Entropia Universe 18.1.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
In order for our transition from CryEngine 2 to Unreal Engine 5 to be as smooth as possible, we have updated our art production pipeline to improve current visual quality and simplify the conversion moving forward.

Using this new pipeline, we upgraded a large collection of production elements, including armors, terrain textures, creature models, vegetation assets, and general lighting improvements to modern industry quality standards.

Genesis Visual Update
  • Remade numerous terrain textures with modern PBR standards and higher resolution
  • Improved pixel density for terrain textures: 2k and 4k high-resolution textures
  • Added detail maps: Additional detail layers that blend over along base textures bringing more granular detail
  • More shader complexity: added fresnel and "clothiness" effects for grass and sand
  • Enabled Parallax Occlusion Mapping: creates a relief effect and improves the shading of the terrain textures

Changes
  • To incentivize the use of clothing, clothing will no longer decay when equipped
  • Avatars no longer have Outlines in PvP
  • Updated Quick Bar action icons art for Professions, Contacts, Missions, and Deposit
  • The vehicle status bar now has its placement location saved
  • Re-added the option to hide the rendered item in the Items Info overview window
  • When creating a Loadout, the input field will now be in focus
  • When opening Actions, the search field will now be in focus
  • Increased the size and readability of the message number count for the Quick bar
  • Added an option to show the old loot window UI visuals
  • Clothes will no longer be included in an Armor loadout
  • Cursor mode is now enabled when opening Contacts
  • Added an option to disable the dashboard reload bar
  • Loot now automatically stacks in the Looted window
  • Protect Item is now possible to use on stackable items
  • Context menu now opens on Cursor location so tooltip is not activated at the same time
  • Greatly reduced the weight of all enhancers and socket components
  • Greatly reduced the weight of nanocubes

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the Modifier Keys didn’t work as expected
  • Fixed an issue where it was difficult to abort auto-move towards a target
  • Fixed an issue where the Auto-sell option did not work correctly in Constructing
  • Fixed an issue where clearing the Auction search field and pressing refresh didn’t work as expected
  • Fixed an issue where a deleted Loadout did not remove the shortcut on the Action bar
  • Fixed an issue where the Notification banner messages had long delays before showing up
  • Fixed an issue where Default Item links did not work as expected
  • Fixed an issue where Auto-use did not work correctly with Harvesting tools
  • Fixed an issue where ESC did not always open the Main Menu
  • Fixed some shot particles that went through enemies
  • Fixed some incorrectly shaded hairstyles
  • Fixed an issue that caused banding artifacts and strange colors in the clouds
  • Fixed an issue that caused back-facing triangles in the vegetation system to sometimes flip

Other
  • In Options > Graphics, Gamma and Brightness have been reset to default values in this release

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice changes there. Highlights for me!

• Clothes will no longer be included in an Armor loadout
  • To incentivize the use of clothing, clothing will no longer decay when equipped

Bug Report
  • Title: Mouse buttons 4 and 5 don't work any longer
  • Date Found: 02/12/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Mouse button 4 and 5 (I have no more buttons) assignments don't work after the update
  • Actual: Doesn't work after the update.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Assign a mouse button to a key or action bar position.
  2. Doesn't work after the update!

index.php

I know that some people prefer certain clothing with decayed status due to the textures they get etc. is this something we can maybe in the future set a bar to “how broken looking” we want the clothes to be? Or to remove TT ON PURPOSE?

This feels like the first real update that isn’t “do this event”

I’m very impressed. And very excited

Bug Report
  • Title: Mouse buttons 4 and 5 don't work any longer
  • Date Found: 02/12/2024
Description:
  • Expected: Mouse button 4 and 5 (I have no more buttons) assignments don't work after the update
  • Actual: Doesn't work after the update.
Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Assign a mouse button to a key or action bar position.
  2. Doesn't work after the update!
I am having this same issue. I tried binding Interact to MB3 and also to the Middle mouse button. Did not work:

Mgh4VDs.png

Not at all happy with that. :cautious:

Want to see single l00ts at a glance. Msg in chat window is gone in a whiff, does not help at all.

EDIT: Maybe make it optional, too?

Last edited:
@Ludvig|MindArk

What do I need to do in order to make my lateral mouse buttons (MB5 and MB4) to work again? I used them to interact and lock target, now they do nothing.

I'm not hunting or mining until it gets fixed...
One thing that blows too which I hope they fix:
The ability to use the mouse wheel to go from first person mode and third person mode.​
The ability to use the mouse wheel while in first person mode to zoom on your scope.​
Both these features worked before the UI VU. Should be re-added again imo. Having to press V to go between first person mode or third person mode is not optimal, and I haven't even figured out how to use my scope lol.

