Entropia Universe 14.3.0.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
  • Client stability has been improved for both 32 and 64 bit clients
  • Hit box logic has been greatly updated
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

[*]Client stability has been improved for both 32 and 64 bit clients
[*]Hit box logic has been greatly updated

Hit box improvement is greatly exaggarated...

Hit box improvement is greatly exaggarated...

It was also the word 'greatly' which I lol-ed at.
Are you going to tell us more, MA, or leave it to commentors on the forums to explain which mobs have been greatly updated in their hit box logic and how?

Question: maybe I miss it on forum, not too much time at hand atm and also many posts due to this 14.3.xxx bonanza:

Did the game graphics improved? I usually play on a safe settings with everything, have machine specs about which the client tells me that I could not even play the game, but saw a notable improvement in texture quality even on these low settings.

Could not check more due to frequent crashes/freezes, but anyone experienced something similar? Example: at PA coming from the big river towards TP, lots of rocks and some trees. Now the trees have nice blue dots and I can even see details of the canopy, before on same safe settings were just grey trunks.

Or maybe they just modified the safe mode settings, so now more is rendered than before?

Status Update!

Gathered some more information about the hit boxes, the list below has not been updated with the fix. So avoid these if you experience any troubles with the hit boxes. All other creatures on Calypso should work properly now!

Cersumon

Cornundacauda

Calamusoid Female

Calamusoid Male

Hispidus

Morsusilex

Kreltin

Second Entity

Experimental Holo-Secent

Vanguard

Mermoth

Oculus

Regards

Last edited:
Status Update!

Gathered some more information about the hit boxes, the list below has not been updated with the fix. So avoid these if you experience any troubles with the hit boxes.

Cersumon

Cornundacauda

Calamusoid Female

Calamusoid Male

Hispidus

Morsusilex

Kreltin

Second Entity

Experimental Holo-Secent

Vanguard

Mermoth

Oculus

Regards

TY for info!

Status Update!

Gathered some more information about the hit boxes, the list below has not been updated with the fix. So avoid these if you experience any troubles with the hit boxes. All other creatures on Calypso should work properly now!

Cersumon

Cornundacauda

Calamusoid Female

Calamusoid Male

Hispidus

Morsusilex

Kreltin

Second Entity

Experimental Holo-Secent

Vanguard

Mermoth

Oculus

Regards

Calamusoid? Where?

And to add to your list, you should check out Attackers, its impossible to hunt them with auto-aim, cause you wont make a single shot at them.

DC after 4 minutes hunting. So thank you for the update. No change for me. (32 bit)

DC after 4 minutes hunting. So thank you for the update. No change for me. (32 bit)

List where you were so maybe they can check that server? :dunno:

List where you were so maybe they can check that server? :dunno:

hunted near twin peaks little argonauts, since one week i have no chance to play longer then 3-5 minutes. Windows Vista 32 bit, 3072 Memory, ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series ... Graphic settings low .........

This. I thought they were extinct since vu10 :eyecrazy:

After VU10 I stumbled into some a little west of Chugs. I don't know if they are still there, but iit's the only place I've seen them since VU10.

Status Update!

Cersumon.... etc

Regards

Indeed, ty for more details (since I requested more...).

Did the game graphics improved? I usually play on a safe settings with everything, have machine specs about which the client tells me that I could not even play the game, but saw a notable improvement in texture quality even on these low settings.
Short answer: no.
Long answer: VU 14.3 sort of took another look at your video card and reset graphic settings to some defaults deemed appropriate, dumping some custom settings in the process. I have two otherwise almost identical boxes with different video cards, and on one graphic settings automagically got somewhat raised, on another - somewhat lowered. (Noticed this because mourner skin changes its appearance rather sharply at one point; before VU 14.3, it looked better on computer A, now it looks better on computer B :D)

All other creatures on Calypso should work properly now!

Angle matters though. For example, Tripudion is still virtually impossible to hit from the side (approx. 75 to 105 degrees relative to its 'axis'). This is quite an annoyance in team hunting and can be confusing for newcomers (as, unlike Atrox, those Tripudion punies aren't in hurry to turn their noses to you).

Prancer had similar issues yesterday, haven't yet checked them today.

Clarification: there are no critical problems, just mild annoyances that can be adapted to. I just wanted to remind you that testing hit boxes by solo shooting a mob in the "face" doesn't show the whole picture. :)

Last edited:
This. I thought they were extinct since vu10 :eyecrazy:

There was calamusoids in the early vu 10 far east of PA,
and we met some more last year (unless 2 year ago), with the feff/maff-O-id event.

Anyway, we can consider these species extinct yet...

Isn't the official definition of "Extinct" that there are less than 50 (?) of them alive. So you might be able to hunt something extinct :D

Anyhow....started the client, saw a patch, got worried... waiting to see how it operates.

Well...it doesn't.
I cannot login.

Not the type of stability I had hoped for.

try safe mode?

i had that also. restarting theclient launcher fixed it for me. loggged in on the first shot after that...lookinig goood so far!

a short note what happens with the next planet partner VU would be appreciated.

- timeframe / delayed or not

Greets,

Game seems to be much more stable for me today compared to any day in the last 6-7 days. Still have some item load issues when entering shops but other then that things seem to be much improved.

Stability has improved some for us, at least a lot fewer blatant "Connection Lost" messages (usually seems like a server reset). But my wife's computer still "freezes" a lot, even on lowest safe mode settings. Does not help to lose connection/freeze hunting spiders, they heal full by the time you log back in. THIS part needs to be fixed badly, we (once again) cannot hunt anything that takes more than 5-10 shots to kill, or risk losing the entire amount of ammo used on that mob. No levis, no crunk sharks, no street kings, no proterons, no trox of any kind....gets kinda boring like this!

for me the stability and performance has improved 10 fold. fantastic, finally plays like a normal game

Status Update!

Cersumon

Cornundacauda

Calamusoid Female

Calamusoid Male

Hispidus

Morsusilex

Kreltin

Second Entity

Experimental Holo-Secent

Vanguard

Mermoth

Oculus

Regards

Any ETA as to when these mobs will be fixed?

what about foul's ? hitbox works but not like before... sometimes fails of autotool are making avatar to go as close as i can touch his nose lol and that not guarantee of start shooting

what about foul's ? hitbox works but not like before... sometimes fails of autotool are making avatar to go as close as i can touch his nose lol and that not guarantee of start shooting

Snarg too.

Back