Event system coming

Knoop said:
Maybe the 10th (?) floor on the apartment building can be used as "arenas" with a little modifacation.

rep given knoop.. although the apartment cities are *already* a little laggy. if they could solve the whole individual mapping of each apartment floor problem, .. or do something about the mighty lag. =/

well, then the arenas on the 10th floor would bring LOTS of visitors, and people might actually want to rent the shops on the lower floors to sell their stuff, if they know a steady stream of participants/spectators will be travelling through.

Quest

Hi all, maybe it's an good idea to put some quests ingame, where u can get serveral items, skills etc.
The quest can be from easy to really difficult.
Just an suggestion that can be helpfull to put even more difference ingame. ;)

Faustian said:
I suggest a Stadium in some remote place with a TP that must be collected like the rest. Here will be the only place where an event terminal would be. In this stadium thru the terminal you could make it PK or NON PK, with seating around it that is always non PK for everyone to watch. Calypso is a big place I'm sure they could find a nice location somewhere :D

Alot of nice ideas I've though

THIS IS THE IDEA i agree with, but i think u should have extra event terminals for outside the stadium events, i.e partys on the 10th floor, easter egg hunts outdoors, treasure hunts etc......

I also like the idea of a Trophy's or maybe some kind of Winners Badge that you can pin on your clothes, nothing stupid, i mean like smart decent looking badges like military ones, clusters and signets (i think thats what they called lol :rolleyes: ) ) or maybe trophys for big events and badges for small or even Trophy for the Winner and a badge for 2nd n 3rd.
Maybe people could implement making Team Outfits for Stadium Team Events

i love this post btw

Last edited:
If there is going to be like event terminals, I would like to se a "donation" option.

For example, you register an event and schedual it to start in 1 week. During the time until the event starts, people could donate stuff for the price pool, directly into the terminal.

Of course this option can be toggled on or off, depending on the event holder.

Reactions: Cay
Events can be a very funny thing. One of the main aspect beside a good event story is the lag. The event has to be "playable".

One main discussion here was ( i didnot read all ) that the number of participants has to be limited. Only a fixed number of player can attend an event, and a fixed number of visitor can view an event.

Maybe events must be divided in event classes and depending on the players skills events can be joined or not. LG was a good example.

Another important point is, that even "precious" noobs should be able to attend events. It could help to keep them longer in game and to develope them to "depositers" some day ;) Noob events should or could? have a learning process too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cay
Oije said:
Another important point is, that even "bloddy" noobs should be able to attend events. It could help to keep them longer in game and to develope them to "depositers" some day ;) Noob events should or could? have a learning process too.

I say the MOST important point :rolleyes:

(and "bloddy" should change in "precious") :D

Oije said:
Another important point is, that even "bloddy" noobs should be able to attend events. It could help to keep them longer in game and to develope them to "depositers" some day ;) Noob events should or could? have a learning process too.

Maybe the event holder should be able to set skill demands for the event, like "this event is foor newbies up to green rank players" or "this event requires a minimum of the rank trained in the partisipants primary profession"

ikkie said:
Hi all, maybe it's an good idea to put some quests ingame, where u can get serveral items, skills etc.
The quest can be from easy to really difficult.
Just an suggestion that can be helpfull to put even more difference ingame. ;)

we have them allready. there's been two in a row, first treasure-hunt of stalkers, then drone-slaughter.

DashSmashing said:
RSS feeds from all 'event' terminals so services like PERC.INFO can make a bot and monitor the feeds, posting outcomes/scoring directly to this Event News channel you speak of.

EBSN? Entropia Broadcasting Sports Network?

Starfinder said:
if we can read it from somewhere.. its possible.....

