How space can ruin game experience

What is the appeal to 'PvP' in Space in Entropia if you're deciding not to do it for the loot? Would you not rather PvP in an MMO with a better focus on it? EVE springs to mind.

Yea there is no appeal to it. The only reason really to engage other ships is in non-looting pvp zones, it is *so* rare to run into another quad in a loot zone in deep space...its almost like getting a big global, even with no loot...its so rare to run into people.

So few people fly that all these pirates do is sit around, wait. Most can't afford ammo to skill or oil to roam....whole thing is sad really. So you see Monria being camped....the place has a teleporter I believe...doesn't even make sense to camp the place. The whole piracy thing is nuts.

You can't compare the world of EU to Eve. Eve is terrible. it is a spreadsheet game of numbers. Its 1 step away from being 2D side scroll.

"How Many People Play EVE Online? We estimate the daily player count of EVE Online to be 273,400, with a total player base of 9,592,979."

I don't like Eve either but it is a very very popular game none the less.

"How Many People Play EVE Online? We estimate the daily player count of EVE Online to be 273,400, with a total player base of 9,592,979."

I don't like Eve either but it is a very very popular game none the less.
A ton of those are alts

wait. you guys dont carry 3k-10kped at a time while quading back and forth to planets, all while arriving safe like the rest of us?

wait. you guys dont carry 3k-10kped at a time while quading back and forth to planets, all while arriving safe like the rest of us?
I used to carry that much loot when i was a newbie in mining. Honestly never been shot down ever since flying Ark to Caly. But then i got addicted to warps.....As to the pvp space aspect, yeah it is kinda a bummer, specialy for newbies id say. for more experienced players i dont see any excuse to not travel to other planets and explore....pvp is a feature of space and its not like 80% of it is lootable. infact they reduced the lootable zones by a lot from what they once were. Its a personal choice , but i dont see why people are giving pirates a hard time here tbh. Morality is just an obscene thing to bring up . Its a feature and you have ways to circumvent thats space. Meh just my two cents as a pvp miner, i dont cuss pkers who kill me cause i know the risk of entering pvp.

Morality is just an obscene thing to bring up

Lootable PVP in any game is a contentious topic. Lootable PVP in an RCE is going to increase that.

Not discussing morality when it comes to taking something that is someone else's seems odd. Morality is the whole point of contention in the topic.
This is more of a philosophical discussion though. Is it morally right to do something just because there is a system in place that allows you to do it without repercussions? If there is a condition that makes it ethically accepted to take someone else's life, is it morally right to do so? This is a very contentious discussion as well known as the capital punishment debate.

The game is what it is, and if you get looted in Space it is your own fault. There are systems in place, in which you pay a fee and get a decently safe alternative to travel. BUT not bringing up morality in the discussion in a topic about how it feels bad to be looted in space seems weird when morality is likely a large factor in why it is feeling bad.

Back