Halloween Gifts

Yes. In past years, I've received one for each of 3 categories. This year there was only 1.

Not completely accurate, I think in 2009 (forgivable due to getting CE2 out the door) we received 1 gift each - the infernal trident.

Happy Halloween everyone!

:vampire:

Ok, let me rephrase: 'In the past years, when there have been 3 gifts - one for each category - I have received all 3.'
There may have been an earlier year where there was only 1 gift, I really don't recall :)

hi,
it's normal that my avatar is born on rocktropia and i don't get the broom?? i don,t know if it was for a limited time or limited edition or something.
thanks

hi,
it's normal that my avatar is born on rocktropia and i don't get the broom?? i don,t know if it was for a limited time or limited edition or something.
thanks

Yes, the broom was handed out BEFORE halloween. -_-

hi,
thanks

Hi marielou, and welcome to Entropia.
You might want to take that up on the Rocktropia forum, or with Rocktropia support.

The torch is the only Calypso gift, it is given to anyone who visits Calypso until the 7th of November.

Much appreciated for confirming the date, and to consider that not everyone can be ingame every day :)

But I guess just this broom made people created another 1000 accounts xD

Congratz MA...I mean Neverdie ! 1 mio. concurrent brooms online at the same time !

I know two RT-born guys, one is depositor is the other is not, only the first one got the broom no matter that the second one is way more active.

We don't think it's a very good idea to hand out items as gifts that are good enough to directly compete with items that are crafted, looted etc.

The Skeleton clothing surely made an impact on tailors, an entire planets population got new clothes for free and i still see plenty of people wearing them 24/7.

I personally take them for what they are... a free novelty item/s for a special day to bring a little enjoyment, some take it a little to seriously I think mainly as they wish to sell the item and make some peds as we see with the brooms, perhaps make them none tradable in future and kill the people that only look forward to items to see how many peds they can get for them.

thanks for the torch even though i doubt I'll ever hold it unless as fishface said "we get an angry mob of villagers together" :).

If not for being rare, the brooms would compete a lot with other vehicles :)

A gift like that on Caly would mostly kill the export of such things as Dragonflies and Spears which have non competitive stats and are loved only for their look.

The Skeleton clothing surely made an impact on tailors, an entire planets population got new clothes for free and i still see plenty of people wearing them 24/7.

I personally take them for what they are... a free novelty item/s for a special day to bring a little enjoyment, some take it a little to seriously I think mainly as they wish to sell the item and make some peds as we see with the brooms, perhaps make them none tradable in future and kill the people that only look forward to items to see how many peds they can get for them.

thanks for the torch even though i doubt I'll ever hold it unless as fishface said "we get an angry mob of villagers together" :).

angry mob idea sounds great!! when and where? :)

I know two RT-born guys, one is depositor is the other is not, only the first one got the broom no matter that the second one is way more active.

Activity has very little bearing on the gifts you get. While I was still on Calypso I'd get all the gifts even though I barely login once a month and haven't deposited in years.

The torch is the only Calypso gift, it is given to anyone who visits Calypso until the 7th of November.

Translation :

Get a super 1pec UL Torch for Haloween !

Visit Calypso.

by Quad : 2 PED
Via our teleporters : 7 PED

Leave Calypso and come back : No 2nd torch, but fees are still there, read above.

---

Btw, we had to come back to caly the previous years to claim our "free" haloween "gift" ?

Activity has very little bearing on the gifts you get. While I was still on Calypso I'd get all the gifts even though I barely login once a month and haven't deposited in years.

I can't quote it but it's been said once by someone from MA that there is an activity threshold for the simplest gift (the one for everyone, when we had had 3 gifts every holiday). Of course if you had deposited at least once you was eligible for the first 2 gifts not matter what, so the threshold evidently was applied only to non-depositors.

I can't quote it but it's been said once by someone from MA that there is an activity threshold for the simplest gift (the one for everyone, when we had had 3 gifts every holiday). Of course if you had deposited at least once you was eligible for the first 2 gifts not matter what, so the threshold evidently was applied only to non-depositors.

It would make sense as otherwise all those alt-accounts that no one has :rolleyes: and lapsed accounts would be getting gifts as well. But then if you don't login during the gift period then they you wouldn't get them anyway.

