How do you think Entropia will end?

I find it odd that they claimed they would provide weekly updates for the entropia unreal development and simply stopped updating 10 months ago. I hope there is actual development happening and not just some last cash grabs before the final plug pull. It actually is really odd.
Odd? you must be new here. That is the standard. "we are going to do all this exciting stuff!!!!" then you hear nothing for 9 months then a couple post or two then nothing. Unreal 7 will be out time they are done

Odd? you must be new here. That is the standard. "we are going to do all this exciting stuff!!!!" then you hear nothing for 9 months then a couple post or two then nothing. Unreal 7 will be out time they are done
They are so fucking bad at hyping or maintaining suspense.

Entropia won't end unless they get their CD funds caught in the upcoming banking system collapse. But since most of us with a brain knew it was coming, I will assume Mindark has already positioned itself appropriately.

The real question is going to be how it will interface with the CDBCs and subsequent auto-tax and spending limitations, but they have some time yet to figure it out.

Will be a massive bank run for sure. But I don’t think EU is in danger of that at the moment. Prices may be down on UL items a little and we have lots of sellers but that’s expected with the influx of new gear we have had. There are still plenty of people gearing up, getting excited and investing to balance out the retirees.
I tend to gauge overall game health by the price of CLD, I think it’s a pretty good indicator, and they have remained consistently strong.

2008 was far worse than anything going on currently & we survived it.
Unless Mindark has been secretly gambling on US treasury bonds with player funds I think you'll be fine.
If the top 500 players get spooked and try withdraw at the same time... well let's just hope that doesn't happen...

Just keep an eye on their balance sheet, even if you don't own shares, you are a stakeholder in MA's future.

Where is Rick when you need him!

Haha.
I've always said in the worst case MA would run the game from a server in a garage, with one technican. It's a cash cow, they don't need a team to develop their art project if income was a problem.

Looter was basically a reboot of the players anyway. Token trader weapons switched the MU from the player directly to MA. Tiering is similar, the weapon TT is still the same. Now the player carries much more capital risk, but have been convinced its for their (player) benefit... funny.

I expect MA to continue to invent new ways to get players to pay much more to; "buy the fruit machine, to play the fruit machine". Then devalue old stuff for new stuff every year. While they get away with that, the game will roll on.

I don't actually believe in efficiency, I think all MA did was create perceived value in a stat, then changed the return on 'ammo in, tt out'. If you pay 80k up front in tokens, they got paid in advance for the weapon anyhow. haha.

MA are really smart at psychology, probably their greatest strength, that's why they latest so long. If they do change anything in game, the first question you should ask is; how has this change devalued my avatar, and what's in it for MA.

Good example.... I often think about hunting drones, looting tons of gazz. I could survive with a standard justifer and A103. Those were the fun days. Sadly all those opportunities were removed.

I have fond memories of the game, I just have no interest in taking out a mortgage to get gear to play it in todays game. But I like to pop in now and then, for a little dabble. It's all cool.

Rick.

This is the game that never ends,
Yes it goes on and on my friends.
Some people started playing it
Not knowing what it was,
And they continue playing it forever just because....

( I am so sorry 🙃, the thread title got the tune stuck in my head)

2008 was far worse than anything going on currently & we survived it.
uhhh.. you sure about that?

Don't forget you're looking from the perspective of 2008 where you seen all that happened in history. We're not even out the other side here and things can (and probably will) get a lot worse before getting better. Even Sweden's still posting near 12% inflation rate over the seemingly paltry 4.25% from 2008. Lots of additional macro events going on this time around too.

Haha.
I've always said in the worst case MA would run the game from a server in a garage, with one technican. It's a cash cow, they don't need a team to develop their art project if income was a problem.

Looter was basically a reboot of the players anyway. Token trader weapons switched the MU from the player directly to MA. Tiering is similar, the weapon TT is still the same. Now the player carries much more capital risk, but have been convinced its for their (player) benefit... funny.

I expect MA to continue to invent new ways to get players to pay much more to; "buy the fruit machine, to play the fruit machine". Then devalue old stuff for new stuff every year. While they get away with that, the game will roll on.

I don't actually believe in efficiency, I think all MA did was create perceived value in a stat, then changed the return on 'ammo in, tt out'. If you pay 80k up front in tokens, they got paid in advance for the weapon anyhow. haha.

MA are really smart at psychology, probably their greatest strength, that's why they latest so long. If they do change anything in game, the first question you should ask is; how has this change devalued my avatar, and what's in it for MA.

