Have you all gone nuts?

Status
How would you know that I wasn't then ? ;) All I see in you is bluff, I see that you want a fight with someone.

I said you dunno what u're talking about, nor I said nor I care when you were I dunno where. Regarding the fight, the one who started with an insult is your loyal leader (which IS an impolite newcomer on EF).

I am very relaxed, friday evening, looking forward to a beer.

Anymore questions?

I said you dunno what u're talking about, nor I said nor I care when you were I dunno where. Regarding the fight, the one who started with an insult is your loyal leader (which IS an impolite newcomer on EF).

Anymore questions?

Hey, it doesn't seem to me that way, now you're attacking me and acting like you don't know what you were talking about in your previous post. Should I remind you ? You were saying that I modfap costed 50k back then and there was a sweat cap, and that I wasn't there that time. Well I was, and you trying to confuse me is not very polite.

huh?
I am being hypocritical for asking someone not to tell me what to do with my spare time? :scratch2:
geez, :topic:

No. I'm paraphrasing, but you essentially told him to "butt out of the things I do." The problem I'm having is that you are essentially butting into what the rest of the forum is doing with the criticizing of neg repping. How is it your place to tell them what to do with rep? As far as I recall the rep system is used to create a self-policing environment. People (that neg repped) felt that that post didn't add any value to the forum. (I assume that part.) They may have felt that it detracted from the forum. Isn't that what the rep system is about?

I don't see how the price of sweat or mod faps is really relevant to this thread. It's not about whether the guy was right or wrong in what he was saying but about how he was treated.

Personally I can't see any need for rudeness or neg-repping about this kind of stuff. EF is meant to be a forum for the whole community and newcomers are in many ways the most important part of that community. Is it really so hard to just politely point out the mistake or ignore the post altogether?

I don't see how the price of sweat or mod faps is really relevant to this thread. It's not about whether the guy was right or wrong in what he was saying but about how he was treated.

Personally I can't see any need for rudeness or neg-repping about this kind of stuff. EF is meant to be a forum for the whole community and newcomers are in many ways the most important part of that community. Is it really so hard to just politely point out the mistake or ignore the post altogether?

My hat goes off to you, the discussion was degenerating into another form. Let's from now on sign a pact, to be helpful to newcomers and understand that the do not have uber knowledge and try to offer them what we know, politely, and remember that we were like them in the beginning. For that, there is also Queen's day, the OJ Event.:) Isn't that what EF was originally designed for ? Helping others and creating a solid community ?

Wise words...
Now start listening to yourself :rolleyes:

Its exactly what I am doing ;)

Kerham, funny that you mention that I am a newcomer on EF...I see that I was here before you....not that it matters, really.
It doesnt matter if the guy was right or wrong. It matters that he WAS POLITE and his posts didnt deserve such severe treatment from the ones who negrepped him.
Will you scare away now every new person that comes here and makes a mistake?

Last edited:
You don't know what you're talking about, period. Sweat was gained way harder, way less and it existed sweat cap.

No, mod fap was 100k or 50k maybe and NOBODY was ever able to buy a mod fap from sweat. And mod fap ain't 400k btw.

And I feel insulted by a rather newcomer on the forum calling all of us nuts for Idon'tgiveafuckwho.

frisca where the hell i wrote that you wasn't where.

frisca where the hell i wrote that you wasn't where.

Ok now you are insulting me. You say that I don't know what I'm talking about, and thus imply that I wasn't there back then, and then you say you didn't imply that I wasn't in Entropia back then, so that must have meaned that you say that I was in Entropia and I don't know what I am talking about, and that is plain calling me stupid. This is a "be more polite" thread, so do it ! :)

Ok now you are insulting me. You say that I don't know what I'm talking about, and thus imply that I wasn't there back then, and then you say you didn't imply that I wasn't in Entropia back then, so that must have meaned that you say that I was in Entropia and I don't know what I am talking about, and that is plain calling me stupid. This is a "be more polite" thread, so do it ! :)

M8, from what you write you obviously don't know what you talk about. That has nothing to do with stupidity. You're not informed, you can politely ask. If you were or not ingame at that notprecisedtime I really absolutely don't care.

