Question: Has tiering of UL items slowed a LOT?

so my question is wtf happened? and why now the change...

so my question is wtf happened? and why now the change...
dunno , what i can tell is i send suport case last week about that problem.
The reply was the usual copy paste " send to design team"...
but well maybe they finally found that iregularity and fixed it...

Bur or not , they will not say anything about it , because image how many people will ask them all those tieing lost to be back ...My gun could be tier 7 by now...

Anyway , i am kinda happy to see number going up again.

dunno , what i can tell is i send suport case last week about that problem.
The reply was the usual copy paste " send to design team"...
but well maybe they finally found that iregularity and fixed it...

Bur or not , they will not say anything about it , because image how many people will ask them all those tieing lost to be back ...My gun could be tier 7 by now...

Anyway , i am kinda happy to see number going up again.

Ya it was especially annoying with a gun like tango.. i ended up just quitting trying to tier it this last month because it was not moving at all, and with something so uneco to hunt it just left sick feeling in stomach.. I will try it out today when i get home and see if there are some changes.. 1400 peds decay should have moved it from 2.6 to 2.7 i would hope :p

My Mod 53 was stuck at 4.7 for longer than I care to remember.
Then last week it went to 4.8, and finaly on Friday, 4.9, so got it to tier 5 now.

It has changed this week, also some phantom parts of mine have gone up a few notches, after being stuck in a rut.

yea i certaintly pissed i stopped counting at 110k peds cycled at 4.8... just a guess had to of cycled 125k peds and broke over 250 enhancers... did lots of tests... different mobs... enhancers... no enhancers...

thanks MA...

tiering problem back...

65k cycled since my tier from 4.9-5.1 (.1 bonus)

now it hasnt moved a single point since 15 days ago... others in soc report same problem...

It appears to me that tiering is "dynamic" as well.

Whenever there were complains that it did not tier, so was my case.

Whenever there were posts that tiering is fixed, my items tiered fast as well - to the tune of 0.3 gain in one day.

Now there are complains that items stopped tiering for weeks - guess what? same here!

So my assessment is that the numbers on the items are pure hokum, or at the least they exert a very low influence on the tiering speed, when compared to some tiering related server side variables that MA holds and adjusts dynamically.

It appears to me that tiering is "dynamic" as well.

Whenever there were complains that it did not tier, so was my case.

Whenever there were posts that tiering is fixed, my items tiered fast as well - to the tune of 0.3 gain in one day.

Now there are complains that items stopped tiering for weeks - guess what? same here!

So my assessment is that the numbers on the items are pure hokum, or at the least they exert a very low influence on the tiering speed, when compared to some tiering related server side variables that MA holds and adjusts dynamically.

The part I bolded I believe applies to all EU in general. It doesnt matter the numbers, it dosent matter your skill, it doesnt matter how much you try and time spent, there are just certain times where its no win. What ever you try will fail or at least be heavily in the houses favor. By the time most figure this out, they have spent alot of $ trying to force it. EU is not a game, in a game you have a chance at winning but MA forcibly removes that, while giving the illusion its still there.

EU is not a game

However you define it, its been a damn clever use of pixels on a computer screen, to move money from some, to others.

It's now just over 3 months since I got my Mina to 6.0, and it's still 6.0. Something like 80-100k PED cycled through it since then and nothing :(

It's now just over 3 months since I got my Mina to 6.0, and it's still 6.0. Something like 80-100k PED cycled through it since then and nothing :(

Whats the tier rate for for tier 7?

Only 55 so pretty low but I didn't think that was going to mean a complete stop.

It means you have to roughly cycle double the amount as compared to one with a tier rate of 100. Which is why good tier rates are important. If some of the other tier rates are higher though then it'll all average out when u look at the total to get to tier 10.

It means you have to roughly cycle double the amount as compared to one with a tier rate of 100. Which is why good tier rates are important. If some of the other tier rates are higher though then it'll all average out when u look at the total to get to tier 10.

I've never seen anything to suggest that isn't total speculation. Unless you have data to suggest otherwise, I don't think there is any known explanation of how TIRs work, other than the obvious lower=slower.