The ability to use the mouse wheel to go from first person mode and third person mode.​
The ability to use the mouse wheel while in first person mode to zoom on your scope.​
Both these features worked before the UI VU. Should be re-added again imo. Having to press V to go between first person mode or third person mode is not optimal, and I haven't even figured out how to use my scope lol.
My mouse wheel is working like before, even with the scopes.

This is an option in Options - Interface i believe, something to allow mouse scrolling to change view

deleted

Last edited:
@Ludvig|MindArk

What do I need to do in order to make my lateral mouse buttons (MB5 and MB4) to work again? I used them to interact and lock target, now they do nothing.

Hotfix released for this now, relog to apply it if you're already ingame.

Thanks for the quick fix! All my mouse buttons working again like before! (y)

Now I just wonder where goes the vehicles HP bar when I spawn them, can't find it anywhere. It's kind useful when in space.

Edit: The vehicle HP bar only shows after entering the vehicle, my mistake.

Last edited:

Yeah not sure i like this either... better have this as an option just like to choose from old or new loot window

Changes
Very good start! Goodjob! 👏

This makes me belive in you again! 👍

Please fix the teleport map window placement location not being saved!

Not sure if the chat scaleability and placement location saving is yet fixed?

IF not those could be quality of life fixes too!

Thank you MA! 🙏

@Ludvig|MindArk
Can ya fix the Loot stacking issue on the loot window?
Now if you convert shrapnel while hunting it will now pop in to the current loot window which will force you to close the main loot window making you lose all your loot information.

In previous VU. If you converted shrapnel it would pop up on a separate loot window, same if you broke an enhancer. This was useful for tracking purposes as well.
One thing that would be useful, if the loot window sound when something is looted can be triggered even when loot window is active.

You are also unable to move stickynotes outside the window paramenters, in the past we could keep just the "tab" of the stickynote at the bottom of the screen for example to reserve space and keeping all important stickynotes that one uses daily on screen but out of view. It helped a lot by reducing clutter and for faster access purposes.

Maybe create a new thread for feedback/bug reporting for the new VU?

@Ludvig|MindArk
Can ya fix the Loot stacking issue on the loot window?
Now if you convert shrapnel while hunting it will now pop in to the current loot window which will force you to close the main loot window making you lose all your loot information.

In previous VU. If you converted shrapnel it would pop up on a separate loot window, same if you broke an enhancer. This was useful for tracking purposes as well.
One thing that would be useful, if the loot window sound when something is looted can be triggered even when loot window is active.

You are also unable to move stickynotes outside the window paramenters, in the past we could keep just the "tab" of the stickynote at the bottom of the screen for example to reserve space and keeping all important stickynotes that one uses daily on screen but out of view. It helped a lot by reducing clutter and for faster access purposes.

Maybe create a new thread for feedback/bug reporting for the new VU?
Did you try to bring back the nostalgic loot windows? There a new option for that now. (interface - Use Nostalgic Loot window)

Maybe by enabling it, they will behave as before.

Did you try to bring back the nostalgic loot windows? There a new option for that now.

Maybe by enabling it, they will behave as before.
It did not. Also the description when you hover the mouse over that there is very misleading. I want the auto-stack but stuff that isn't loot like me converting shrapnel or broke an enhancer shouldn't show up on the same loot window like it worked in previous VU.

Thanks for the quick fix! All my mouse buttons working again like before! (y)

Now I just wonder where goes the vehicles HP bar when I spawn them, can't find it anywhere. It's kind useful when in space.
I forgot that you need to enter the vehicle for the bar to show up. My apologies! :D

And indeed it now saves the location of the bar! Nice VU guys!

@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk

While I appreciate the recent updates with the improvements, I'm kind of stunned that we had to wait so many years to see this happening. As you keep saying the updates are to help with moving the game to UE.

However, those changes stand alone for themselves. Those changes don't need UE, they run with the current engine. You could have released all of that many years ago. I don't know where the game would be by now with gradual improvements. Now you're pushing changes after changes and it makes me wonder, if we really need a new engine.

I understand that we don't see all the stuff happening on the backend and I don't have the knowledge to imagine that. I just can't believe that all of the changes had to wait until now.

Maybe I'm missing some info, so feel free to help me understand the/your situation better. Thanks.

Missing the item busy indicator (yellow line) we had before.

Back