Event system coming

Marco|SDS

Prowler
Hello,

MA is currently in the design phase of the future Event system, allowing for Project Entropia participants to make their own events in the virtual universe. We have several items on our content list for that system, but to not steer creativity, I am wondering what you guys and gals would like to see in such an Event system?

So fire away, crew!

Oh YES! This has been long waited for :D :clap:

I want to see a event-terminal (make it my favorie color -Purple! )
Where you can schedule events, a eventcalendar. And you can hire for example a ring for a few hours, where you can, as in apartments, choose who can enter.
But there should be somekind of safety that someone doesnt take the ring for hours just to be able to skill alone..

EDIT:
It would also be cool if you could get some kind of proof that you won, that you can put on your shelf at home. Offcourse this shouldnt be tradeable, and 0 tt.
Say a Cup, where the event-name or let say the eventmaker get to write something (Max something characters long)
I would also like it if the Miss Calypso and HE-man contest got one of those banners over them, that they could wear. Ohh, yea that would be fun :D

Last edited:
B-day Party event notifier....Mayabe someting that peeps could RSVP, to let the Bday person know that theyre comming?? :rolleyes:

The Idea of having a way to register an event is a good one Skam. Also having tangible proof of winning something is a good idea too.

Perhaps the event coordinator could have the ability of creating the trophy/award? Kind of like buying one out of TT sort of.

You could create the award with a custom event placard.

It would be cool to make the prize like a storage box where you can put the prize winnings into.

I would make it so that once the goodies were put in you couldn't take em out till after the event,that way you'd avoid scamming.

A Global Notification of the Event would be cool...and having it posted on the CLU would be cool too. That way those players that don't go to the Forums can see it too.

A trophy for won events would prolly be exploited alot, two players starting "fake" events, one as event holder, the other as winner, simply to get some kind of item to put in their apartments.
Making it so a trophy cost some amount of ped would be like making furniture available in the trade terminals. Ppl would still make fake events to be able to buy that trophy.

A possible event terminal would be flooded with events just to get a trophy :(

Maybe making a restriction so only events with atleast 50 contestants would be able to get a trophy for the winner.

/Edit....

Making events terminals where event holders could add their event, when the event is added to the terminal it would be in a "Pending" state until enough players have joined that event, when enough have joined, let's say minimum 25 players, the event would be moved to a "Confirmed" category, fee for joining an event could be 1 ped minimum or so, paying for the tools provided by MA and a possible trophy.

The fee for joining could be adjustable by the event holder, so 1 ped went to the event terminal, and the rest for winning prizes.

Last edited:
MindBuster said:
A trophy for won events would prolly be exploited alot, two players starting "fake" events, one as event holder, the other as winner, simply to get some kind of item to put in their apartments.
Making it so a trophy cost some amount of ped would be like making furniture available in the trade terminals. Ppl would still make fake events to be able to buy that trophy.

Maybe making a restriction so only events with atleast 50 contestants would be able to get a trophy for the winner.

Im afraid your right. A terminal which everyone could use would just bee flooded. :( Maybe make it so you can add your event and when say 10 people have signed up for it, it becomes valid. Sort of like the societys? So you would have to add your event and within a week you would have to have participants signing up or the event would be removed. Also maybe different categories in the terminal. I would like to see the old voting thinghys as Event terminals

Edit: evil typos

Good Point MB. hmmmmm.......

Wish MA would implement the Rep System.

I like the Confirmed/Pending Idea.

I dunno about an entry fee but that would help MA defray the costs. Perhaps they could be the award/prize giver?

Or perhaps the Event coordinator/s could put the prize stuff into the terrminal after the event has been confirmed?

U could send a Screenie to MA of the official winner and that person claims the prize from the event booth?

uhh bad idea..you could always photoshop a screenie...my bad.

Last edited:
i like the idea of event terminal very much, and i would love to se some kind of list in it that says wich people are in the event and wich people are holding in the event.. i also like the ideas of trophys, but its easy that they become very usual and that people make fake events, as you said. a solution for this might be to have mindark orginizing some events every year that have these kind of prices (that may be selleble) or when breaking "largest event" records those prices might be cool to the winners too...

MindBuster said:

/Edit....

Making events terminals where event holders could add their event, when the event is added to the terminal it would be in a "Pending" state until enough players have joined that event, when enough have joined, let's say minimum 25 players, the event would be moved to a "Confirmed" category, fee for joining an event could be 1 ped minimum or so, paying for the tools provided by MA and a possible trophy.

