Good Movies

Marco|MindArk said:
My thought is that it sucks that it isn't released in Sweden until July 6th...

Muahahahahaaa!!!

DD
:evilking:

Shinobi C said:
I saw Calvaire a week ago, pretty wacko movie imo, but definately worth seeing :)
Imdb link :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/

European title : The Ordeal

I have no idea if this movie has been released in other countries then Belgium,France and Luxembourg, if it has tell me what you think of it.

Saw Ray this weekend, I'm normally not into such biographic movies, but this is one I enjoyed ( must be the music ;) )
It's one of those films i'd love to see, but i don't dare to go look :laugh:

"The Princess Bride" - pwns u all!

Kalashi said:
"The Princess Bride" - pwns u all!

That is one of my all-time favorites! Most people I've met have never seen it. Inconceivable!

Just watched "Sideways"... I liked it. Was a cute "date" movie I would say, but not certain it was "all that" as I heard it was.
Still... any1 else out there that is a wino like myself will most definitely get a kick out of it :girl:

A few movies that I like in no particular order:

Blues Brothers.
The shining.
Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels.
Chopper.
The sixth sense.
Black Hawk down.

Deliverance.... CLASSIC

Pulp fiction(saw it 7 times)..
Citta di Dio(city of god)..
Snatch..
Coffee and cigarettes(with harvy keitel)..

Marco|MindArk said:
It is not released yet, but I know my number one will be Sin City (www.sincitythemovie.com).

just saw this one...
and all I can say (besides woah!) is it's the best graphic novel film ever, very true to millers drawings. picture perfect really ...

i love you frank miller ;)

Svetlana said:
Deliverance.... CLASSIC

I can't sit down for 2 days after watching that movie....wonder why? :scratch:

Wolf said:
I can't sit down for 2 days after watching that movie....wonder why? :scratch:

Ya, you begin to hear banjo music everywhere and walking outside in a wooded area gives you the CREEPS! :D Not to mention that any1 with an old southern accent is automatically suspicious :laugh:

Squeal like a pig boy!!! Wheeeee!! Wheeeee!!!!

DD

Devil Doll said:
Squeal like a pig boy!!! Wheeeee!! Wheeeee!!!!

DD

Thanks DD! Now I'm gonna have to stand all night at work.... :laugh:

why does no one suggest any dolph lundgren /sylvester stallone/ steven seagul/ and hardly any arnold schwarzenegger movies?

i love any of their movies!!! (theyre actors doh)

Cool Runnings- It's a bout jamaicans first bobsled team it's so freakin funny :D

Enemy At the gates- very good movie about second worldwar, About a sniper vasilij seijtsev <--- (something like that)
and the battle in Stalingrad when the russians hold back tons of germans

im too bored to read the whole thing, so if these were mentioned, just slap me ;) these arent in any order...
the sting (all-time best movie in the world, dont argue :D )...easy rider is another great american classic
snatch... if you liked that, the usual suspects
trainspotting...if you liked that, drugstore cowboy
hero... if you liked that, house of flying daggers (zhang zyiou is HOT!!!)
duck you suckers; fistfull of dynamite
scarface
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (both bbc series and movie)
goodbye lenin
the order (a thousand movies have this name... the american version, with heath ledger and shannyn sossamon)
better than chocolate (great for dates, guys...if you live until the lesbian action ;) )...if you cant go that heavy-duty, the red violin
memento
six days of the condor (or maybe three days of the condor...the book and movie have differing titles)
apocolypse now... fashioned after conrads heart of darkness.
thats all the movies in english i can remember that i liked...
umm... now ill read the thread and see what i named someone else did lol...

*edit* wow quite a few.. kalashi, youd like "brother" too if you liked zatoichi... and that scene KICKS ASS... along with the rest. cant believe i forgot brotherhood :(
DD--not really :( but it was a well-done corny movie you know?

Last edited:
All time high list:

Band of brothers (no movie i know but its the best i have ever seen)
Alien 1, 2 and 4 (dont like #3 that much hehe)
Terminator 1 and 2
Evil Dead 1,2 and 3
Dawn of the Dead
Long kiss Goodnight
Boondock Saints
Die hard trilogy
LOTR
Star Wars Trilogy (4,5 and 6)
Man on Fire
Mindhunters
Gremlins 1 and 2 ;D
Critters 1 and 2
Saving private Ryan
Hard Boiled
Shrek 1 and 2
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116126/ ) aka Ghettoblaster
Dogma
Heat
True Lies
Enemy at the gates

the list can go on forever :p

im a HUGE WWII-movie fan :)

Ooooh- was thinking of astro-physics tonight and then thought.... oh! the movie Contact! Loved that one... was a bit cheesy of course at times, but still really good imo.. and those scenes in space... beautiful! Eerily similar to PE :girl:

I saw Bin Jip in sneak preview thursday night and I have to say it's a really good movie.
Especially for the people that like a beautifull romance :love:

really liked the LOTR trilogy...

forgot..1..
finding Nemo.. :tongue2:
Loved that movie.. :dunce:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Peez.. :cool:

um

american history X
Momento
Friday
Suburbia
Empire records
Saw
Moulin Rouge
Kalifornia
50 first Dates
I could go on and on and on and on

And so the list goes on and goes.... just want to say thx to every1... all great titles I see on here :)

another one I think I missed in my previous posts would be Amadeus :bowdown:

Finally saw Troy...totally awesome!

Best movie ever : Office space

Just saw "Touching the void" on dvd and it's an awesome movie (it's about a truely happened story, where 2 youngs guys decide to climb a mountain from a side that noone has ever climbed (and succeded) before, on the way down 1 guy falls and breaks his leg, and now the other one has to decide: to die with his partner or to cut the rope ...) :eek:
Especially since i've done some climbing myself hehe, never got in that kinda situations tho :p

Kung Fu Hustle

Don't let the title throw you...
ha ha ha - get it?
Kung Fu...throw...?
NM :rolleyes:

This movie is AWSOME!

Kung Fu Hustle makes Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon look like an episode of MMPR.

Everybody MUST see Kung Fu Hustle.
It is everything you want, but nothing that you expect.

And it will ensure world peace and universal happiness...maybe.

Hmm - this one is really random...
But is any1 familiar with Gerry Anderson's "Thunderbirds" ???
Anderson was an American puppeteer of all things, and created a huge cult following with his Thunderbird series in the 60s... somewhat of a puppet-take on Bond :)
Really f-ing funny, yet brilliant effects... worth watching and laughing at a bunch of puppets drinking martinis while attempting to save the world from certain nuclear disaster :girl:

Svetlana said:
Hmm - this one is really random...
But is any1 familiar with Gerry Anderson's "Thunderbirds" ???
Anderson was an American puppeteer of all things, and created a huge cult following with his Thunderbird series in the 60s... somewhat of a puppet-take on Bond :)
Really f-ing funny, yet brilliant effects... worth watching and laughing at a bunch of puppets drinking martinis while attempting to save the world from certain nuclear disaster :girl:

i saw some episodes on HBO or something, and i thought it was kinda cool :)

arent they doing a remake on one of those kind of shows? i dont remember if it was Thunderbirds they were remaking, but it was a puppet-movie like T-Birds :cool:

i know im gonna go see it whatever it is ;)

Back