Info: F macro or Bot .. is it allowed in any circumstance?....

-JJ-

Old
weeeeeeeLittle JJ killerOfWhatever
So after being around for a few yrs and talking with people now and then, sometimes the topic would come up about people who use macro or bots, and when i asked them if it was allowed or not and under what circumstances .. (since anyone thats been around for long enuff all know people do macro and bot)
i seemed to get differing answers depending on who i asked .. so i decided why not just ask mindark and see what their official answer is so this is that support case :

O10Js8R.png

so there it is in black and white..(well black and green) lol

most of us knows it happens, and i find it particularly amusing when i catch a broken mayhem bot jumping around and shooting in a outpost
building for hrs, and my personal favorite the twitch streamer that was also showing his webcam while his avatar was playing by itself
(with him not in the chair) and then seen arriving at the computer to check some things, resume the automation, stand with hands in pockets,
then walk out of the room with the other person while the avatar continues to play lmao

i could go on but it will be interesting to see some of the comments and other shared info like mine and about their own experiences :)

Rules are one thing, enforcement is a different story...let me know when they start enforcing this, instead of turning a blind eye.

Edit: To elaborate, I'd love it if MA actually enforced not allowing automated gameplay. It might improve market values, and they might actually put some work in improving the gameplay of this game...

Last edited:

Seriously....

Better Call Saul

(You appear to have no idea what people you are dealing with in Entropia, quite a lot of them are pretty ruthless and dont obey 'rules' and 'nice')

Rules are one thing, enforcement is a different story...let me know when they start enforcing this, instead of turning a blind eye.

Edit: To elaborate, I'd love it if MA actually enforced not allowing automated gameplay. It might improve market values, and they might actually put some work in improving the gameplay of this game...
Hopefully they wake up and enforce it, markets been suffering for a while cause of the bots. Mayhem is also botted to hell, making anyone not using one at a disadvantage. I don't expect anything though, given their dogshit track record.

Spamming F in a non shared area should be punishably. For melee users its a nightmare when players hunts around you and they are like "Move away".

I had today this interaction 2023-03-23 17:52:42 [FROM: I have to censor his name] been here 3 weeks u come to my spawn acting like its yours u will be ok princess

Gonna add this : ^ this person was my 30-40% mob finisher after that message for 20 mins.

Spamming F in a non shared area should be punishably. For melee users its a nightmare when players hunts around you and they are like "Move away".

I had today this interaction 2023-03-23 17:52:42 [FROM: I have to censor his name] been here 3 weeks u come to my spawn acting like its yours u will be ok princess
well remember the other day when... some player from a pvp soc bring us all the area because we appear to hunt there some robots... :p MA need to do something with botters yep.

PUTS on f macros?

well remember the other day when... some player from a pvp soc bring us all the area because we appear to hunt there some robots... :p MA need to do something with botters yep.

Those live support avatars should be able to logout bots on planet when they interacting with other players.

This has been the case since pretty much Day 1. Folks have a hard time with the concept that cautious policy enforcement is sometimes due to classification ambiguity (it may be hard to systematically separate botters from non-botters with sufficient accuracy), not just policy ambiguity. Just because you can get away with something doesn't mean you should. Of course, there is still plenty of policy ambiguity around the peripheral details.

I think just putting an official public statement about using any type of macro being a ban would do a good amount. I'm withdrawing and have stopped cycling my normal 20k+ daily ped because of how bad the markets are due to botters with high level gear and a lot of money. The disconnect people have when they can put so little of effort in causes them to be happy to sell all their loot for rock bottom prices. On top of that disconnect, they're generating far more materials than before, which of course kills the market. MA is taking the short term money boost from allowing the big cyclers to macro, but it will kill the game if nothing is changed. Most markets are already dead and many cyclers without great looter and top efficiency guns will simply walk away as the game is even more of a money pit than it used to be from the economy being pretty horrendous now.

