P

Marla, thanks for the translation! (Yummy avatar pic, by the way... rrrrrrrrraoooww!)

One bit in that I find a bit amusing...

Some MA Guy with an Earring said:
we have to be very careful with what we do here, to not abuse our colonists trust.

Moving Shop Ships which decreased property value for some apartment owners, The whole "that's kimmi chair in your apartment" fiasco, and other equally annoying occurances...

Did the guy even keep a straight face when he said that? I doubt I could.

AG

club neverdie is an asteroid that was sold to an american guy for 1.000.000 american dollar.

Little mistake there?

AlphaGeek said:
Marla, thanks for the translation! (Yummy avatar pic, by the way... rrrrrrrrraoooww!)

One bit in that I find a bit amusing...

Moving Shop Ships which decreased property value for some apartment owners, The whole "that's kimmi chair in your apartment" fiasco, and other equally annoying occurances...

Did the guy even keep a straight face when he said that? I doubt I could.

AG

Do you really think some new TPs to ease up space travelling (dont ask me why no new tps arrived near corinth though), and some chairs are as serious as releasing a bunch of asteroids just like that? :cool:

Yes, it is odd they added a tp there considering that people bought those cheaper due to the distance to town, but on the other hand, it always felt weird to travel half the map to use a spaceship... Or see one take off =P

nice but i cant watch it is there any way to get the english version?

RUSS said:
nice but i cant watch it is there any way to get the english version?

there is no english version but I made a translation one page back :)

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, about two months or so. And as we didn't know when it was going to be aired, we elected to call it by its old name. But the ATM and New Oxford was in it though. =)

Must have been nervous Marco, mentioning New Ox and ATM and not knowing when it was going to air. Could have been beaten by the media to your own release. LOL.

Westy said:
Must have been nervous Marco, mentioning New Ox and ATM and not knowing when it was going to air. Could have been beaten by the media to your own release. LOL.

Yeah, we are living on the edge! ,-)

Marco|MindArk said:
Yeah, we are living on the edge! ,-)

want a parachute?

c.o.u.l.d. n.o.t. r.e.s.i.s.t. a.r.g.g.g.

TommyDaGreat said:
... it always felt weird to travel half the map to use a spaceship... Or see one take off =P

What!!! You can watch a spaceship take off? Really? (I'm not sure what the = P means).

Lol me or Dark is famous Ti Hanger 7 was the avatar we used to use for a shared hanger

Nice :)

eu on german tv-channel

yesterday there was a report about online games, and the possibility of making money in/off them, on a german tv-channel called sat1, which is part of a larger media-group.

the report was placed in a 'lifestyle'show, showing games like second life, wow, and, hell yeah, pe/eu, which left me like o_O

kinda weird to see such a report, showing a game that i'm actually playing, but very nice, guess we'll see some more german fellas here soon

Jal said:
What!!! You can watch a spaceship take off? Really? (I'm not sure what the = P means).

Indeed. Just stand outside a hangar as the ship takes off.

If you fail to notice, you are blind. Or they have changed it in a patch for some unknown reason. =P

Back