Entropia Universe 12.10 Release Notes

-"Taxed" players in new and exciting ways (vehicle decay);

Considering the items that decay are those that were provided free of charge, this is not a tax.

This is a push out of the coddling, snuggly, happy nest. Eventually you are told you need to actually pay for your luxuries. Why not look up a vehicle crafter? Maybe instead of living off free gifts and complaining about how their own playstyles arent subsidized properly those who have been using those epic Arctic Helicopters to get around in will pay another player for an item they craft.

Heaven forbid that ever happen.

Nothing wrong with that.

At the rate I decay my quad I reckon it will last me five years, crazy amount of time for an L item.

If MA want to decay my quad so I have to renew it every 6 months that's fine by me. It will increase crafting and inturn use up more ores and help the community overal. It will also make any U ships more desirable, and with L quads decaying more they'll be able to release more U vehicles.

Now we cannot sell items on auction while crafting...:scratch2:

Defending MA on a few things is fine, but not recognizing a money grab when you see one is asinine.

I did not actually defend MA in any way, nor did I deny that any of the things Coelacanth posted has happened. I simply pointed out that the VU had some good sides as well.

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Just getting in way of the developing B-romance :laugh: take it to pm, both grow a set and agree to disagree. :)

I can understand the rebalancing, also free vehicle decay is no biggy to me at least (no broom) but.....

I do worry that changes like this lower confidence in game mark ups/value and long term investment. What is done is done, but my hunch is MA will have to be extremely careful in this area with changes/re-adjustments.

With vehicles they should have made all unlimited and have parts decay, wheels, engine, combustors etc giving market to parts. I really think they missed a trick here, also decals, horns, chrome wheels..... .

Anyway for me no real big problem with the vu, just worry about the precedents being made.

On a positive note though i love gangnam style ;).

Last edited:
At the rate I decay my quad I reckon it will last me five years, crazy amount of time for an L item.

If MA want to decay my quad so I have to renew it every 6 months that's fine by me. It will increase crafting and inturn use up more ores and help the community overal. It will also make any U ships more desirable, and with L quads decaying more they'll be able to release more U vehicles.

and what about the ppl who would color and texture their (L) items? excluding quads Now they won't do it anymore so some expensive paint/textures won't get bought so no use in crafting them for no mu. and then there's the ppl who provide the service to apply the paint/textures, what happens to their market. so one trade see a benefit while another takes a hit. we just can't win for losing :(

So now you have wear and tear on vehicles even when you are a better driver than me and don't keep crashing into trees...? Hmm, don't think I like that very much.

This might lead to a shift in the markets, away from oil, and back to ME. Because the balance between the two is changed.

One has now increased cost, but no skills
The other has the same cost, and still some skill gains.

Shame really.

Also, this may result in less people skilling on repairing, because the whole point of that skill seems to have been killed too.

Its an OK update really.

There are things I wish they did instead of the ones they did, but this can't be helped.

There are things I learned in round-about ways that should have been communicated upfront, in a clear way and 2 VUs back, at least. I hope instead of seeing just "people are stressing on forums over minor things" somebody at MA is actually thinking about how to make sure it will go better next time. While changes in themselves were OK, communication about it sucked. [1]

Communication about mob changes was very good.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why new crafted components were needed, and why so many new components overall. I don't see anything that looks like an unlimited melee weapon blueprint, but of course, I could be wrong or looking in the wrong places. It would have been much better if the release notes said (or EBN had a press release) something along the lines of:

In co-operation with leading arms companies including GeoTrek and Breer , the CCA has made available 15 new unlimited blueprints to local producers on Calypso. Limited blueprints for further 22 weapons models are available. The CCA continues working with arms manufacturers to bring state of the art melee weapons blueprints to Calypso market.​

As it stands, I guess the best we can hope for is the news crew doing an overview of what is what in the new blueprints after the fact, and even if they can be bothered to do so.

[1] Oh, and this paragraph was worded like that on purpose.

Arkadia got some guns change SIB levels, demonic excavator got efficiency changed... wonder when modfap, MM, imp. Mk.II etc. get changed.

Also, where's that quote from Marco that "item stats will never be changed" ?

Yeh like to see that quote!!! then could maybe put in support case.... didnt realise I have to re-check the frigin stats of everything before I re-use em.
FOund out the hard way about the dam weapon stat change!!! bought gun I have been using for ages now, stocked up and went to CP to kill and melt the gun....noticed the gun I had maxed for ages was now doing 30ish hits, very slowly and that with ucking amp. they added about 27 levels to the min to use it :( am not impressed.

Sorry to rant but this just shit.
If there better thread where this is discussed (have only started to look now) then please point me in right dirrection.
In short a underhanded fire truck of an attempt to catch us off guard. Thanks Dave, thought more of you, but guess it was only a matter of time before you got affected by the dam MA way....

I'm a bit perplexed as to why new crafted components were needed, and why so many new components overall.

It's probably been discussed previously, it has on Arkadia forum, but it's the Calypso way for removing crafted items from use. If certain required items for a BP are removed or the drop rate is severely reduced then those items are effectively removed from EU. If they'd kept the same resources on the new bp's then they'd effect those as well so they reduce the old resources while increasing the drop rate of the new ones.

The new BP's require new resources, if they decide to remove them then they'll keep adding new resources and reducing / removing the old.

They've been doing it this way for years. Arkadia decided the adjust the weapons rather than screw the loot and create extra work for themselves by creating new bp's. There could have been a lot of people with resource stacks which could be worthless as they're only used on the old Calypso BP's.

and ffs please god stop adding new useless components. 90% of all loot is crap nowdays with no markup and little or no use. WE dont need more components or treasure components or mob parts ect. We need actual stuff (BPs) that will increase the demand for the stuff we already have in game.

Couldnt have said it better...

AS MUCH AS I LOVE SEENING MY LOOT WINDOW FULL OF USELESS SHIT THAT MIGHT MAKE ME BREAK EVEN IF I TT IT ALL.

still... really shitty feeling to have to spend 5 minutes each time checking the MU on all the useless crap just "incase" the MU went up over night.

Say no to Componants and other useless shit! Oh and please bring back umbraniods :D

Back