And to end my participation in this waste of kilobytes, the one who should be more polite is your socleader who overreacted.

See you on page 70 :wave:

M8, from what you write you obviously don't know what you talk about. That has nothing to do with stupidity. You're not informed, you can politely ask. If you were or not ingame at that notprecisedtime I really absolutely don't care.

And to end my participation in this waste of kilobytes, the one who should be more polite is your socleader who overreacted.

See you on page 70 :wave:

Oh please, not again, I thought we skipped the part of me not knowing :laugh: I am also, aside BMW, not a newcomer to this forum, and can say I know "a thing or two about everything". My socleader is trying to induce politeness, not disrupt it. Ahh, and ty for your participation in this thread :laugh:

Ive never seen so many people contradict themselves in one thread. Complete hypocrits.

For once I dont want to fall out with anyone in a flame war... These kinds of posts are getting sad.

Oh and about the actual thread... I know your talking about principles, but If this guy was really bothered about his rep, why don't you think he started his own thread like this?

Not everyone needs defending ...

At the end of the say, there's far worse things In people's lives. Who are we to know why people gave him -reps? Some people treat the system differently to others, so we can't judge on a red bar. Ive had neg reps for silly things like people disagreeing, but also -reps for me being well out of line & deserving It. All that matters Is the rep message. If its a daft reason, people can shake It off, and just add another person to the asshole list.

I know this Is more about prevention & why, but at least we can understand that If someone was shocked by their -reps, they'd post and redeem themselves, or explain themselves If they're actually innocent.

It is funny though, when a person makes their first post, Its almost like the community Is acting like a member filter. I know I rep newer members more than older ones, just because Its nice to see a good, new poster. However, this goes both ways, although I very seldomly -rep a new player, because I know I can send them In the red, which Is highly damaging to them, just because I clicked that button.

What would be good, Is If people cannot rep someone until they've made a certain number of posts, or maybe there's a trial rep where they cannot enter the red zone. Or MAYBE, everyone could start from 100. Pretty hard to get someone In the red from there unless they truely deserve it.

You don't know what you're talking about, period. Sweat was gained way harder, way less and it existed sweat cap.

No, mod fap was 100k or 50k maybe and NOBODY was ever able to buy a mod fap from sweat. And mod fap ain't 400k btw.

And I feel insulted by a rather newcomer on the forum calling all of us nuts for Idon'tgiveafuckwho.

When sweat was first introduced it was actually much easier to get. Mobs could be sweated indefinitely and the price was nearly 4pecs a bottle at one point.
If you are going to be persistently rude and patronising to 'newcomers on the forum' then maybe you should try staying on topic and being a little more accurate with you veteran wisdom. Being here longer is never a good excuse for rudeness and ignorance...

Edit: Looking at the join dates you seem to be more of a newcomer here than the people you are insulting so perhaps I should be more tolerant :D

Last edited:

Anymore questions?

Kerham, lets both take a chill pill and think...
My thread's name was delibaretelly created so it could attract attention, as an alarm to what we are, knowingly or not, doing to our newcomers here, on EF.
I never meant to insult someone, that "Have you all gone nuts" is the same as other non-offensive accepted terms like forum-whores, etc.
But, if you guys treat someone new with a superiour attitude or even worse, you do deserve an insult, IMO.
And I am not a newcomer. I have been playing this game for a year and a half. Not as much as others, I know, but I cant be considered a newcomer either. On EF I have been earlier than you, as you can see the date of my joining.
I am very much polite with pretty much everyone, I can assure you.
But is rather ironical that you call me "an impolite newcomer on EF" when you said "fuck him" about that guy and considering my words above.

