Feffox Mayhem Feedback!

Yeah I was pretty stoked when I heard it would be for all skill/gear levels.

Then I was extremely /sadface when I found out how hard they were, so I didnt even try to compete.

i dont get it..they hitted for 1 in cheap armor every1 can afford..gremlin orso
it cant get any easyer thne that

... See, afaic, if they don't have the times to post when they released the info on positions, then they probably didn't even look at whether or not people went over the 40 hours. If they really checked it, then they had it available in a nice, easy to divulge format, so wtf didn't they post the times for? Seriously...if the had the info, why not post it. I don't think they check ANYTHING, that is my personally feeling.

Basically, I just don't see how they could have got the results out that quick if they cared about accuracy and fairness.

I must confess that I feel the same thing.

Maybe we don't need a timer because they don't care for time limit anyway.

i dont get it..they hitted for 1 in cheap armor every1 can afford..gremlin orso
it cant get any easyer thne that

So, every newbie (remember, all gear and skill levels as stated in client loader) CAN in fact afford Gremlin, full TT, with a set of plates, a fap, a gun with enough DPS to efficiently hunt these mobs down... With 92 hp?

MA really, really did say something wrong and it is sad to see people actually try to back them up...

"everyone could afford that"

oh yeah what the fuck would happen if ALL the newbies who can now afford it, would suddenly rush out to buy a gremlin + 5b + a gun (prolly UL NON SIB since L SIB requires a certain level) which this event did not.

Event was not really made for everyone even tho they stated it... Discrimination for the newbies lol

Hello Kim,

there is my personal ading to all the good feedback already received:

- Make sac distribution totally random and at anytime (current system use "periods" in which everyone can loot "non rotten" sac) because current system give an unfair advantage to those with infinite time (they can enter and exit non stop with friend watching for drop periods)

-ading event prize in cave loot (would be more exiting)

I very much appreciate that ma heard us after winter mayhem and this system is trully better than old one but the first point i sayd here is really important to me, this kind of event have to be fair for people that are not in big soc with people to warn them. (just check at leaderbord to see who are the winners :D noone will believe it was just luck)

1. All avatars winning a prize in this event were checked very thoroughly to make sure that they had actually looted themselves the Feffox sacs corresponding to their point total. I am happy to report that we found zero instances of cheating or attempts to cheat in the top 100.

2. Time spent in the instances was also verified carefully for everyone in the top 100. In fact, five participants within the top 100 were disqualified for exceeding the 40 hour specified time limit.

3. Generating the results for the Merry Mayhem event was quite time consuming due to the issues with instance server crashes. Calculating time lost and adjusting the scores for each affected participant for each crash proved to require a huge amount of database work to ensure that the final results were fair and accurate. Obviously we wished to avoid a similar situation with the Feffox event, so it was structured in such a way that we could generate the results very quickly once the event was completed.

MindArk already have plans for new instance and quest system features that will improve the ability of planet partners to create more enjoyable and exciting events of this nature. Those planned new features -including the much needed event timer suggested by many of you here- will greatly improve your experience in and enjoyment of future events.

Your feedback is very valuable in the post-event review and future event planning processes, so please keep the suggestions rolling in!

Thanks! :)

Had an idea. Next time, have some sort of 'Mayhem token' (worth 0.0001pec) that are looted at random from these event mobs. These tokens would be trade-able and could be traded in to an NPC for special limited items at the end, or sold to other avatars. This would make it so that everyone who participated in the event gets at least a little something. It doesn't have to be anything super amazing, just SOMETHING so that the rest of us don't feel like losers ;)

Even the people who didn't win endured the higher than normal losses after all :ahh:

1. All avatars winning a prize in this event were checked very thoroughly to make sure that they had actually looted themselves the Feffox sacs corresponding to their point total. I am happy to report that we found zero instances of cheating or attempts to cheat in the top 100.

2. Time spent in the instances was also verified carefully for everyone in the top 100. In fact, five participants within the top 100 were disqualified for exceeding the 40 hour specified time limit.

3. Generating the results for the Merry Mayhem event was quite time consuming due to the issues with instance server crashes. Calculating time lost and adjusting the scores for each affected participant for each crash proved to require a huge amount of database work to ensure that the final results were fair and accurate. Obviously we wished to avoid a similar situation with the Feffox event, so it was structured in such a way that we could generate the results very quickly once the event was completed.