The fee for joining could be adjustable by the event holder, so 1 ped went to the event terminal, and the rest for winning prizes.

We could require that MindArk has to accept/deny pending applications requesting certain features. This might prevent any "fake" events from popping up.

The most important thing I would like to see in an event system is being about to boot people out of the event. There have been quite a few problems recently with people ruining events, and I would hate to see this behavior continue. If it is possible to dynamically change terrain in PE, perhaps an event arena could be rented and changed to what the event creator needs (i.e. a ring, or a catwalk, etc.).

How about making the mentor system based on events rather than skill points.

event 1: get all tp's

etc
etc
etc

Knoop said:
Im afraid your right. A terminal which everyone could use would just bee flooded. :( Maybe make it so you can add your event and when say 10 people have signed up for it, it becomes valid. Sort of like the societys? So you would have to add your event and within a week you would have to have participants signing up or the event would be removed. Also maybe different categories in the terminal. I would like to see the old voting thinghys as Event terminals

Edit: evil typos

I agree. Basically like any other event. Put your event in the system with the min. amount of people you want. Charge a 1 ped fee per person to join. Then an event entry fee if you want a cash prize. If the min amount of people is not met, everyone is refunded thier entry fee. If the min amount is met then a PM is sent to the event contestants with the date and time of the event.

Also, as far as trophies. I like the idea, maybe make them a craftable item with customization allowed (once again, anyone could make them which might make this a bad idea as well).

Probably the best solution for prizes is event co-ordinator supply the prize.

Suicide

on topic...
Some huge parties would be nice.. :dunce:

We gotta have No in-game music though..something people put in it theirselves...so there gonna be reggae parties..(on tha beach)..undergrond house party(in this hangar..)..ect ect..
Party on.. :D
Ciao a tutti.. :cool:

Wow a thread finally came that made me sign up to this forum! Thanks MA for finally bringing event tools!
The event terminal is a great idea. No matter how it works it should be free to hold events. Prizes cost enough. And with trophies, it could have a minimum number of participants to qualify for trophies.
The most important tool we need is a way for the Host of the event to talk over the crowd. A way to silence the crowd would work, but seems a little extreme. Maybe with registered events the Host can have their chat appear in a different colour, like with team chat but for all on the radar.
At times you do need to limit the number of participants or spectators for an event so a way to do that would be helpful. An arena would work, or maybe some type of fence or barrier to mark off an area.
Another tool that would be nice is if you could choose whether or not you want mobs in the event area as well as which ones. This is similar to what is coming in the land management system so it seems it would be possible.
And sometimes there are people who think it's great fun to ruin events or break rules, so we need a way to get them out of the event area. Maybe that's a tough one for abuse though.
Hmmm...I know I've had other ideas, they'll come back to me I'm sure. But that's it for now.

edit: One more idea...it would be useful to have a way for the eventholder to PM all participants, especially for events that spead you all over the map.

As Suicide suggested, make the trophies craftable.

If you make them craftable from the current component systems and maybe gold and/or gems. That would solve the exploit problem.

Here is an example of how I envision the system:

The crafter crafts the trophy our of components and gold/gems. Obviously the higher quality trophies would be much more valuable. They can then be traded, sold or won in events. Trophy prices could range from 1 to several thousand PEDS.

The event coordinator would need a trophy to hold an event. The trophy would allow the event coordinator to access the Event Terminal. Once in the event terminal the coordinator could choose the location, schedule the time, set the entry fee for the event and write a discription. MA should have pre-arranged event types that their system can track to detirmine the winner in a fair way.

Whomever, wins gets the Trophy and prizes. The system should also track the winners of past events.

Thoughts?

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
The crafter crafts the trophy our of components and gold/gems. Obviously the higher quality trophies would be much more valuable. They can then be traded, sold or won in events. Trophy prices could range from 1 to several thousand PEDS.

The event coordinator would need a trophy to hold an event. The trophy would allow the event coordinator to access the Event Terminal. Once in the event terminal the coordinator could choose the location, schedule the time, set the entry fee for the event and write a discription. MA should have pre-arranged event types that their system can track to detirmine the winner in a fair way.

Whomever, wins gets the Trophy and prizes. The system should also track the winners of past events.

Thoughts?

DD

I like this idea. Then it eliminates a million newbs making BS contests. Since it seems that only higher level participants host these events anyway. This way when you want to have an event you have to put money into it making it more serious of an obligation.

The only problem with this is some of the things you mentioned are very expensive. I think there should still be an entry fee of some sort to make it fair. Its a hassle to host these events as it is. If you have to spend 700 ped to be able to host an event with no hope of recouping any cash i think most people won't want to host an event.