oh wow, first of all this thread went a lil off topic... and some posts are just amazing, chill ppl.. and second, BM you know very well that there are a lotof ppl here on EF that give -rep with no good reasons, it happened to me, and im sure it happened to many others.. it will always be like this, some ppl just dont get it, even if u start this kind of treads.. Now all calm down, no need for argues or anything

oh wow, first of all this thread went a lil off topic... and some posts are just amazing, chill ppl.. and second, BM you know very well that there are a lotof ppl here on EF that give -rep with no good reasons, it happened to me, and im sure it happened to many others.. it will always be like this, some ppl just dont get it, even if u start this kind of treads.. Now all calm down, no need for argues or anything

Well said!

I gave him a positive rep which seemed to get him back in the Green..

Only because he is a new player and should have a second chance, But like I told him the others where right about sweat prices , and just hope he does not blow his 2nd chance...

You are right, H0n3y. It went offtopic too much and we shouldnt argue, only discuss, debate, etc.
I know that people give -reps sometimes with no good reason, but that guy was severely affected. I see that his rep has improved a bit now, so I want to thank everyone that tried to balance the -reps.
Really now, I have read all of his posts, so well-written, his thread, as naive as it was, seemed to have been motivated by good intentions, not bad ones. Then, after seeing all of his ONLY 4 posts, I saw that "can only hope to improve" reputation.
Come on, who never made a mistake? I am sure we all did. But how would you feel if you would have just joined EF and then see a sea of negreps and a reputation so hard to repair?
PS: and Dom_sufc, you should look at his posts, he did say something about that. Maybe he just got scared away and never came back to EF? I dunno... But I wasnt trying to defend him, not ONLY him at least, I am trying to make a point on how much damage we can do to a newcomer (and we do want the newcomers, dont we?) when that person makes a naive mistake and some people are too irritated about certain topics.
Why it affects me so much? Simple: I lead a mixed society. I often recruit newbies too and we try to help them by answering their questions, sometimes giving away free items, sometimes selling stuff at tt price. We also, in order to help them, tell them about the best source of information about EU, which is EF, ofc. Many of those newbies dont know yet how things go, and maybe I wouldnt like that my own soc mate, who comes here with a good intention, to get so ganged up on and slayed by the "evil, bored and irritated veterans" here on EF. (metaphorically speaking ofc)

Last edited:
We should clear all the tensions between us and have a party :laugh:

It probably doesn't take too many -reps for a person with 4 posts to get a bad rep.

I didn't neg rep him, but I could see why others did. He is arguing that he deserves to play on the same level as depositers, without actually depositing. He is in dire need of higher level items, but claims that the thread is not about money, but about fair sweat prices. It is just another form of begging.

Most people just forget they were ever new to this game. They probably got made fun of a lot as a noob and now they are scarred and have to take it out on other noobs. (can't say i haven't been guilty of this)

I will say this, though. No matter what sweat prices are.... there will always be those that think they are too low... and they'll post about it.

AND... when they post about it... there will always be a-holes with itchy neg rep fingers and uber egos ready to let them know how much better than them they are.

it can bee from only one two guys i remember mine rep always been + then when i got scamed ( ty gud she scamed more ppl after she sold out so now they all belive me ) remember the post on Godess of Goat i got two guys started to -rep me in everithing i wrote just for the funn off it no need to say that the great rep when down realy fast i was so disapointed i wrote too 711 about it :(

Ummm, can we close this thread now?? It kinda um doesn't lead anywhere...
Mmmkay :kos: :whiner:

When sweat was first introduced it was actually much easier to get. Mobs could be sweated indefinitely and the price was nearly 4pecs a bottle at one point.
If you are going to be persistently rude and patronising to 'newcomers on the forum' then maybe you should try staying on topic and being a little more accurate with you veteran wisdom. Being here longer is never a good excuse for rudeness and ignorance...

