Changes
  • Unreachable targets will no longer be possible “Lock On”
  • Enabling UI edit mode now shows hidden action bars
  • Improved visual indication of moving a chat tab
  • Releasing a movement key will now register even with another UI in focus

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the Auto-move for vehicles did not work correctly
  • Fixed an issue with micro freezes happening while handling Nameplates
  • Fixed an issue where it caused the character to disappear when equipping certain armor combinations
  • Fixed an issue where links broke when the window lost focus
  • Fixed an issue where the chat tab window remained transparent if it failed to attach to another chat window
  • Fixed an issue where the chat overflow button was overlapping the Private Message notification button
  • Fixed an issue where the close panel button overlapped the chat overflow button
  • Fixed an issue where chat tabs did not update correctly after minimizing
  • Fixed an issue that UI’s disappeared after dying as an User Controlled Mob
  • Fixed an issue where Loadout names did not support all necessary symbols
  • Fixed an issue where the Contacts search field did not support all necessary symbols

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Out of interest, how many bugs have you now got on your list from all of the UI problems?
Why have you fixed what you have and not other more important bugs that people have reported?

Yikes, when MA is so aware that the current state of the game is not enjoyable they add it to their patch notes to urge people to stop playing while they figure things out.
Simple - less people in game means less see the bugs, so fewer reported. Less reports means they must be doing well ;)

I suggest that next time you simply take BETA TESTERS with experience not only in the game environment,
but also with the ability to find errors related to game coding.
$35 per hour. two-week contract on a separate dedicated server.
140 hours and it will make your life better.
write PM when you need some crew.

P.S. Yes 5k$ on hand will do the job.

New update, and you messed up user interface once again. The user experience is so bugged with chat messing up movement and interact no longer auto targeting. How can this take so many version updates to be playable?
Test your game before implementing, please!

If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here
That litrly means "Go Find Yourself" ^^

Would you allow me to repeat myself?
Take a read:

NO.
Absolutely and unequivocally NO!

Because once (if ever) they launch UE5, they'll be spending years fixing the billions of bugs that come with the launch.
As last seen when MA switched to CryEngine2.
Been there, done that.

The game was merely unplayable for more or less two years due to the overwhelming amount of new bugs all occourring simultaneously.
And fixing one bug broke two other things.
The expected aftershocks of UE5 scare me because I remember the aftershocks of the introduction of CE2.

The masses of fed up players quitting and withdrawing due to the wave of bugs broke MA's neck finacially.
The financial stunt with the Calypso Land Deeds was the result to get out of the tight spot. Fortunately, the CLDs were accepted at the time.
But issuing another 6 million new shares of whatever probably will not get MA out of the tight another time, after I dared a wary sideglance at the issuing performance of Triton shares ...

Don't call me Cassandra...
If you don't get it, read a book.

New update, and you messed up user interface once again. The user experience is so bugged with chat messing up movement and interact no longer auto targeting. How can this take so many version updates to be playable?
Test your game before implementing, please!
Allow me to illaborate frustrations:

When mining:
- When I want to excavate a claim, I can no longer use Interact with my excavator equipped as before. Auto-interacting with claims doesn't happen. It will only work if my mouse is hovering over the claim.
-When I'm using Auto-move and begin a chat, my avatar stops. So I can't multitask while mining.

It's unplayable.

Allow me to illaborate frustrations:

When mining:
- When I want to excavate a claim, I can no longer use Interact with my excavator equipped as before. Auto-interacting with claims doesn't happen. It will only work if my mouse is hovering over the claim.
-When I'm using Auto-move and begin a chat, my avatar stops. So I can't multitask while mining.

It's unplayable.
Wait till you try to search the auction for something. You'll open every window imaginable.

As mentioned in another thread, I find it concerning that simple bugs such as these keep regressing, and that there is a huge apparent lack of QA for releases. If no proper test strategy is in place for such simple issues, how can we be sure that systems that handle the economy of the game are properly tested and not frequently broken, to the disadvantage of the player base?

As mentioned in another thread, I find it concerning that simple bugs such as these keep regressing, and that there is a huge apparent lack of QA for releases. If no proper test strategy is in place for such simple issues, how can we be sure that systems that handle the economy of the game are properly tested and not frequently broken, to the disadvantage of the player base?
There is only simple math and calculation to this, we, players are always at losing side no matter what, not much testing needed for that.

There is only simple math and calculation to this, we, players are always at losing side no matter what, not much testing needed for that.
That's not what they are saying at all.

The assumption of waiting for = "please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved." is useless if the mini-patches revert back to previous bugs and other stuff isn't even last-minute.
It seems to me that there is some programmer somewhere, possibly freelance, who gets access now and again to professionally sort some of the stuff out, and then MA reverts backs to not even the level of "student gaining work experience".
My version of waiting it out is to harvest trees or just do something gentle that hasn't been too effed up. I don't want to grow old doing that, though!!!

New hotfix is out:

- The chat now blocks other bound actions from being activated
- Mining claim targeting should now work as expected

If you're already in the game, you will need to relog to apply it as usual.

Hotfix for auto-move being interrupted by the chat is also on the way.

New hotfix is out:

- The chat now blocks other bound actions from being activated
- Mining claim targeting should now work as expected

If you're already in the game, you will need to relog to apply it as usual.

Hotfix for auto-move being interrupted by the chat is also on the way.
Two first are fixed, thanks!

Please work on the Message Center a little bit, that thing is so clunky...

For example:
1. Pressing "I" does not open the inventory if you have the Message Center in focus
2. Auction notifications do not appear at the top, they can sometimes be 8-10 pages away (e.g. for outbid messages)
3. Why do I have to click on every single auction message? Add "Mark all as read" button please
4. If I am scrolled down in my auction messages, when I click on one, I will be scrolled down there as well, but to click back out of it, I have to scroll back up, the whole navigation process in there is a mess
5. Once I click "Ok" on a shop sales notification, it will dissappear forever, why?
6. Shop sales notifications do not list in any particular order and change order on every relog. It is a nightmare to manage, have to go through hundreds of sales notifications to find a particular sale. Please list chronologically and please allow me to filter it by shop

etcetera, etcetera....

Like I said, that message center is a royal pain to deal with, for so many different reasons, please work on this a little bit

who tested this from the community? Time to raise your hand and take some ownership.

Good job from MA for fixing and communicating everything!

Holy moly, this single change alone would have been the best update all year:

• Unreachable targets will no longer be possible “Lock On”
what would have been nice is having a fix for the random "unreachable" mobs that spawn right in front of you when hunting,

but i guess this work-around fix will do....

Out of interest, how many bugs have you now got on your list from all of the UI problems?
Why have you fixed what you have and not other more important bugs that people have reported?
These are the ones chatGPT could sort ,-)

i am so pissed off about the chat situation,

can you please make the chat stop scrolling, when you scroll up in it to copy something you just saw?

i feel like most of the time spent trying to copy a message or something im just fighting the damn chat itself because it keeps running away from what ever i am trying to select with my cursor.

ffs

I suggest that next time you simply take BETA TESTERS with experience not only in the game environment,
but also with the ability to find errors related to game coding.
$35 per hour. two-week contract on a separate dedicated server.
140 hours and it will make your life better.
write PM when you need some crew.

P.S. Yes 5k$ on hand will do the job.
Maybe they planned to fund the testing with the last deed sale.... that went... "well"...

Back