Good example.... I often think about hunting drones, looting tons of gazz. I could survive with a standard justifer and A103. Those were the fun days. Sadly all those opportunities were removed.

I have fond memories of the game, I just have no interest in taking out a mortgage to get gear to play it in todays game. But I like to pop in now and then, for a little dabble. It's all cool.

Rick.
There he is!

I don't know but I don't like the accelerated value destruction that goes on... Seems like with every Mayhem or Event MindArk has to give more and more incentives to get people to grind, which will eventually catch up to them (and all of us that are holding the value on our accounts). A free 32m Autoloot pet for 7000 points??? Wow! And with 5% increase crit to boot! What will MA have to give out for free to get people to grind the Mayhem in 2 years from now? This destroys value in other 32m autoloot pets you know!?

If the pace of this accelerates too much, it will result in a terrible experience where valuable items lose their values too fast and people will just lose interest and there will be no point to playing. MA better watch it.

Technically the game has already ended a couple of time. Each new game engine implementation is a new game...

we are not playing the same game anyome as 20years ago and in 20 years we will play another different entropia, so to answer your question the game alrdy ended multiple times and will end multiple times more. With every major change we will be playing a different game (loot 1.0, pvp changes cryengine upgrade, unreal upgrade etc)

in 15-20 years from now there will be a handfull of ubers left playing, and no one else really around, they will sstill tell you the game is perfect and in no issue.

Ludvig will tell them that its time, he cannot keep the local computer in his bassement running just for them anymore and he will pay them their items TT value, and shut it of for good. gg wp no re.

2003 people did go full panic Mode because the game is about to end , most wait 10+ years for items to devalue in order to buy them
2004 same
2005 same
2006 same
2007 same
2008 same
2009 same
2010 same
2011 same
2012 same
2013 same
2014 same
2015 same
2016 same
2017 same
2018 same
2019 same
2020 same
2021 same
2022 same
Welcome to 2023 Things did not change people still think the game is about to end

It'll be boom it's over. There will be nothing after that. It'll be fast so don't worry. The stress of thinking you'll get your investment back will kill you. So forget about it. Hyperinflation makes a great salad.

I don't know but I don't like the accelerated value destruction that goes on... Seems like with every Mayhem or Event MindArk has to give more and more incentives to get people to grind, which will eventually catch up to them (and all of us that are holding the value on our accounts). A free 32m Autoloot pet for 7000 points??? Wow! And with 5% increase crit to boot! What will MA have to give out for free to get people to grind the Mayhem in 2 years from now? This destroys value in other 32m autoloot pets you know!?

If the pace of this accelerates too much, it will result in a terrible experience where valuable items lose their values too fast and people will just lose interest and there will be no point to playing. MA better watch it.

To be fair, MA have made their intentions pretty clear with pets since 2014. They have no concerns devaluing all pets on a whim, be that new pets in boxes, new pets to boost other PP areas, rings to distroy pet value. They've done that enough times, to make that point crystal clear.

You don't even need much skill to tame or train one. As long as they're used to turn more revenue, MA are happy. That's why I won't invest time or money into a Tez pet, something will replace it in due course. Roll on a proper auto fap pet... none of that minus heal cr@p.

Wait till you can use one for tagging, and maybe additional shooter. Haha. Just don't pay 20k, as they will rain into the game. What's the chances MA will bring new life to existing pets? I believe it when I see it, not holding my breath 🤣

Because mindark keep need trow event and more event and devalue often old gear and this bar not only increase , and become expensive that
util point new players going yo? to make profit i need at last 10k bank roll and 100k in gear and before hit regular tt 95% i need waste to skill up Looter (60-70 mid level based in zhoo table) around another 40k? wtf i should play this game
Then devalue old stuff for new stuff every year. While they get away with that, the game will roll on.
I don't know but I don't like the accelerated value destruction that goes on...
While I quoted some people. I feel there a lot of that thinking going on. It's not even wrong but really ? Anyone considered life ?
When you buy a new cellphone you pay premium price. If you buy a 5 years release. Its not longer the same price even if brand new on the box.
What's the difference between EU and real life ? I dont see anyone bitching cause they got a phone or tv cheaper because they didnt buy the brand new model with more features.

