Entropia Universe 18.0.0 Release Notes

Anyone else have it when you click F it also right clicks so that little menu comes up? I’ve looked through my binding and can’t see why it would be happening. Scratching my head on it 😅

New hotfix is out:
  • Cooldowns for items and Mindforce Chips on the Action Bar should now be displayed correctly
  • Added an untrack button to the Quest Tracker UI
  • Added a button for leaving the team in the Team UI
  • Fixed missing icons in the Construction UI
If you are currently in the game, you will need to log out and then back in to apply the hotfix.

Anyone else have it when you click F it also right clicks so that little menu comes up? I’ve looked through my binding and can’t see why it would be happening. Scratching my head on it 😅

Are you clicking or holding the button?

If you hold it, it'll open the context menu just like when you right click. That shouldn't happen with a simple click tho.

We have received no bug reports about that, and it works fine for me when I try it out ingame.

Please read this article from last week, it contains explanations and a quick tutorial on how to use the keybindings and new action bars:

I finally got my camera movements to work, after trying to work it out for another 45 minutes. But now I finally got it all back in order - i.e. the way I had it before this update.
I'm still not overly impressed by it all. The new Inventory looks nice.
I haven't tried hunting yet today, I hope that's better now that all my actions are where I expect them to be (and now that I can move my camera with my mouse and turn at the same time).

We are currently working on solving multiple reported bugs and issues (big thanks to everyone contributing over in the bug/crash thread!)

The bug causing it to be impossible to use residue in crafting is high priority.
How on Calypso was THAT one missed in "testing"? It's kinda super common practice and indeed sorta half the point of residue...

I am quite surprised by the choice of Dark grey on light grey contrast chosen, when browsing for example auction:

Note that its only posted auctions. The things that I am interested in....

The collapse/expandable menu on the left seems to have got better contrast.

My eyes are hurting so badly after just an hour in game I decided to log off.

Other days, even if I do not have anything specific im doing, I can stay online and just read chats and browse auction. That seems long gone now, simply because of contrast.

Chapter 4, contrast:

It's funny how his example of "not focus" is looking just like the auctions. Eh?

Come on MA... there are accessibility standards for this sort of thing these days about minimal levels of contrast between fore and background colour for text. OK, technically they only apply to web stuff but you could try a little harder to look after people who don't have the best eyesight.

This is so funny to me.

There is so much missing, bugged functionality and bad design choices.

It's like they didn't have a reference point to work from (the old UI).

They should have at least had some junior employee go through the entirety of the old UI and list out all the functionality by window prior to even starting to design the new UI. Were there any flowcharts made of how things in the UI function? Heck, you could have even fed the codebase to an AI model and prompted it to "Search the codebase and list out all functionality per UI window" and that would have produced list (albeit not perfect) but something to help guide your decision making.

When you do revamps you're supposed to make it better, not worse. If some functionality was removed you should be explaining that choice somewhere for your users and to do that you need to actually know yourselves what functionality you had prior to the revamp.

Who was the project manager on the UI update? Fire that person.
I was expecting this. Indeed it's why I screenshotted as many of the UI elements I could before the patch came in (for reference). Alas I didn't get to the loot windows though but think they may be around elsewhere since they are very old.

There is no such bug. As mentioned in some previous releases/articles, the default function of the SHIFT and CTRL keys is now as modifier keys; meaning you can assign them together with other keys, like for example CTRL+T or CTRL+SHIFT+G.

If you wish to assign functions directly to these keys without modifiers, you have to open the main menu, then click Options > Interface, scroll to the bottom, and toggle "Disable using modifier keys for Actions". When that function is toggled on, you can assign actions (like Move Up and Move Down) to CTRL and SHIFT normally again, but you're unable to use them as modifier keys.
Ok, my mistake, so apologies. It's just that it took a while to get used to the new GU's, but now I like it ;) I also thought that the craft going upwards when I hit the space-bar was a bug, but I now know that's what your meant to use, and then the X-key for landing again.

Back