Question: How long does it currently take for a withdrawl?

As much as I hate the idea, I guess I could open yet another account. I really prefer not to do this if I can avoid it.

Any thoughts?

In your situation, that is what I would do.

Might be the easiest thing to do. I'll wait and see what they say.

Well, ok. I spent a little time talking to banks. Apparently, only the large national banks process their own international transactions. All of the smaller banks I spoke to told me that their transactions go through an intermediary.

I got this response from MA support today-

2009-12-15 09:44 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

If you still would like to proceed with making a withdrawal, your only option is to open a regular bank account in your own name. We understand that this option is not ideal for you, but unfortunately this is required for the payment to go through as it should.

You can update your bank account information in "My Account" on the website. When you have made the update or if you have any inquiries about this issue, please contact us in a support case.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I responded by asking them to hold the transaction until tomorrow so that I can open an account with Bank of America. I also suggested that they find a way to resolve this problem in the future.

I'm still hoping for the best. Guess we'll find out how it works out in the next few days.

Kinda funny to me that the larger transactions take more time, for poker if you request money under $1000, it takes 2-3 weeks, $1,000-$10,000 gets there in less than a week, and anything over $10k is going to your bank within the next day or 2

I got a reply about my withdrawal, and yes I got hit with the 500 PED penalty.
The kicker was the last line "Please note that it is your responsibility to keep your bank information up to date too. Please be more careful about keeping your information updated in the future."

Yes, I should have known my bank was going to fail just a week after I initiated my withdrawal! How silly of me!

Just for s's n' g's:
http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html

My bank is right there "United Security Bank", and as of today I still don't have access to my account or any idea what's going on with them. But hey, it's my fault for not knowing the TOS! (I did and do, but no matter)

I'm blowing out of this game, I'm done. :)

Ouch. That's really "adding insult to injury", so to speak.

So far, they've really been decent about warning me that there could be a problem before they went ahead and put the transfer. My only complaint has been their inability to deal with wire transfers to smaller institutions.

We shall see.

Just for s's n' g's:
http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html

My bank is right there "United Security Bank", and as of today I still don't have access to my account or any idea what's going on with them. But hey, it's my fault for not knowing the TOS! (I did and do, but no matter)

I'm blowing out of this game, I'm done. :)

My god, judging from that list it starts to look like keeping your savings under your mattress is a safer bet! :eek:

Back