And was said before. There has to be some sort of thing to keep event destroyers and troublemakers out of the event. This is a bit more of a programming problem. But one the fine people of MA can handle im sure.

Just my two ped.

Suicide

im wondering if the event system is advanced enough to handle like, common bonuses that can be found in FPS games..

for example, Deathifier's "capture the mansion" game..

what if you had two teams, a set of "blue" terminals, and a set of "red" terminals.. at the start of the game, everyone would have to "lock" into their respective terminals..

which terminal you chose affects which team you'll be on (red or blue) and where you re-spawn.. (re-spawn next to the terminal, ready for next game, but not "locked in" for next game, incase you go afk)

then the doors on either 'box' of terminals would open at either end of the field, and a paintball/lasertag/deathmatch would start.. with MA keeping track of blue/red deaths, and some kind of world furniture that would announce the winner. (i.e. a scoreboard that shoots fireworks in red/blue colors when that team kills all their opponents)

someone logging out or losing ping for more than 10 seconds should be considered 'dead' and off the team, even if their avatar itself doesnt die. (or if they (t)eleport or wormhole out of the area, something should detect this, and register them as a 'loss' for their team)

im sure this has all been written before.. but once the coding is solid, it can be cut up for other events.

i.e. singulars boxing events.. 1v1.. but when the loser dies, instant celebration, bells going, etc.

i dont know if the "possession of a trophy" is such a big deal.. as long as scoreboards flash and say something or blowup .. some kinda 'you won!' ceremony is good enough imo.

[edit: while you're reading this marco, i want gen star tower A to have giant 'A's running down the side. same with B, giant 'B's going all the way down the side.. too many buildings to navigate in a superlag zone = painful.]

Dash Smashing said:
im wondering if the event system is advanced enough to handle like, common bonuses that can be found in FPS games..

what if you had two teams, a set of "blue" terminals, and a set of "red" terminals.. at the start of the game, everyone would have to "lock" into their respective terminals..

which terminal you chose affects which team you'll be on (red or blue) and where you re-spawn.. (re-spawn next to the terminal, ready for next game, but not "locked in" for next game, incase you go afk)

then the doors on either 'box' of terminals would open at either end of the field, and a paintball/lasertag/deathmatch would start.. with MA keeping track of blue/red deaths, and some kind of world furniture that would announce the winner. (i.e. a scoreboard that shoots fireworks in red/blue colors when that team kills all their opponents)

someone logging out or losing ping for more than 10 seconds should be considered 'dead' and off the team, even if their avatar itself doesnt die. (or if they (t)eleport or wormhole out of the area, something should detect this, and register them as a 'loss' for their team)

im sure this has all been written before.. but once the coding is solid, it can be cut up for other events.

i.e. singulars boxing events.. 1v1.. but when the loser dies, instant celebration, bells going, etc.

i dont know if the "possession of a trophy" is such a big deal.. as long as scoreboards flash and say something or blowup .. some kinda 'you won!' ceremony is good enough imo.

Thats a cool idea!!!! REP Given!!!

Dash Smashing said:

[edit: while you're reading this marco, i want gen star tower A to have giant 'A's running down the side. same with B, giant 'B's going all the way down the side.. too many buildings to navigate in a superlag zone = painful.]

The thing I like about trophies being required to hold an event is that it will keep the number of events managble and they will hold real meaning.

Great idea! Now we need to expand on other event types and how MA could work them...

DD

Dash Smashing said:

what if you had two teams,etc...

To expand on that, have divisions so noobs fight noobs and angel and shadow fight each other.

This is all a bit offtopic. But would be cool nontheless.

Suicide

lots of ppl have said many of my ideas but i'll spam away the vision i've had for about a year now.

First you will need a new pvp/event areana. The areana would be much like a modern day hockey stadium. where you would have onlookers looking down at a large ring. This could also be programed to help lag where mabey the ppl in the rink would not see the ppl in the crowds like as if they where in a shop container.

The arean would have different configurations inside on the event floor. Event terimnal would let you pick different types of events. Like others said you would be able to have ppl register at the event dontate prize money .....

Event types
Pagent- for miss/mr Calypso contest - equiped with voting booths
Q/A contest- Jeoprody style the event organizer would be able to ask questions and assign points.
PVP
-Last Man standing
-Last Team/Society Standing
-Capture the Flag
-Man vs Beast contest (best time)
-Team vs Beast (best time)
-options for rules such as Melle only, armour, fap, skill level
-optsions to add creatures using land managment system

Also outside of the arean idea
NPC's like the manqueins that we could program to say things or give a sort of marker or flag or key so we could make up our own sort of quests and treasure hunts and that could be droped and not picked up anywhere on Calypso

Also for races a sort of flag that could aslo be used for relay races but would discable teleporting by MindForce or even Teleporters.

