General exploit discussion thread

DrGirlfriend

Prowler
Banned
Sheila Dr Girlfriend
This is the thread to discuss exploits without being off topic.

topics such as: the non decaying guns that were just removed

or the bristlehogs that can’t be tamed, give out valuable skills cheaply when the infinite failures commence

or the fact that the mayhem ring ares cellular mayhem debuff can be removed by changing server zones or instances every 1 minute 30 seconds until the 5 minute timer expires (the debuff is applied on a 2 minute timer that resets upon zone changes but the debuff timer itself doesn’t reset, so you can run out the 5 minutes this way and remove the stack)

more exploits for profit!!!
Every mission with a timer (the racetrack on next island and the roller coaster for example) if you relog when the timer appears, it will disappear and you have infinite time to complete the race, you can even walk the track.

all these profit exploits and more… all found easily when you see how the game works. If you share some I’ll share more profitable exploits

I suspect this thread will devolve into a collage of directionless anger and accusations levied by players with many different mental representations of Entropia, each uncritically assuming that their own mental representation matches that of the developers. Occasionally we encounter an exploit which is truly a clear cut case, involving convoluted actions that unambiguously betray the developers' intent, but most of the time debate over even a single putative exploit warrants many pages of discourse, and even then must often be clarified by the developers. Sadly, developers handle this so inconsistently that extrapolation from their individual statements to underlying principles is generally not possible. Here are just a few facets of such analysis that pose significant challenges...

• The documents which forbid exploitation give only the thinnest hint of guidance as to what actually constitutes exploitation. Examples have to be pieced together from many distributed sources.
  • Oftentimes the sources consist of private communication, such as support cases, so that everyone in the community except for the case author are receiving the information second-hand.
  • There is no unified framework of developer intent maintained by MindArk, even behind the scenes, so the rules are fragmented across the universe based on the whims of each Planet Partner (i.e., using vehicles to absorb area-of-effect damage falls within the permissible bounds of developer intent on some planets, but not on other planets).
  • Developers' statements themselves sometimes have fuzzy boundaries (i.e., on Rocktropia there is a boss mob players can summon by turreting other mobs, and NEVERDIE has stated that turreting those mobs falls within the bounds of developer intent, but repeated turreting them to summon the boss mob does not).
  • It is not clear whether a developer's statement continues to establish developer intent after the statement has been removed from the Internet (i.e., I believe in the above case with NEVERDIE, the forum it was posted on is no longer hosted).
  • It is not clear whether a developer's statement continues to establish developer intent after the development team ceases operation (i.e., SEE Digital Studios made several forum comments about exploitation).
  • Developers' statements are often arbitrary, making extrapolation next to impossible (i.e., repeatedly entering a vehicle to escape mobs while mining falls within the bounds of developer intent, but doing so while hunting does not; one might wonder as a result whether hunting and mining together fall outside the bounds of developer intent).

I'm sure I could list many more problems, but in short I think there is probably too little consensus on underlying philosophy to undertake this project in any sort of rigorous fashion. Perhaps a historical collection of statements by developers on exploitation that also acknowledges these challenges in their interpretation would be more useful, as that wouldn't require us to assess the very difficult "truth question" for each putative exploit.

As I previously mentioned on PCF as Mindark did not fix, you can skip the space transport fee by buying materials on another planet with your crafting terminal open and as long as you don't close it, you can craft with those materials. Processed materials will end in your storage. If you close the terminal, the materials will be dumped on the planet storage you bought it from. This also applies to residue.

Can't believe Mindark hasn't fixed that.. wait.. yes I can.

And yes, it was not only reported but I also poked them on it 2 times.

Last edited:
As I previously mentioned on PCF as Mindark did not fix, you can skip the space transport fee by buying materials on another planet with your crafting terminal open and as long as you don't close it, you can craft with those materials. Processed materials will end in your storage. If you close the terminal, the materials will be dumped on the planet storage you bought it from. This also applies to residue.

Is this in regards to the known Personal Crafting Terminal exploit that stay open?

Is this in regards to the known Personal Crafting Terminal exploit that stay open?
We can test if there is still a personal crafting terminal in one of the shops at port Atlantis? Anyone remember the shop?

Yea but the personal crafting terminal doesn’t disappear when you travel from it he means. So once you open it from the personsl terminal you can keep the window up forever, and drop items as for sale auction in pvp before dieing to keep them from loss in pvp4 for example

(I think they fixed this one. I’ll need to find a personal terminal to check)

Last edited:
An exploit is if it’s good for the player and bad for ma. If you can’t make money it’s a bug not an exploit.
A bug is when it’s bad for us but doesn’t affect MA.
If we discuss things that affect MA then they can work on fixing the game as they will be highest priority.

like how they fixed the redux gun that had no decay in mere HOURS.

Last edited:
legal multi account exploit:

You can have others play your account, this is fact.
If your mom or dad wants to make an account and you want to play it, you can do so. You can trade your items to them for multiple auction slots. So long as you have a copy of ID on hand for each person, you can utilize unlimited auction slots and have characters on each planet for other exploits.

I don’t think there is any possible fix for this exploit, maybe only allowing you to play on your own account? But there are players here that publicly pay others to play for them that wouldn’t like that

Last edited:
You can spawn your pet, scan it, despawn it, and scan it again in a loop for skills as that restarts the scan timer

You can spawn your pet, scan it, despawn it, and scan it again in a loop for skills as that restarts the scan timer
Does this one really matter? You are still decaying the tool for skills. No different to drowning and scanning mobs all day.

