Entropia Universe 12.10 Release Notes

It looks like it's only the gift and newbie vehicles i.e. the RT Thing 4x4, chopper, broom and Arkadia's hoverpod.

My broom was definitely NOT a gift. Its low TT might suggest some kind of similarity to noob gifts, but we ought not to be confused about this: To apply the new vehicle decay to brooms is to cheat paying customers. I can almost hear the swoosh of the price gapping down as I write.

If MA is concerned about a lack of vehicle decay generally (and not just on gift vehicles), they must primarily be concerned about vehicles that fly. All other vehicles lose TT value through damage by mobs.

PROPOSED SOLUTION: Let mobs see air-going vehicles, take a bite out of them, and even track their movement.

How very strange it has always been that they don't.

COLLATERAL BENEFIT TO COHERENT GAMEPLAY: Players pay some kind of decay penalty for escape by air-going vehicle.

COLLATERAL BENEFIT TO POLICY ENFORCEMENT: Repeated use of airships to de-aggro mobs (escape close attack, relocate and re-tag [considered a form of exploit]) would incur some amount of deterring cost, and generally become less effective. Aggro'd mobs tracking the vehicle will arrive more quickly than the would-be hunter would like.

Doubtless, MA has in mind measures that will net far more than this idea might produce, but i think it is a good idea. It raises returns to MA from decay, but in applying a 'normal' treatment of airships by mobs, merely brings airships into line with other vehicles, while maintaining most benefits and legitimate expectations of airship ownership already bought and paid for by players.

Gift vehicles are another story entirely. A court of equity will not uphold property rights for the mere recipient of largesse.

Last edited:
ok, who's nicked all the spideys, exa and atrox from Takuta Plateau?

Is it me or did the Herman-ASI 40 just got bumped up 7 lvls in requirment. 30 to 37. :(

...and the ASI-40 Arctic from 35 to 44 ffs

Makes it unusable for me now - good move MA

PROPOSED SOLUTION: Let mobs see air-going vehicles, take a bite out of them, and even track their movement.

How very strange it has always been that they don't.

COLLATERAL BENEFIT TO COHERENT GAMEPLAY: Players pay some kind of decay penalty for escape by air-going vehicle.

COLLATERAL BENEFIT TO POLICY ENFORCEMENT: Repeated use of airships to de-aggro mobs (escape close attack, relocate and re-tag [considered a form of exploit]) would incur some amount of deterring cost, and generally become less effective. Aggro'd mobs tracking the vehicle will arrive more quickly than the would-be hunter would like.
This would have been better in my opinion.

My broom was definitely NOT a gift.

Exactly. One thing is non-tradeable gifts and another is stuff that was traded for up to 300 ped because the buyers were sure they don't risk anything. And people still believe in "investments"...

Also, how come Spear mk1 is a "gift" if the mission broker traded it to me for the power cell that I crafted, which did cost me about 50 peds back then?

Last edited:
I really, really wonder what they could had done, in the time it took to make this, maybe something usefull instead? Naaaahh.

Is it me or did the Herman-ASI 40 just got bumped up 7 lvls in requirment. 30 to 37. :(
Well the last VU brought the Katsuichi Retro series of Longblades, whose dps is equivalent to existing swords 13 levels below.

Looks like MA are progressively inflating the skill requirements all round, meaning it will take a lot longer to kill the same mobs. Meanwhile they are rebalancing the mobs themselves.

The purpose of new components is now clear, expect to see the new components and new, devalued, weapons becoming common, and older, better, L weapons becoming rarer.

Note the already rising prices for Basic Target Assessment Units, and similar.

Last edited:
What the f:mad:ck MA? Now I`m unmaxed with all my guns :mad::mad::mad:. You think I will pay money now ? You really funny guys.

Last edited:
There goes all vehicles that is loosing tt by driving straight into storage to never be used. There they will be used as storage boxes as long I can use there storage without loosing tt on it.

I could go along with if they where non tradeable or even planet specific but loose tt for using them in safe place, never.

Well, I just sold my broom for a nice loss, so by Murphy's Law, the vehicle decay policy will be reverted in the next mini-patch. =D

I really, really wonder what they could had done, in the time it took to make this, maybe something usefull instead? Naaaahh.

You friggin kidding me!!! They introduce Gangnam style??? Well I guess its todays trend, but what about tomorrow?

Couple of things I do like (for a change :D )

levi
-Damage increased quite a bit on all maturities but Stalker. Damage is now roughly 60% Impact, 15% Cut and 25% Acid, varies a bit based on maturity. (Previously 100% Impact for Young-Old and ~95% Impact ~5% Acid for the rest)

Didn't know that damage types were different for different maturities, guess that's nice and this one

Allo
-Stamina and regeneration reduced slightly.

Never thought they would decrease regen in a million years.

As for L vehicles to degrade, I actually think is good, MU on limited will probably decrease and vice versa for UL. Which I believe is good for crafters.

Downside is definitely new components, could have used old ones or just renamed them...

Downloaded and login.

ps. very communicative content release, perhaps the bitching about communication got heard.

pps. guess I will be whining shortly :) again....

"These deterioration changes have been applied thus far to rookie, gift and other specialty vehicles, in order to ensure that Limited vehicles are indeed Limited and do not last indefinitely"

As much as I attempt to support MA where ever possible, it is important to note, that MA mentality is still very much caught in the experimental beta stages of "project entropia", and it's often forgotten entropia universe is now a commercial venture. I don't always think "throw it out there" and assess the reaction to this "adjustment" works in a commerical environment.