MindArk already have plans for new instance and quest system features that will improve the ability of planet partners to create more enjoyable and exciting events of this nature. Those planned new features -including the much needed event timer suggested by many of you here- will greatly improve your experience in and enjoyment of future events.

Your feedback is very valuable in the post-event review and future event planning processes, so please keep the suggestions rolling in!

Thanks! :)

Thanks for that feedback. It probably was a lot easier to verify, you are right. But since the onus was on us to keep track of time, I feel that we deserve to know how accurate our time keeping was, and would really appreciate a list of times. If there aren't timers in place by next event, it would definitely be beneficial to us to know the accuracy of our own time keeping, and therefore make it more likely for more people to participate in the next event if we knew how accurate our individual time-keeping systems actually were.

Hello all,

First i have to say that this new Feffox Event was a very good idea , i loved the story/cave/design...

I also totally agree with most of the earlier posts ..like

.) adding a timer
.) also looting /earning some "mission token" which are tradeable or you can exchange it with the other mission token from the existing missions to gain more for better things ..
This would also encourage ppl who have no chance to get into the top 100 (and also doing the existing mission token missions)
.)Eu beginners didnt have a chance to try the event due to too much hp/damage from the mobs

.) i dunno how much work this would be but what about that...

Since the tp´s to the instances are only an ava teleport to another Server which hold the instances,i would love to see several "Event-Tp´s" around the planet to get the ppl first to a hall or something where several token broker´s are (maybe also some token-exchange for a little Skill-Implant),big scoreboards/event infos and also for upcoming events are on giant ad-screens and from there the you can choose the right entry to all the caves through the several teleporters...

Basically i think it would be better to take more caves into the programm...each cave goes for TEN-Levels cave1 (lvl1-10) , cave 2 (lvl11-20) etc....
Its technically the same ...if 100 ppl are in cave 3 or 10 ppl in 10 differnet caves

This would split up the huge difference like it was in normal mayhem where lvl 35 hunters with their guns must "fight" against lvl 48 hunters with better gear/sib weapons (e.g. merry mayhem instance number 3)

.) Also the timing was not the best one ...during i was shooting the lv75 Vanguards this event showed up,so all ppl went into the feffox caves and the robots were bored at the event spawns.
.)The basic loot in the cave was terrible,so i could not make as many hours i wanted to do..

In sum i love these events/instances and if they would be improved in the future they will become even more better :)

Eddie

I'm still confused why the FUCK I wasted my time in a Cat 4 cave that was guaranteed to lose.

You shouldn't have the chance to put 40.1 hours in and get disqualified.

Or not get disqualified. Given that no times were listed for the winners makes me think MA did not keep track or were loose with the rules. We didn't even know if time continued when you crashed and logged back in to the same instance, so I'm sure people calculated differently. It seems very odd to me that no one has complained about being disqualified.

As for suggestions:

1. Timer that we can see, that keeps you out after the time limit is reached.

2. Fix whatever it was that was causing so many people to crash a lot, even with sound off.

3. It seemed very likely that there was some kind of "loot (sac) pool" where there were limited amounts available and they only dropped again when they were turned in, which means people could game the system and your "luck" could be influenced simply by the times you played. That sucks.

I won't comment on how wrong it is for one individual to take 3 of the top 20 places by playing 3 different avatars

Many people know which avatars you are talking about, so this is not really concealing an accusation.

I'll just say you should know more irl facts about the situation before you say "one individual".

Seeing the results made me think there is no difference between Christmas MM and this one.
Still ubers got all the prizes and I don't think that ubers are those that are helping the game with 90% of the deposit more like 90% of deposit are made by average players and maybe 10% are done by those that get the prizes all the time.
It's ok to be rewarded for having skills, but let's not forget the others.

lol..3rd place Thark is an uber? news to me.
Seeing the results made me think there is no difference between Christmas MM and this one.
Still ubers got all the prizes and I don't think that ubers are those that are helping the game with 90% of the deposit more like 90% of deposit are made by average players and maybe 10% are done by those that get the prizes all the time.