Does this one really matter? You are still decaying the tool for skills. No different to drowning and scanning mobs all day.
Yea but way easier to automate, some people do this in private apartments on loop, also worth noteing that scanning skill is not based on decay of scanner

Last edited:
Yea but way easier to automate, some people do this in private apartments on loop
meh. There is a crystal in the enigma dungeon 1 where you can constantly attack it and it pays out shrapnel according to your efficiency level. You can afk this 24/7 for weapon skills. You are still paying for the skills.
I’ve actually done a post about it, and as it’s multiplier is consistent based on I used it to extrapolate the TT return difference between different efficient level weapons. Results were in line with what Zho had since posted.

meh. There is a crystal in the enigma dungeon 1 where you can constantly attack it and it pays out shrapnel according to your efficiency level. You can afk this 24/7 for weapon skills. You are still paying for the skills.
I’ve actually done a post about it, and as it’s multiplier is consistent based on I used it to extrapolate the TT return difference between different efficient level weapons. Results were in line with what Zho had since posted.
I mean that’s worth adding to the thread still, even if it’s a shitty profit it’s a profit, although I don’t think you can compare scanning skill return to any weapon return.

I’m just trying to remember all the exploits that are higher class than bugs due to how they can mess with markup or other things, that I can remember, not all of them are going to be impressive. but knowing about the cracks in the system makes finding other exploits easier

Looter skills not included in the returns?

You can log in. Just doing that alone could be considered an exploit some days.

Last edited:
Looter skills not included in the returns?
Correct. It would be quite unprofitable to do as a substitute to hunting. Depends how badly you want the skills. Also I don’t know whether skills diminish after a long time. I wasn’t prepared to try it for hours and find out. But the short time I spent there I didn’t see any reduction.

Oh what about the android app that lets you access the entire database though api calls, I’m sure others can speak of this better than I can

This hasn't worked that way since a long time now; I buy most of my Perseus mats from Arkadia auction while I am crafting it on Caly. As soon as the mat is bought, your next click will say "Could not execute", and you won't be able to click again until you close and re-open the crafting machine, at which point, the crafting machine will not "see" anymore the mats you just bought from the other planet.

On RT some mining missions are duplicated, and rewards are doubled (for example 10k lyst mission gives 2x 30 PED TT of skills)

You can use a rocket launcher to deal yourself damage in PvP so that if you get killed by someone else, they will get the "this loot is claimed by someone else" message and won't be able to loot you cause you dealt more damage to yourself then they did.

On RT some mining missions are duplicated, and rewards are doubled (for example 10k lyst mission gives 2x 30 PED TT of skills)
Was gonna add this myself. good catch.

This hasn't worked that way since a long time now; I buy most of my Perseus mats from Arkadia auction while I am crafting it on Caly. As soon as the mat is bought, your next click will say "Could not execute", and you won't be able to click again until you close and re-open the crafting machine, at which point, the crafting machine will not "see" anymore the mats you just bought from the other planet.
I tested it only a couple months ago and was still active.

This is the thread to discuss exploits without being off topic.

topics such as: the non decaying guns that were just removed

or the bristlehogs that can’t be tamed, give out valuable skills cheaply when the infinite failures commence

or the fact that the mayhem ring ares cellular mayhem debuff can be removed by changing server zones or instances every 1 minute 30 seconds until the 5 minute timer expires (the debuff is applied on a 2 minute timer that resets upon zone changes but the debuff timer itself doesn’t reset, so you can run out the 5 minutes this way and remove the stack)

more exploits for profit!!!
Every mission with a timer (the racetrack on next island and the roller coaster for example) if you relog when the timer appears, it will disappear and you have infinite time to complete the race, you can even walk the track.

all these profit exploits and more… all found easily when you see how the game works. If you share some I’ll share more profitable exploits
nice initiative.
started a similar thread a bit ago, feel free to check if there is anything you didnt add: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-list-of-cheats-exploits-hacks-so-far.273016/

legal multi account exploit:

You can have others play your account, this is fact.
If your mom or dad wants to make an account and you want to play it, you can do so. You can trade your items to them for multiple auction slots. So long as you have a copy of ID on hand for each person, you can utilize unlimited auction slots and have characters on each planet for other exploits.

I don’t think there is any possible fix for this exploit, maybe only allowing you to play on your own account? But there are players here that publicly pay others to play for them that wouldn’t like that
This is frustrating since some are using this to get an unfair advantage, while others are stuck with just 30 auction slots. The only possible fix for this I can think of is to allow everyone to have like 3 ingame avatars with 30 slots each, this way the exploiters will loose their advantage. MA has no way to differentiate who's a real family and who isn't.

This is frustrating since some are using this to get an unfair advantage, while others are stuck with just 30 auction slots. The only possible fix for this I can think of is to allow everyone to have like 3 ingame avatars with 30 slots each, this way the exploiters will loose their advantage. MA has no way to differentiate who's a real family and who isn't.
Is that really the only possible fix? Not just increasing number of slots? No?

Is that really the only possible fix? Not just increasing number of slots? No?
Yes but I think that alts have more uses than just for the slots. I assume some use them to pull more rare high MU loot than they would normally be able to pull with one avatar since the drops are limited, i.e. when you can't like get several drops in a row normally, maybe if you bring an alt to the same area doing the same thing then that would be possible. Some people seem to be exploiting this (or some other) mechanic to make thousands of PED of MU per day just from what I've seen on auction - if this is how they're doing it which I'm not sure of entirely. Otherwise I can't explain how some avatars can pull an excessive amount of rares, they don't drop that often for me and the people I talked to.

Back