Adding words like "thus far" has it's impacts.

cause and effect....action, reaction. (careful MA).

I will not bore with the obvious, other than money has been spent enchancing vehicles that were thought would last a long time if not taken to PVP.

Keep smiling

Rick

We want our avatars to be able to lay down and sit on the ground! So instead we get Gangnam style? WTF priorities MA?

We want our avatars to be able to lay down and sit on the ground! So instead we get Gangnam style? WTF priorities MA?

Oh don't say "lay down on the ground" at this point... they'll just add the "Gangnam style elevator floor laying" in the next patch...

Douglas Adams saw it all coming, more or less... except the sound WOP was not linked to a dance.
What he had to say about marketing departments was clearly with solid experience of the future (and MA's lot) - he must have been a time traveller!
Or is it some almighty being having a laugh with us humans by putting a system with such potential in the hands of developers who spend their time nerfing stuff and introducing dance routines?

Where is the dance where you take one step forwards and two steps back please?! Any suggestions for the name of such a dance?

I would like to know ;

Are you in mindark's confidence to affirm such things ?
Did you do 10 hunts in a row on Hogglos & Eviscerators to test it since todays update ?

And did you check the health of the hundreds of mobs we find on calypso,
or the 3-4 hundreds mobs there are in the whole game ?

Where is the star that should be above your avatar ?....

I did 2 runs on big Hogglo today.
Dominants are now as difficult as Guardians used to be before the update. Only when they crit they still hurt a lot.

Where is the dance where you take one step forwards and two steps back please?! Any suggestions for the name of such a dance?
Modified Conga Line.
Oh wait, or improved... no, no, Balanced Conga Line, yeah, that's it.

Ya no crap, Fixing the GL and FL issues would have been a so much preferred fix. or about anything really......

I did 2 runs on big Hogglo today.
Dominants are now as difficult as Guardians used to be before the update. Only when they crit they still hurt a lot.

I did several runs of big Hogs during the last WoF sessions,
and I could not honnestly see the difference between Guardians or Dominants,
unless the evident fact that Dominants have more hp.

I'm L52 evader in 2012, but anyway, the effect of my evade is not as visible as it was in the Project Entropia times, and I was far less skilled.

Nice to see the Christmas nrfs have arrived, Im sure everyone waiting to depo will be excited about the improvements :yay:

So I dont know about the rest of you but my storage seems to be a bit jacked up. Tried to drop stuff in there like normal and it wont do it. You have to place the item in its spot, which is a big f#cking waste of time. Also please bring back the picture of the lock on the items, after years of looking at it, I think I will miss it, I mean it had no function, its was classic EU almost, why take it out?

Nice to see the Christmas nrfs have arrived, Im sure everyone waiting to depo will be excited about the improvements :yay:

Some of us still can't deposit because DIBs is still broken on some CC providers :(

I'm sure you also don't see any difference but hp between Daikiba prowlers and stalkers. Now tell it to somebody with as "little" as 20 levels of evader.

I'm L52 evader in 2012, but anyway, the effect of my evade is not as visible as it was in the Project Entropia times, and I was far less skilled.

Before this VU my limit of solo killing without a FAPper and dying was Hogglo Guardian.
Now it is Hogglo Dominant. I used to die 1 or 2 times for a dominant. Now i only die if they crit. I can now outfap them with an UR175 because they now miss me to.

So I can definitely see the difference. And i am close to 52 evader. So test it and you should be able to see it to.

Before this VU my limit of solo killing without a FAPper and dying was Hogglo Guardian.
Now it is Hogglo Dominant. I used to die 1 or 2 times for a dominant. Now i only die if they crit. I can now outfap them with an UR175 because they now miss me to.

You can do them now because you gained HP
and you gained damages in your shooting
and you gained Evade

and you gained experience in your gaming skill :)

Wait for the next adjusted reballanced improved mob Update,
and you'll be able to handle alpha ;)

But wait the Taming update to do stalkers,
not too long, just in 8 years lol. (Gangnam Style is a priority...)

New Features

• Multi-select feature - It is now possible to select and move multiple items at once within many user interfaces, including: storage, inventory, Repair Terminal, Trade Terminal and containers. Other user interfaces, such as shopkeepers and blueprint books, now support multi-select when moving items from them, but not into them.
  • Official avatars now display a star icon above their heads to be easier to recognize.

Originally Posted Here

This is a good thing :yay:
Rapido

So, to summarize...

With the new VU, MA:

-Nerfed stuff;

-Added "features" nobody cares about or needs, like a ridiculous, annoying dance animation;

-Made mobs harder to kill;

-"Taxed" players in new and exciting ways (vehicle decay);

-Left untouched several important bugs that should've been a priority to fix several VU's ago.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :silly2:

So, to summarize...

With the new VU, MA:

-Nerfed stuff;

-Added "features" nobody cares about or needs, like a ridiculous, annoying dance animation;

-Made mobs harder to kill;

-"Taxed" players in new and exciting ways (vehicle decay);

-Left untouched several important bugs that should've been a priority to fix several VU's ago.

- Added several useful features that has been asked for.

- Added a new dance move, which has been asked for.

- Added more crafting blueprints, including ones using sweat and nova, something that has been asked for.

- Fixed some bugs.

- Made some mobs easier to kill.

- Added several useful features that has been asked for.

- Added a new dance move, which has been asked for.

- Added more crafting blueprints, including ones using sweat and nova, something that has been asked for.

- Fixed some bugs.

- Made some mobs easier to kill.

{removed} Get a clue Nighthawk. Defending MA on a few things is fine, but not recognizing a money grab when you see one is asinine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back