Yeah, there will always be TV and "Sacrifical dagger" that keep good value because of their unique perk(s) but it's called evolution of technology. Even each of us work value is being diminished by improvement of computer and machine technology. Why are people fighting over something in a game that they dont even really care enough to fight for IRL ??? Thats what puzzle me. Maybe everything should be cheap on the go but there goes the value of a RCE economy.(Be it IRL or INGAME!)

I remember that the first computer was much weaker than a today cellphone and still costed a arm, a leg, 2 nuts and a few lifetime of work hours. Today ? A week of work pay you a very good phone that destroy any capacity of the old one. Is it fair ? Humm... But it make sense.

While I quoted some people. I feel there a lot of that thinking going on. It's not even wrong but really ? Anyone considered life ?
When you buy a new cellphone you pay premium price. If you buy a 5 years release. Its not longer the same price even if brand new on the box.
What's the difference between EU and real life ? I dont see anyone bitching cause they got a phone or tv cheaper because they didnt buy the brand new model with more features.

Yeah, there will always be TV and "Sacrifical dagger" that keep good value because of their unique perk(s) but it's called evolution of technology. Even each of us work value is being diminished by improvement of computer and machine technology. Why are people fighting over something in a game that they dont even really care enough to fight for IRL ??? Thats what puzzle me. Maybe everything should be cheap on the go but there goes the value of a RCE economy.(Be it IRL or INGAME!)

I remember that the first computer was much weaker than a today cellphone and still costed a arm, a leg, 2 nuts and a few lifetime of work hours. Today ? A week of work pay you a very good phone that destroy any capacity of the old one. Is it fair ? Humm... But it make sense.
An MG42 from WW2 era still has great dps and efficiency :p

How:

When:

4 Months after my final withdrawal. If I time it right. ;)

And for the guys who were here in 2006/7/8 we did see a price crash both with the banking crisis and the Cryengine change that lost us a lot of players, and we will see the same again with all these XXk items (in some cases XXXk) for sale soon.

The most ironic thing will be to see when resellers are reselling to resellers to try and get ped as part of the deal - in order to withdraw. You will see this soon, very soon(tm)

Anyway back by no demand whatsoever (apart from those yet to loot a rare token....)

Mini Mayhem! Hooray!

Definitely one for the bots! 🤖

case#4 This game will end when Entropia Universe 2 is announced, with avatar transfers with updated graphics...and blah blah blah... kinda like how people saying WoW would die 10 years ago...still around...i started playing when it came out forever ago. still going....and you cant make real money in that game..
Not really meaning to fan the flames of doubt here but with the recent disruption/delays with withdrawals and all the financial armageddon stuff going on in the world lately - I can't help but think when the time comes, how will Entropia end? Will we see it coming? Will there be notice? What warning signs will their be? Have you ever thought about it as you whip out your credit card to complete your 10th deposit this month? (I'm sure I'll be able to pull all this out when it's time to pay for my kids college, right?) lol

Case #1 - I suppose there is one expectation that things could just slowly wind down with players gradually leaving and less players coming in and markups gradually receding to a point where there are no markup and the playerbase is minimal before things just naturally end. All giving people ample time to liquidate and get their money out with a minimal loss before things "end".

But, there is also the possibility of a more abrupt end. For example, going by how this type of thing has played out with many other businesses, a financial issue with Mindark could also spell an abrupt end - much like others I don't think we would see it coming and there wouldn't be any notice. It's surprising how financial statements can cleverly hide the real truth of a business's financial situation until it all blows up. Many businesses that have been "too big to fail" had financial reports that painted a good picture leading right up to their ultimate (and rapid) demise.

Case #2 - I could see the day that Mindark becomes insolvent as the day Entropia ends and how I see happening is the servers will go down with the typical warnings "going down for a brief maintenance" and they simply won't come back online. 20 Minutes will pass, then an hour, then 2, then the forums will be a buzz with everyone asking "what's going on?". More hours will pass before an email finally arrives in your inbox where Mindark officially states that they have become insolvent and are shutting down effective immediately.

Depending on their true financial situation at that point I could see them MAYBE continue to honor withdrawals that have already been requested. In a best case scenario, they may even honor the TT value of your holdings and allow you to pull it out provided it's over their threshold of 1000 peds (but they may increase that threshold in this case). The also may impose limits where they will only reimburse people up to a fixed value or the value of all their deposits in the last 6 months. In a worst (and not impossible) case scenario they may simply choose to not honor any ped value on accounts as their ToS tends to favor them rather than players (lets not forget they can do a lot without notice and they can do anything with notice, notice does not prevent changes from happening) and they know that the vast majority of people don't have enough in this game to be worth mounting any sort of legal action to get it out. So they may at that point impose a "only if we're forced to" payout policy if remaining funds are very tight.