Even so, 2 x 0 = 0 :)

my average tier rate remaining is 127...
this doesnt help... it is still slow as ever... definatly some kinda bug...

or official... unofficial nerf of the tier system

making tiering take 10 years instead of 2 years... yay!

my average tier rate remaining is 127...
this doesnt help... it is still slow as ever... definatly some kinda bug...

or official... unofficial nerf of the tier system

making tiering take 10 years instead of 2 years... yay!

At least you have a long term goal in game now, right?

Also you can't complain others have a significant advantage over you because they auto fap skilled in acid pools or whatever. We all started at the same time with this tiering system, so all fair and good in EU world now :silly2:

Just go out there and burn peddies with your weapon and you'll eventually gain those tiers.

tiering problem back...

65k cycled since my tier from 4.9-5.1 (.1 bonus)

now it hasnt moved a single point since 15 days ago... others in soc report same problem...

nearing 100k peds cycled again...

stuck at 5.1... wtf is the deal?

i am hoping that 5.1 - 5.2 that "key point" in the tier 5... which takes long...
and it goes back to every 500-3,000 peds cycled to gain a notch :)

It might be its time for us to call for everybody who actively uses some tool and has not had a subtier increase to file a bug report.

Edit: its not that tiering has totally stopped. At least on lower tiers, its certainly still possible to get increases, even on armor. Its possible though that the formula and increases are messed up on higher levels.

Last edited:
I thought is was just me 1 item has been stuck at 3.2 for getting close to a month now.

I thought is was just me 1 item has been stuck at 3.2 for getting close to a month now.

just month?
my gun is stuck for almost 4 months now...

sended support case some time ago, got usual bs answer "forwarded to other team, etc"

my worst tier number its on 6 ...atm 6.1 since 06.09

Shuts eyes downs head, so far I can see a discernable pattern but to pump it up;)
L items simple
UL....crikeys

Not sure there is bug or nerf here.
Take any fresh T0.0 item and use it normally, it will tier up to 0.5 in 2 hours as before.

The UL tier speed is like skills, the more it progresses, the slowest it goes. We are speaking about a EU behaviour, right? Every step is harder than the previous one, as usual.

I hope nobody really expects to see T10.0 items before 2015...

I hope nobody really expects to see T10.0 items before 2015...

haha yea right 2015... that is only 3 years away!
more like 2150... :)

no tiering...
no good loot...
no incentive for me to play except LG...
Zzzz

Bought my i2870 at t4.6 just before I started the steelbird mission, shortly after I started the mission it hit 4.7, about 300 sb away from finishing 1k it hit 4.8. the tier increase rate is 100 for t4. I was using 4 damage enhancers and a 106 for most of the mission to get through the damn thing. So, I wonder if decay of adding the enhancers and big amp made it go quicker than I expected? My Fox ME went up one too. Not a lot of details on that one, don't really care about it anyway.

Last edited:
Well, my AS-129 was at 3.8 since Dec 2010. Hope whoever bought it has more luck in tiering than me

Update post. 40k ped of extracted resources later, the tier on my excavator is still 1.6

I got an SGA Extractor /ME5, T1.6 that hasn't been moving from tier 1.6 ever since I bought it. I think I pulled out some 20kped tt worth of ore with it.

Bought my i2870 at t4.6 just before I started the steelbird mission, shortly after I started the mission it hit 4.7, about 300 sb away from finishing 1k it hit 4.8. the tier increase rate is low 3 digit for t4 ( I'll have to look at it again to remember the exact number, 100 something). I was using 4 damage enhancers and a 106 for most of the mission to get through the damn thing. So, I wonder if decay of adding the enhancers and big amp made it go quicker than I expected. My Fox ME went up one too. Not a lot of details on that one, don't really care about it anyway.

My HL12 UL is stuck at t5.6 for since June.

Only this month I did like 15 rounds of 1.6k ped(ammo+amp+gun) with all 5 dmg enhancers attached.
Last night I was 270 mobs away from finishing the steelbird mission.

All this hunting, even with enhancers and the gun still hasn't moved from 5.6. :(

I expect soon a few quick tier increase rates to take it to 5.9.

Back