Suggestion: Further develop RDI Backpacks

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
Because people need reasons to play on a daily basis and not just in events, because people showed great interest throughout the gaming history in all games that attractive goals make them spend significant resources of time and money to complete, because over 20 high end high cost & dps weapons were pulled from vendor in last month, I think it's time to further develop and incentivise people to go RDI and it's time some offensive buffs are added to the RDI Backpacks so people start working on theirs. The RDI is the latest content zone developed and it's so far ahead from the rest of the game, mechanics-wise, design-wise and it's a shame not to push it further and get more out of it.

And since the game mobilised so hard to get on the mtokens train to farm for more bigger and better dps, you should upgrade the RDI Backpacks to be more meaningful and more powerful so more people jump in the RDI train, maybe make the A & B buffs permanent on the backpack to be used outside as well.

I suppose forum is the only way to solve things nowadays since our support tickets are being sent to trash can like any other time.
We want more content around RDI.Its already 2 years, nothing is happening.
Thanks.

RDI is a failed instance. Make something for the avg solo player instead nad it might find better sucess than this RDI.

It is something for the average player. You're a little out of loop with the game, this instance is recommended for lvl 60 or so, can be done with limited equipment.
The idea of the backpack is a more elaborate system of daily. Most people do dailies in game(s) and MA wanted for them to do something a bit more sophisticated rather than to kill 20 puny, 100 atrox, 100 longu. And they did. It just needs further backpack development to incentivise more people, that's all.

why buff up the backpack instead of offering other stuff... cool tactical gear for the rest of the avatar's body...

it sucks that the neomex cave is one of the first "dungeons" the game makes you discover through missions (you get the mission at cape corinth not long after you leave tutorial area)

yet its just an empty cave with mobs inside, nothing fancy. how about developing that cave into something meaningful, RDI-like for newer players?

In my opinion RDI would see a great deal more activity and more support to get further developed if the contracts could be done continuously.
Make it a weekly mission that gives 20 (or some other number, depending on balance decision) contracts as reward and counts in all rdi instances (A1/B1/C1) and leave it to the players how many rdi's they want to run and where. (Currently the contract mission seems to only count in A1)
This would increase the amount of players that will run another rdi with teammates after they already finsihed one because they can still get something out of it.
Not everyone plays in the same timezone and abit flexiblity in missions goes a long way.
And not everyone want to travel back to caly every day to hunt there, some would prefer if they can have an intense caly hunting day with friends and focus on several rdi runs for example.
Some RDI only codex mob would certainly increase activity too.

RDI is at risk of getting the space treatment if turnover/decay remain low compared to other activities not because of quality of content but because of lack of reward.

One of the RDI problem is almost nobody is willing to put the hard work and effort to collect 500 contracts for the 1st backpack, as the buff is pointless even more now with the monria suit. Also players don't see far enough to why they should go for it.

Another thing about RDI is that most players think that is an instance for high lvl players, but is not, lvl 30 players can run RDI if they want, but normally this players also have lack of knowledge and can't see the big picture.

Many more things could be said but well... Time will tell...

It is just quite a time investment. About an hour per executed contract, which means at least 1000 hours to complete second backpack right? And you are gated by 1-2 contracts per day, so the process takes at minimum a year and a half, assuming you don't get other avatars to help you.

It is for the most most dedicated amongst us...

It may be a jump that is too big for most players, even if they could handle it. I've not even got close to considering it. I don't know what I need to get in, don't know the costs, don't know how long I'd be tied up, don't know how much teamwork is required, don't know the chances of potential rewards, nor their value. I don't even know if I'd be laggy there after having gone to whatever trouble to try it.
There are probably some streams available, but to be honest, my trust levels of things MA makes like a pyramid of stages is super low. This is also true of long mission chains on other planets, however, so it could be the general concept allergy I have playing a part as well.

I remember that I did the instances on Ark where you needed keys and something like 40 mins to an hour to get the final treasure chest, but then they became broken in terms of loot payback and I didn't like even a lowish chance of losing connection, getting a CTD or having other RL stuff interfere with my run.

I don't know what I'd suggest as a solution for me. It may be like this for others, maybe not. But I doubt a better backpack would lure me personally. Maybe people who spend more time on Caly and don't have so much of what I describe above would be won over... but I doubt it.

