I'm a trapper

CAC

Old Alpha
Society
Retired
was Kobe PStar Tai, now Femme Fatale
Apologies to shoalin for this, (I believe they are land owners)

But if you're going to hunt Cersumon @ Oyster Isle, please be aware these mobs are really being affected by the trapped creature issue.

see pic below
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

As I said, apologies to shoalin and it might be worth you collectively whinging to MA about it.

On the bright side, even though i fapped alot, they were great to hunt, neckid

Was running through in my boar with 5a's which has 0 electric protection so took it off and played for 30 mins or so :D

Yep they are affected badly by the new AI in some spots :(

I'm pretty sure they are due a big drop soon though so you hunters shouldn't let the extra challenge of not being able to hit them put you off :)

jep, get closer and give it a hug :hug:

its a known problem. all ranged mobs are affected by it.

MindArk isnt really helpful on this problem, so in worst case we have to wait for an overhauled mob AI.

a workaround for this stuck problem is to approach the cersumon, once it got in range.
personally i close in to the cersumon nose to nose anyways to eleminate the risk of missing a shot due to little misaim with the mouse on a pinhead sized target at the horizon.
this way the stuck message doesnt occour.

Demoniac is right i assume.
Cersumons are ATH capable. and they are the only mob, which didnt ATH yet, so they are due.
who knows whate else a cersumon may contain in an ATH beside Shadow helmet, Eon gloves, moderate TP chip, EP38, EP40, and Mannequins?

Miners btw:
Shaolin Island is a known mining area for GOLD!

take a look at this Land Area video (McCormick)!

Same problem with argonauts. You hunt them in the hills, one is standing a little below you, you start shooting at it and after a while it turns invincible, even though it can still hit you :/

Me getting owned by a trooper:

Its first damage is because of the tagging fire to pull it out of the "red cloud", and then I tried to run forward to get it.

Thorifoids doesn't seem to be affected by this bug, though.

Excellent Video....that was most definately cool

:clap:

aia said:
Me getting owned by a trooper:

Its first damage is because of the tagging fire to pull it out of the "red cloud", and then I tried to run forward to get it.

Thorifoids doesn't seem to be affected by this bug, though.

what graphic card you got...
that screeny looks a bit like comics art effect ...

Etopia said:
what graphic card you got...
that screeny looks a bit like comics art effect ...

It could be my graphics driver, but since last VU (the one that updated Direct X), brightness changes from time to time... Also because I've got a monitor with low constrast I've changed the "gamma" setting (if you think the image is too light/dark). Also I only use 16k colors, no anti-aliasing, optimized for performance (I was hunting feffs, not out for a sightseeing :laugh: ).

Don't know though if you have visited that place, it's the small area with robots near the eastern "wedge" of the blue zone (the ones with the big feffs).

I see nothing odd with the picture?

CAC is running in lowest colour settings and graphic settings that's all.

AkiranBlade said:

Ehm, well you deserve some +rep for that.

But WTF are we doing? MA is offering us a service: we pay real US$ (real cash economy???) for using their game-environment. They use and dont fix a bug to make you pay much more money to them than usual. I think they are laughing themself a second hole in their ass when they read that we should go back/forward/left/right until their buggy AI allows us to damage a mob again. Big ammo/decay for the next vacation...

MA, that way your service/game wont work!

Jac

maybe another thought about it
simply dont hunt ranged mobs atm?
oh, and dont take too many melee ones, else you have a similar effect :rolleyes:

AkiranBlade said:
CAC is running in lowest colour settings and graphic settings that's all.

no flies on you pal

when they released the VU that gave us improved graphics along with the bug that told me i didn't have advertising enabled, although i did, I turned everything down graphics wise to see if that helped. I've just never turned them back up again

thanks for reminding me ;)

Jac, this summed it up for me perfectly.

somebody told me : " Actually, in the matter of software , core , networking and all, MA are selling the same 53 years old whore, over and over again...the whore get older and older , sicker and sicker , but there are a bunch of addicteds and pervers who keeps paying visits to her once in a while....and ofc there are the noobs, the virgin ones, willing for an easy-fast-cheap f***k; well, they deposit and after a while they discover who was the real f****d up one...."
:laugh:

Ah, well the 2x anti aliasing is barely noticed and 4x makes the 2D icons go weird so you can't use that anyway.

But it's not THAT big a difference :p

Back