HUNT for your COUNTRY

And GB has already 3 teams :confused: :scratch2:

Yes but same as, eg., football World Cup where separate UK nations all field their own team.

Next year we could have separate teams for home nations and also a UK team if enough GB players register?

Or even a Team Europe (like Ryder Cup) in the unlikely event that USA dominate this year's competition? ;)

Hang on a minute, am I misses something here?
'losers' looking to another team ?
Surely this goes against the whole spirit of contest ?

I don't think anyone who has already been in one team should be able to apply to join another team simply because their 1st team has already lost !

National pride goes out the window when there is a nice jacket up for grab :mad:

my 2 pecs worth ;)

;)

who do you call "losers" .. Im a LOOSER dammit :lolup: :cussing:

;) some of us loosers just don't want to give in! Or up or give anything else .. :D

I don't think anyone who has already been in one team should be able to apply to join another team simply because their 1st team has already lost !

I agree with this.

It doesn't make sense to let members of losing teams back into the competition. I don't know of any competition in the real world that has this system?

I'd have a re-think on this Hurrikane.

who do you call "losers" .. Im a LOOSER dammit :lolup: :cussing:

;) some of us loosers just don't want to give in! Or up or give anything else .. :D

haha, if you were in a team got knocked out , that would make you a ..........:scratch2: non-winner !
I can understand anyone wanting to still be part of WoF, great event that it is but how is fair for anyone to more than one chance ??
I think if you were sign on for any team , when that team went out the contest then you should be out the contest !

Sorry, but even making a hybrid team still wasn't enough to scrap into stage 3 ;)

oops did I speak my mind again ;)

Last edited:
yeah,
thats what i meant,
if a team member can jump on another team, anybosy can really loose the contest.
This is a bit unsual huh :scratch2:

Please Hurrikane, can you give your advice ?

haha, if you were in a team got knocked out , that would make you a ..........:scratch2: non-winner !
I can understand anyone wanting to still be part of WoF, great event that it is but how is fair for anyone to more than one chance ??
I think if you were sign on for any team , when that team went out the contest then you should be out the contest !

Sorry, but even making a hybrid team still wasn't enough to scrap into stage 3 ;)

oops did I speak my mind again ;)

well, I see it like this: Full teams plays better than no-full teams. Also the winning teams have had people who left them. If they still want to have full teams to be at the same member-level as the other teams - n00b-looser as me joining or not - so be it? I don't seem anyone here is loosing by it. Also, remember we lost - would a bad player on a team hurt you? ;)

My biggest frustration here is, that I only had time for one hunt in the team, since the other days wasn't available for me! And I wish to help out others :goes nunish ... : :saint:

:D
well, I see it like this: Full teams plays better than no-full teams. Also the winning teams have had people who left them. If they still want to have full teams to be at the same member-level as the other teams - n00b-looser as me joining or not - so be it? I don't seem anyone here is loosing by it. Also, remember we lost - would a bad player on a team hurt you? ;)

My biggest frustration here is, that I only had time for one hunt in the team, since the other days wasn't available for me! And I wish to help out others :goes nunish ... : :saint:

You can help friends even outside the official hunt team ;)
Support teams will do the difference, except for usa i think :D

:D

You can help friends even outside the official hunt team ;)
Support teams will do the difference, except for usa i think :D

Tried that last time ;) But it's still not the same, is it ...:D

Also, remember we lost - would a bad player on a team hurt you? ;)

Yes but imagine how a team would feel if they managed a shock victory over an uber team only to see the same ubers reappear in another team?

So basically it's an objection to these rules Lykke, certainly nothing personal against your participation ;)

Yes but imagine how a team would feel if they managed a shock victory over an uber team only to see the same ubers reappear in another team?

So basically it's an objection to these rules Lykke, certainly nothing personal against your participation ;)

I know, I know ;) Worse scenario would be that I would safe the money I was going to use and spend them on something else very usefull :D ... queen stillettos f.x. :scratch2:

yup,
i know baby, being outside is not the same thing.
I think that Hurrikane mantain the max number of 4 players for this reason.

