FPC: Sneak Preview of New Switzerland (Planet Calypso)

Status

Marco|SDS

Prowler
Hello,

As part of the Entropia Community you will now see a couple of preview screenshots from the CryEngine2 converted New Switzerland area. Tweaks will be added as time pass, but this is how it looks right now. Something for the weekend. =) More shots will come later on.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

how sweet it is :yay: bring on more :wtg:

I love the day/night shots

And just when will we get to see it in first person !?

;);):cool::laugh:

Very nice work BTW. Looks great

Holy Crap!

That draw distance is excellent, the houses look great up against the mountains :D
I hope hunting is made more graphic, like actually showing bullets and blades impacting on the creatures, that would make hunting awesome!

COME ON CRYENGINE!! :yay::yay:

Last edited:
Wow, a fast response to the thread asking for new picts.
Thanks Marco, really glad you listen :)

Looks good.;)

A question: since there will be Day/Night cycles with Cry, will there be a "Force Sunlight" button in the Options? I mean, who's going to go hunting and mining in the dark? :scratch2:
(Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the realistic day/night cycling finally :wtg:)

It looks great, I am amazed how CryEngine 2.0 done with it, its :eek: well...still pixels etc and its virtual, but look at the night and fog photo, almost real

Those images look amazing! Thanks for sharing them with us Marco! :yay:

Cheers :beerchug:

shoooohooo :D awesome to see some pics thanks marco :) I really want the CE 2 now ^^

that looks bloody fudging awesome thanks Marco Day and night looks sweet:yay::yay::yay:

And just when will we get to see it in first person !?

this is 1st person. cryeng will also bring mindforce flying chip as well as flying vehicles with room for 2.

Well in that resoltion and compression I dont see that much of a difference TBH ;). Gotta say it is currently on of the best looking places already. I hope the mountains will be a lot higher in CE, more like 2000-3000m. That would give some awesome views.

My opinion

well he took an already good looking part of entropia and made it look better, how about showing what port atlantis looks like, since i think port atlantis is pretty ugly looking as far as apealing looks are concerned.

when i start seeing ugly places look fantastic then i will say WOW LOOK AT THAT.

im more concerned about the character game play and the character interaction as far as control. looks to me don't really matter, its just a benefit that you get when you already have a good game. if you have good graphics to hide the crappy game play, then it will show.

Time will tell......

Arf

ps: crysis warhead looks and plays SUPERB, lets hope MA staff was taking some notes when creating the new entropia.

That picture is way too small. We have seen bigger ones from other parts of Calypso and even a video! I think we are a little spoiled already so there's no need to take back a few steps.

Can we have BIG pictures please? :):):) *beg* :):):)

Tweaks will be added as time pass, but this is how it looks right now. Something for the weekend. =) More shots will come later on.

Looking good, but hard to really tell from such a low resolution/compressed static image.

Although, it reminds me a lot of Lord of the Rings Online with the DirectX 10 textures enabled, so not really vastly different/superior to other existing MMOs imho so far.

Has the issue with a large proportion of buildings/structures on Calypso being 3/4 (Hobbit?) sized when compared to the average avatar height also been fixed in the transition?

Ty ty ty ty

hehe thanks a lot Marco!!! :yay:
I knew my poll/petition wasn't for nothing :D

Lez.(happy! hapy! happy!) :wtg:

Id really like to see Twin Peaks or Port Atlantis, or Even more Hadesheim :)

New Switzerland looks great even in Gamebryo ;)

Nice one ;) good start into the WE ;)

Looks good.;)

A question: since there will be Day/Night cycles with Cry, will there be a "Force Sunlight" button in the Options? I mean, who's going to go hunting and mining in the dark? :scratch2:
(Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the realistic day/night cycling finally :wtg:)
well, probably we're gonna use mining lamp in one hand and finder in the other:) and shoulder flashlights for hunting, that would be sweet, to hunt with only a spotlight and pitch dark around you. imagine some trox agroing in this scenery :D

Looking good, but hard to really tell from such a low resolution/compressed static image.

Although, it reminds me a lot of Lord of the Rings Online with the DirectX 10 textures enabled, so not really vastly different/superior to other existing MMOs imho so far.

Has the issue with a large proportion of buildings/structures on Calypso being 3/4 (Hobbit?) sized when compared to the average avatar height also been fixed in the transition?

i think they need to put like a scale of weight and height during character building or modifying to help solve avatar issues.

its too hard to judge what the size of something is.

Arf

well, probably we're gonna use mining lamp in one hand and finder in the other:) and shoulder flashlights for hunting, that would be sweet, to hunt with only a spotlight and pitch dark around you. imagine some trox agroing in this scenery :D

Damn, Trox-Hunting at night with only a flashlight attached to you weapon would be sooo coool :yay:

Interesting. Small pictures but the fauna looks alot more realistic. I like it.
I especially like the fog. I really would love to stroll around in the fog, mining a little maybe... :)

So when is the houses up for sale? ;)

Hello,

As part of the Entropia Community you will now see a couple of preview screenshots from the CryEngine2 converted New Switzerland area. Tweaks will be added as time pass, but this is how it looks right now. Something for the weekend. =) More shots will come later on.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Finally something to drool....:wtg:
:yay:

i think they need to put like a scale of weight and height during character building or modifying to help solve avatar issues.

Although, that might give the Munchkins of Minopolis an inferiority complex.

;)

sw33t! hoping to see from future Hadesheim though :silly2:

:O

damn!
look at the mountain's textures! :eek:

yes FPC! Go on! Make us a great MMO!

Maybe other MMO's have graphics like that, but this is only a first throw, and The others don't have RCE :wtg:

Lez. (always glad to see FPC is communicating) :wtg:

Looks nice, and is a further reminder that I'd better get my new PC before CryEngine arrives :)

Will the houses be enterable?

Incidentally... NS is nice an all but....

ZYCHION ALREADY!!!

;)

Wistrel

PS the inside of the Pandora Tower would be good too (please its GOTTA have one this time right?)

Status
Back