In any case, with the second scenario the universal truths are that:
- All your skills instantly become 100% worthless
- The peds in markup you paid for your gun(s) will instantly be lost (hopefully you didn't put it all in a 200,000+ ped gun the day before)
- The peds in markup you paid for your armor will instantly be lost (hopefully you didn't put it all in a 40,000+ ped armor/plate set)
- The countless peds you've paid for Deeds, Real Estate, Shopkeepers, Chips, Tools, Land Areas, Motherships...etc will all instantly be lost too.

It can be a very sobering thought when you take the time to look at your ratio of markup to TT value of all the things you have in your account and the amount of trust you need to place that MA and Entropia will remain solvent.

Anyways, just curious if I'm alone with starting to think more about this lately with things going on with global financials. Don't get me wrong, I understand the recent flap with withdrawals is temporary and there's a lot of promise for EU on the horizon especially with the launch of the Unreal version and the sheer volume of new players that may bring in. I'm not trying to cast doubt here, Entropia could go another 20+ years. But, to not ever at least give this any thought seems kind of foolish. What's your tak

and you cant make real money in that game..
You can make a lot of money playing wow but you won't get paid by Blizzard witch is their company.You will have to use a 3rd party website which doesn't make it legal.Then again WoW never was advertised as play to make money therefore the comparison doesn't make sense.

The most probable end game scenario I see is Entropia's development direction veering so far off course that some new RCE manages to better instantiate Entropia's potential, despite our large first mover advantage. If this happens, I think all parties (MindArk, planet partners, and the user base) bear responsibility.

uhhh.. you sure about that?

Don't forget you're looking from the perspective of 2008 where you seen all that happened in history. We're not even out the other side here and things can (and probably will) get a lot worse before getting better. Even Sweden's still posting near 12% inflation rate over the seemingly paltry 4.25% from 2008. Lots of additional macro events going on this time around too.
Inflation will come down. Central banks have all raised rates. There is a lag period before the economy feels the full effects. The US labor market is incredibly strong which is frustrating central bankers.
The risk lies in whether or not they'll go too far too quickly and "break something". It's possible, but the result will likely just be a sharp/short recession, as they'll reverse course the moment this happens.
This is not comparable to the subprime mortgage crisis yet. A few incompetent banks bet against the Fed and blew up gambling on bonds. Washington Mutual was a very different story.
Recessions aren't that scary when everyone is expecting one. It's the "surprise!" recessions that get you.

You can make a lot of money playing wow but you won't get paid by Blizzard witch is their company.You will have to use a 3rd party website which doesn't make it legal.Then again WoW never was advertised as play to make money therefore the comparison doesn't make sense.
well for those who do not go down the CGF sell your gold on 3rd party sites and risk a ban road....you cant make money. cause you can get caught and banned selling your gold...and its a permeant ban...i know

you cant make money
You can make money in a lot of different ways in WOW not just by selling gold but I am not going to start a discussion about other games and how it works here.Youtube is pretty huge.

2003 people did go full panic Mode because the game is about to end , most wait 10+ years for items to devalue in order to buy them
2004 same
2005 same
2006 same
2007 same
2008 same
2009 same
2010 same
2011 same
2012 same
2013 same
2014 same
2015 same
2016 same
2017 same
2018 same
2019 same
2020 same
2021 same
2022 same
Welcome to 2023 Things did not change people still think the game is about to end
I still play Star Wars Galaxies made by SOE, and the game was taken offline what 10 years ago...give or take...but there is a legacy sever, and it has a big community with about 10k people and up to 5k logged in at any time. the Devs there still do updates, and changes. they added farming, and animal farming. along with several new events. and items...to a game that is free to play. and you can donate to keep their servers up.

but they are very uptight folks, make a mistake and see how fast you get banned. or make one mad.

With some idiot in a parliament somewhere signing a law he doesn't fully understand and making a critical part of the game/system illegal.

The virus on rocktropia will spread outward, consuming all the other planets one by one. Old cd's and cassette tapes will rain from the sky turning everyone they hit into zombies. When everyone is gone, zombie kong will look directly into the camera, and the credits will roll, with "gamer chick" playing in the background. Fade to black.

Back