My feedback:

nice event - More events for miners and crafters, fullstop
:)

For new event I would:

Hold it in real life in a town somewhere in a country that allows alcohol once a year for 3 days. We would all be required to make card-board armor and wear blue underwear (for the guys) and guys with girl avatars would have to hire a girl to be their avatar, but they could stand by her and control her by proxy. And we would have name tags. And there would be random heavy pinata's that swing down randomly into town and attack us and we can kill them and loot falls out, and there would be a PvP ring with mud or jello in it. And we would all camp like Burning Man and have music and dance (but only the dance styles in game) And there would be a craft food service tent. And vendors selling things. And any babies being born during it would get rare baby avatars in game.

Were good:
Caves, fun factor, loot balance were fairly ok imo

Could be improved:
Timer, servers, leaderboard, expanded prizes section or categories (and/or more diverse loot and/or adjustments to the token wave spawns).

The event was designed with feedback from the last Merry Mayhem in mind, one major example being reducing the consequences of crashing

Seriously..
I didn't participate becouse

1. I hate ppl who reduce defense cost/increase kill speed by trapping(I hate devs who provide the option even more).
2. My GC + reader decays enough from out of ram errors & I like to play WITH sounds, it's 2013 FFS

How about using time spent in the event to pick category? To be honest I find the max hours a bit long. I did MM solo and i was bored to death already half way doing the same over and over again. It is also the reason why my max laser skills are just 37 after over 10 years of playing. Hunting is monotonous!
Combine it all with some riddles and quests, even mining and crafting. That would tease my brain.

I agree, thanks for asking for feedback. I stopped reading replies after the 3rd page because people already said most of the good stuff. Oleg hit the points I really wanted to say. Cave 4 was nearly impossible to hunt except for handful of avatars (maybe more, but either way under 1% of all EU population is my guess)
Most ended up in the same cave - so that seemed to make having 4 caves less meaningful. I don't really like how the prizes get sent - number 100 gets a prize but someone above them gets nothing. I like the random places getting a prize like that, but maybe make the cut-off 100th place. There can always be a small prize for 99th place
(like a 1 ped TT weapon or whatever)
I loved the cave layout - as navigating added to the challenge (not a whole lot) but more than any other event of this kind.
I also think the time method is great - but like everyone said 100 times - we need a timer.
Also I have to say again - handing in the sacs was terrible. I had a support case because it went badly at the last minutes of event.
I dont' know overall it was really good I thought. More choices, more freedom.

Please address any "exploit" possible - as mentioned by the above posts.

pretty much all been said, but

good:
-cave design, event in general
-results posting quickly

bad:
-feffox little hard for lower level folks
-hanging ivy/moss in caves blocks shots
-definitely need timer, even if its only one for when your in the cave per session, least we could add it up. pretty sure this case you making things easy for ma at the expense of the players.
-should have had the mob loot some sort of gun that could actually be used to kill at the very least the low maturity. drawing 60% the hunters away from looting guns skews market pricing and makes people participate in the event less if their guns are high mark up. thought this was learned long time ago from migration events.
-40 hours is kind of a lot of time to put in 2 weeks for causal gamers

Ugly:
-Feffox model was fugly
-sac drops should in no way been game-able, no wave phenomena. true random required
-crash issue due to sounds, who play tested the instance? you guys have got to test more thoroughly, always these same damn kind of bugs

Reactions: Mac

I won prizes in both solo and team in cat 2 MM and I am in no way considered uber... I was only 3/4 to max level of cat 2 level cap in my highest profession and I wasn't even using a gun in that profession to do the instances. so non-ubers win also.

It just takes some planning and dedication as I did have to find a steady supplier of guns and amps after the first hour of MM solo. First hour was used to figure out the mobs. This did take a couple days, I found a gun supplier and I found a crafter that had the amp bp but was out of my skill to buy the bp and craft myself, so I agreed to supply the components and have him craft the items. So i went on a non MM hunting spree to get components first. Once I was secured in being able to run the rest of MM instances I then hit them hard and prepared and it payed off.

Preparation is key if you want to have a chance to win something, that or have a big arse pocket book to buy your way to success. Because to win you need good weapons and during events, those weapons become more spendy, just like beer when your at a public game, or lake outing on a hot day, you can prepare and bring your own cooler or you can buy the expensive stuff from the vender right there, same logic here just different senerio.