Edit: Looking at the join dates you seem to be more of a newcomer here than the people you are insulting so perhaps I should be more tolerant :D

When I joined (jul 2005), later than the sweat was firstly introduced, sweat was way harder than now. Is up to where all of us stay, no? Sweat cap and 4-5 bottles/mob when sweat was 3 pecs/bottle, hardly make it better than now. In fact it wasn't at all. Even worse, existed the trapping spots at Zichion or the conference of noobs at Camp Phoenix, hence the sweat cap was reached before u'd know what jester means. And mobs were hitting maximum each time, if you were doing it legit, in the field, as the stupid dude writing this post (namely me, if somebody reads it difficult). Btw demoniac, I don't remember seeing you at Camp Phoenix sweating side by side with us, maybe it looked different from your shoes :)

I write on the forum only since aug-sep 2005. I asked for my first account (named the same as this one) to be removed from EF when neomaven bought EF. Now I regret it exactly from reasonings like this situation.

Since the first day, I never saw a post from somebody to say "You're all.. (insert insult)". And that provoked me.

About patronizing and rudeness, if them appeared in other situations, I would have understood the "persistent".

And I think I did my share of advices to newbs, of guides and maps with ores, to not have to justify myself for patronizing these two knights of holy rep crusade.

Ah well, venting off, spaghetti to finish.

re

I understand his complaint price of sweat is low but thats a real cash economy. Just like IRL the economy goes up and down price is low now but as people want it more the price will rise. If the sweaters dont want low sweat prices they should hold out for higher prices. I hold out for higher prices on BPs and other items, this is a game of selling your goods for a price if you dont like the price then dont sell. I dont see the problem here.

As for the bad rep well people have a tendency to jump before looking. So yes some people will give neg rep due to the fact that this is a ongoing thread yes it was harsh and yes its not the last time we will see this thread. So if you dont want to read the thread dont it is a community board.

Last edited:
easy answer, dont join the thread and start bitching about how there are 200 more like this one ;)

Ummm, can we close this thread now?? It kinda um doesn't lead anywhere...
Mmmkay :kos: :whiner:

I can understand that some posts in this thread were rather unappropriate, but I think that it was being kept at an acceptable flaming level.
I dont think it should be closed because, if we could keep out the argueing, it could prove useful and make some people think twice before scaring away every newbie that makes a mistake and make us more tolerant about those threads about the sweat prices.
Afteral, who is so irritated by them, can easily just ignore them. If someone is willing to explain and have a constructive discussion with that newbie, is even better. But if you just jump to press the -rep button you will just make them have a bitter taste and increase the level of grudges felt on this forum.

Aren't we getting a little excited about this 2 months later? Don't know who neg reped, i didn't, but most of the flame that ensued was at the one behind the OP.
jjo or something like that. the tone of the whole thread got bad, it happens.
After a few asked how they came up with the number- and they had no idea.
Who can say what a "fair price" is, I can only tell you what the market price is.
Plenty of ppl came to their defense, they are big girls and boys and held their own also.
Do I think they deserved a - rep, no. They don't need anyone to defend them either, they went toe to toe and did just fine, one of their mentors was there also, she has been around quite some time too. The OP probably would have been better off to ask her opinion first - as mentors go he had one of the most knowledgeable.
So to answer your original question, no I don't think we have gone mad.
But don't you think if you post about it with a scolding tone that your just looking to argue about something that is over and done with?

oh and this is an easy + rep Lets not bash the forum's population over lost tempers.

Last edited:
But don't you think if you post about it with a scolding tone that your just looking to argue about something that is over and done with?

oh and this is an easy + rep Lets not bash the forum's population over lost tempers.

To answer your question: no, I dont think there is anything wrong with my tone and I also am not looking for a fight.
I do believe that those who negrepped the guy deserved some "scolding" tho.
But I always made sure to keep my speech to a decent level.
Afteral, I didnt point fingers to anyone. And I am not bashing the forum population either, nor did I lost my temper...otherwise I wouldnt have gotten over 10 +reps for this thread...

Status
Back