General exploit discussion thread

I believe it is not intended that you should be able to damage ships while they are docked. If so, it is likely a bug (and strange that it hasn't been noted before). On crossing borders when you get the message about being attackable for another 30 secs, both kinds of "spaces" are pvp and you can kill other players, just one side is lootable and one is not. I forgot what the exact message was (despite reading it every time lol). It should be different from the one upon leaving a planetary pvp zone. If this is unclear, it could be an oversight in the message wording since we don't have direct borders between lootable and non-lootable pvp on a planet surface.

Yea I don't think so either. I have reported it before to MA so at least they know. I know the name of every docked capital ship, and where they are docked. So I know which ships are no longer being used. Some of these (strangely it is not all ships) can be destroyed this way if one wanted to. But since I know they are not active ships, I won't attack them.

Reactions: San
My first or second night in space I destroyed two capital ships, thinking they were active pvp players. I now realize these ships might have very well have been in "safe zones", but since I was going back and forth between pvp zones and safe zones the whole time, I was able to destroy them, having absolutely zero understanding about the game mechanics.

I gain massive skilling from throwing rounds at Starfinders. I got it down to 30% and stopped since I won't grief. You get lots of skill in Combat: Heavy Weapons, its my favorite skill. If the ship is reinforced or w/e you can really do well with them. I have noticed some take about 20-30 rounds (0.4 ped/round I think it is) and some take way longer to get to 30-40%.
I think you would be better of joining a crew on a Monthership or a Starfinder and go hunt with them, then you at least get loot for your spent ammo.

I think you would be better of joining a crew on a Monthership or a Starfinder and go hunt with them, then you at least get loot for your spent ammo.

Yea I'm awfully independent though. Don't do well being part of crews in general. To antsy...

But back to the thread. I didn't mean to derail the whole thing with space talk.

Why waste money on blowing up ships that you cant get anything back from and the owner will pretty much say, thank you for free vehicle repair skilling :)

Now i understand why Victory MS was at 0 HP a few days ago when i went up to space to take it for some skilling :D

Edit: misread sorry

I don't know if this is an exploit, a bug, or a game mechanic that I don't understand; when I enter zones close to SS where the pvp skull is orange, certain ships I can still damage. There was a Starfinder in Ark tonight that I brought down to 30%. I get good skills from it. Heavy weapons skill esp. weird thing was, the owner was online. But Who knows if they are inside the thing....

anyways...she wasn't in red zone so I didn't destroy it, thatd be unfair I guess.
Orange skull means pvp, red means lootable…. Same issue you had before when you thought you had that exciting pvp combat but it was just non lootable

Orange skull means pvp, red means lootable…. Same issue you had before when you thought you had that exciting pvp combat but it was just non lootable
you clearly haven't read the thread.....this has nothing to do with pvp...its a bug..

also, pvp is fun even with no loot. I could care less about the oil and the loot..

So to fix the bug, all MA has to do is make it so when you enter a safe zone and are marked for pvp, you can not engage other ships.

Go on Arkadia pvp lootable > mine on border dont extract. When u have claims inside you just summon them from outside, those can be summoned only inside pvp but if u stay at the edge outside the pvp = 0 risk. Put all resources in vehicle, recall it and u can step inside pvp and mine the border.

you clearly haven't read the thread.....this has nothing to do with pvp...its a bug..

also, pvp is fun even with no loot. I could care less about the oil and the loot..

So to fix the bug, all MA has to do is make it so when you enter a safe zone and are marked for pvp, you can not engage other ships.
If your pvp icon is orange your in pvp. You said icon was orange. You were in pvp.

also that’s not a profitable exploit, there is zero potential gain from it. Just pure losses wasting ammo for “skills” that you would have gained if you shot a mob for loot.

what you described is a minor bug. Not an exploit.

well have it your way. I certainly don't want to take away from your moment...

It can be turned into an exploit, therefore is one if anybody does. People do lots of stuff, and likely is done, ergo, it's an exploit!

Whether or not you profit from it, a mothership owner shouldn’t have their ship destroyed docked at the SS, so yes it’s a valid bug/exploit.
This thread is about profitable exploits. There is no profit in that.

This thread is about profitable exploits. There is no profit in that.
loss of profits could be though... especially if it's St. Patrick's day and there's an event related to that. ;)

What's the name of that mothership Toulan and Monria owns that DME/MS9/3000thAltAvatar owns that will be used to taxi people back and forth during the event? ... ;)

Last edited:
loss of profits could be though... especially if it's St. Patrick's day and there's an event related to that. ;)
You could blow up Kronan or Normandie 5 mins before their scheduled service and force them to cancel, costing them profit. Can be a tactic to grief a warp competitor to improve the relative reliability of your own service, gaining you profit.

I don't want people to think I am shooting at capital ships to grief the owners.

My reasons are:

1) I am learning about different levels of SI value, and how my damage difference, using different Kismets, as I am gaining levels in Mounted Laser profession. How long does it take to breach the hulls of these ships? those are things i need to learn

2) I gain skill points in great categories, without having to repair. This makes a huge difference. I saves tons of time to not have to repair from space mob damage.

3) The owner gets to repair their ship and skill.

4) It keeps everyone on their toes, when you have a crazy person flying around shooting things at random.

The loss of loot from mobs, is corrected by the no loss of my time to have to fly back to SS every 10 minutes to repair.

Also SI value makes a HUGE difference...the Normandie ain't going nowhere....you could throw ammo at that thing for hours and not much would happen I'd think.

You could blow up Kronan or Normandie 5 mins before their scheduled service and force them to cancel
You've picked probably the two ships that that is least likely to happen to. Firstly, the SI is pretty large, secondly, the ships would be manned that close to a flight and could repair easily unless quads were in a pack flying into and out of pvp. Even then, a crew makes a huge difference and an attack would be pointless using that technique at least...
Ah, you've been double dared :p

You've picked probably the two ships that that is least likely to happen to. Firstly, the SI is pretty large, secondly, the ships would be manned that close to a flight and could repair easily unless quads were in a pack flying into and out of pvp. Even then, a crew makes a huge difference and an attack would be pointless using that technique at least...
Ah, you've been double dared :p
Yup exactly, and the RK-45s are handy if I've forgot to fix something before passengers arrive 🤭

How long does it take to breach the hulls of these ships?
It depends on the SI of an unmanned ship (edit: the owner can upgrade to anything realistic that they want), and also on any repairers ofc on a manned one.
If you are serious about wanting to shoot peds I think Alaina would be happy to oblige. You wouldn't even need to sneak up - they'd do everything to help :p I can't see such a loss of peds paying off, but crazier things have been known....

Last edited:
I don't understand the mechanism quite yet, but it seems when you fire at a ship that has been reinforced, it is more difficult at first to get through it, but once you go from the green to the yellow, all of a sudden the kismets will start to take hold and damage seems to increase and then towards the end, the kismets are just eating steel pretty much.

Then the smoke rises as its close to blowing. Visually stunning effect.

Then I stop so I don't upset anyone...

:)

So talking about exploits. I say all claims in pvp areas should be extracted in the area. Once u have the non pvp status u should not be able to extract any of those claims.

Not a bug but an exploit: Some degenerate players put up auctions with extreme markup, masking it as 1111% when it should be 111% etc. So if you have peds on card and not being careful, you can end up paying say 2000p instead of 200p for an item. (An obvious and easy fix would be to get a warning pop-up when trying to buy stuff with say 50% higher MU than monthly average.)
The latest: A little skill implant for 900k(!) ped.

Back