So thats my official request Marco, to have such an event system have an "output" protocol, posting scores/kills/etc in much the same way Auction results are sent out and used by sites like Perc and Roulette's auction page.

http://img.!!!!!!!!!!!.com/albums/v132/instantdeath/eventsettings.jpg
NOTE: this is a bad example of what a the event settings window could look like.

the event system.

purpose: allows people to put it money to the event so they are confident that they arent getting scammed. allows the host to show off prizes, have different modes of play.

features:
-safe deposit box that gives confidence to players that they arent getting scammed when they give the host their money.
- allows players to see the prizes.
- allows players and host to see who is in the event.
- uses the event chat room so that you can talk to participants
- when player wins event, prize is transferred to their account.
- different modes for events.
- options for host to choose whether destination can be displayed on radar
and much more could be added to this!

the event system should also allow the player to have his money back if he quits, but only before a certain period of time, to prevent ppl from getting their money back if they lose at the end.

my beautiful paint job on the team settings window took me like 5 minutes lol.

oh, and the window should have the option of displaying the host and have the host a different color on the participants radar, and the participants different than the host's color.

the race mode would work like this:
the host has two flags, a green flag and a red or yellow flag. the green flag is the start point, and he sets it down at the start, and can only be picked up by the host. the second flag is the finish line, and when the participant touches it or claims it, he recieves the prize.

The host can set a time when the event begins, or start it manually.

the event system should work like creating a team, not like creating a society. if the event system had a event terminal, then it should display the events in a sortable way. and it should look like the auction.

also, if the event was held in some sort of stadium, they should allow spectors to watch the event for a fee.

One possibility for an arena would be to have the one way windows like houses seem to have. Sort of like a hockey arena with oneway windows. Event viewers could see participants, but participants would only see dark windows. Hopefully eliminating some graphics loading lag for particpants.

Maybe events could be broadcast on a viewing screen like in hadershine(sp) where some advertisments are. People could gather round the screen and watch form hadershine without effecting the event with any lag whatsoever.

The voting booths could be used to advertise upcomming events as well as for voting. But only show events that are 10 days out or something.

I really dont know what would be possible, this is just me thinking at keyboard.

Thanks
Azrael

Well it it’s not to be a party boomer :dunce: or anything, it’s just that for the users to be able to actually create events, there would have to be a more flexible basis for doing so.
First of all, let’s say that one wanted to host a fashion show, but then again with the prices we know, who will be able to afford even that?
I think a more serious and custom based system in ways of interactive features within PE, would prove really use-full in terms of creating a “future” based system for events, and the like.
The like meaning, that the users would be able to not the least use a system like this for creating event’s, but also for setting up missions etc…

Ps: No details… But things could in given time look really cool :eek:

Hi Marco

One thing I think would be very much appreciated is an Arena, a place to host events secure from grievers and party crashers...

Multi functional: shows, presentations, events, fights, art exibits and so on

A global system to announce them and a way to easy arrange the entree fees.

But I fear the rent of suchha place, events arranged by avatars should imo not cost any money and be free to use.
This because it will add to the whole virtual experience of PE as a social thing.

Making it cost money will have a negative effect on that.

And maybe some prices? Like a boxing belt, a tiara etc for the winners...

One more thing please dont kill the whole thing with restrictions and rulez, the system should be flexible to use, not rigid

Last edited:
ok time for my crazy newspaper idea again. newspapers are craftable from some cheap skins and we use noobs as paperboys. we can make drawings and text to begin with and papers can have a set amount of time before it vanishes so servers dont get filled with crappy newspapers.. or save them in your client and not on the server. all papers could have a few standard looks until you click on them, this to save server load.
these papers can be used as treasuremaps, newspapers(!), conspiracy magazines, advertisement and propaganda. this would need a simple text editor to be made ingame and alot of work to make it work, but I think it got great potensial!
mining magazine written of the best miners out there could be worth quite alot. same with other things and secrets. we could make ingame decay charts,notes for different things. names to remember, statistics.
damn why am I posting this here.. MA should PAY me for this suggestion! :D

Marco i have some Questions about the Event System.

Will this become a Free Feature or a Feature we have to Pay for in some Way ?

I could Imagine a Event Tool or Place where you can Spawn Mobs and "Enrich" the Loot of them with own Monney or Items who get Dropped by 100% from one of the Mobs. But lets say Paying Genreally for Every Spawned Mob wouldn't that Interessting to use. A Way to make Broadcasts for Events would also Interessting. Also the Idea to "Controll" A mob by Playing him isnt new but would interessting. If you want to Support Event like Partys it would be nice to Add Food , Drinks maybe Cigarrets and Animations when using them.

How about Kissing Animations ?

How about Instruments you can use who Playing a Sound you can Choose bevore. ?

How about Free Fireworks for all ?