Every team (except USA again:D ) with mostly mid level players is forced to manage a great number of supporters, neightbour, parents to have an hope to win :D

Have you some italian ancestor ? :laugh:

I know, I know ;) Worse scenario would be that I would safe the money I was going to use and spend them on something else very usefull :D ... queen stillettos f.x. :scratch2:

Go on treat yourself to those boots :)

I've already bitched about having to play England again, but they have qualified so I'm happy to do so again. However, if 'they' reapppeared as some other nation :( well that would just have been a joke.

It's a team event, that's not all about being uber.So for little guys to have a chance this switching teams should be stopped.

I think the whole objection to the idea of an incomplete team being able to recruit someone from a retired team is a bit too late.

Hurrikane announced weeks ago that this was an option and no one seemed to complain about it then, did they?

I'm sure that there are not too many people who would be willing to give up their seats on a team to a bunch of ubers to allow them to win the coveted jackets, but that is something completely different.

I would certainly be against seeing teams drop a player in order to make room for a displaced uber, but how do you fill spots if you have had one that was empty for the last 7 weeks if you can't recruit a displaced player?

I would certainly be against seeing teams drop a player in order to make room for a displaced uber, but how do you fill spots if you have had one that was empty for the last 7 weeks if you can't recruit a displaced player?

Well you don't fill the spots...that's just it, the same tough breaks as in real life competitions, otherwise what's the point?

Well you don't fill the spots...that's just it, the same tough breaks as in real life competitions, otherwise what's the point?

ahhh... BS, a team should have the right to fill an empty spot if one exists.

On the other hand, I certainly didn't see any crying from anyone when someone in another team openly announced they were leaving the team to make room for a certain uber on their team towards the middle of the last stage, so why are you all complaining about it now?

a team should have the right to fill an empty spot if one exists.

possibly with a player of similar skills/equipment?

I'd not like to see another team recruit skal, stryker, stormer when or if those players teams get thrown out.

for next year I'd like to see some additional 'rules & guidance' regarding 'replacing' team members

and yes noobs were dropping out like flys to let those uber ubers take they're places.

ahhh... BS, a team should have the right to fill an empty spot if one exists.

Yes, I've no problem with teams being filled, that's always been the case thoughout the contest todate. It's not like there is shortage players.
I just have issue players who have ready chosen to play one team & have lost looking to play again in another team. You should share both the defeats & the glorys.

On the other hand, I certainly didn't see any crying from anyone when someone in another team openly announced they were leaving the team to make room for a certain uber on their team towards the middle of the last stage, so why are you all complaining about it now?

No, but that was their choice to leave to let someone in as per the rules, they didn't a player who had been in a team.
I'm only complain now because I noticed it's happening, as there were no matches this weekend.
The original post (edited) has a list of the teams & their members who are out of the contest or I'm missing something?

There are no rules that say losing players can't play again for a another team, but I think there should be. It's a team event, in my experience of any team event (rl or otherwise) there is this kind of restriction.

What is stop one team forefiting their a match to let another team go through, so they a few players can switch team in the next stage ? ( part from the number players)?
This started out as fun event where ped ( pre jackets) was not important, but the pride in representing your Country was driving force.
I think anyone want to still be involved in the event their team was left the contest should act as support for 2nd choice Country team rather than trying play for a second team.

but that my 2 pecs ;)

Obviously, it's Hurrikane's call

I completely agree with you in spirit and theory, but it was clearly stated before hand that a team member could resign from his/her team and join another team if they so choose.

Hurrikane even went one step further by indicating that a team captain or a unanimous team vote could remove a player from the squad if they felt it appropriate.

Now certainly there is room for abuse in this and any other contest, we see it all the time. There are certainly people, and likely teams, that care more about the win and the glory than simply about being good sports.

I'm going to use Team Scotland here since we pulled another player from a finished team, but we intentionally stayed away from a couple of "uber" options because we wanted someone that fit into our group with similiar skills, similar gear and a similar drive to be part of a team, not someone that simply could pack the most punch.

It would have been very easy to have picked up a couple of ubers that could have carried the team, but that isn't our style (although it was discussed... lol). Certainly there is a chance that others will not look at it the same way and will drop members to fill the roster with "ringers" that may have been dropped from the competition already, but the rules currently say that is ok, so I'm not one to complain about it.

Should Hurrikane decide that a player, once his team is eliminated, cannot re-apply for another team, then I have no problem with that either. I mean if you really want to make it fair, then you make a set sign-up window, once that closes, no more additions to the team period.

