Help: I need 5 new avatars to test the way a new player can live on 15$/month << please read if you are new >>

Glad to be a part of this... I have been spending a few hours reading now.

I gather my first two tasks/quests as learning the basic controls then getting teleport points. Should I start on this now, or wait till you have the full group of five?

Please wait until we have the group of 5 people so we all meet in game and decide what to do. We will add each other in FL and I will give you the details on how to connect to ventrilo server.

Hey, BH,

Will the same plan work, if, instead of an opalo, i go down the BLP rifle route? I think this is a plan that could work for me. Unfortunately, i already have a mentor and wouldn't replace him for nowt, so i couldnt help you with your test. Like, start off using Isis CB5, etc etc. I mean, that's what I've been doing. Of course, i need to backtrack a bit, and max out the tt shortblade - do the guide from the start.

I would not go on BLP route in the begining. The only good BLP toy for beginners in Svempa S60, but until you max it, you will have a hard time.
Again, I don;t know how the loot system works, so you could be fine the way you want to play. Is just something I would not do.

Good luck with your 'test' BlackHawk. Sounds like a golden opportunity for new players to learn how the game works.

Blackhawk.. if you struggle for 5 newbies.. come and hang out at newarrivals zone and i'll happily back you up as reputable player

The tutorial is in here:
Guide to play on 150 PED/month.

Link doesnt seem to work?

Since when is the S60 a beginners BLP gun? S30 maybe..big difference there though.

Optimism is nice, experiments are nice, the figures in the plan here look more like dreams to me. We'll see I suppose though.

I wish you all luck :)

t

Since when is the S60 a beginners BLP gun? S30 maybe..big difference there though.

Optimism is nice, experiments are nice, the figures in the plan here look more like dreams to me. We'll see I suppose though.

I wish you all luck :)

t

S60 is not a beginner's gun but I'd agree with BlackHawk that it's the first BLP gun that's really worth using if you're trying to play eco. I spent a year or more skilling with S60, it's a great gun (though I would suggest moving up to T5+Beast when you've maxed it, as long as T5 stays around 120% as it is now - when I did that S60 skilling the T5 was more like 140% so I used it much less often).

S30 is too weak to be of any use, you might as well use TT weapons instead and forget about BLP skills till later. S40 and S50 are more useful but only if you can get them for TT price, otherwise Breer Pxa series are better for eco skilling. Again of course you don't get BLP skills but the point of the plan is to play as eco as possible, and for the most part BLP skilling doesn't fit with that plan.

My list of 5 is filled. The experiment will start soon.

Last edited:
Ventrilo server could not be installed on that server and we will use TeamSpeak server instead.
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

The 5 that want to join the experiment, please install the client and contact me in PM so I give you details about how to connect to the server.

Good luck, and I hope I will see soon posts from all 5 of you.

Very interesting project! :thumbup:

Great experiment and I wish you all the best but it would have been much more interesting if the names of the players were withheld until after the experiment was over. For some reason I think these lucky 5 players will have unnaturally good loot as a result of this thread. ;)

Great experiment and I wish you all the best but it would have been much more interesting if the names of the players were withheld until after the experiment was over. For some reason I think these lucky 5 players will have unnaturally good loot as a result of this thread. ;)

Unfortunately, that is true.

I don't think is true. If you think this is the case, start something like this yourself. How hard can it be? But I would suggest to try and do whatever they are doing. And you will see that you will do okay.

Blackhawk you're a great hunter and I honestly enjoy hunting at cp when you're there because it keeps a steady stream of mobs to shoot at but the idea of hunting in any form for 4x30=120 hours in a month on 150 ped is beyond my ability to comprehend.

To be fair, I'll try it. I have 215hp and an imp fap so pretty much any smaller/med size mob has zero overhead. I've tried big guns and small guns. L and UL. Big mobs and tiny. Brother, I'm sorry to say they're all the same. The one thing I have not tried is a MM. Maybe that's the secret.

I WILL give what you suggest a try though.

pm sent , blog created

Ventrilo server could not be installed on that server and we will use TeamSpeak server instead.
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

The 5 that want to join the experiment, please install the client and contact me in PM so I give you details about how to connect to the server.

Good luck, and I hope I will see soon posts from all 5 of you.

I sent a pm. I also set up a blog at http://entropiaexplorations.wordpress.com/

Since wordpress allows for multiuser blogs, if any of the others also want to use it just create and pm me your wordpress username.

Nice initative BH, best of luck to all involved in the project.:)

/Arwen

I still would very much like to read the tuturial.. im playing with 35 euro's a month atm.. would really love to cut some cost..
Is there an alternative link for it?

Subscribing and +rep for a very nice initiative. I'm still a noob and will ever be but i'm pretty sure this experiment could work, patience is THE key. ;)

GL to you all though. :cool:

I'm proud to be part of Hawk's experiment.
I'll try to do my best so experiment would prove!!
Wish us all GL, it won't be easy out there in wild Entropia world!! :D

Okay. I'm not a absolute newbie, but, I started at the front of this guide, and im going to see it to the end. See where i end up. I may have to ditch my BLP setup - welll, i wont sell it, cause i like my beast, but, i reckon this sounds a lot better than my current state.

Hi, i made a entropia universe account a few weeks ago, would really like to join your experiment/test. My in game name is Gordon LOL Freeman, ino that the name doesn't sound that serious and it wasn't when i joined but im starting to really like the game now. If needed i'll happily make a new avi and delete this one. Hope the test group isn't full.

Thx from Freeman.:)

The test grup is full at this point. I will consider taking you in our team, so stay tuned. But I will not promisse that I will. I have the feeling I already said yes ti 6 people instead of 6. So if I will have 5 people in my team, I will take you to.

Officially after this post, I will not accept any more people in the experiment.

If any of you will try to do the experiment on their own and post the results on forum, are welcomed to do so. I wish you all good luck.

If any of you will try to do the experiment on their own and post the results on forum, are welcomed to do so. I wish you all good luck.

I will post my results, afterall, its the least i could do to repay you for writing this kickass guide.

I will post my results, afterall, its the least i could do to repay you for writing this kickass guide.

I will be watching out for it.. I want to play for 15$ too!

BlackHawk said:
4. They will make a blog where they list the value of the avatar every day (using my items) and the story of that day (what mob, how much spent, how much return, what, details...)

Do we get to follow these blogs as they happen or only see them at the end?

Back