How about Wedding Cloths ?

Yes i think Wedding Cloths would a become HIT and a lot of People would like to have them.

How about Googles with Zoom ?

How about NSC Pads where you can Input your own Dialoges for Quest Related Storys made by Players. ?

Wedding would be Awesome :D

Singular -

I disagree. I beleive rental of these places should cost money. For several reasons.

It would keep the number of events under control.

It would increase the quality of the events if you have a financial commitment.

If PE is supposed to be a virtual world then it should cost to rent an arena. Just like RL.

It would open up a new avenue of profession. Event promoter.

Also, I really really think they should make awards, belts and trophies craftable from the goods already available to us. (Comp bps, Gems, Gold, Etc...)

DD
:evilking:

DD

Do u honestly believe it will keep the number of events under control?
How many are there now?
Let me ask you this: If event hosting costs money, will it increase or decrease events in total?

It will increase the quality of events? I dont think so.
If it costs money the org will want its money returned, rather with a profit then without... do u see my point?

What will that mean to the events itself? They will become something to gain from and the whole social aspect will be gone!

The quality of events has to do with commitment to do them, not the money, money will ruin the whole thing.

If an org makes money out of an event, even if its 5% I dont think the motives behind it are very trustworthy
And in the end, who, I ask u, will profit from it? You or me? Or will it be MA?

I create events for the fun it brings and to bring ppl together, not to make money, if it is to cost money it will completly alter the purpose it serves.

BTW You cant compare RL with a VR, they are simular but very different...
If PE would cost money to play, do you think it would have an economy?

About crafteble throphy items... do u think they will be special if they are crafteble? I think they should be unique and one of a kind.

/regards

DD- I do not necessarily believe that charging for an event would help control quality. I think the true judge of a quality event is the number of ppl that go to the event and enjoy it. Furthermore, even if there was a charge (say 1 ped), any1 who wanted to go to the event to be a jerkoff is still going to pay the fee to be a jerkoff ;)

Singular- let's not forget that the word "org" (organization) that you are using can reference a non-profit org. So say MA charges a fee to the organization to put on a party, and the org charges a small fee to every1 going... any profit it makes does not necessarily have to go back to the org (thus making them money-grubbers). It could, potentially, go into the event itself. Like, all profits will be used to hold a drawing at the end of the party for each person who attended... somehow perhaps a drawing could be done and the winner receives the profits :D Ok, well that's just one idea. Perhaps the profits go to that trophy or banner or whatever.... this gives ppl a fun incentive to go to these events, while keeping them non-profit in the end... :girl:

Just an idea.... any1 can rip it apart.... I need more coffee so not thinking properly :computer:

Singular said:
Do u honestly believe it will keep the number of events under control?

Yes. If a person has to pay to rent a place and buy a trophy from a crafter. The number of events will stay under control. If it is free we will have to wade through "fake" or "useless" events to try and find the real ones.

Singular said:
How many are there now?

There is no system for it. If their was, which their will be, you would see alot more events.

Singular said:
Let me ask you this: If event hosting costs money, will it increase or decrease events in total?

That remains to be seen. I would estimate, even if it costs money the total events would be more with a system than there are now. But I am just guessing.

Singular said:
It will increase the quality of events? I dont think so.

Compared to what? If you are comparing to current events that is not a fair comparison. If you compare a free system to a paid system I would say you are kidding yourself if you do not think the events will be better organized, more subtantial and have an overall better quality in a paid system.

Singular said:
If it costs money the org will want its money returned, rather with a profit then without... do u see my point?

Yes. That is exactly the point.

Singular said:
What will that mean to the events itself? They will become something to gain from and the whole social aspect will be gone!

Let me ask you this. Is the social aspect of a RL sporting event or concert gone because the promoter makes money?

Singular said:
The quality of events has to do with commitment to do them, not the money, money will ruin the whole thing.

If an org makes money out of an event, even if its 5% I dont think the motives behind it are very trustworthy
And in the end, who, I ask u, will profit from it? You or me? Or will it be MA?

The goal should be that everyone gains. MA profits, those who put on the event profit, and those who attend are entertained. Profits only make the scale of potential events larger. As you profit you can build bigger and bigger events.

