General exploit discussion thread

Is that really the only possible fix? Not just increasing number of slots? No?
Forgot to mention this. I also think that alts are being used to scan for waves. You've probably seen them sometimes standing at certain crafting terminals for prolonged periods of time, usually new avatars with very little attributes, then a bigger avatar, the "husband" would appear there from time to time when loot gets better, and then they leave, come back and so on.

This is frustrating since some are using this to get an unfair advantage, while others are stuck with just 30 auction slots. The only possible fix for this I can think of is to allow everyone to have like 3 ingame avatars with 30 slots each, this way the exploiters will loose their advantage. MA has no way to differentiate who's a real family and who isn't.
If these 30 slots arent enough for you to sell your loot then, you have no chacne to sell either with 100 since. If number of slots increase for everyone , then, if are 30 each or 100 each or whatever, u still wont sell.

Not a bug but an exploit: Some degenerate players put up auctions with extreme markup, masking it as 1111% when it should be 111% etc. So if you have peds on card and not being careful, you can end up paying say 2000p instead of 200p for an item. (An obvious and easy fix would be to get a warning pop-up when trying to buy stuff with say 50% higher MU than monthly average.)

Not a bug but an exploit: Some degenerate players put up auctions with extreme markup, masking it as 1111% when it should be 111% etc. So if you have peds on card and not being careful, you can end up paying say 2000p instead of 200p for an item. (An obvious and easy fix would be to get a warning pop-up when trying to buy stuff with say 50% higher MU than monthly average.)
The fee which seller pays raise if the items its listed for a higher value , so, MA gains. The higher, the better for MA. And the warnings, what if a player miss and list it cheaper, would it means the next sale for normal might never happens due of warnings? Is a free market, guess people have to bid wisely on items . There is already a warning if you list an item cheaper and it doesnt work anyway, people still listing items by mistakes for so cheap :), an easy example is jsut with deeds.

The fee which seller pays raise if the items its listed for a higher value , so, MA gains. The higher, the better for MA. And the warnings, what if a player miss and list it cheaper, would it means the next sale for normal might never happens due of warnings? Is a free market, guess people have to bid wisely on items . There is already a warning if you list an item cheaper and it doesnt work anyway, people still listing items by mistakes for so cheap :), an easy example is jsut with deeds.
That's right, there's a warning for selling too cheap. So there should be a warning for buying too expensive. You can still IGNORE the warning, it's still a free market. Having an ingame market where fraudulent scumbags roam free is not a good game design, and will contribute to people not trusting MA and marring the game's reputation.

Deliberately laid auction traps, I tried to highlight this several times. Forum threads in this vein seem to fall foul of the rules reliably even if you thought you carefully avoided giving names.

A warning popup actually exists, implemented some years ago after the public noise must have reached somewhere, eventually. But it never worked properly and I'm not aware of any evidence it ever got touched again by the dev team, despite persistent bug reports about it.

That's right, there's a warning for selling too cheap. So there should be a warning for buying too expensive. You can still IGNORE the warning, it's still a free market. Having an ingame market where fraudulent scumbags roam free is not a good game design, and will contribute to people not trusting MA and marring the game's reputation.
You can not blame MA for buying something expensiver than it should, in fact, you have to confirm transaction , so, with or without another warning, if you re not paying attention at what you re doing, the result gonna be same.

You can not blame MA for buying something expensiver than it should, in fact, you have to confirm transaction , so, with or without another warning, if you re not paying attention at what you re doing, the result gonna be same.
you absolutely can and should blame them for at least not doing sh*t about it when its been ongoing for so long (regarding auction scams at least)

If these 30 slots arent enough for you to sell your loot then, you have no chacne to sell either with 100 since. If number of slots increase for everyone , then, if are 30 each or 100 each or whatever, u still wont sell.
Well, that's not entirely accurate since most people don't use all their auction slots anyway, so the increase in items on auction won't be proportional to the increase in the number of slots available to the players, and bare in mind that some people are already enjoying 100 slots or more through the use of alts which provides them with an unfair advantage and that's what the thread is about. At the end of the day this suggestion is not so much about me selling more (which I would like of course) but more about the unfair advantage that some have. I'd be okay with 10 slots if all players were bound by the same rules.

you absolutely can and should blame them for at least not doing sh*t about it when its been ongoing for so long (regarding auction scams at least)
The truth lies in between here. Every participant in the market is free and within his/her rights to try for a better result than previous statistics, whether on the buying or selling side. And it's the other one's responsibility to consider whether it's within their bounds, respectively. Deliberate offer or order crafting to deceive known perceptual vulnerabilities is a different quality, and, at least in the real-world environment of this company, not accepted as a kind of permissible "sportsmanship". That the company cannot be your saviour, judge and executioner at once is yet again a different matter and the fact that so few who become victims ever proceed to pursue it the proper way makes it easy for them to ignore the problem, because they get never troubled with having to respond. In my view this is tentative until the moment someone appears who will not give in.