The cap of 2 per day sucks. Gathering a team each day for 1.5year is too much work. Gathering a team and do RDI for 5-6hours/day once or twice a week would be much better. I’d prefer a solo instance tho so I could do it without bothering others ^^

It is something for the average player. You're a little out of loop with the game, this instance is recommended for lvl 60 or so, can be done with limited equipment.
The idea of the backpack is a more elaborate system of daily. Most people do dailies in game(s) and MA wanted for them to do something a bit more sophisticated rather than to kill 20 puny, 100 atrox, 100 longu. And they did. It just needs further backpack development to incentivise more people, that's all.
Ok, then its a thing about ppl not knowing that its even possible. And ppl are spreaded out so much in the diffrent planets.
A good thing would be if you could do instances from the event list and join up from anywhere like you can with mayhem events, this should be done with all instances in the game. You have a global instance page where you can join from anywhere if you have the correct items req to enter the instance. Game needs to be more helping than it is today, things needs to made more easier in form of entering or finding out with a tutorial what you could expect from certain things.
Even the the game and devs need to adapts to the world and how players interact with games today, ppl wont dig in and try things out like you used to. If your not breastfeed info they wont interact with the stuff and Mindark wants players to inteeract with their game so they need to change stuff up. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :LOL::LOL::LOL::unsure::unsure::unsure:🧑‍🦼👩‍🦼👨‍🦼

Last edited:
It may be a jump that is too big for most players, even if they could handle it. I've not even got close to considering it. I don't know what I need to get in, don't know the costs, don't know how long I'd be tied up, don't know how much teamwork is required, don't know the chances of potential rewards, nor their value. I don't even know if I'd be laggy there after having gone to whatever trouble to try it.
There are probably some streams available, but to be honest, my trust levels of things MA makes like a pyramid of stages is super low. This is also true of long mission chains on other planets, however, so it could be the general concept allergy I have playing a part as well.

I remember that I did the instances on Ark where you needed keys and something like 40 mins to an hour to get the final treasure chest, but then they became broken in terms of loot payback and I didn't like even a lowish chance of losing connection, getting a CTD or having other RL stuff interfere with my run.

I don't know what I'd suggest as a solution for me. It may be like this for others, maybe not. But I doubt a better backpack would lure me personally. Maybe people who spend more time on Caly and don't have so much of what I describe above would be won over... but I doubt it.

That's a lot of text for "I don't know anything about it and I don't care". You don't have to have an input on the matter if that's the case.

ppl wont dig in and try things out like you used to.
The top players dug and know all about it. The incentive is there it's just needs to be properly matched with the type of players for whom RDI was designed. A higher grade RDI Backpack would achieve this.

One of the RDI problem is almost nobody is willing to put the hard work and effort to collect 500 contracts for the 1st backpack, as the buff is pointless even more now with the monria suit. Also players don't see far enough to why they should go for it.

Another thing about RDI is that most players think that is an instance for high lvl players, but is not, lvl 30 players can run RDI if they want, but normally this players also have lack of knowledge and can't see the big picture.

Many more things could be said but well... Time will tell...
Level 30 players team can not complete RDI.

Pulling hard work is one thing, having budget to finance RDI grind non stop is another thing, unless they create new version for lower level players, something like beacon has, catered for all levels, down to level 10 avatars.

Those who have time and budget, it's decent content to go after, for rest not so much.

Monria suit was definitely not considered in balancing meetings... Too easy and cheap to get versus RDI backpack, however backpack looks way more cool then ugly spikes and garbage design.

Aren't there only like 2 backpacks?

I'm pretty lazy, but when I looked into these and found this

RDI Backpack:
To get the new RDI backpack you need 500 Contract to Kill. This is a daily mission you can take at Fort Medusa. You can only get 2 such contracts per day and only Sector A1 counts for now. Therefore it will take at least 250 days to gather 500 of these and before anyone can discover the new Backpack.

Then looked into how to do it... I quickly came to the conclusion it was not worth it and I could spent that time having fun.

For these to take off they need to, like most things in this game tidy it up and make the process simpler and some form of "cheat" to be able to gain more contracts in a day.

Aren't there only like 2 backpacks?