Singular said:
I create events for the fun it brings and to bring ppl together, not to make money, if it is to cost money it will completly alter the purpose it serves.

You can be a non-profit promoter then. Just keep what it costs you. And, I disagree with this statement. Again, a dance party IRL serves a purpose and ppl make money off of it.

Singular said:
BTW You cant compare RL with a VR, they are simular but very different...
If PE would cost money to play, do you think it would have an economy?

Life doesn't cost money to play. Yet ppl are still here.

Singular said:
About crafteble throphy items... do u think they will be special if they are crafteble? I think they should be unique and one of a kind.

If they made the items used in crafting certain high end trophies they could be pretty nearly unique.

In summary, I see this as a potential boon to the economy. If implemented correctly we can not only have an event system that everyone enjoys but we can also create commerce and more professions.

I think we need to face the reality that MA is not going to spend tons and tons of time implementing a great system if they cannot profit from it. Therefore, we should propose how we want to see it implemented.

DD
:evilking:

What about events with no entry fee for participants? The organizers already have to put up the prize money and/or items, why should they have to pay a fee too? IMO that could ruin events. If MA required an organizers fee and/or an entry fee, some types of events would be impossible. And why should MA want or need to make money off of events? Events keep people interested in PE, so they stick around and pass the time before the event decaying something. And events involving combat make people want to skill up to prepare - so there's more money to MA.
Keep the community happy = Keep the Community. That's more than enough for MA to get out of events. ;)

DD -

very well reasoned

/me bowing

allthough I dont agree on your points I see some logic behind some..

Well have to see how MA will create it

Its just that I feel we live in an economy insted of a society, where the value of PED/DOLLAR overrulez the value of men... and that should never be the case.

Last edited:
I would like to have the possibility to do the event I want, I think that pre-arranged events will limit people’s creativity. If there is a box where we can write the nature of the event, it will be great.
I like the ‘minimum participants’, this will make a restriction on the number of events.
PVP and non-PVP events should both be allowed.
The prize could be anything, from trophy to peds, but should have a TT value.

I dont think there shouldnt be any restrictions at all

My idea would be like:

* Create a system for handeling all the money issues, thats allways tiresome and distracting from things at hand.

* The event chat activated, event organiser can invite and except requests to join the event-chat, globals tru main chat to anounce events.

* a system like a event-terminal to request "Arena time" and setting all options you want it to have. Applying to join an event/ paying entreefee.

* An Arena to do gladiator style events (would also function as a boxingring) the Arena should have some nifty structure to prevent others from ruining it. like a lockable gate..

* sigh.... a system to determine the entree fee for spectators adjustable by the organiser.

* Some unique throphy items to symbolize the value of winning contests, Im thinking boxingbelts for three weight classes, a beautycrown or Tiara for Miss Calypso etc etc

* I think a event system should be flexible and easy to use, adjustable meaning to decide all settings ( like in huntingteamcreating )

* And last but by nomeans least: a system to prevent the massive LAG during an event, caused by the number of ppl attending.
I even think that one is the most important one... if playersided events are to do well, we need to be able to have a lot of ppl around in one place without suffering from serveroverload symtems.

Ugh

1, event terminal with 2 functions, a calendar to announce events (low cost, like say 10 ped or something), this would place your event with description on a calandar everyone can see, and be feed via XML feed on the website so all the websites can list in-game events.

2, A universal event building. This would be a building located in some city somewhere. It would have unlimited space inside (i.e. the inside space isn't physically connected to outside space requirements), same building would host unlimited number of events of various size areas).

The building would have a universal teleporter access to the different events. If your a registered partcipant/employee of an event you teleport to one area for that event, if your a spectator you teleport to the guest area for that event. Teleporting to the guest area automaticly buys you a "ticket" for that event set at whatever cost the event promoter wants (minimum is 1 ped which is solely mindark fee, anything over goes into the prize pool). The ticket will allow the person to enter the guest area all they want for the entire period of the event.

The same event terminal would have rentals for these event areas. It would cost more depending on the number of partcipants you allow and the number of guests you allow The event promoter must pay (in advance) a fee for every guest seat they allow, and every particpant they allow, so you rent a building that can seat 100 guests max and host 20 particpants max. This fee for examplke could be 120 ped. This would rent you a building that would hold that many, max. You could upgrade to a larger building but not downgrade. The fee is non-refundable.

