FPC: Sneak Preview of New Switzerland (Planet Calypso)

Status
With all these tasty graphics that will push most computers to the edge and some way beyond are you able to answer how long it will take for the average mob to "appear"?

Even now it takes an age for items in shops to appear if you have the slightest bit of lag...

Not much good if the graphics make the game so laggy for most that an Atrox is invisible until you are lying dead at its feet.

looks good. Seems it's going to be ready this year!

With all these tasty graphics that will push most computers to the edge and some way beyond are you able to answer how long it will take for the average mob to "appear"?

Even now it takes an age for items in shops to appear if you have the slightest bit of lag...

Not much good if the graphics make the game so laggy for most that an Atrox is invisible until you are lying dead at its feet.

Sounds like your machine is screaming for an upgrade if your having items appear slowly in shops ;) Malls are almost lagless here. Bit slower to run in than out on open terrain but no issues with object draw lag or the such.

And no I don't have a super spec machine either, sub 1000 USD inc the 26" WS LCD is all it is worth today. 6.9 MS-Vista Gaming score.

...I hope hunting is made more graphic, like actually showing bullets and blades impacting on the creatures, that would make hunting awesome!

will we get to see blood now aswell ?

VU 6.1 - 6 OCT 2004
Blood spatters removed
The blood spatters when hitting creatures is removed. This should enhance client performance. Also, in some countries, the visualization of blood is forbidden. In the future more options will be available on this matter.

So it was removed to improve client performance as well as abide by laws in certain countries. Surely, CryEngine can deal with blood spatters as could any machine capable of running CryEngine... but that do not address the "other countries" issue... hmmm. I suppose no blood spatter in CryTopia.

Very nice :) Rather looking forward to this Cry upgrade :)

Thanks Marco :yay:

Are you going to post this on the other EU forums?

Or are these just for EF members?

So it was removed to improve client performance as well as abide by laws in certain countries. Surely, CryEngine can deal with blood spatters as could any machine capable of running CryEngine... but that do not address the "other countries" issue... hmmm. I suppose no blood spatter in CryTopia.

Well they can add it with an agreement you must click when you select to enable it ensuring MindArk is protected.

Or they can grey out the option to enable it for those who live in such countries with these laws by activation through your web profile/settings rather than an ingame option itself.

If the law was for a majority of countries then there is no use including it as Entropia would then have to carry an R18+ (or R21+ in some countries) rating rather than a mature audiences rating.

Thank you Marco

it looks wonderful ;>

Ahhh, the wooden satellite dishes. :)

We should ask Alf Svennsen about them next time Dion interviews him, specifically regarding if they were ever part of yet another unfinished story (if Dion ever comes back that is...)

Wistrel

Thats part of the current gamebryo engine. It is only loading things that you would see.

looks great can't wait let the engine come soon pls then i can go buy me a new graphic card :)

is there any info on what might be the minimum requirements for running EU with CryEngine?

Loading of items in shop IMO depends on 2 factors. 1st: Game server lets your PC know what items to load (connection speed is crucial) 2nd: Your PC loads those items from database on your HDD.

So in case of lag (connection) you mentioned, it doesnt matter if you run CE2 or current engine. You just wait for the server.

If you experience "stuttering" , loading/waiting, low frame per second etc., its not called lag and its because of yours PC generall performance.

Uh sorry maybe a bit OT :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Hi,

nice pictures eventhough in low-res. As it was mentioned, it will be further tweaked etc. So far the graphic looks ok to me, and the grapics could be improved on the run (VUs).

Id like to know:
1)What percentage of current amethera/eudoria/CND/CP landscape has been already redone?
2)Is the release date still valid?
3)Is the newer version (used in warhead) of engine used?
4)Min Specs

Thanks a lot for a quick and accurate answers.

Best Regards
Eman

wow looks nice,
are we allowed to know what spec PC you are running it on when you test it ig and how fast/slow it is on there? Unless the specs are going to be dramatically different.

Wow wow wow!

