News: Genesis Visual Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
VU-Avatar-2023_16-9_top.webp

Welcome to this graphics update overview for the 18.1.0 version update in the Q1 release 2024. You will find before and after images of various textures, the new look of multiple Entropia Universe armors, updated creatures, and the major graphical changes!

Some environmental and character art elements started to feel old, so we updated a wide range of art assets in Entropia Universe. We have upgraded a large collection of elements in the game, including armors, terrain textures, creatures, vegetation, and general lighting improvements, with modern industry quality standards.

We have been focusing on updating terrain textures, creatures, and character armor. All these assets have been crafted from the ground up with new models and textures.

VU-Avatar-2023_16-9_avatar_2nd.webp

Changes in the Release​

• Updated Terrain Textures: We’ve updated several ground and landscape textures to be more realistic, using high-quality standards (2k and 4k)
  • Enhanced Texture Details: We added an extra layer of detail to our base textures, making surfaces like grass and sand look more intricate and natural
  • Improved Visual Effects: We introduced new visual effects to make materials like grass and sand react more realistically to light
  • 3D Texture Effects: We’re using a technique called parallax occlusion mapping that makes flat surfaces look 3D, adding depth and making the ground texture look more realistic
  • Improved Lighting: We’ve made multiple improvements to how light works in the game, making the environment feel more natural
  • New Creature Designs: We completely redesigned several creatures, giving them new looks and more detailed appearances
  • New Armor Designs: We also completely redesigned armors for a more modern and detailed look
  • Gameplay and Visual Fixes: We fixed issues with certain effects not displaying correctly, such as particles not interacting with enemies properly, shade on hairstyles, and issues with strange colored clouds and vegetation appearing strangely

Updated Armors​

VU-2023_before_16-9_armor.webp

This update enhance the existing armor components' compatibility, making different armor pieces fit better together, and providing more options to mix and match.

We have organized the graphical appearance of a series of armors that use the same model into 3 Tiers. Tier 1 is the Basic model, Tier 2 is the Adjusted upgrade, and Tier 3 is Improved, Modified, Augmented, etc. Second Golden Age (SGA) and other special edition-related upgrades are included in the Tier 2 category.

VU-2023_before_16-9_armor_comparative.webp

From the left to the right: Tier 3, Tier 2, and Tier 1.

The armors receiving the graphical update are the following: Angel, Bear, Boar, Eon, Jaguar, Nemesis, Paradox, Pote (Protector Of The Empire), Salamander, Shadow, Thunderbird, Tiger, Vigilante, and Viking.

Updated Creatures​

Atrox

Berycled

Combibo

Exarosaur

Longtooth

Environmental Overview​

VU-2023_before_16-9_img1.webp

VU-2023_before_16-9_img2.webp

VU-2023_before_16-9_img3.webp

VU-2023_before_16-9_img4.webp

New Textures​

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img1.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img2.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img3.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img4.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img5_x1280.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img6_x1280.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img7.webp

VU-2023_before_after_textures_16-9_img8.webp

In conclusion, this release marks a significant step forward in the visual experience of Entropia Universe, bringing our universe to life with more vibrancy and detail than ever before.

We would love to see your favorite part of this update! Share your images on social media with the hashtag #EntropiaUniverse for a chance to get featured on our official social channels.

Thank you for being a part of our Universe!

Originally Posted Here

Some interesting changes, when is the unreal engine change coming?
How do armours from other planets look?

Texturing and the new level of details is really a great improvement. I thing the LT looks awesome.
The armors model update is a huge downgrade and quite disappointing. Again, the level of details is nice but they look bad. They look from a completly different movie. They're way to bulky, especially the helmets, it feels it takes too much away from the old ones, not making it an improvement.

Love everything except the armour changes…

I have Angel it use to have a slick white glow to it… now looks old and worn out.dirty. Avatar looks no different to a male one in the same armour..feel like I’m playing 15years ago…

Person preference at the end of the day and this isn’t for me. Time to hunt naked.