Once the building is rented and you paid your fees (rental fee + calandar listing fee), the event is listed and promoted. There would also be additional fees you can select.

- event trophies. The event promoter can select from a very wide selection of trophies for the events winners. These are picked and PAID for beforehand. They can range from
-- trophy cups of various designs and styles. (designs specificly for different types of events)
-- trophy stands of various types with figures of boxers or animals or whatever on them and various sizes.
-- banners that have a custom message across them for the different winners.
-- wreaths and crowns to put on the winners with custom messages
-- crowns, teiras, etc.. of various sizes and types
-- whatever else prizes that would make nice nicknacks for houses or to be worn by the winner.
- The trophies would be tagged, permenetly, with the event name, date and place the prize was for (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). This info would be viewable by looking at its info, or if its a banner it would also include a custom message that would be visible by anyone when the person is wearing it.
- The trophies would be expensive, badges and tiny cups would be say 10-50 ped, and the large trophies like as tall as an avatar or banners or crowns etc.. could be several hundred to thousands of peds. Basicly every type of trophy would have cheap options and expensive options.
- Trophies are tradeable/dropable but are permently tagged by with the winning avatar's name, date of the event, name of the event, and place that the trophy was for.
- Trophies are not given to the event coordonator, but are awarded by the terminal to the winner, the event cord specifies who the winner was in the terminal and the winner can pick up their prize (this would be necessary in order to tag it by an avatar's name).

- You can also purchance a global annoucement about the event, and a global annoucement about the outcome of an event (very expensive say hundreds of peds)
- You could even purchance an offical mindark avatar to be present at the event, this would cost probably 1000-2000 ped and they avatar would be there (money to pay the employee to login and spend time at the event).

Basicly the event terminal should have a callendar to list events that are player ran, and do not need a special building, and the terminal should also rent out special buildings. The fees collected for the number of people the terminal can fit and the spectator fee they pay to view are used to pay for server hosting costs. You could buy a building to host 1000 people and mindark would dedicate enough server power and bandwith for that event to make sure it dosn't lag even if 1000 people are in the area, plus it would automaticly be divided up into sections so that only say 30-40 people max are in each area in the spectator stands. that way noone excessively lags. (can't have 1000 people in the same area with the current game mechanices even if the servers had enough bandiwth and cpu to support it).

So events without special buildings are cheap, events with special buildings your paying to make sure that there is enough server power devoted to the area to avoid or lower the risk of lag.

raeky said:
- You can also purchance a global annoucement about the event, and a global annoucement about the outcome of an event (very expensive say hundreds of peds)
- You could even purchance an offical mindark avatar to be present at the event, this would cost probably 1000-2000 ped and they avatar would be there (money to pay the employee to login and spend time at the event)..

Purchance a global??? You must be joking... what a bad idea
Maybe you didnt notice but not all things in life are about money, besidez the best things in life are free...

btw why should it be excpensive? only rich organizers are able to effort it, or it has to be charged back to the ppl joining the event, and I dont think they like to pay for a global.

Up till now most events have been organized very well, why should making it cost money professionalize it all of a sudden???

I dont buy it, I think some ppl just see a way to make money out of events, but trying to make money out of it just wont work...

I think MA should help players to set up a system to help organize it, not charging money, nor should it cost money to rent a event area.

Anyway, whatever the system looks like, I realy hope there will be a choice to make ppl pay, so it is still possible to NOT charge for participating. Eventually it will all go out of the total price money.

Singular said:
Purchance a global??? You must be joking... what a bad idea
Maybe you didnt notice but not all things in life are about money, besidez the best things in life are free...

btw why should it be excpensive? only rich organizers are able to effort it, or it has to be charged back to the ppl joining the event, and I dont think they like to pay for a global.

Up till now most events have been organized very well, why should making it cost money professionalize it all of a sudden???

I dont buy it, I think some ppl just see a way to make money out of events, but trying to make money out of it just wont work...

I think MA should help players to set up a system to help organize it, not charging money, nor should it cost money to rent a event area.

Anyway, whatever the system looks like, I realy hope there will be a choice to make ppl pay, so it is still possible to NOT charge for participating. Eventually it will all go out of the total price money.

