Question: How long does it currently take for a withdrawl?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
Please Read this before posting.

As I have been straightening up stuff in storage, it has occurred to me that I have a ton of crap that I'm not using. The obvious thought is to turn it into cash. If anyone has had any recent experience with withdrawls, especially a first-time withdrawl, I'd like some input.

A few important facts-

I live in the US.

I have had the same CC and Bank info on file for the 3+ years I've been playing.

I've never made a withdrawl before.

I'm not talking about 100,000 PEDs, but maybe 5000 or 10,000.

So, based on your recent experiences, how long will it take to get the money?

Please, don't turn this into a "conspiracy" thread. I'm just looking for some info so that I can make an informed decision.

I got no experience with withdrawing in US, since I'm Swedish

But the same amount took me approx 2-3 days to get from the withdrawal until it reached my account, this includes first time when my bank account ID wasn't added yet, now that it is, 2 days tops I guess.

I'd estimate 3 weeks.

I'm past business day 10 for what it's worth. Almost exactly what you're doing Rumsponge (everything you listed in your OP is where I am in this). I wouldn't hold your breath.

Business day 14 the status changed to "committed". I read the note from MA saying it could be a few more days, and since I initiated the withdrawal on a Wednesday and the weekend keeps jumping in the middle of things, it should be the next few days.

Roughly 3-4 weeks at the moment from my experience. Probably depends on the MA work load I would imagine.

I live in the USA and my bank account has been on file for over 4 years (since I started playing).

My first withdrawal a couple months ago took 27 business days. It was not large at all. :mad:

My current withdrawal, also not large, was initiated 10 business days ago and is still not "committed". :rolleyes:

Withdrawals should not take more than a week from submission to committed, at least after the first one.

from what ive heard from friends taking cash out, it can take from 3 weeks upto 3mnth I think the higher amount the longer it takes, don't know what takes so long only takes 30 seconds to deposit! I think it should take upto 7days max, they just like parting with the cash I guess :rolleyes:

Can anyone else provide data (including country)?

Belgium 1-2 weeks, all depends on many parties and how long they keep your money. Deposit by wire transfer (bank) about 1 week so a bit slower I think ;)

United Kingdom

First Withdrawl took about 20 days to reach my bank.

For me used to be 3 weeks exactly for it to goto committed status. If it was committed on a Monday I would always have the money on Friday. One odd time I had it commit on a Wednesday and didn't see the money enter my account till the following Monday.

Last withdrawal took about 6 or 7 weeks for some reason. I submitted it in the first or second week of July and received it towards the end of August. Its been awhile I barely remember.

To make a long story short 3 to 7 weeks I guess. I am in the Usa if that matters.

I just got word that my bank account information was incorrect. :rolleyes:
I really shouldn't have expected much more, as non-tinfoil as I'd like to be I never should have expected money from a video game :/

I verified several times the information before committing to the withdrawal. Verified again after getting this email that it's the same.
YMMV, of course, but it is a game after all.

Was "pending" for two months for me.. but I took out a larger amount.

Ok. I just requested my first ever withdrawl. Not huge money, certainly not in the Akoz range. ;)

This is what their email says-

All withdrawal orders are handled manually in order of their registration date. If all your bank account details are correct the payment is normally sent within 10 business days from the registration date. Please also be prepared that at times of higher demand, the processing time might be up to 30 business days.

I'll let you all know what happens.

I made my first withdrawal a month or 2 ago of 15k ped. I live in the UK and phoned my bank for the IBAN & BAC numbers which they gave immediately over the phone. It took 12days till I was notified it had been "commited" and the funds were in my account 3 days later if I remember correctly.

2740 ped took from 11-11 till 11-27 for me.
1st withdrawal.

I found out what's holding mine up: My bank went belly up and was shut down by on November 9th. :mad: I still haven't heard anything from my bank on the matter, but since it happened in the middle of my withdrawal I'm waiting to see what MA's response will be on the matter.

So far MA's been very communicative via the support case I opened. I'm more mad than I may sound, and it's mostly because I'm damn tired. All that PED has just been floating around in the ether for weeks and weeks now :/

I haven't played the game properly for several years and...I still suffer withdrawals :)

Puns aside, bank bankrupcy sounds very bad indeed. Hope it's not a situation where MA have to stand in line waiting for money - and if they do, that they can handle a payment like this in some nice way.

No doubt if they paid the money to the bank, it could be said to be the bank's problem from there on...in that case it's a problem between you and the bank and their failed transaction. Hope for nice but don't count on it :(

around 2-4 weeks usualy in last 2 years,..3-4 years ago was around 1-2 months

All this talk about Withdrawing makes me think why wait, I oughta just go ahead and shoot the pony. :whistle:

I finally got my withdrawal on Friday!

Short of celebrating, however, it was US$119 short of what I took out (and that's counting the fee I already paid to initiate the withdrawal) of which US$15 was a wire fee taken by my bank. I'm waiting on word from MA what happened to the other US$104..

It's a refreshing delight to finally see that yes, you can withdrawal monies from an online video game fo' realz :laugh:

Yea it take between two weeks and one month. No mater how important is the sumn.

got mine in 35 days from the 25 october (35k ped).

I finally got my withdrawal on Friday!

Short of celebrating, however, it was US$119 short of what I took out (and that's counting the fee I already paid to initiate the withdrawal) of which US$15 was a wire fee taken by my bank. I'm waiting on word from MA what happened to the other US$104..

It's a refreshing delight to finally see that yes, you can withdrawal monies from an online video game fo' realz :laugh:

Might be bank fees. My bank for example charges around 10$ for overseas transaction handling.

And to answer original question, usually it takes up to 30 days. Sometimes a few days more, sometimes less.

Ive done half a dozen withdrawls. sadly more deposits. But they vary from 14-30 days.

The correct answer is 10 to 30 business days.

Mine took about 14 days.

Close, but no cigar... yet.

Ok, so it's been exactly 2 weeks since I requested my first withdrawl. Today, I got this email-

Dear Entropia Universe Participant,

We are now trying to process your withdrawal with ID #######, but we are just wondering one thing.
Just to be sure, could you check with your bank that they are able to handle international transfers? Our bank transfer system does not allow the processing of bank transfers to intermediary institutions such as affiliate banks.

An intermediary bank is for example a credit union operating via a larger bank situated in another city/country (with another Swift code). This would cause problems since our system cannot transfer money to such an intermediary institution.
We apologize for the inconvenience but this check is really recommended so that you dont get a bounce fee.

Yours sincerely,
Entropia Universe Support

So, guess what? I contacted my CU and, as is typical of my life, they use an intermediary institution for processing international transfers. I also have accounts with one of the larger online banks. Their FAQ page says that they do not accept international "wire transfers", which I assume this is.

I submitted an EU support case with the name of the online bank and also let them know that I have a PayPal account. I know they won't accept PayPal deposits, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. I asked them to advise me on my options. Since it is nighttime in EU-ville, I'm not expecting to get a response until tomorrow.

So far, MA has been really good about things and I am really expecting that this will get resolved. I'm just wondering if anyone else (especially from the US) has experience with this and has a good suggestion.

As much as I hate the idea, I guess I could open yet another account. I really prefer not to do this if I can avoid it.

Any thoughts?

Back