I'm quite sad that EU slowly loses it's 'feel' as we move towards UE5.
I understand that it's quicker and easier to have one cookie cutter model and just change colors and details, but please preserve EU's feel for us that play 15-20 years as you move forward.
As of now it seems like you want to rebrand EU to completely new game, are you sure that your new audience will pay the bill same way as we pay?

Is it just me or does the Combibo look like it is wearing a gaudy amount of red lipstick? "Am I pretty now?!" 🤣

On a serious note. These creatures look amazing! I can't wait to see changes coming to Arkadia wildlife with this new engine too.

Wow! Great news, can't wait to see the end-result!

@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk

Will the new improved lightning and textures also reflect on other planets as well?

ROCKtropia is plagued with a lightning issue that creates a LOT of framedrops around the Wet Wolf Creek / Club NEVERDIE area and the whole planet is in that weird shade of blue because of that super weird light/fog that is everywhere... it would make the experience much smoother for us RT folks :)

I will make sure to visit Calypso still to see the changes!

HYPED!

Is it just me or does the Combibo look like it is wearing a gaudy amount of red lipstick? "Am I pretty now?!" 🤣

On a serious note. These creatures look amazing! I can't wait to see changes coming to Arkadia wildlife with this new engine too.

In this modern age seems everyone can blur the line between physical sexuality and what they present themselves as.
Combibo gone woke, good for them.
:LOL:

Mobs look nice though, some different but have kept the basic look kinda.

Armors have in my eyes more DOWNgrade not UPgrade and Exo .....oh men, really ? Ok, the new Hippie-Bery is amusing.......maby we become now a comb not a brush ?
I mean really - fix first the horrible colors / background in chat and icon before u implement more news.

gota love those new "penis cups" for armors :D protection where its needed :D

For some unknown reason on these pix I see Wombat heads protruding there... :scratch2:

Last edited:
All this is cool buy why investing ressources into graphical updates when we are supposed to get a new engine ? Do we have to understand UE5 update is far from coming?

You can make all armor look like crap , but still can resolve the issue with the coat over the armor BUG .....

Please, please ...... bring back the old look or at least let me select the look of the armor like the loot window !!

All this is cool buy why investing ressources into graphical updates when we are supposed to get a new engine ? Do we have to understand UE5 update is far from coming?

"In order for our transition from CryEngine 2 to Unreal Engine 5 to be as smooth as possible, we have updated our art production pipeline to improve current visual quality and simplify the conversion moving forward."

As soon as I saw the screenshoots of the armors I thought "Well, some players will not like that"......

The roads on TI have a visual bug, the outlines are green and it says "Default Terrain"

image.png

Also, I noticed that Adj. Nemesis (F) did not get the new model just some work with textures, and I'm hoping it stays that way :D
The new armor models are far behind the old ones in style, and the helmets are just awful. :(

The rest looks really nice, good work on that.

love the update looks great, creatures looks real nice, Armor 🤮🤮🤮

It's all right, fix the economy, non-erasable things have a bad effect on trade. LOL
The Atrox became like those- as if they had been electrocuted

Last edited:
My god, what have you done to Shadow armour?
Shadow, hence the name, does not require bright yellow eye slots on it.
Not impressed, sorry.

i hope this is not the final form for these new armor models, im hoping they will be tweaked?

the couple of thing that i dislike the most would be that the ear protection sticks out too far on helmets, maybe this is due to my avatar being so small just makes my head too big for the body, and too much cloth in armor. Protector of the Empire TWEN armor went from being 95 % white to being 55% white armor plating and 45% cloth, sort of wish there was more armor layers and less cloth

People pay a lot of money for their high end armors and you make them look like a cheap template from the UE store. Very disappointing. God forbid you take some time and give each of those armors their own look, as they well deserve. This is not to say that the old models did not need an update, but this is not the improvement they needed.

Last edited:
Back