I think just putting an official public statement about using any type of macro being a ban would do a good amount. I'm withdrawing and have stopped cycling my normal 20k+ daily ped because of how bad the markets are due to botters with high level gear and a lot of money. The disconnect people have when they can put so little of effort in causes them to be happy to sell all their loot for rock bottom prices. On top of that disconnect, they're generating far more materials than before, which of course kills the market. MA is taking the short term money boost from allowing the big cyclers to macro, but it will kill the game if nothing is changed. Most markets are already dead and many cyclers without great looter and top efficiency guns will simply walk away as the game is even more of a money pit than it used to be from the economy being pretty horrendous now.

If it will make you feel better you will get to see a picture of some concept art tomorrow. 🖼️

So after being around for a few yrs and talking with people now and then, sometimes the topic would come up about people who use macro or bots, and when i asked them if it was allowed or not and under what circumstances .. (since anyone thats been around for long enuff all know people do macro and bot)
i seemed to get differing answers depending on who i asked .. so i decided why not just ask mindark and see what their official answer is so this is that support case :

O10Js8R.png

so there it is in black and white..(well black and green) lol

most of us knows it happens, and i find it particularly amusing when i catch a broken mayhem bot jumping around and shooting in a outpost
building for hrs, and my personal favorite the twitch streamer that was also showing his webcam while his avatar was playing by itself
(with him not in the chair) and then seen arriving at the computer to check some things, resume the automation, stand with hands in pockets,
then walk out of the room with the other person while the avatar continues to play lmao

i could go on but it will be interesting to see some of the comments and other shared info like mine and about their own experiences :)
Problem is that its black on green.

Botters like Strawberry Jam(i changed his name so nobody knows who i am talking about) dont even hide it anymore on forum.

This is dead horse no point bitch an moan about it Nothing gona change.

Last edited:
Those live support avatars should be able to logout bots on planet when they interacting with other players.
Back in 2018-2019 whenever i contacted live support guy they came and sometimes the bot will reply or they use to log them out .

But since December 2020 whenever i message them they ask me to create support ticket.

I think the F macro is still the most harmless of all botty things. It just lets you spend money while you're not looking. In some cases it gets used for farming rare high-markup loot from small mobs, that's a sore spot with all honest players. But consider that these people never make back anywhere near the cost for the electricity running their computers. May they roll in their stupidity, and the parents who don't care.

Something bigger this way comes, though. And good luck with detecting it. Also forget silly pvp suggestions, that's the first activity these things are going to solve.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-real-robot-invasion.292712/

Yeah, but how can they tell if it’s me hitting F for 12hours or my auto clicker.

Edit: however that is a joke. Like they have designed the perfect game to be a macro game.

I think what they mean is, we will say it’s not allowed, but actually it’s how 90% of people play so we are t actually going to do anything about it.

I like how in these bot spawns they have added the vanguard bots with massive range. Sort of slows down the botting

Yes, no, maybe so.

Yeah, but how can they tell if it’s me hitting F for 12hours or my auto clicker.

Pretty simply, the one time i have asked an ingame official to remove a botter from a maffoid tent, he just tp there invisible, he changed the equipped item on his hand from gun to heal, and after the avatar did nothing for like 1 min but healing, he was logged off.
Maybe also PM'ed him, but i cant see that ofc.

This botter maybe used a bot ordered from wish, even the movement of the avatar was so strange, one can notice something is off immediately when looking at the avatar.

Well, ofc the botter logged back like a 15-20 min later, so not like anything happen if they catch a botter.

Pretty simply, the one time i have asked an ingame official to remove a botter from a maffoid tent, he just tp there invisible, he changed the equipped item on his hand from gun to heal, and after the avatar did nothing for like 1 min but healing, he was logged off.
Maybe also PM'ed him, but i cant see that ofc.

This botter maybe used a bot ordered from wish, even the movement of the avatar was so strange, one can notice something is off immediately when looking at the avatar.

Well, ofc the botter logged back like a 15-20 min later, so not like anything happen if they catch a botter.
I would say that is complex and not easy. Works with one sure. However when you start talking about banning 90% of the top 100 hunters and revenue generators it gets very very messy.