Yes. In past years, I've received one for each of 3 categories. This year there was only 1.

there was some dev post from a while back that listed that the criteria was for the 3 items I think?... I think the criteria was one gift for all, 1 gift for estate owners, and a third for those that deposited over 1000 dollars ever or something?

there was some dev post from a while back that listed that the criteria was for the 3 items I think?... I think the criteria was one gift for all, 1 gift for estate owners, and a third for those that deposited over 1000 dollars ever or something?

This definition was given last year, for the Xmas gifts.
Where ? I think it will be hard to find it, but one can be lucky.

At least, i had the 3 gifts for the 1st time last year,
when i was meeting the requirements for many years, and always had 2.

20 Dec 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

These are the criteria for receiving the Christmas gifts:

One Gift: Participant has created an avatar before the update.
Two Gifts: The participant has made at least one successful registered deposit.
Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

two short..

That's the one, thanks for finding and posting it Svarog :)

One Gift: Participant has created an avatar before the update.
Two Gifts: The participant has made at least one successful registered deposit.
Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

And Zero gift if you are in the Universe, but not on Calypso.
Anyway, if you decide to visit calypso... :)

Tripping the Universe

the_fourth_dimention.jpg

See also :

Ak's Bubbles
The Sanctuary

But I guess just this broom made people created another 1000 accounts xD

Congratz MA...I mean Neverdie ! 1 mio. concurrent brooms online at the same time !

I guess MA wants to promote creation of alt accounts... like, it's better to pay someone with an alt account (created on Rocktropia) 130 ped (or 2x130 ped if you want a second broom if the first one breaks) rather than spend those 130 ped on activities or helping 25 sweaters by buying 5-10 ped sweat/each from them.

(At least I didn't get any broom by visiting and relogging at Rocktropia.)

Interesting no broom at all on Rocktropia auction (edit: Now when I looked there were 3), and some people have more than one of them. And that market price isn't falling that much - around 100 PED. (Probably, the alt reseller accounts will take care of *that* - to keep price up).

What would help ofc would be if brooms became craftable. Quickly..

Last edited:
And that market price isn't falling that much - around 100 PED. (Probably, the alt reseller accounts will take care of *that* - to keep price up).

There were plenty listed at 80-90PED some day ago, the daily MV was down to 75PED yesterday night but the lowest listed were at ~130PED (several listed by the same person) so yeah... :coffee:

Translation :

Get a super 1pec UL Torch for Haloween !

Visit Calypso.

by Quad : 2 PED
Via our teleporters : 7 PED

Leave Calypso and come back : No 2nd torch, but fees are still there, read above.

---

Btw, we had to come back to caly the previous years to claim our "free" haloween "gift" ?

We are using the least restrictive option available, nonetheless one partner can't hand out gifts to players on another planet.

If only this torch was low lvl club 1.5-3 dmg :rolleyes: .But from bright side we have a torch now :laugh:

We are using the least restrictive option available, nonetheless one partner can't hand out gifts to players on another planet.

out of curiosity, what are the other options available? Since some planets don't seem to have put any gifts out at all, I guess that would be the most restrictive?

I still think, given the nature of RT that it's kinda surprising that there aren't gifts for Neverdie's birthday, lol. could open it up to other holidays besides the ones that gifts have been given up on caly... Asian holidays for the Asian Planet, Arabic Holidays for the arabic planet, etc.

Last edited:
out of curiosity, what are the other options available? Since some planets don't seem to have put any gifts out at all, I guess that would be the most restrictive?

I'm guessing it would be:

All on planet
v
All born on planet and on planet
v
All on planet who have: deposited x/own real estate/made offerings to lootius/have blue eyes etc.
v
All born on planet and on planet who have: deposited x/own real estate/sacrificed their firstborn etc.
v
Nada, because we are all on the naughty list​

Well I won't move planet just to get a gift so looks like it'll be another gift free year for me. :laugh:

btw it was found out today that entering crystal palace gets you the torch also.

can think of that it works for foma as well.

1 torch per person total. entering all 3 gets you not 3 torch ;)

greets,

Hi,

Please don't make evil jokes! You are very well able to collect 25% of my decay, even if I'm light years away from Calypso. And now you're telling me you can't give me my gift there, while reaping decay from me in the very moment?

Sorry. This is just another poor try to lure back as many players as possible. Keep your torch, and put it to good use. I can live without.

Ridiculous.

Back