Event Organizer Clothing for the Event Organizers that would only last durring the event.

*and everything Dash said while i was writing mine ;-)

RexDameon said:
The arean would have different configurations inside on the event floor. Event terimnal would let you pick different types of events. Like others said you would be able to have ppl register at the event dontate prize money .....

Event types
Pagent- for miss/mr Calypso contest - equiped with voting booths
Q/A contest- Jeoprody style the event organizer would be able to ask questions and assign points.
PVP
-Last Man standing
-Last Team/Society Standing
-Capture the Flag
-Man vs Beast contest (best time)
-Team vs Beast (best time)
-options for rules such as Melle only, armour, fap, skill level
-optsions to add creatures using land managment system

I like this, all could be implemented into the redvsblue arena.. =) "creating" a game would be similar to "team creation" .. where the creator could specify, an entrance fee, the prize % etc, etc..

with some kind of requirement to BE an event creator.. (over 2000 in any skill or something. )

RexDameon said:
Also outside of the arean idea
NPC's like the manqueins that we could program to say things or give a sort of marker or flag or key so we could make up our own sort of quests and treasure hunts and that could be droped and not picked up anywhere on Calypso

*and everything Dash said while i was writing mine ;-)

I also like that one, NPC's holding *DATAPADS!*

(see this thread on ep for datapads. sue me for posting an EP link MB, but its artful, an EP mod, he's not gonna post it here. *grin* plus, marco asked here, not there.)
http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=274643

he wants trade datapads, see my reply at the bottom of that page, for pen/paper datapads.

And as a part of events maybe we can get the ability to rent out the bars for parties and/or card games etc...

DD

I suggest a Stadium in some remote place with a TP that must be collected like the rest. Here will be the only place where an event terminal would be. In this stadium thru the terminal you could make it PK or NON PK, with seating around it that is always non PK for everyone to watch. Calypso is a big place I'm sure they could find a nice location somewhere :D

Alot of nice ideas I've though

To avoid scamming events with "fake" events, what about limiting to "You can only win one event every two months" or something. That way everyone gets a chance, as the uber melee-fighter won't win every battle, and fake events will become useless.

About trophies, I love the idea, but what about making it a job? Lets say Starfinder holds an event, and wants a niiiice trophy, so he goes to a master crafter, and orders one trophy with qr 7+, and only that crafter can make it in a set period of time. Nice way to avoid scams.

About skams problem of ring-borrowing for skilling, what about removing skill-gains in events?

An arena for fighting events could have the same functions as apartments/houses has now, the eventholder "rents" the arena, and can then use an "arena terminal" to add/remove contestants, only players added by the event holder could enter the arena.
He could then just add two at a time for 1on1 contests.

Last edited:
MindBuster said:
An arena for fighting events could have the same functions as apartments/houses has now, the eventholder "rents" the arena, and can then use an "arena terminal" to add/remove contentants, only players added by the event holder could enter the arena.
He could then just add two at a time for 1on1 contests.

Thats what I'm thinking...

Maybe the 10th (?) floor on the apartment building can be used as "arenas" with a little modifacation.

Knoop said:
Maybe the 10th (?) floor on the apartment building can be used as "arenas" with a little modifacation.

Holy crap thats brilliant! i was up there thinking they should do something with it cause its a waste of space. I am sure they meant for parties and such. But to make that part of the event thing would be awesome!

Suicide

Faustian said:
I suggest a Stadium in some remote place with a TP that must be collected like the rest. Here will be the only place where an event terminal would be. In this stadium thru the terminal you could make it PK or NON PK, with seating around it that is always non PK for everyone to watch. Calypso is a big place I'm sure they could find a nice location somewhere :D

Alot of nice ideas I've though

Now THAT is a good idea Faustian!

2 TPs...both only accessible through the below

1st = Participants - ie only those who have paid the entry fee and registered
2nd = Spectators only have access to a 'veiwing' area around the 'arena' where they cannot interfere in the games in anyway

These TP's are only accesible through the Event terminal.

Perhaps ALL spectators must pay a 1ped fee to watch the games, thus reducing some of the lag at least :silly2:

Like mentioned earlier a Hockey stadium type layout would be good for this, maybe like the 'Powerball' type futuristic games

Back