The trees in the distance are even 3D now instead of blurry 2D-objects. That is biggest improvement of all I think :yay:

Has always disturbed me :p

It is also pretty nice that there IS a true distance :p

Ok, looks cute!
It might be just my eyes but that cryengine doesn't look very dynamic to me... nor interactive...

But I guess the work is progressing... maybe in 2010 we'll have pictures of all places of eudoria and amthera...

wow looks nice,
are we allowed to know what spec PC you are running it on when you test it ig and how fast/slow it is on there? Unless the specs are going to be dramatically different.

A pentium3 with 1Gb of ram is more than enough to run lightwave...

wow looks nice,

I done a test on the "Crysis" Demo on highest and lowest settings...

Highest possible settings in the game gave 30-35 fps
Lowest possible settings in the game gave 120-130 fps

It should be noted that even on the lowest settings it visually looks great.

System used, Intel quad core 6600 2.4, 4 gig ram, 8800gtx.

Thanks for showing us the pictures. I know some people will not be satisfied until they see all of Entropia in Cryengine format, but it's nice to whet our appetites.

wow!!!!

It's something else...can't wait for the change...thnks..for the preview...:yay:

Thanks for showing us the pictures. I know some people will not be satisfied until they see all of Entropia in Cryengine format, but it's nice to whet our appetites.

Ya. It would however be nicer to see some of eudoria since eudoria at the moment looks crappier than ameth in terms of visuals. The ground textures i.e. looks poo. Literally at some places.

But I can understand if MA choose to hold on them for later.

To give us the biggest "AHA"-effect! :D

I hope the new layouts of the continents doesn't mess up our apartments... :S

Yeah that looks bad to the bone, so there is still hope! Cryengine2 is going to come one of these days :)

That picture is way too small. We have seen bigger ones from other parts of Calypso and even a video! I think we are a little spoiled already so there's no need to take back a few steps.

Can we have BIG pictures please? :):):) *beg* :):):)

Obviously those are pictures from Windows Mobile Crytopia! sheesh..

Obviously those are pictures from Windows Mobile Crytopia! sheesh..

Well, I'm waiting for a version which runs in lynx...

Like some others have said it doesn't really look too different from what it is now, overall, except for smoother edges on mountains, (apparent) day-night cycle and farther view distance, which I'm pretty sure could be achieved with gamebryo as well.

The resolution is too low to be sure but trees look a bit pixelated too, on the leaves (which I'm almost sure should actually look blurry and not pixelated if it was the pic's low resolution's fault).

The preview pictures/videos from next-island seem much more impressive and look like they have explored CryEngine's resources to a much greater extent than these New Switzerland pictures.

cant say that i am too excited about these screenshot. They are way too small for me to see the the details. THe day/night cycle is good but these pictures are just too small for my likings. Cant we have better pictures such as those from next island? I would even have 1 as my desktop wallpaper if they were bigger.

But anyway thanks for posting the screenshot, its nice to see u've made good progress into the engine. keep up the good work!;)

Hello,

As part of the Entropia Community you will now see a couple of preview screenshots from the CryEngine2 converted New Switzerland area. Tweaks will be added as time pass, but this is how it looks right now. Something for the weekend. =) More shots will come later on.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'm still waiting for that screenshot of the ce2 Warlock you spoke of.

Sad to see that max resolution will be 454x254 :laugh:

Bah, at least everybody will be able to play. :D

well, i'm waiting for a version which runs in lynx...

Code:
  ^
 /¨\  ~~~~ ~
/ ¨~\   ~~~~~~~~~~
 ¨¨ ~\    ~~  ~~~~~~
 ¨¨¨ ~\/\       ~~~~
~~/\~ /´`\        ~
~/[]\/~ ¨ \
| ¤¤ |~~ ´´\
| ## |~~~ ´`\

||
  ,~~~~~~''--
,´

There you go mate, there you can see 2 hills, a house, and some dusk, oh, and a beach.
Pretty accurate with the original one i'd say.

Status
Back