I'm pretty lazy, but when I looked into these and found this

RDI Backpack:
To get the new RDI backpack you need 500 Contract to Kill. This is a daily mission you can take at Fort Medusa. You can only get 2 such contracts per day and only Sector A1 counts for now. Therefore it will take at least 250 days to gather 500 of these and before anyone can discover the new Backpack.

Then looked into how to do it... I quickly came to the conclusion it was not worth it and I could spent that time having fun.

For these to take off they need to, like most things in this game tidy it up and make the process simpler and some form of "cheat" to be able to gain more contracts in a day.
The contracts are tradeable

That's a lot of text for "I don't know anything about it and I don't care". You don't have to have an input on the matter if that's the case.
Of course I care. That's why I wrote something to express my position.
It's not far from others who have looked into it above and decided against, just that I haven't even considered the finding out steps to likely be worthwhile and thus haven't taken them.
Surely it's better for devs, if they wish to improve things, to see some communication about players NOT doing stuff. I've taken the time to do that because I ...... yup, care about the development paths in EU and UE5.

I mean, it feels like a lot of work for the dev team to develop RDI further just so that 2 people can upgrade their backpack further? :p Tongue in cheek there, but yeah, feels like too few people do RDI to make it worth their while.

But on the "RDI should attract more people" thingy: Yeah that would be really cool. I personally like the idea of a scifi sorta dungeon. Id love to run it. But I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE dailies, who ever came up with that in the first place was an evil genius but i wont do it. I wanna play when I wanna play. So lemme grind aaaaal saturday long, and lemme have off on tuesdays. Also, 500 is way too much. Kinda bonkers for a "team-daily". On that note: can I has a solo version? Maybe it takes longer or what ever but most of the time I like to muck around alone in PE. Yeah I chat and Ill do a run or 2 with the soc but I dont wanna have a daily appointment for a group. Feels too much like WoW back in 2006 or when ever that was.

so for me, the 2 things that keep me from getting it:

- Im not doing dailys. Lemme grind as many contracts as I want back to back.
- Lemme do the instance alone.

For me personally, both things need to be ticked, but I can totally see the appeal tho. Uhh yeah maybe we can have a find group sorta function, only prob I see is that real money is envolved so I prolly still much prefer to do stuff alone.

Cheers

Last edited:
Lemme do the instance alone.
Who is not letting you to do it solo??

Also, it's not just 2 people, there are many players on the path...

Huh? I thought I was told it had those aoe kinda mobs, that deal too much dmg to tank alone? Or was it, that some mobs there needed to be burned down too fast for single person dps? (I guess with normal non-uber dps) something about regen or something? I feel like I tried, and couldnt do it alone. But maybe I missremember or something? My bad if Im under the wrong impression here. Maybe we need to get O2 or Legend or someone to write up a guide xD

When i first did RDI in 2020 i had to use perseus l, thunderbird l , ap plates to make it through in small team or go big team and spent even more time with less progress.
I could do it all but once i had my figures for time and effort as well as costs involved with l gear i knew i had to get an all unlimited setup for rdi that worked in a small team before actually going for the backpack.
2 and a half years later im nearly finsihed with my prep for rdi ;)

2 and a half years later im nearly finsihed with my prep for rdi ;)
and that ladies and gentlemen is what separates alpha chads like jbk from the rest of us

wish i had like 10% of your willpower lmao

Huh? I thought I was told it had those aoe kinda mobs, that deal too much dmg to tank alone? Or was it, that some mobs there needed to be burned down too fast for single person dps? (I guess with normal non-uber dps) something about regen or something? I feel like I tried, and couldnt do it alone. But maybe I missremember or something? My bad if Im under the wrong impression here. Maybe we need to get O2 or Legend or someone to write up a guide xD
It's not a piece of cake and it requires a lot of determination, definitely not for everyone. That was the point, to have a higher level of difficulty and to inspire team hunt and communication. But it's not the game that prevents you from soloing it. Again, if you need reminding, this is a competitive game and some people are more competitive than others. Also double check what you're being told.

I'm not suggesting to make it easier here, on the contrary, it's easy enough medium level players can do it (again, medium is a matter of perspective, I consider medium lvl 85 these days).

Again, it's not for only 2 players, there are at least 3 backpacks and a lot more players on the path of collecting contracts.

It would also be really nice to have better options for RDI Designs, they are tradable, their number small enough (tt) so maybe fancier purchase options in the vendor?

Back