How to setup Entropia for Oculus/Meta VR?

Greetings Entropians. I have seen a thread or two asking if the VR works but I have never seen how to actually set it up. I recently purchased an Meta Quest 2 and I want to make a YouTube video about Entropia with VR. However, there doesn't appear to be details on setting it up. Hopefully the new UI also improved or made this easier.
I believe that figuring out how to integrate VR with our game is essential for the future and I want to showcase it.

Even mindless fishing or bowling games are fun in Virtual reality. Imagine being a miner feeling like you are actually on the planet drilling resources.
Also, the fitness aspect too of getting our players off the chair and moving in an immersive environment. If Entropia isn't a prime candidate to push into the VR scene then I don't know of one.

Action Library - Toggle VR Mode

Mind you it was never fully implemented, and I have no idea if it even works at all. When I try it all I get is "Cannot enter virtual reality" but then I do not have a VR headset :p

Let us know if it works! :)

Still looking for information on the setup process if anyone has one. Clicking the VR button in game just brings up a prompt that says "can't enter virtual reality". Can anyone at Mindark explain the setup process or link a guide by chance? @Ludvig|MindArk

I found a thread that was nearly 10 years old mentioning using a program called Vorpx. I am unsure if this is still the route to get Entropia working on an Oculus. I would like to know before I buy a program that costs 400 peds equivalent.

again,

it was never fully implemented

plus VR is completely different than what it was 10 years ago... i highly, highly doubt that any meaningful VR development has taken place for EU and I would strongly suggest you save those 400 PEDs for something else :)

Im almost sure someone managed to run EU on VR headset and there was a vid somwhere here. But it was terrible, i dont think he was able to do anything except looking around.

Last edited:
It was one of those things that Mindark likes to do for PR; but then never bothered to implement it... just try to capitalize on SEO.

Back