If you end up in the end with 3 players total cause many drop out and you can't add new one, well I would live with that too.

the same tough breaks as in real life competitions

It's a team event, in my experience of any team event (rl or otherwise) there is this kind of restriction.

why should everything be a copy of RL :scratch2:

anywho, you guys need to read better :deal: ... changing rules in the middle of an event is worst then havin a bad rule to start with imho.

but yeah, i still think it would be a good idea to have a rule that forbid ppl to change team / join after elimination....for the NEXT edition of the WOF

wow what a lot of stiring just because I wished to join another team which was in lack of filling out the numbers in the team as the other competitors -and possibly i would not have been "fighting" at all, since I only suggested I could be a stand-in ....:rolleyes:

:yay: BRING THE POPCOOOOORN!

The new mobs are an improvement, but I was really looking forward to longu/ambu/trox/trax; mobs that can be found in decent sized numbers in various places throughout our universe. Hunting endangered species is very hard when 4-6 teams are competing at the same time :(

The new mobs are an improvement, but I was really looking forward to longu/ambu/trox/trax; mobs that can be found in decent sized numbers in various places throughout our universe. Hunting endangered species is very hard when 4-6 teams are competing at the same time :(

I have to agree with you there, mate.

One of the things I noticed in scouting was the very thin populations on several of these mobs.

yup agrreed there's gonna be carnage at thori temple lol

I'd personally love a CP stage :)

I'd personally love a CP stage :)

Oh for the love of God... I can see it now. 4 teams of 4 players each... that's 16 players that are actively hunting... oh, let's not forget about the 4 extra "support staff" for each team.... now there are 32 people running around in Dome 4 trying to kill the handful of big mobs in there.

FAP's flying back and forth... FAP'n the wrong teams guy... mass confussion. It would be a hoot!

(and yes, I realize there are 4 domes, but dome 4 seems to be a favorite for the global hungry)

I may be wrong, but I think it was probably done on purpose. Forces a little strategy into the picture. With the Warriors, there were several dense spawns, so it was mainly a "kill everything in sight, pray for as many globes as possible" ordeal. With the new mobs, it adds a level of complexity.

Now we've got to scout several locations in hopes that come game time, the other team doesn't know of it or devotes less manpower to it. With the low spawns, teams are either going to be standing around wasting time, waiting for mobs to spawn, or their going to be active, moving from place to place, trying their best to find a constant supply of mobs.

It adds a level of play that really eliminates the ubers vs mid-level mentality. Yeah, the ubers can sweep through, wipe out an entire herd of Longus and pick up who knows how many globes, but when its a sparse spawn of Itumas, their super firepower doesn't mean as much, which overall levels the playing field a bit.

THe next round is gonna be a tough one. May the best team win :yay:

I would like to participate if this is still possible

If it is still possible to entre a team :

Arwen Arwen Udomiel - France

Firstly, UK has 3 teams because people from the three different countries that make up the UK posted to say they wanted to enter. The only reason any team is NOT on the list is because they didn't sign up. And anyone who thinks you're gonna get Scots burning PEDs under the same flag as the English, you're welcome to suggest it:)

The "re-entry" thing. The Rules state that only those who leave a Team leave the Tournament (Until Stage 3 under the new rules). Those in Teams that have not progressed are under no such rule.
Dropped players were allowed to re-enter their own teams in the Rule Changes for Stage 3; those out of the Tournament for other reasons continue to be eligible to join any team, as they were before.

The reason this doesn't make it unfair: At the end of Stage 3 Teams cannot drop any players, only add them until full. This final team line-up stays the same for the Semi-Finals and the Finals. Barring any complicated tactical team-shifting in Stage 3, which I will do my best to persuade against, there should not be any abuse of this rule. Any upset to the Tournament because of ANY rule abuse falls under the one Rule of mine: Stop it, leave.

The way I see it, all the Teams that are Full do not need any new players, especially as has been said, those who failed on the way. The "big" teams are bristling with several million skills and ready to go. Those short of numbers might need the help; to refuse any applicant is denying them a full team.

Anyone who's hunted in the WoF should know, it's something you want to do more of; and if the only help a team can get is those who have played before for other teams, then I haven't got a problem with it.

Maybe the Rules will be different next year (many changes already planned). This is them for now.

Hurrikane

Back