The logical thing to do would be to get rid of F and change all mobs to have bodyzones and shortterm specific immunities/vulnerabilities that can heavily impact their loot quality. This would force players to hunt actively.
From a mindark perspective however this also would reduce their revenue considerably, they cant do this without a serious growth in playerbase and it still would likely alienate a large number of current players and potential future players.
The best case for both worlds should be to do step 1 with new selected content that is highly rewarding while leaving existing content with an official automated function, that way they could keep the revenue while providing those players who actively play even better rewards.
Other options for active gameplay could be to get rid of skillbonuses from mobkills unless the mobs were killed through active gameplay involving combat moves and bodyzones.
But having such enhanced system features also means there would have to be clear documentation and information for players, so we dont end up with support flooded by cases by players who didnt realise that some content is different then others.

Wait, people are botting??

Jokes aside, I would suggest some kind of random events to already get rid of simple macro's.
This would already fix 95+% of the botting going on. For the other 5% with more advanced bots, MA should invest in a bot busting program. Depending on how much information they grab from a user playing this shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world. Allot of major MMO games can ban bots within the hour of them starting.

That said, this comment is useless because MA makes money on the marcro/botter's anyway so they won't fix it.
Hope Unreal Engine 5 is different as the games future really depends on it.

I mean, they could do stuff like summer mayhem ... Assassination? (the one with the shields, and shadow and buffs and what not) but that stuff feels so cluncky in this game that I dunno if many people would enjoy that. Not even talking about the lower cycling thing. Its just that anything that involves aiming and walking, even avoiding standing in bad, is super annoying (granted, to me!). I enjoy this in other games, but not here. I mean everything to reward active gameplay has to feel fitting for the game and be fun too, otherwise the grind that people try to avoid by using bots, would be even worse. Maaaybee with the new engine it feels less odd but Im not holding my breath.

I dont have an idea how to solve the bot problem, and Im not even sure it is a problem. By that I mean, if we somehow magically got rid of it right now, would the game be better? Prices, MU, Player numbers, the games whole existence could be threatened. I dunno how prevalent this thing is outside of Mayhem. I have only seen one guy doing it to the point it interfered with me. And I dunno how important it is for the economy to limit it in instances (I guess that means im hunting the wrong god damn monsters? I just realized this lol) But I mean come on, if the way to profit is 12h of pressing "f" and watching netflix, what do we expect. The activity itself is so booooring, whats fun is the fiddling with the numbers, wiki, excel and all that happens when your not pressing "f". But I think Mayhem should be shortened, maybe allow entrance during the redulite mission, and then you're done. I dunno

The only thing I can come up with, that wouldnt interfere with cycling, wouldnt be crazy annoying and would be very hard to make a bot do, is something involving looking in a specific cardinal direction. I take that back, that sounds horrible game loop wise and doesnt really fit most monsters. If instances are a problem, shorter ones? Maybe 1h max?

Take a leaf out of Runescape's book from their anti-botting techniques in 2004. How about an evil Chirpy event?
That brings back some memories but yes, this could be an example.
As long as you can't target it with spamming F and it hits through armor or does percentage health damage it could work.

In my head I was thinking something in the line of a manual reload that's required after long grinding session, with some kind of poppup or dedicaded key (offcourse pressing it when not needed should give a penalty).

thinking about it from everyone's perspective, including mindark, there might be some possible solutions that would reward active players, but still allow some afk/auto, but only in permitted areas , for example make it a context menu from the F key to use auto mode and simply give a msg in areas where its not allowed and block the action a bit like the red msg we get when we cant do something like shoot a mob from a vehicle gun lol

using that other game someone mentioned earlier as an example, they have a good idea that allows some afk, but rewards active players by randomly giving a bonus on a rock while mining, u can afk it but it will be slower and less xp and a progress bar will randomly appear on a different rock that people need to maintain active action on that decreases if they dont, this makes the player have to watch and change rocks to get the bonus xp and faster mining

i think something similar could be done to mobs and other things so active players will have to target the right mobs/things if they want to get the most out of loots / xp gain, it might i imagine keep most players and mindark happy cos lets face it if they banned or punished every person that automates including the mayhem bots and instance bots etc then that could be alot of player and revenue loss for them lol

Back