The truth lies in between here. Every participant in the market is free and within his/her rights to try for a better result than previous statistics, whether on the buying or selling side. And it's the other one's responsibility to consider whether it's within their bounds, respectively. Deliberate offer or order crafting to deceive known perceptual vulnerabilities is a different quality, and, at least in the real-world environment of this company, not accepted as a kind of permissible "sportsmanship". That the company cannot be your saviour, judge and executioner at once is yet again a different matter and the fact that so few who become victims ever proceed to pursue it the proper way makes it easy for them to ignore the problem, because they get never troubled with having to respond. In my view this is tentative until the moment someone appears who will not give in.
very well put, i agree

players with many different mental representations of Entropia
This was close to the start of the thread, with an expectancy about further posts.
Not having a clear concept of what is or isn't realistically an exploit in the first place is only step one, given the quote, yes.

I don't believe I've seen the word 'feature' yet in this thread, but I thought we'd have to discuss this distinction too about having to second-guess what functions and combinations are/aren't intended. I believe many a 'feature' we have seen was absolutely intentional, but not on the part of MA.

Fortunately, for me at least, we are indeed mostly talking about exploits here, including some eye-openers. Thanks!

this is not true. specialy for miners. we stack sell and 2 pages def not enough.

Almost all ocean mobs on Cyrene can be killed by swimming backwards.

Any planet. Pretty sure Pandi on ark are same way and Levi on caly (or was). Turns out that mobs who live in water all day are not very fast compared to our agility + run speed boofs.

Any planet. Pretty sure Pandi on ark are same way and Levi on caly (or was). Turns out that mobs who live in water all day are not very fast compared to our agility + run speed boofs.
Well I think they mean even if the mob is right up on you and are faster than you, you can still not be hit by them if you're moving backwards. Levis you can out back step, but if their on you and moving faster as you back up, they will still hit you

This is most certainly by design. Doesn't work with Skreel btw.

Dragons in the air are also confused by reverse gear once they catch up with you. I dunno if it kicks in at a certain agility or speed buff, though, and we are unlikely to find out if it is a set design feature, especially as UE5 statements highlight that we should find out how stuff works, also in combination. The future may be rosy for explorers of 'functional limitations' ...

Dragons in the air are also confused by reverse gear once they catch up with you. I dunno if it kicks in at a certain agility or speed buff, though, and we are unlikely to find out if it is a set design feature, especially as UE5 statements highlight that we should find out how stuff works, also in combination. The future may be rosy for explorers of 'functional limitations' ...
I actually enjoy spinning in circles while shooting aerial mobs. :rolleyes:

For all giggles, I did the crafting exploit test again on a very benign buy. I won't do it again unless @Ludvig|MindArk asks for a video.

1. Open up crafting terminal.
2. Extracted Oil from my Quad (because I didn't have any)
3. Bought 3ped of Blausariam Ingot from arkadia
4. Chose Self-pick up (No fee)
5. Chose Standard Valve Blueprint (1 Blaus/2 Oil)
6. Click into it and back out and click into it again so that the Blausariam I bought and is "On Arkadia" is registered.
7. 1 Craft - Near Success 0.14 PED
8. Close terminal. Blausariam is on Arkadia.

Still works.

can you still use pet buffs in moloch instances and not have to pay for the food/energy cost?

you can hunt Maffoids in the village without being hit, they get stuck in the tents, you just need to kill them within 15 seconds. if they get blocked just approach and get 1 hit, then they are able to be killed again.

Looks like every player you can recognize and sticks around for any period of time has found an exploit to make playing worth it… haha

Idk all exploits i did report they fixed them within one month

Had an exploit where I could kill mobs while flying, the mobs couldn’t reach you and wouldn’t become unreachable. Have a very fun videos on those I believe from Feb 2021?

Looks like every player you can recognize and sticks around for any period of time has found an exploit to make playing worth it… haha
Many will not tell you until it is barely profitable OR they feel like there is some heat coming. They'll just talk amongst their small circles on Whatsapp/discords.

Mindark devs don't play, QA, or QOL check play to ensure their patch work doesn't create detrimental exploits... unless..... [insert coffee shop conspiracy] :whistle::sneaky:

Back