I myself was only in the lower instance for a short time before I came to the conclusion this was not my event. Event looked awesome, it did take me 20min plus of clicking on entry point to get into the event but once inside looked real nice, mob was cool, loot was horrible and when I spent my initial wad, I had 0 sacs :( And not much loot to sell to continue on.

I did not read all pages yet,
but as it has been a request for so long, think the ingame timer is the very first thing to go for.

You (MA/Caly team) did a very nice job getting the results out so fast (and i hope they're double-checked and accurate too).

Now for the feedback:
- Returning those sacks was a bloody pain, please do try to do point counting some other way.

... guess that's it,
Well done :)

(I do think this was a very fair event for all overall, even though high profile high ped-burning ava won, and others alike followed, and that's justified, but the concept is good)

I have one more thought for feedback. We've currently all got this mission opened, and i hate it when a mission just sits there opened and can't be finished properly (still have those crater missions i wasn't around to finish). How about giving everyone with any points on this mission a way to finish it, maybe even with a few tokens?

I would love to see a reward for everyone, joining the event, like 2 or 3 x skills.
We all pay a lot for this fun, and for most ppl payback was more as crap!

Instance Event

Kim,

It's good you are asking for feedback, but it is only worth what you are willing to read and listen to.

I have spent the last year buying better gear, because I couldn't manage to do all the things I wanted in the game, especially participate in events and have a chance of winning something.

It's interesting, if you carefully look at the results of every event for the past couple of years, the same names appear, over and over. Good for them. They are clearly smarter than I am in playing this game, I will be the first to admit that.

I realized recently that I have in excess of $30,000 USD invested in equipment and items in this game, and yet I still deposit regularly.

With that being said, after more than 6 almost 7 years in the game, the time has come for me to say, enough is enough. I have had one 9,800 ped loot recently, the largest ever I have had in the game, and the first one of any size in all the time I have played.

The flip side is you see the same people hitting big regularly. People say, they cycle lots of peds, or they use huge amps for mining or a bucket of other theories to explain why these same people reap so much success.

I took a break after the Xmas Mayhem was turned into instances, and decided to reconsider my game play. I slowly began to play again, only to realize that I am just going back to the same patterns.

So Kim, I hope you will take note of the fact that I am going to begin the liquidation process of my possessions in the game and withdraw every penny, and buy myself a new car. At least then, I will have something to show for the amount of money spent.

I challenge you to review my account, and answer the question that I have posed to support so many times. I only get back the same old crap cut and paste answers from the Guata Costa Mexi Rico support team you have responding to your customers.

I know that I am a drop in the pond, and I probably make no difference to MA or Planet Calypso, but if enough drops keep leaving, the pond will dry up someday.

Best Regards,

Dakin

For new event I would:

Hold it in real life in a town somewhere in a country that allows alcohol once a year for 3 days. We would all be required to make card-board armor and wear blue underwear (for the guys) and guys with girl avatars would have to hire a girl to be their avatar, but they could stand by her and control her by proxy. And we would have name tags. And there would be random heavy pinata's that swing down randomly into town and attack us and we can kill them and loot falls out, and there would be a PvP ring with mud or jello in it. And we would all camp like Burning Man and have music and dance (but only the dance styles in game) And there would be a craft food service tent. And vendors selling things. And any babies being born during it would get rare baby avatars in game.

-I´d like to order whatever he is having..:drink:

Reactions: Mac
Hell yea

-I´d like to order whatever he is having..:drink:

I dont think you can drink what he have ben taking :)
Awsome post tho, i whas :laugh: so hard

I have one more thought for feedback. We've currently all got this mission opened, and i hate it when a mission just sits there opened and can't be finished properly (still have those crater missions i wasn't around to finish). How about giving everyone with any points on this mission a way to finish it, maybe even with a few tokens?

I don't think there are any unfinishable crater missions, you can still finish them. I finished the last of them just before the missions changeover. But it would be good to get to finish the Feffox mission - May 6 onwards says the text.

well if you go to her now, the mission updates and the new objective is to wait til the 6th. so i guess thats when you finish it or thenm the next step will appear.

Regards
Thark

Back