Well in case you didn't notice but mindark employees need food, clothes and rent for their houses. And why the hell do we want to see 50 billion stupid annoucements about stupid events that none gives a flying flip about. If the global costs 1000 ped do you think that you'll see very many?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be able to see what people say and skill gains instad of 50 blue notices a second from every idiot and their brother.

You may run some events, but that dosn't make you the all knowing authority about how events should be ran. These features WILL NOT be free, no matter how much you cry.

raeky said:
Well in case you didn't notice but mindark employees need food, clothes and rent for their houses. And why the hell do we want to see 50 billion stupid annoucements about stupid events that none gives a flying flip about. If the global costs 1000 ped do you think that you'll see very many?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be able to see what people say and skill gains instad of 50 blue notices a second from every idiot and their brother.

You may run some events, but that dosn't make you the all knowing authority about how events should be ran. These features WILL NOT be free, no matter how much you cry.

Whats your problem mate?
I never claimed to be any authority on events, I just post my opinion like you do. Do you have a problem with that?

I believe your completly missing the point here, and an other thing... didnt you quit PE, so what are YOU crying about?

MA employees needing food and rent??? what does that have to do with anything, dont PE employees make enough out of all the other things that cost money, dont they get a regular paycheck? What do you care?

50 billion stupid announcement about stupid events that none give a flying flip about?

I think you can choice to see eventchat like you can in soc chat, so you dont need to see any announcements on stupid events none give a flying flip about

By the way if its just about stupid events none give a flying flip about, WTF do you care? You dont seem to like them...

Last edited:
Globals are sent to everyone on all chats, well maybe not if your on Team, or Society, or Events... but in All you see global messages (those big red ones). There should be under absoutely no circumstance that a player would have the ability to make one of those at their will not without EXTREME cost. The cost would be to make sure that if a player does one that its absoutely vitial and necessary. (1000 ped i think is approprate. ;-).

I sold out, and that dosn't mean I wouldn't have opinion about PE anymore, specificly these. And I did pickup from the tone of your posts that you think your opinion is more imporant then others, or whatever. You make statements like there fact, and they're not. These features should not be free. If they're free they get more abuse (i.e. auction?). A minimum of 1 ped fee to do ANYTHING in the event terminal should be there. I think 10 ped to list an event on the calandar, and then a substanstial fee (that goes to mindark) for rental of a specific area/building (to allow them to pay for additional servers to dedicate to the events, less lag).

No free globals, no free event listings, period.

Reaky i dont see the Point why Events should have Fees. They meant to Support the Communety to make something Interessting, motivating People to stay in Pe and giving bored People Tasks to do something out of Ordenary.

Pe get compared a lot with RL Casinos. A lot of good Casinos offer free Entertainment even free Drinks Food and Housings to their Clients just making sure they Come back and Gamble. Why should PE goes a different way ? I dont think they can't pay their Rents anymore if they decide not making Monney with an Event System ,)

If you able to do a Spawn Event MA will make the usal Monney from Weapon and Ammo Decay. People will spend Monney to donate Prices for their Events.

If you make Events Expensive this means it will be less Events and People wont Come or scared to organize one. Nobody need a pretty Cool Event System nobody use because the Costs. 1000 Ped for a Broadcast, sorry but who will use that ? Imagine what you can buy for Prices for 1000 Ped who make mutch more Sense for an Event than a Single Message who is off the Screen in some Seconds. About your Concerns with the Broadcasts. There is a Event Chat Channel and i have never seen a Message in it. This would a great Use for that Channel and if someone dont want to Listen he can Ignore that Chat.

I accept your Opinion because i think you make you Real Concerns about possible Exploits but i dont share it. We shouldn't forget the Goal of such an System is to make PE a more Funny and Interessting Place to stay. The Effords People put in a Event System to improve PE for other Gamblers has also some Value for MA because they outsourced the Ressources to create and Perform Interessting Quests and Events for the Communety. If you put Incredible Ammounts of Time, Organisation and Some Monney for Prices into a Event you wont like to get Extra Charged to use the new Tools. I would love to see the Event System as a Contribution form MA to their Base :hug:

my :twocents: about this Point

Kind Regards

Fiona

Back