Halloween Gifts

What command was used to hold up the torch?

That is only in the action library right? I didn't see anything except "use tool" when right clicking.

Sure, but you can assign it to keys :). For instance, I have Z, X, C, V set for Use, Unequip, Ready and Relax, accordingly.

Enough with the personal insults and childish bickering.
Any further such behavior will result in temporary forum bans.

:topic:

[Shhhhh Birds, Shhhhhh] hehe

Last edited:
{REMOVED OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION}

Ok in fairness i need to say something on topic....the torches are nothing more than a glorified sparkler really...very disappointed, but at least they did something.

Last edited by a moderator:
halloween_guard.jpg

<removed>

Has Calyso ever given out anything that could actually be used for more than just decorations ?

That demon screenie has me thinking Blazing whip next time cally dev's.....Blazing fire whip to go with my broom (Obviously treated to be fire proof ) ;) Or maybe they will do just that and surprise us Santa Clause vehicles soon LMAO

Has Calyso ever given out anything that could actually be used for more than just decorations ?

The Xmas boxes last year were good storage boxes. Depends if you like fireworks or not, they aren't decorations - they were from a year or so ago too.

Good to see the time activated gift, and its good - an improvement on a previous years trident. :)

The Xmas boxes last year were good storage boxes. Depends if you like fireworks or not, they aren't decorations - they were from a year or so ago too.

Good to see the time activated gift, and its good - an improvement on a previous years trident. :)
The boxes also look nice on display tables. There's little sparkly pixie dust under them that swirls round and round...

You might not notice it though if you don't own an estate and have them on the edge of a table in that estate. For the longest time I didn't even notice it since I had them on the floor. I hope the pixie dust doesn't get turned off in a similar way to how they screwed up the jack o lanterns by making them not light up up close and messed up the deers by taking away their prancing feet.

See Omegaton Delta Tower, Apartment 8 H if you need to see what I'm talking about.

We don't think it's a very good idea to hand out items as gifts that are good enough to directly compete with items that are crafted, looted etc.

I hope the pixie dust doesn't get turned off in a similar way to how they screwed up the jack o lanterns by making them not light up up close and messed up the deers by taking away their prancing feet.

Don't forget the candelabra Christmas thing that no longer works that MA said they were going to fix (at least last time i checked it still didn't work).

We don't think it's a very good idea to hand out items as gifts that are good enough to directly compete with items that are crafted, looted etc.

Thanks for the response. However with the uniqueness (being a once off gift), extreme low tt values (under 1ped), fragility and L tags, how can they compete or even compare in the mid to long term range with higher tt, more durable crafted and looted versions that are not unique (not an acquired taste) and usually with additional attributes ?

DCF

ROCKtropia on the other hand...

Fortunately, or unfortunately any item is in direct competition with any crafted item on some level. There are crafters that create furniture, and they cannot currently create anything as cool as stuff that's been handed out in various handouts because the blueprints for such items don't exist yet.

While it is definitely a balancing act, maybe the trick isn't to cut back on what is handed out so much as it will be to create cooler items that can be crafted, and/or perhaps giving crafters the ability to actually design unique items instead... We can add textures and colors to some items. Maybe you can add new fields where special sparkles, blinking lights, area lighting, moving parts, cool flame and other sprite effects, etc can be used on items to upgrade the textures/etc. Blazers don't have much of a use but they sit and spin if placed in estates... maybe those moving components in there can be used as ingredients to add some bling to some other regular type of items donw the road, and in the mean time give the millions of blazers that are looted regularly more of a purpose than just for tier upgrades. ...x amount of novas = increasting a lamp's radius to light by some %... x amount of blazers = upgrade the intensity of pick change in the color emitted by the same light... and so on.

ROCKtropia on the other hand...

Exactly....Apparently they took the view that a once off unique, fragile, low tt vehicle that is an acquired taste that will not drop again, will not compete with their crafted sports cars which will out last the unique brooms at the same rate of use without question.

How can you compare such a fragile and unique item with much higher tt value and better stats crafted gear on the mid to long term. How long for example does the typical starter Valkyrie last and how has it affect the vehicle crafting market ?

Better than that, how can you say it's not good to interfere with what crafters craft and hunters loot with "unique gifts", when you introduced opposing weapons professions for example. Yes great full for them, but the competition you wish to avoid is better on reproducible, bigger tt, better stats gear than a unique, inferior gift ?

As i say, dont mean to stir the cauldron (yes i helped the "pot" along the evolutionary path)...Just trying to get my head around a logic that seems to contradict the entirety of most professions and their effect on what is crafted and looted in accordance to your statement.

Cheers

DCF

Exactly....Apparently they took the view that a once off unique, fragile, low tt vehicle that is an acquired taste that will not drop again, will not compete with their crafted sports cars which will out last the unique brooms at the same rate of use without question.

Really? I have gone through several cars because of mob bites and PvP attacks, while my Arctic Helicopter that used to have 0.5PED has been hit once ever, since I generally do not use them for PKing or in PvP areas.

Flying vehicles not used in PvP will outlast a land vehicle any day.

I had nothing :(...

I heard that native RT avatars had a broom, cool for them.

As i belong to Calypso avatars, i should be gifted by calypso...
but i got nothing, because my ava is atm at RT.
So, by pure logic, i bet that all avatars who are not on Calypso, got nothing too...

So the message is clear, stay on Calypso.
<removed>

So, by pure logic, i bet that all avatars who are not on Calypso, got nothing too...

So the message is clear, stay on Calypso.
<removed>

You can always fly back to Calypso... you still got 2h 40 minutes.

So the message is clear, stay on Calypso,

There's usually a 2-3 day window on planet partner gifts.
So, if you return to Calypso in the next day or so, you'll get the Halloween Torch.
One of my soc members had just left to visit another planet before the gifts were issued, returned to Calypso, and received his torch.

There's usually a 2-3 day window on planet partner gifts.
So, if you return to Calypso in the next day or so, you'll get the Halloween Torch.
One of my soc members had just left to visit another planet before the gifts were issued, returned to Calypso, and received his torch.
Sorry, didn't know about the 2-3 day window, then you have a bit more time, though, a friend didn't get an RT present (born there) the next day (after 24 hours), so i just assumed they have a tighter time limit.

Sorry, didn't know about the 2-3 day window, then you have a bit more time, though, a friend didn't get an RT present (born there) the next day (after 24 hours), so i just assumed they have a tighter time limit.

I told a friend to register on RT today. No broom for him, even if its halloween today.

Whatever, I didnt get anything at all beeing on Arkadia and I guess itll stay this way.

<removed>

Just to confirm, the torch is the only item, right? (on Caly I mean)

Just to confirm, the torch is the only item, right? (on Caly I mean)

Yes. In past years, I've received one for each of 3 categories. This year there was only 1.

The torch is the only Calypso gift, it is given to anyone who visits Calypso until the 7th of November.

Back